Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2008, 20:03   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkunaldas View Post
chauffer driven car with good back-seat comfort and ride.
the Logan perfectly fits the bill.

Quote:
A.S.S of mahindra
better than many. you'll not find many faults in the a.s.s.

Quote:
Resale value
its been just a year since the launch of the logan, so a little too early to comment on the resale.

Quote:
Possibility of Logan II launch
not in the near future. not before 2011.

Quote:
breakdown of co-operation b/w mahindra and renault.
The breakdown of the 'co-operation' was for one specific plant, apart from the one which produces Logan, in which renault and nissan are partners now. Mahindra-Renault is very much there.

Quote:
i do not see news of any other models getting launched under the combined banner. plus mahindra's more interest in SUV's than cars/sedans
Logan MCV, Sandero are next on the list. The Logan II will come after them.

Quote:
any newer/expected launches in the near future in the same price-range. i have read horror stories about indigo. also indigo CS does seem to match the build quality of logan. is indigo V3 worth waiting for? will fiat-linea match the price range?
Nothing expected in the lower c segment as of now. the latest is the DZire.
Tata has its hands full right now. According to news reports its the Nano first, then the Indica V3, then the Indigo V3.
Linea will be an SX4/City contendor i.e. an upper C segment player.

Quote:
any discounts/scheme on logan in delhi / noida?
no idea, i'll suggest you to call up the dealer and ask. also inquire about finance payouts, corporate discounts, freebies.

Quote:
@ashutoshsb - can u p.m ur contact details?
have PMed you.
Old 5th June 2008, 00:02   #137
Senior - BHPian

Nice choice of tyres Ashu. The car looks amazing now. Infact its the best Logan I have seen till date. I never liked the looks earlier but after seeing your car the looks are growing on me
Old 5th June 2008, 00:32   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Nice choice of tyres Ashu. The car looks amazing now. Infact its the best Logan I have seen till date.
thanks bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
I never liked the looks earlier but after seeing your car the looks are growing on me
thats a big compliment! For me and the car!
Old 7th June 2008, 23:28   #139
BHPian

There seems to be a upgrade in Logan. anybody has more details on the features and price expected.
Logan variant for high-end buyers- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
Old 8th June 2008, 00:07   #140
Senior - BHPian

Yes, as the article suggests, the 'special edition' will have ABS, better interiors. But then, according to the article, it will be limited to the high-end variants, so I don't think there will be a drastic change.
Old 22nd September 2008, 20:38   #141
BHPian

Paint quality of logan?

Hi Ashutosh,
Now that your car has crossed 1 year, what is your opinion about the paint job? I am asking you because black is a specifically difficult color to maintain and it is very easy to notice any degradation of the gloss on a dark color. I am planning to go for logan, but having a small doubt. Most of the logans that I am seeing here in Hyderabad are the silver or white ones (private vehicles and not taxis). And on both the shades, the shine and gloss of a new car seems to be missing, and the cars appear to be very old. Have you noticed any such thing? I would request the other logan owners too chip in with their opinions and comments.
Old 23rd September 2008, 15:07   #142
BHPian

Congrats for the car and for sharing really honest and practicle views!

After reading your thread I must say my interest in a Logan has increased.
Old 24th September 2008, 18:17   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tMax View Post
Hi Ashutosh,
Now that your car has crossed 1 year, what is your opinion about the paint job? I am asking you because black is a specifically difficult color to maintain and it is very easy to notice any degradation of the gloss on a dark color. I am planning to go for logan, but having a small doubt. Most of the logans that I am seeing here in Hyderabad are the silver or white ones (private vehicles and not taxis). And on both the shades, the shine and gloss of a new car seems to be missing, and the cars appear to be very old. Have you noticed any such thing? I would request the other logan owners too chip in with their opinions and comments.
i think it all depends on how yoou maintain your car! my car.. it looks the same!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocop View Post
Congrats for the car and for sharing really honest and practicle views!

After reading your thread I must say my interest in a Logan has increased.
thanks man! glad to hear that my views were of some help!
Old 24th September 2008, 18:53   #144
tez
BHPian

hey ashutosh, did u manage to get the projector headlamps for logan
Old 24th September 2008, 19:12   #145
Senior - BHPian

well... can't find time to go to mumbai. don't want to get them delivered. and we don't have them in delhi! :(
Old 4th December 2008, 02:56   #146
Senior - BHPian

24k report

24k and more than one and a half year later.. i am still happy that I made this decision! Following is some info/thoughts/feedback I wanted to share.

The things I love about my car:
- Comfort: Even after I have put 55 profile tyres, the ride is still great! It still swallows bumps like anything. Though I miss the cushion it had on the stock tyres, but I love the grip the new tyres offer. I like the seating position. The front seats are comfy. Cushioning on the rear seats could have been better. But, i think, in order to make three passengers sit in comfort, they have made the rear seat flat.
- Space: The thing it has bucket loads of. With me being 6+ and on the heavier side, the width is a boon. Plus the boot is quite big as well, so on occasionary trips to the airport are not a headache anymore.

The thing I hate about my car:
- Cheap interiors: It doesn't feel like you have spent 5+ lakhs. And it is only the quality of interiors, they look and feel cheap. Would have appreciated if the car had come with better interiors. Otherwise the car feels solid. No parts hanging loose, no switch malfunctioning.

Lets talk about other things... Now that, I have lived day in day out with this car for close to two years, let me give you a comprehensive feedback on:
-FE: Lets start with the most important thing for us Indians.. the fuel economy. The best I have got in city is 16.71kpl, which I got this month. A/C off, sedate and conscious driving and my FE figures go in the petrol hatchback territory. In the summers, with A/C on I get anywhere between 12-13 kpl. On highways, it hovers between 14-16kpl, and that too depends on the speed I have been maintaining. I am sure if I drive sedately on the highways, I will cross the 20kpl figure.

-POWER/PICKUP: Completely satisfied with the power I get. Overtaking is a breeze and I can maintain my pace with most of the C segment cars, city or highway. And it does pull till 6k rpm. When in the mood, I have taken from 40 to 120 in third gear and it does feel exciting!

-RIDE/ HANDLING: 'Cushion' is the only word I can think of. Even the automags appreciate this quality of this car. Even after being a basic setup, no car in the same segment can beat the ride quality this car offers. About handling, if you want more.. just dump those stock tyres. Get better rubber and you will not regret it.

-A.S.S. (After Sales and Service): Completely satisfied with the service I get. They are prompt, deliver the car on time. Do what they are told to do. Till date, many services later, I have got the car on time, the staff is courteous, no soiled seats, door pads. Spares are always in stock. I have got my headlamps changed twice (thanks to the 'donkeys' driving on our roads), they were readily available. The headlight is only 2k, which is not much considering the segment the car is on. After every service I get a call, and if I am not satisfied with the service, they can call in the car and do the job as per my satisfaction.

Suggestions to existing owners:
- Switch to better tyres, the steering will be considerably lighter and grip much better. FE will not be affected much.
- Stick to RPM guidelines i.e. below 2-2.5k. You will get the best FE. To gain speed, don't press the pedal completely.
Press a little, let the car reach the optimum rpm and then change the gear. Best cruising speed is 80kph on 5th gear.
- For GLE owners, a four window power windows kit is around 9k and central locking-security system is anywhere b/w 2.5l-5k.

Suggestions to prospective owners:
- Opt for the top end variant, if your wallet allows. You'll get a lot of kit for the extra money you will be paying. And things like ABS or Airbags can not be fitted in the aftermarket.

Suggestions for Mahindra-Renault:
- I think you guys must be knowing by now that a majority of prospective owners just turn away by taking a look at the interiors. So, you need to get the new interiors, which are already available everywhere else in the world, ASAP.
- The paint quality of the bumpers is pathetic. Even the older Tata Indica has better paint finish. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!
- The GLE variants do not have rear seat headrests. HEADRESTS ARE NOT A LUXURY FEATURE, but a mandatory safety feature. Above that the rear seats do not have any clips, so I can not even buy the headrests and fit them in. HOW INTELLIGENT of you!
- I think now you get remote boot release as standard. I paid 500 bucks for it, which I do not mind now. But omitting it was an act of foolishness.
- Most of the Logan owners are the ones who have upgraded from a hatchback, so they can still gulp down a few omittances. But, do not expect a Honda City or Ford Fiesta buyer to take a look at your product unless you make some changes.

I will also post a pictorial review in the thread soon. Also, if I have left anything, feel free to ask.
Old 7th December 2008, 20:25   #147
BHPian

Hi Ashu,

Nice review. Will give a lot of confidence to prospective logan buyers.

The rear headrests now come as standard in all models, including the GLE and DLE - that's the New Collection Logan.

Let me also add that after one and half month & 2.5 k km ownership of Logan I am also a pretty satisfied Logan owner now.

I have a couple of questions for you.

1. Do you remember whether engine oil change was done during your first service? In my case the service adviser told me that it is not scheduled during the first service and due only on 2nd service @ 6 months. However when I told him to go ahead with the oil change he did it.

2. How much you are paying for the oil filters? Though the logan website shows it as Rs. 92, but they took Rs. 245 from me for that. Can you please confirm from your service bills?

3. Does the car vibrate a little bit more for a minute or so in the morning, when you start her up for the first time in the day, with a cold engine?
Old 19th December 2008, 16:02   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tMax View Post
Nice review. Will give a lot of confidence to prospective logan buyers.
thanks buddy!

Quote:
1. Do you remember whether engine oil change was done during your first service? In my case the service adviser told me that it is not scheduled during the first service and due only on 2nd service @ 6 months. However when I told him to go ahead with the oil change he did it.
2. How much you are paying for the oil filters? Though the logan website shows it as Rs. 92, but they took Rs. 245 from me for that. Can you please confirm from your service bills?
i will have to check, i will let you know.

Quote:
3. Does the car vibrate a little bit more for a minute or so in the morning, when you start her up for the first time in the day, with a cold engine?
no it doesn't vibrate more. maybe you are talking about the revs. the revs will, obviously, higher when the engine is cold. it will settle down once the engine reaches its optimum temperature.
Old 19th December 2008, 16:03   #149
Senior - BHPian

mods, can you please update the threat title to 24k review.
Old 15th January 2009, 23:52   #150
Senior - BHPian

So added one more thing to the kitty. Projector headlamps, which I wished for long!

More details on this post: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post1131904

Also, did a DIY with the centre console. Painted it black.
The GLE came with black ac vents, black gear lever. So I took it to another step.. with black seat covers, black leather steering cover, black centre console and the black renault logo on the steering lever! IMHO a good black-beige combo.

Pics:
Attached Thumbnails
Logan 1.4 1500km report EDIT: now 40,000 kms-img710.jpg  

Logan 1.4 1500km report EDIT: now 40,000 kms-img711.jpg  

Logan 1.4 1500km report EDIT: now 40,000 kms-img721.jpg  

Logan 1.4 1500km report EDIT: now 40,000 kms-img727.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks