Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2007, 11:46   #31
Senior - BHPian

Mods Please update the report to 5000Kms.
1. The fuel consumption is constant between 15.5 to 16.5 in city driving even with turbojet jet and xtramile diesels.
2. There is a constant nagging squeaking noise from the rear seat where the back rest is held onto the body.
3. There is an audible thunk from the left rear (not sure if tis from underneath the body or from the boot) whenever there is a sudden application of brakes or when the vehicle is suddenly accelerated.
Will go to the service station soon to get these rectified.
Apart from the above the vehicle is going just fine and I am loving the spurts of acceleration this engine is capable of on highways. The handling is good and only once did I experience wheels locking up while braking but then it was around 120 kmph and very sudden.
Rest it is going on fine.
Old 7th January 2008, 16:59   #32
Senior - BHPian

Recently about 3 days back a funny noise is coming from the engine. A shsunshun kinda noise is there when I start the everytime. Once the car has been on for sometime it goes and the engine runs smoother. What could be the reason? Haven't got the time to take it to the TATA dealership as yet. Please help.
Old 16th January 2008, 14:54   #33
Senior - BHPian

Just got my Marina back after 2 days at the workshop. The guys say that the DICOR engines had been fitted initially with the TDI engine gaskets and belts which have given way, therefore, now they are being retrofitted with new fan belts and gaskets. They have done that on mine and now most of the noises have gone but what remains to be seen is how well these retrofitments work.
Old 16th January 2008, 16:31   #34
Team-BHP Support

For the rear thud check the rear windshield glass. Thats a weak point in Indigo and can get loosened.
Try pushing it lightly with your hand. If it moves a little in either direction, thats the culprit.
Old 16th January 2008, 17:01   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
2. There is a constant nagging squeaking noise from the rear seat where the back rest is held onto the body.
tell the service guys to wrap the small iron knob/pin of seat(that goes into lock) into tape,it will fix the issue.
Old 16th January 2008, 18:16   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Just got my Marina back after 2 days at the workshop. The guys say that the DICOR engines had been fitted initially with the TDI engine gaskets and belts which have given way, therefore, now they are being retrofitted with new fan belts and gaskets. They have done that on mine and now most of the noises have gone but what remains to be seen is how well these retrofitments work.
Nice report. The FE is good specially for someone living in Delhi.

Did they changed the belts for free ?
Old 7th February 2008, 08:52   #37
Senior - BHPian

nice report. How much mileage do you get on higways. I guess the INdica Dicor has the same engine. But they claim around 25km/l!!!
Old 10th February 2008, 13:03   #38
Senior - BHPian

any updates? Looking forward to hear from you. Give me a few negetives of the DiCOR engine.
Old 11th February 2008, 16:58   #39
Senior - BHPian

Hi Gemi

> How much mileage do you get on higways. I guess the INdica Dicor has the
> same engine. But they claim around 25km/l!!!

My TCIC Marina LS has given me 21.91kpl (alone with AC) in the Hosur - Bhavani stretch. Alleppey to Erode (driver alone) 19.19kpl, Erode to Alleppey (driver + 2) 18.83kpl, with AC.

Similar runs in my old Indica DLE have yielded 20.2 and 22.1 respectively.
Old 11th February 2008, 22:18   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi Gemi

> How much mileage do you get on higways. I guess the INdica Dicor has the
> same engine. But they claim around 25km/l!!!

My TCIC Marina LS has given me 21.91kpl (alone with AC) in the Hosur - Bhavani stretch. Alleppey to Erode (driver alone) 19.19kpl, Erode to Alleppey (driver + 2) 18.83kpl, with AC.

Similar runs in my old Indica DLE have yielded 20.2 and 22.1 respectively.
So do you think this FE figures claimed could be true. Showroom guys say that they guarantee 20 in city since they are getting 24 within city when they did F.E test Drive.
Old 11th February 2008, 23:37   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Give me a few negetives of the DiCOR engine.
well, for one , the Dicor wants purer diesel. there is a far more complex filtration system in place. Its a problem common to all common rails. the ordinary TCIC isnt that choosy about what it drinks

when the DiCOR was launched ( marina/indigo) , people avoided it because they didnt want to be tata's beta testers , but now, hopefully, all that has been ironed out !
Old 18th February 2008, 12:51   #42
Senior - BHPian

sorry guys for being out of the wind for so long. Yups the tape has fixed the squeaking issue for now but despite changing the belt kit (yes it was done FOC) but the noise has returned back again though it is still mild. Am thinking of going back to the service cntre and giving them hell.
On highways dicor is giving me around 18-19 for now. Am planing a real long road trip this summer and am hopeful will get to know the true potential then.
Yups I have heard that tdi is giving pretty impressive FE figures, why? i dunno..lolz.
Old 19th February 2008, 10:36   #43
Senior - BHPian

Guys the digital clock on my dash has gone kaput. Any idea as to what might be wrong? Dont want to go to a service centre if all it involves is might be a blown fuse (if it has one). Please advise. Also does someone know how to open the console of this car (Indigo/Marina)?
Old 19th February 2008, 20:36   #44
Senior - BHPian

Hi wanderernomad,

> Guys the digital clock on my dash has gone kaput. Any idea as to what might > be wrong? Dont want to go to a service centre if all it involves is might be a
> blown fuse (if it has one).

The following are the fuses to check counting from the left:

06. Music System + Clock + Inst. Cluster - 15A
08. Rev. Lamp + Clock + Mobile Charger - 20A

> Also does someone know how to open the console of this car (Indigo/Marina)?

It is below the dashboard and almost to the right end behind the steering.

Take a look at the following message:

Yahoo! Groups
Old 19th February 2008, 20:38   #45
Senior - BHPian

Hi gemi,

> So do you think this FE figures claimed could be true. Showroom guys say that > they guarantee 20 in city since they are getting 24 within city when they did > F.E test Drive.

I expect it to give at last the Indica numbers that I have posted. Getting good mileage in our tows and highways is a dicey thing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks