Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2011, 01:55   #121
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata Indigo Marina Dicor LX. EDIT: Now completed 80,000 kms

I saw your nov update only now, but am posting in case you need this in the future. the mirror is available as a tata genuine part in the market. I got one for my indica. find the bill including part no here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...pares-img2.jpg

and its best that you stick to OEM fogs. Cheap aftermarket fogs have crappy reflectors, holders, and the throw is useless
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2011, 11:11   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
The car is now due for the 30,000 Kms service. Yesterday went for attending a marriage at Merrut. Horrible roads and even worse traffic. While returning back I noticed that the lamp indicator for "water in Fuel" came on. But since I ahve had a similar issue before as well and it was traced to the damaged electrical cable to the sensor, I was not overtly worried. But then I noticed that on stoppages the rpm would go upto 1300 -1400(Idle) and the moment I started off in gear they would return back to normal but again go up if the car was left to idle for about a minute or so. It was the same noise that you used to get in olden cars when the accelerator cable got stuck. After it happened 6 7 times I decieded to have a look. Plus the rpms would not go beyond 4000 and the acceleration felt laboured.
The entire plug had come loose from the filter. I reattached it and thereafter the car was running normal.Now its due for 30,000 km service and I would get it done this week.

Mods: Please edit the title to 30,000 Kms please.
Hello wanderernomad , I face the "Water-in-Fuel" indicator problem very frequently in my marina dicor purchased almost same time as yours(2007). Everytime I take it to a TASC, they try to drain the water from "Sedimeter" component and/or try to fix the sensor cable & plug. Once I had an issue when a big piece of rock stuck beneath my car. Had to shed some sweat to get that thing out. Incidentally the indicator problem surfaced after few days of that incident. So I assumed that the rock might have damaged the wiring, as the sedimeter unit is placed quite low.

Did you get a permanent solution or is it recurring pretty often ? I am sick of having to push the brake pedal while idling in a traffic in order to keep the rpm within the normal idling range (~900).

The other niggling issue are the belts. Almost every 5k kms, one or the other starts squeaking and I have to change them. What is your experience? This time I am trying Bosch instead of tata. The local Bosch dealer is useless but the hunt is on.
Old 18th July 2011, 09:53   #123
Senior - BHPian

The constant recurring water in fuel sedimenter light is due the loose sensor plug. Yes I got the entire wiring harness and the plug replaced and now there is no issue. But mind you that entire thing is costly. Around 4K I think. Best is get the coupler and the harness out. take it to an expert electrician (Not necessarily an auto electrician) and get the wires soldered if they are loose or get a thick tape wound firmly over the coupler and the plug after you ahve firmly pushed it in.
Yes belts are a constant niggling source. Let me know if the BOSCH ones are any better once you have tried them out.

Mods could you please change the Title to "....now completed 50K Kms".
wanderernomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2011, 23:15   #124

Thanks Wanderernomad for the info. Meanwhile I was looking for some opinions outside of tata service network. After a little research, decided to head for Carnation Auto service station nearby. Needed to change the belt urgently. They took the vehicle for a test drive. The guy who took the car out, said that all early dicor models have design problems, becuase of which the belts get worn out so fast. Tata has fixed it in the latest dicor incarnation, which is I believe CR4. It has nothing to do with the quality of belt. Bosch belts are really rare thing in the market it seems. They replaced with a Fenner make. You can see the Fenner products here . I'll post the longevity but for that I need to make atleast 5K km, to give a fair judgement.

Didn't have time to fix the Sedimeter stuff. Planning to make another visit soon.
Old 27th July 2011, 19:28   #125
Senior - BHPian

It seems the issues never end. The car went for the 50K service two days back. TASS said the timing belt needs to be changed. They changed the timing belt, belt tensioners and the water body. Perfect the car comes back home, only it wont start the next morning!! Call up TASS they send a chap over, who looks over and finally starts it with some petrol. Says the injectors are blocked. I doubt what he says. Once started it runs fine. Only issue is that subsequent starts take a very long self to crank. I would say it takes about a 6 to 8 sec crank to start the motor. Right now they are not offering any solution rather than asking me to get the nozzles cleaned from outside as they cannot clean them in their workshop!! Imagine that. But now am running the car at around 2K rpm only as a precaution till the issue gets solved.
Help Guys.

Last edited by wanderernomad : 27th July 2011 at 19:31.
Old 27th July 2011, 21:12   #126
Senior - BHPian

look for a lucas tvs service center. ask the tasc guys or any tata mech. else you may have to settle for some pump mechanic
Old 27th July 2011, 21:16   #127
Senior - BHPian

OK will search for one but what could be the problem here?
Old 27th July 2011, 21:41   #128
Senior - BHPian

Indigo Dicor: Car refuses to start after the 50K service.

My 2007 Indigo Marina LX Dicor went for the routine 50 K service to the Tata workshop at Solan. They replace the timing belt, belt tensionser and the water body. The car is returned and is driven 30 odd kms back to home by the driver. But next day the car wont start! A mechanic from the workshop comes to inspect and after numerous tries gets the car started with the help of some petrol. The car is driven and then the engine is switched off. When cranked again the car is taking about 6-8 sec of crank to start. The rpm etc are absolutely normal. But it wont start in the mornings. They at first change one of the heater plugs but it doesnt help. The mechanic tells us to get the injectors cleaned from outside as they cannot do it in the workshop. But I suspect his clogged injector theory. Now they have asked for the car to be given to them overnight so that they can try to start the car in the morning and diagnose what could have gone wrong.
Guys help. I am afraid that if they have fouled up the timings it might cause some major engine damage as during the 40K service while changing the gear oil they left some screw loose thereby resulting in three of my gears to be replaced @ 48K. I am afraid of incompetency ruining my car again.

Last edited by wanderernomad : 27th July 2011 at 22:03.
Old 27th July 2011, 21:59   #129
BHPian

Re: Indigo Dicor: Car refuses to start after the 50K service.

Hi I have a 07 dicor lx indigo numerous problems , suspension problems belt problems and rpm shows at 250 when starting the car and then after raising it then goes to 800 , even when driving regularly rpm suddenly drops to 500 , incompetent and indifferent service , I should know because I am owning a maruti from 1996 no problems there . My dicor has done 38k kms.
Old 27th July 2011, 22:05   #130
Senior - BHPian

I ahve not had any major issues except frequent belt changes till about 45K mark. But since then its always one issue or the another but so far I think the issues have been more because of the incompetence of the guys at the workshop than any issue with the car itself unless this particular one surprises me all together.
Old 27th July 2011, 22:12   #131
BHPian

Tata ruins a fairly good and very practical car by bad service and maruti makes a fairly ordinary car good by great service . Did I mention that sometimes when it rains not always , water collects near the space behind the front driver seat , I have accepted the fact that now my car idles at 350 rpm .
Old 27th July 2011, 22:58   #132
BANNED

The problem seems to be wrong timing, while they installing new timing belt, they might have missed the exact timing position.
Old 28th July 2011, 04:45   #133
BHPian

I used to always wonder where are these Indigos dissappearing. I guess they are lying more in the service Centres. Indigo was one such concept (sedan similar to hatch) ...something that was followed later on by other manufacturers (swift dzire..etc)
Indigo XL & CS, another innovation, but hardly seen on roads of Mumbai (CS nowadays is seen more) I guess now I got my answer why people dont prefer inspite of so many offers.

Manzas newest commercial shows japanese men inspecting a manza @ a factory
and the tagline says 'what other cars want to be' (indirectly showing Japanese manufacturers suzuki ..toyota..etc) So much self admiration
Old 28th July 2011, 09:56   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
I am afraid that if they have fouled up the timings it might cause some major engine damage...
Quite likely to have messed up the timing - especially since you did not report starting issues before the TB change. Damage is also likely to occur when petrol is used to start up the car. May be justified to have an independent garage familiar with DiCOR engines check out the car, instead of depending on TASS.
Old 28th July 2011, 10:03   #135
Senior - BHPian

Faulty injectors also cause the problem but then the car would have erratic idling, low pick-up, low mileage, rough engine...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks