Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2014, 15:47   #196
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Indigo Marina Dicor LX. EDIT: Now completed 80,000 kms

Man that is gross.

And whats that black Dabba about. Remindes me of those Kerosene oil canisters. Maybe this Marina drinks Kerosene oil and not diesel.
Old 10th June 2014, 13:15   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinih75 View Post
A month ago I had taken my ride to my home town in Kerala. Here are some snaps where you can see I am utilizing this car to its good capacity. In couple of shots you can see my kids chilling out as well. We infact made a "probably not what all consider best in class" crib within the car where my 2nd kid was sleeping while my wife and 1st kid was also asleep in the back seat. I couldn't click the pictures as camera phone was with wife who was deep asleep. Will try and take few snaps of that in the next trip.
Hi,Although your post is old, i chose to reply. I had a Marina LX till 2009 end and changed over to Fiat Linea at 38000 km. We enjoyed the long drives on Marina due to the seat height, good leg room and boot space. We did not bother about pseudo brand image or pick up or mileage. Our pet dog also liked it because we used take it out on few rides. The moment we open any door, including the rear hatch, he will climb in and occupy the driver's seat and give that "I am the boss" look. Yes, we loved that car and the memories. Thanks for the nice pix of the kids...cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Today saw a modified Marina. I don't know if it belongs to the whacky and weird modified thread. I don't know why would someone remove the hard roof and put a canvas and enclose the main cabin. Might have as well bought a sedan.
Hmm......Nagaland registration...modifications include additional fuel cans, spare wheel mounted on the hatch and the soft cover...Jeep style...My guess is the owner could be an Army Officer, modified to look like an off roader. Might have used it also that way on long mountain road trips.

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Indigo Marina Dicor LX. The fun continues beyond 1,00,000 kms!-dsc00123.jpg  

Tata Indigo Marina Dicor LX. The fun continues beyond 1,00,000 kms!-dsc00124.jpg  

Last edited by moralfibre : 9th July 2014 at 09:17. Reason: Back to back posts.
alavandar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th June 2014, 14:05   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alavandar View Post
My guess is the owner could be an Army Officer, modified to look like an off roader. Might have used it also that way on long mountain road trips.
No the owner is a local civilian guy and he got the work done at Mokukchung. Craftmanship was good and he informed that there are no leakage issues due to the soft top. But IMHO it took away the practicality of the Marina.
wanderernomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2014, 16:01   #199
BHPian

Quote:
But IMHO it took away the practicality of the Marina.
I agree. Also, what has he done on the front? The changes are decorative or functional???
Old 10th June 2014, 23:30   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alavandar View Post
I agree. Also, what has he done on the front? The changes are decorative or functional???
The air dam feeds the intercooler. Apart from that I doubt the functional use of the small aux lights.
Old 8th July 2014, 22:29   #201
BHPian

My post after a long gap. Had been to the UK on a work trip in between. Recently a few weeks ago took my ride with family to Chennai. Due to some issue in the setting of the vent to heat, I thought the AC had died on me. But this weekend I got the direction knob fixed (cable had given away) and its back to its old ice box kind of cold air delivery mode.

During a stretch of the Blr-Chennai road I could easily push her to 110kmph and no issues. I was a bit carried away, but eventually I didnt want to mess with it and so did a constant 80-90kmph.

With my carpool partner having changed his job, I am back to riding my car every day about 80-85kms. With this my Marina is about to touch 1.2L kms and this would happen by end of this month I suppose. Considering this milestone I am thinking of fitting in leather seats from Karlsson Bangalore. The initial estimate is about INR 38k. He said looking at the car he can give me a more confirmed quote. I am planning to get this checked on Saturday. Also, along with it some AV setup for my kids - 2 monitors and if possible with separate input and headsets.

I recently had a wild idea of trading in this beauty with an Innova or Elantra. No one seems to give a quote above 1.2L, so I decided to not sell it.

Anyway, so far so good. By any chance does anyone have a situation where the AC unit inside the car (in the passenger foot well) gets condensation? I want to get this checked out. I kind of use it to chill the food/drinks now while on long drive!

Last edited by srinih75 : 8th July 2014 at 22:34. Reason: Added some more details
Old 8th July 2014, 23:31   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinih75 View Post
My post after a long gap. Had been to the UK on a work trip in between. Recently a few weeks ago took my ride with family to Chennai. Due to some issue in the setting of the vent to heat, I thought the AC had died on me. But this weekend I got the direction knob fixed (cable had given away) and its back to its old ice box kind of cold air delivery mode.

During a stretch of the Blr-Chennai road I could easily push her to 110kmph and no issues. I was a bit carried away, but eventually I didnt want to mess with it and so did a constant 80-90kmph.

With my carpool partner having changed his job, I am back to riding my car every day about 80-85kms. With this my Marina is about to touch 1.2L kms and this would happen by end of this month I suppose. Considering this milestone I am thinking of fitting in leather seats from Karlsson Bangalore. The initial estimate is about INR 38k. He said looking at the car he can give me a more confirmed quote. I am planning to get this checked on Saturday. Also, along with it some AV setup for my kids - 2 monitors and if possible with separate input and headsets.

I recently had a wild idea of trading in this beauty with an Innova or Elantra. No one seems to give a quote above 1.2L, so I decided to not sell it.

Anyway, so far so good. By any chance does anyone have a situation where the AC unit inside the car (in the passenger foot well) gets condensation? I want to get this checked out. I kind of use it to chill the food/drinks now while on long drive!
What exactly do you mean? I have a setup where the foot well vent is used to direct the cold air into the glove box, which serves as a chiller for water and cold drinks on long drives. The details of the set up are here on the forum.
But if you mean you have water leaking into the passenger foot well, its a simple DIY. Look beneath the dash and there is a housing between the blower unit and cooling coil. The rubber gasket between them is either torn or you have a few loose screws there. Under the DIY thread, there is a complete dissection of my marina's AC system along with all parts marked. Go through it for a correct diagnosis.

Last edited by wanderernomad : 8th July 2014 at 23:34.
wanderernomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2014, 22:02   #203
BHPian

There is a portion of the plastic housing next to the blower thing which becomes super cold and begins to accumulate condensation. It doesn't bother anyone so far so have left it. Btw, I checked the DIY pages, phew!! I don't think I am bold enough to do that much of work myself! I am sure by the time I close the dashboard couple of items will remain outside!

Have you see anyone replace the seats in the Marina with the ones in XL? I have tried to talk the TASS folks into getting me those seats, they insist it cannot be placed. Is it true?
Old 11th July 2014, 23:28   #204
Senior - BHPian

Maybe because the seat movement is restricted in the marina due to the rear shocker mounts. But why do you want to change the seats? Front ones can be replaced easily though.
Old 10th October 2014, 09:12   #205
Senior - BHPian

During the pooja holidays the Marina went for a longish trip to Guwahati, Shillong, Cherrapunji, Mawlenynong and back to Jorhat. The car was fully loaded with 04 adults and 2 kids and lots of baggage. For quite some time I had noticed that during non ac running the temperature gauge will not show any temperature. However, during this trip it started recording the same and once the car even started heating up while going up hill to Shillong. The moment I switched off the AC and let go off the gas pedal the temp immediately lowered and then stayed within the normal parameters. Also the check engine light came on twice and on restarting the engine it each time it went away. However, about 20 kms short of shilling the engine note changed and it was a heavy sucking laboured kind of noise though the check engine light remained off. Checked upon reaching that the air intake hose has cracked near the clamp on the engine manifold.
Upon return gave the car for refixing the air hose and also asked them to check my cooling system. Everything was fine except that the main radiator fan was not working. Told them to change and at the time of billing I realised that the fan costs 7250/-. The entire bill came to 9900, the details are as follows:
279750100128 Assy Integral Hose IA 370
G62123055123 Fuse 40A 20
279050100209 Assy Shroud with fan & Motor 7250
AC Gas recharging @ 300 /100 gm 900
Wheel Ballancing 371.20
Front caliper greasing 196
Fan fitment 476.

after tax 279 discount on labour 253 and discount on parts 362 the net bill came to 9900.

However, the TASS said that they were unable to do alignment on the front right wheel. What could be the reason?
Here are a few pics of the car on the trip and the broken hose pipe.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Indigo Marina Dicor LX. The fun continues beyond 1,00,000 kms!-camerazoom20141005095258746.jpg  

Tata Indigo Marina Dicor LX. The fun continues beyond 1,00,000 kms!-camerazoom20141005095344939.jpg  

Tata Indigo Marina Dicor LX. The fun continues beyond 1,00,000 kms!-camerazoom20141005165800690.jpg  

Old 24th October 2014, 19:33   #206
Senior - BHPian

The temperature gauge issue is still not resolved. I wonder if they (TASS) really diagnosed the fault or merely replaced the most costly of the parts. I think ill get the fan checked outside now and if the old one is working I'll go back and give TASS hell.
Another issue is that the right alignment cannot be done and TASS wants to change the shocker. Could it be really true that a bad front shocker can make matching the alignment impossible?
Old 9th November 2014, 22:03   #207
Senior - BHPian

Today while washing I realised that the water run off from the engine bay had coolant in it! Checked the overflow reservoir and the radiator feeder hose but could find no leaks. From where am I loosing the coolant that in a stationary car the coolant runs off with the water from washing the engine bay?
Old 26th December 2014, 10:59   #208
BHPian

Quote:
However, the TASS said that they were unable to do alignment on the front right wheel. What could be the reason?
Here are a few pics of the car on the trip and the broken hose pipe.
Even if they do, it is many times ineffective. I will recommend going to a tier dealer who will do a wonderful job. I did it at Shiva's at Bangalore - Bridgestone dealer and after 18 months of use no uneven wear and all buttons still good as new.
Old 26th December 2014, 11:02   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Under the DIY thread, there is a complete dissection of my marina's AC system along with all parts marked. Go through it for a correct diagnosis.
Thanks a lot. I found that my direction knob was set to hot and so the trouble. The cable had broken and I manually set it to cold!
Old 26th December 2014, 11:11   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The temperature gauge issue is still not resolved. I wonder if they (TASS) really diagnosed the fault or merely replaced the most costly of the parts. I think ill get the fan checked outside now and if the old one is working I'll go back and give TASS hell.
Another issue is that the right alignment cannot be done and TASS wants to change the shocker. Could it be really true that a bad front shocker can make matching the alignment impossible?
Well, I don't know what your service station means by 'bad alignment' ? Is it a bent strut ? or can't do alignment because the tie rod end is jammed? Please ask them to clarify why they can't do an alignment, will give a clear picture

Quote:
Today while washing I realised that the water run off from the engine bay had coolant in it! Checked the overflow reservoir and the radiator feeder hose but could find no leaks. From where am I loosing the coolant that in a stationary car the coolant runs off with the water from washing the engine bay?
Well, the leak could be very minute and maybe its visible only under pressure when the engine is running. Let the service station diagnose it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks