Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2013, 22:41   #166
BHPian

re: Tata Indigo Marina Dicor LX. EDIT: Now completed 80,000 kms

Well, great to know wanderernomad that you have completed 70k on your Marina!. Meanwhile I would like to share that I just crossed 1lakh two weeks ago, but guess what not sure if someone's "Nazar Lag gaya" or what.. a BMTC bus came and hit me from behind - that too when I was at the traffic signal.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Indigo Marina Dicor LX. The fun continues beyond 1,00,000 kms!-marina-1lakh-odo.jpg  

Tata Indigo Marina Dicor LX. The fun continues beyond 1,00,000 kms!-marina-hit-.jpg  

Tata Indigo Marina Dicor LX. The fun continues beyond 1,00,000 kms!-marina-hit-b.jpg  

Tata Indigo Marina Dicor LX. The fun continues beyond 1,00,000 kms!-marina-hit-c.jpg  

Last edited by srinih75 : 2nd April 2013 at 22:43. Reason: Corrected kms of wandernomad
Old 2nd April 2013, 22:52   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
What issues did you face or are facing?
There were three main problems

1) The o-ring on three of the injectors, they kept failing and causing compression leakage. One of them even had a minor pin hole due to some burn out of the engine block. The folks in TASS (CMIL) had put some weld and got it resolved.
2) The diesel sedimenter kept failing and had to get it replaced during my 60k service after which it is doing good
3) One of the connections which talks to the ECU when I press the clutch (TASS guy said its some connection to the microprocessor which controlled the throttle and some EURO-4 thing had some problem, where when I pressed the clutch my engine will shut down.

Well, with all these problems resolved over the last 6 years, I am having a good ride. I get about 23/24 on the highway when I drive to Kerala. In city I get about 12/13, average I get about 16/17 when I drive to work via NICE road - 25kms and 15kms of city traffic.

Last edited by srinih75 : 2nd April 2013 at 22:57. Reason: fixed qoute
Old 3rd April 2013, 19:36   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinih75 View Post
2) The diesel sedimenter kept failing and had to get it replaced during my 60k service after which it is doing good

Well, with all these problems resolved over the last 6 years, I am having a good ride. I get about 23/24 on the highway when I drive to Kerala. In city I get about 12/13, average I get about 16/17 when I drive to work via NICE road - 25kms and 15kms of city traffic.
Thats a bad hit but then you cannot cover for every ones's mistakes on our roads. Its encouraging to see your car crossing the 100K mark. The niggles on tata vehicles is a common story. When you say the diesel sedimenter kept failing what exactly do you mean? What were the indications?

I get about 14-18 kmpl on an average with a mix of highway and city driving.
Old 12th May 2013, 21:10   #169
Senior - BHPian

About a week back the car completed a journey of 2750 kms from Mohali to Jorhat with 3 adults, 2 kids and a whole lot of luggage. It held good and steady and the entire journey was done in 4 days with lots of sightseeing en route. Some random picture coming up here and a detailed trip photo log soon. The car has meanwhile completed 75000 kms till now. Shall post the 70000 km service bill details as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Thanks for sharing, Curious about both the additions - What's the need for blackout lights, and some pictures of the washer arrangement. Please do add when you have time
Sorry mate I missed your post somehow. Pictures coming up soon. Washer arrangement was needed due to the light glass getting dirty during wet conditions. Though still has scope for improvement but does a reasonable job as of now of keeping the lens clean without needing to step out and clean it manually. It operates with the front wind shield washer switch and operates simultaneously. Black out lights were installed because... well ...... Will post when I can think of a reason without sounding loco.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd May 2013 at 11:35. Reason: Merging back to back posts
wanderernomad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2013, 23:18   #170
Senior - BHPian

Recently the Marina covered about 2800 kms across the country from the Hills of Himachal to the Brahmaputra valley in Assam. Here are some of the pictures depicting the journey.

The Marina is being put to good use with weekend picnics to the surrounding places. The roads are not very good but the Marina is coping with everything with aplomb. Also the odo now reads 74500 Kms.

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Indigo Marina Dicor LX. The fun continues beyond 1,00,000 kms!-barog-height.jpg  

Tata Indigo Marina Dicor LX. The fun continues beyond 1,00,000 kms!-barog-snow.jpg  

Tata Indigo Marina Dicor LX. The fun continues beyond 1,00,000 kms!-barog.jpg  

Tata Indigo Marina Dicor LX. The fun continues beyond 1,00,000 kms!-banaras.jpg  

Tata Indigo Marina Dicor LX. The fun continues beyond 1,00,000 kms!-mohania-bihar.jpg  

Tata Indigo Marina Dicor LX. The fun continues beyond 1,00,000 kms!-rajgir-bihar.jpg  

Tata Indigo Marina Dicor LX. The fun continues beyond 1,00,000 kms!-beyond-hasimara.jpg  

Tata Indigo Marina Dicor LX. The fun continues beyond 1,00,000 kms!-wbassam-border.jpg  

Tata Indigo Marina Dicor LX. The fun continues beyond 1,00,000 kms!-nimati-ghat-assam.jpg  

Tata Indigo Marina Dicor LX. The fun continues beyond 1,00,000 kms!-jorhat-assam.jpg  

Tata Indigo Marina Dicor LX. The fun continues beyond 1,00,000 kms!-no.-2-spur-nimati.jpg  

Tata Indigo Marina Dicor LX. The fun continues beyond 1,00,000 kms!-no.2-spur.jpg  

Tata Indigo Marina Dicor LX. The fun continues beyond 1,00,000 kms!-peace.jpg  

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 21st May 2013 at 07:20.
wanderernomad is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2013, 15:32   #171
Senior - BHPian

Have bought 100W H7 bulbs from dx to cope up with low illumination of the stock bulbs. Got them today. Shall fix them tonight or tomorrow and try and post the pre and post pictures of the illumination. The box says 6000k 12V, 30% UV (now what does this mean) ?
Old 3rd September 2013, 13:32   #172
BHPian

Quote:
About a week back the car completed a journey of 2750 kms from Mohali to Jorhat with 3 adults, 2 kids and a whole lot of luggage.
I find luggage carrier fitted on your car quite interesting. I suppose its a portable one and can be fitted on roof rails. I would like to get same kind of carrier fitted on my Chevy Beat too. Please share the details of carrier.
Old 3rd September 2013, 14:20   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topolino View Post
I find luggage carrier fitted on your car quite interesting. I suppose its a portable one and can be fitted on roof rails. I would like to get same kind of carrier fitted on my Chevy Beat too. Please share the details of carrier.
Well its a custom made self designed contraption. Its basically a canvas bag with a double bottom i.e. the frame is separated from the storage area by another layer of canvas in between. The bag is fully closed with the help of a zipper on three sides and there is an overhang of canvas to cover the zipper so that it does not show. The frame is made of 2 Alluminium hollow tubes and is held fast by 4 u bolts to the roof rail. in case of larger articles only this is used but when carrying smaller bags I use a light weight Alluminium sheet laid across the tubes. Shall try and post some detailed pictures.
wanderernomad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2013, 13:08   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Well its a custom made self designed contraption. Its basically a canvas bag with a double bottom i.e. the frame is separated from the storage area by another layer of canvas in between. The bag is fully closed with the help of a zipper on three sides and there is an overhang of canvas to cover the zipper so that it does not show. The frame is made of 2 Alluminium hollow tubes and is held fast by 4 u bolts to the roof rail. in case of larger articles only this is used but when carrying smaller bags I use a light weight Alluminium sheet laid across the tubes. Shall try and post some detailed pictures.
Please post detailed pictures. It will help me in designing the roof carrier.
Old 5th September 2013, 21:12   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topolino View Post
Please post detailed pictures. It will help me in designing the roof carrier.
This weekend you shall have the detailed pictures.

Meanwhile I got around to fiddling with the headlights as the OE were/ are just like a candle in the wind. Ordered some H7 100 W bulbs from dx to illuminate the road better on low beams. Here are the pictures. Also the pictures with the current lights on the Marina. The car pictures show the following:
1. Only the Parking Lights on, the roof LEDs also come on.
2. The Parking lights with the black out lights in tandem.
3. Only the black out lights.
4. The driveway illuminated with only the low beam (the new H7 100W bulbs)
5. The driveway with the low beams with the fog lamps.
6. The driveway with the full beam and fogs.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Indigo Marina Dicor LX. The fun continues beyond 1,00,000 kms!-dsc07820.jpg  

Tata Indigo Marina Dicor LX. The fun continues beyond 1,00,000 kms!-dsc07822.jpg  

Tata Indigo Marina Dicor LX. The fun continues beyond 1,00,000 kms!-dsc07823.jpg  

Tata Indigo Marina Dicor LX. The fun continues beyond 1,00,000 kms!-dsc07825.jpg  

Tata Indigo Marina Dicor LX. The fun continues beyond 1,00,000 kms!-dsc07826.jpg  

Tata Indigo Marina Dicor LX. The fun continues beyond 1,00,000 kms!-dsc07828.jpg  

Last edited by wanderernomad : 5th September 2013 at 21:25.
Old 29th September 2013, 23:01   #176
Senior - BHPian

Have gone back to stock bulbs as the battery died on me just a week into the new bulbs, the mechanic says the plates have gone hard even when the electrolyte is still there. Got the thing charged up again and reverted to the stock bulbs. Not sure if it was due to the bulbs but they were the only addition before which every thing was working good. If the battery discharges again within the week its time to replace. The battery is just about 17 months old Exide. Lets see.
Old 6th October 2013, 22:59   #177
BHPian

Quote:
When you say the diesel sedimenter kept failing what exactly do you mean? What were the indications?
Sorry for the late reply, haven't been able to make time for anything other than taking care of office work these days!

The two major indicators are
1) Your engine will begin to raise itself - ofcourse you will see one of the indicators glow on your console. It will be like a funnel kind of thing on left bottom side.
2) The second major thing is car will not raise beyond 2000 rpm and it will also not have sufficient pick up in 5th gear.

Typically the sedimentor is also situated on the fuel pump on the front left side behind the bumper. A loose connection can result in ECU misinterpreting it as a sedimentor issue. Anyway, mine was a failed part which I got it replaced at around 60k kms. Now its been fine for last 40k kms.

Three weeks ago I had taken my car to Kerala (First ever long drive in last 9 months after my 2nd daughter was born). It was her maiden interstate trip and long drive beyond city limits as well. She did well (didn't have any snaps taken as wife was busy taking of the two girls and I was busy driving!)

Anyway on the way back the rear right side power window motor failed and with help of a local mechanic got the window closed. Got this fixed and along with few other minor mechanical issues like door rattle, two bulbs, rear hatch dampers, engine mounting, fuel modulator replacement etc all cost me 10k!

The fuel modulator issue began as check engine light coming on and off. After about 1000kms with this check engine light coming on and off, the pickup of the engine completely went south. It would hardly move in 4th gear in any regular inline. Thats when I got it tested and replaced.

Once again, coming weekend I would be driving to Kerala, will try and take few snaps mid way and post it here.
srinih75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2013, 23:10   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinih75 View Post
Sorry for the late reply, haven't been able to make time for anything other than taking care of office work these days!

The two major indicators are
1) Your engine will begin to raise itself - ofcourse you will see one of the indicators glow on your console. It will be like a funnel kind of thing on left bottom side.
2) The second major thing is car will not raise beyond 2000 rpm and it will also not have sufficient pick up in 5th gear.

I suspected that much but do you know it could just have been a faulty sedimentary sensor. The peculiar way of the wires coming out of the sensor and the location makes the wires prone to cutting. But when you replaced the sedimentar did you change the wiring harness too? If you did well we would never know.
I am also going on a longish drive into Bhutan next weekend. Happy driving and be safe.
Old 6th October 2013, 23:18   #179
BHPian

Have a safe trip to Bhutan! I guess more pictures can be expected.

I didnt get the harness changed, the person in TASS said it would cost be about 13-15k as the entire wiring from ECU through into this should be replaced. I wasn't have an appetite for such a change now. He has put some duct-tape and glued it to the body so it doesn't get dragged through any bushes. Also I have installed a guard/shield to protect the front parts including radiator.

Meanwhile I had installed a tray table for the rear seat about 4 months ago. It cost me Rs 600 (bought through ebay). My elder one loves to eat her french fries on that! My wife uses the holders to keep the milk bottles etc. Pretty nifty thing. Will paste the pictures tomorrow (its sitting in my wife's car now).

I guess if you would share the roof carrier setup, I will try and to one myself and can get some room spared in my trunk for things like pram, a folding chair etc. In fact I had planned to take a foldable crib, but it was selling INR 15k and so dropped the purchase.
Old 6th October 2013, 23:42   #180
Senior - BHPian

Yes I am quite late on the rooftop carrier pictures. I have them clicked but not resized for uploading yet. Let me shake my lazy bum and try and post them tomorrow. your second one is still an infant so you are safe with the one table. I have two little rascals and therefore, I got two of them. One is a table kind of thing while the other one is a back seat organiser kind where the younger one likes to keep her colours and stuff for drawings enroute, lol.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks