Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2008, 20:34   #241
Senior - BHPian

It is possible to get tremendous mileage out of the 1.8 in our Civics as many hypermilers have demonstrated abroad. But it requires quite a lot of planning, calculations and control. The problem is that with our traffic system (or lack of it), we have plenty to worry about when driving and it really isn't practical in our cities.

Your mileage is very much possible, but difficult to achieve.
Old 6th December 2008, 09:48   #242
Senior - BHPian

After I had the puncture issues in my return from Goa in OCt 08, I had to drive at a sane speed of 70-80kmph from Harihar to bangalore. I saw the FE touching nearly 14+ on that drive.

Possible.
Old 6th December 2008, 10:00   #243
Sha
BHPian

My civic give me 14.5km/lt on higways with 100% AC on if the fuel is less adulterated if not it gives me 13.5km/lt. my civic has already done 57k and my fuel efficiency has not dropped so far.
Old 6th December 2008, 10:53   #244
Senior - BHPian

Sha, Have you changed your tires yet?
I was wondering at what km do Civic tires require changing.

Also your's seems to be the max mile car. Why don;t you post a detailed update on Part replacements and servicing costs?
Old 6th December 2008, 11:21   #245
Sha
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
Sha, Have you changed your tires yet?
I was wondering at what km do Civic tires require changing.

Also your's seems to be the max mile car. Why don;t you post a detailed update on Part replacements and servicing costs?
Its just today my civic completed 2 years. had changed tyres at 37k and upgraded to from 195 to 205. wheel alignment is must every 5k for civic if driven on potholes highways, i forget once to do my whel alignment otherwise it should last 40-45k.
will post later about service costs I need to check whether still i have bills. 40k service costed me around 4.5k thats major service done at 40k. 50k costed me around 9k not changed any parts it includes cleaning my interiors fully which i should have done outside, not at authorized service station.
Old 8th December 2008, 00:20   #246
Senior - BHPian

sha, how is the suspension? There always seem to be doubts on its suspension especially as the odo increases...

Any recurring niggles?

57K is a lot for any car in 2 yrs. :-)
Old 8th December 2008, 11:51   #247
BHPian

Whenever I drive from Delhi to Chandigarh I always get an average of 14+ considering I am almost always driving 120 - 150 whenever I get a chance to speed.
And if you drive between 90-120 consistently you will surely get 15+ on highway.

57K is really impressive in 2 years considering the amount of fuel you have burnet I am also curious to know what all major parts you have changed and any rattling issues you are facing?

Post EDITED since it contained various [FONT], [COLOR] and [SIZE] tags.
Posting with such text formatting should be avoided on Team-BHP as it is inconvenient for members to read post.
Kindly go through Announcements section before proceeding.

Thanking You for your anticipated co-operation

The Team-BHP Support

Last edited by Jaggu : 8th December 2008 at 11:56. Reason: Font and color tags
Old 8th December 2008, 16:36   #248
Sha
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
sha, how is the suspension? There always seem to be doubts on its suspension especially as the odo increases...

Any recurring niggles?

57K is a lot for any car in 2 yrs. :-)
So far no suspension issue atall, i have driven in worst terrain road also. I can vouch on Civic supension is absolutely gem and even it depends on driver who drives it. touch wood no niggles so far, just saw my speedometer its 58567km done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalitk25 View Post
Whenever I drive from Delhi to Chandigarh I always get an average of 14+ considering I am almost always driving 120 - 150 whenever I get a chance to speed.
And if you drive between 90-120 consistently you will surely get 15+ on highway.

57K is really impressive in 2 years considering the amount of fuel you have burnet I am also curious to know what all major parts you have changed and any rattling issues you are facing?

Post EDITED since it contained various [FONT], [COLOR] and [SIZE] tags.
Posting with such text formatting should be avoided on Team-BHP as it is inconvenient for members to read post.
Kindly go through Announcements section before proceeding.

Thanking You for your anticipated co-operation

The Team-BHP Support
No major issue so far, I misplaced my bills otherwise i would put detail cost of each service. so far i can remember only major part i have changed at 50k service 'fuel injector cleaner' it costed me 2.5k due to adultered petrol. make sure you put fuel at good petrol station one more thing i use only unleaded petrol no extra premium.
Old 8th December 2008, 17:20   #249
BHPian

That’s really cool information.
Even I have no doubt about civic's suspension but there was so much hue and cry about that so I was just curious for the information.

I can also say that the more you drive this machine more you are addicted to this and u realize this once you drive other cars.

I am also using normal fuel from day one as someone from Prestige Honda told me to use normal fuel only.

One more information have you stick to the normal servicing schedule I mean changing oil only after 10K or you are changing after 5K?
Old 8th December 2008, 18:25   #250
Sha
BHPian

Quote:
That’s really cool information.
Even I have no doubt about civic's suspension but there was so much hue and cry about that so I was just curious for the information.

I can also say that the more you drive this machine more you are addicted to this and u realize this once you drive other cars.

I am also using normal fuel from day one as someone from Prestige Honda told me to use normal fuel only.

One more information have you stick to the normal servicing schedule I mean changing oil only after 10K or you are changing after 5K?
Stick to normal schedule as mentioned in service booklet, i alway over shoot my servicing schedule by 1k-1.5km. I used mineral oil till 50k but changed to synthetic oil still figuring out performance of engine. if money is matter stick to mineral oil, synthetic oil costs more.
Old 9th December 2008, 15:43   #251
BHPian

so you mean to say you are feeling change in engine performance after synthetic oil.
Forget about cost if cost is not a factor then would you recommend this change (Considering this is VFM)?
If you can detail about your experience then that would be good because there was a very long thread over this and I was not sure after reading that weather to go for synthetic oil or not?
Old 10th December 2008, 08:35   #252
Sha
BHPian

Quote:
so you mean to say you are feeling change in engine performance after synthetic oil.
Forget about cost if cost is not a factor then would you recommend this change (Considering this is VFM)?
If you can detail about your experience then that would be good because there was a very long thread over this and I was not sure after reading that weather to go for synthetic oil or not?
If cost is not matter to you go for synthetic oil at next service. engine performance is good and smooth.
Old 10th December 2008, 10:32   #253
BHPian

Yah definitly go for the synthetic oil, it improves the overall performance and the efficiency of the car.
Old 14th December 2008, 19:45   #254
BANNED

guys...have a weird issue in my civic....or is it? its regarding breaking suddenly at high speeds like 170 or above. guys, not driving rash or anything but just testing the capabilities of civic at empty and wide roads. ok, now back to the question, whenever i brake at these speeds....and just before coming to standstill, the revs almost redline. i mean it reaches between 5k - 7k. there is no problem with the breaks, they are fantastic, to say the least. this has started happening recently, never noticed this earlier, or i never used to take it at such speeds because it was in its first year. so is it normal or something wrong ?

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th December 2008 at 00:39. Reason: Hi, please try to use Capitalization at the start of sentences and avoid ....s. It will help readability a lot. Thanks.
Old 14th December 2008, 20:34   #255
Team-BHP Support

Is it an automatic? If it is then the AT box might be downshifting to prevent stalling when suddenly braking. It should be more prominent in sports mode.

So just before stopping the box might be going to first causing the revs to rise.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks