Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2008, 18:49   #166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swageo
1300 km on odo. Under 1.5k rpm, engine is very quiet. This is what one would expect from a petrol engine. At 2k, you starts "feeling" the engine at moderate level of spin, and at 3k its reving "high". Driving @ 2k most of the times in city is irritating. I hope either engine will become silent after 10k on odo or I get used to this.
Assuming every thing is fine, you can hardly hear the engine below 3k RPM...
That apart, Civic is a high revving engine. Try going all the way to 7100 RPM you would feel the revs above 4k RPM but below 3k...! I am not sure.
It's one of the most silent engines at lower RPMs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swageo
For the first time, I glanced through the user's manual and it gives some idea on speed vs gear. If we follow that, it requires us to keep engine at close to 2.8k rpm. I don't like this high rpm, low speed driving.
Hmm. that's nice. So I was not far away when I suggested shifting at 2.5k

Anyway, you should make an exception for this rule in 1st gear, besides that it should be fine to follow this.
What more can an enthusiast want - ability to be on high RPM and still get good economy...

But, if you just don;t want to play at that RPM, just don;t bother.
Stay where you feel comfortable. Not much you will loose - little power & little fuel eco... not much.
Old 12th March 2008, 18:54   #167
Senior - BHPian

Just noticed some exhaust gap problem on another thread. This is again something unusual. Might be that higher engine noise due to some issue there...
Old 8th April 2008, 23:31   #168
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhafeez_13666 View Post
Friends! Thought I will share my experience after 6000 Kms, about to go for 3rd Service and some accessories which I have fitted.

What I still don't like?
1. The troubling A pillar on the right, but now I am used to it
2. Belly scratch when fully loaded
3. Some kind of noise from the Enigne in slow speed and rev. The engineer
says that it is knocking sound and will go off after 10,000 kms. I am not
convinced.
4. Think the Audio HU has been compromised of Amp power.
5. If I take the car after 2 days, a sound comes from the belly (TAK...)
My Cousin says it is because of moisture and mud getting stuck in the
chassis.???? Same sound when I move the steering in the morning.

FE: 10 in City with A/C always on. Ideal Bangalore Traffic Conditions
Top Speed 154, went to the new peripheral road near Electronic City
to try but got scared beyond 150 Kmph.

And Everything about Civic. It is such a pleasure to drive.

And of course the STP Son of a gun for the tyres!!

Bye, I love the Civic, what a CaaaaR!!!!!!
hi,
my civic is just 4 months old, even i face the same problems as you hafeez. i too get a "tak" sound from my steering in the morning and if i don't take the car out for more than 2 days, i get the same sound from its belly, a loud "tak". Do you think these noises are normal and are present in every other civic, cause i am not used to hearing these noises from other cars i own or have owned earlier.
Did you check this with honda service guys? what did they say!!!
Old 8th April 2008, 23:39   #169
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
The HIDs are white only... 6k is white with very little blue tinge.
The halos are blue.

Below is the pic with HID and Halos on together...(also indicator light is on).
hi ST,
what brand HID's are you using and cost. i am planning to get the HELIOS hid kit from dubai. where have u got the ignitors/ballasts fixed. is it a tedious job to get the HID's fixed and do they require some tinkering to get the beam right? what is the bulb type in civic, is it 9006 for the low beam. thanx
Old 9th April 2008, 11:18   #170
Senior - BHPian

Similar sound comes from my car while starting after few days. I guess it comes from the wheels and n chasis.

Thé knocking sound does reduce substantially after 10k km, but if you are driving in that range where you are getting the knocking sound, you might be hurting you engine.

Sanchit, Mine HIDs are Phillips, costed 20k.Installation was very simple, blast installed by removing wheel liner slightly. Low beam bulbs are 9006.
Old 10th April 2008, 11:27   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Similar sound comes from my car while starting after few days. I guess it comes from the wheels and n chasis.
Hey, that's 3 people already, strange but I did not notice this before.

Can one of you elaborate on the sound, when do you get it , when you turn the wheel or when you just start up.

May be I was too much in love with the car to notice it

The only sounds I have heard is when you get your tires wet and if you pick some gravel/mud on the way, the next thing in the morning the caked mud gets off the tires and when it hits the suspension wall, you get a noise.
Old 10th April 2008, 13:52   #172
Senior - BHPian

I somehow feel its something to do with the brakes locking up when you park/stop the car. I had not touched my car for a couple of weeks and when I started her up, I could hear a similar noise as described. Also when I started to roll slowly out of the parking, I felt as if something was scrapping my tyre. Got the car out in the open, got out and checked. Nothing was there. After that I didn't have any more noises or scrapping. I did a 700 km journey without any more problems.

I will have to check with the dealer when I give her for service.
Old 23rd April 2008, 17:32   #173

Hello Friends,

Needed some help from you - basically, I've managed to misplace the main key of my Civic and am currently using the spare one. I'm worried that the main key might have landed in improper hands and could potentially risk losing my baby. So, in this regard, a few queries to this group:

1. Can Honda just "immobilize" the original key and issue me a new one?
2. If yes, would you know approximately how much would I end up paying for that? And is it coverable under insurance?
3. If the above is not possible, would I need to get all the locks changed and get new keys issued? Again, any idea of the costs involved here?

I do plan to call up the Honda dealership and see what they have to say, but wanted to hear if any of you have had a first hand experience in this. Hoping for a quick response from this group!

Cheers!
Old 23rd April 2008, 18:39   #174
Senior - BHPian

1st and 2nd option are not possible. You would need to go for 3rd one and it is going to be very expensive, consider it in 5 figures. Locks itself are expensive, and this will include remote locking + immobilizer.
Do make sure that you have definitely lost the key before going for a changeover.

Don;t know about Civic key, but duplicate Skoda Immobilizer Key with remote lock costs about 10k. Yes that's just the cost for a duplicate key!

On second thoughts do some research and find out if the same immobilizer can be reseted to a new code with new keys (with same cut as before, but new immobilizer code), that way immobilizer and lock cost will get saved, only new keys and labor will have to be paid.
It's an intermediate solution - the risk is that the intruder might still gain entry to your car, but the new immobilizer code will not let him start it.

Last edited by ST7677 : 23rd April 2008 at 18:45.
Old 7th May 2008, 20:24   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchits View Post
hi,
my civic is just 4 months old, even i face the same problems as you hafeez. i too get a "tak" sound from my steering in the morning and if i don't take the car out for more than 2 days, i get the same sound from its belly, a loud "tak". Do you think these noises are normal and are present in every other civic, cause i am not used to hearing these noises from other cars i own or have owned earlier.
Did you check this with honda service guys? what did they say!!!

Sorry, I am late in replying. but I figured out the root cause for
one of the 2 "TAK" sounds.! I found out that the Belly "TAK" sound comes when you park your car for more than 24 hrs with the HAND BRAKE on to fullest position!

So what I do now is, I park my car on gear and full flat hand brake and lo!! the sound has never come so far!!!???

Any Logic behind this???

But the steering sound is still there :-(
Old 9th May 2008, 01:09   #176
Senior - BHPian

Hey, did anyone had the suspension problem with the civic?? i heard from lot of prople that the rear suspensions are very soft and if 2 people are sitting at the back, the car starts hitting speed breakers.
Old 9th May 2008, 03:48   #177
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Hey, did anyone had the suspension problem with the civic?? i heard from lot of prople that the rear suspensions are very soft and if 2 people are sitting at the back, the car starts hitting speed breakers.
See these threads as well >

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...uspension.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ion-issue.html

cya
R
Old 10th May 2008, 00:11   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, I am late in replying. but I figured out the root cause for
one of the 2 "TAK" sounds.! I found out that the Belly "TAK" sound comes when you park your car for more than 24 hrs with the HAND BRAKE on to fullest position!
Great, this solved my Tak problem - I was guessing it comes from brakes

Can some one help me where can I find paint code for Civic?
The manual says it's on the driver side Jamb, but I can't find it there (or on the other side). I found the engine No, Vin No, chassis no there but paint code is not there.
Old 13th May 2008, 23:55   #179
Senior - BHPian

Help, I need to know where can I find paint code for my Civic?
Some one there... ... ... ... ...
Old 20th May 2008, 13:22   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Help, I need to know where can I find paint code for my Civic?
Some one there... ... ... ... ...
Found the following on honda-tech.com forum where the author mentioned that he/she got it from clubcivic.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fiji Blue Pearl Clearcoat B-529P 2006-2007
Royal Blue Pearl Clearcoat B-536P 2006-2007
Proton Blue Metallic Clearcoat B-537M 2006-2007
Nighthawk Black Pearl Clearcoat B-92P 2006-2007
Eternal Blue Pearl Clearcoat B-96P 2006
Opal Silver Blue Metallic Clearcoat BG-51M 2006-2007
Taffeta White NH-578 2006-2007
Sparkle Gray Metallic Clearcoat NH-684M 2006
Sparkle Gray Pearl Clearcoat NH-684P 2006-2007
Satin Silver Metallic Clearcoat NH-700M 2006-2007
Galaxy Gray Metallic Clearcoat NH-701M 2006-2007
Rallye Red R-513 2006-2007
Tango Red Pearl Metallic Clearcoat R-525P 2006-2007
Shoreline Mist Metallic Clearcoat YR-528M 2006
Habanero Red Pearl Clearcoat YR-557P 2006-2007
Habanero Red Metallic Clearcoat YR-566M 2007

Mine's a Galaxy Gray , yours probably Habanero Red, but Pearl or Metallic is beyond me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks