Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2008, 13:48   #181
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Indivic, however these codes are different from country to country and even batch to batch, that is the reason that on each car the paint code of the paint used is stamped.
Typically it should be on the driver side door jamb, for honda civic. But I am not able to find one in my car. Just wanted to check if in India they place is somewhere else, or does the paint code concept doesn;t exist in India? (I think Honda procures their paint from Asian Paints)...
Old 20th May 2008, 16:42   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
Thanks Indivic, however these codes are different from country to country and even batch to batch, that is the reason that on each car the paint code of the paint used is stamped.
Typically it should be on the driver side door jamb, for honda civic. But I am not able to find one in my car. Just wanted to check if in India they place is somewhere else, or does the paint code concept doesn;t exist in India? (I think Honda procures their paint from Asian Paints)...
I tried to check out on my car but could not find any indication,will try to read through the owner's manual if that provides some clue, but I suspect that chances are remote considering how generic the manual is.

bye,
ramna
Old 21st May 2008, 05:37   #183
BHPian

guys i want feed back from people who have put angeleyes projector headlamps on their civic,please let me know. thanx
Old 5th June 2008, 17:03   #184
BHPian

Hey didn't want to keep this thread silent for so long

@swageo - How is your ride now, did you get the beast to drive like you wanted

@ST - Sorry mate, no luck with the colour codes

@jeetu - I am still running stock lamps. May be ST , csentil, mhafeez , sanchits have some idea.

One update from my side , last month was at Sundaram Honda playing a dumb customer at the scheduled service.

I mentioned to the service advisor that the suspension was not that good, he then agreed to put it in the list of items to be checked as "not effective".

After the service was done I asked him what he had done to rectify it, the feedback was that the suspension was working okay, and it is a common cause for complaint.

Then I asked him what Honda was doing about it since it is a 12 lakh car , all I got was a sheepish grin with a remark that they did not receive any information from Honda as to what to do.

So clearly Honda is not trying to improve the situation with the Civic, a pity on what would have made the car just about perfect.
Old 5th June 2008, 17:31   #185
Senior - BHPian

Hey, I am not using angel eyes project headlamps so can;t comment.
I am using HIDs and Angel eyes separately.
For the time being I removed the fuse of my angel eyes, as was recently fined by the cop, still not sure why :(

Regarding the suspension, I never had any problems. Some how I feel that insisting on the first batch stock was to my benefit. May be the first batch was better, may be

Besides that, sometimes I feel it should have been softer, some times I feel it should be stiffer, depending on the road I am driving. So I really can;t blame honda for that, actually I need a different type of suspension with damping adjustment and with Height adjustment, both from within cabin.
Old 6th June 2008, 10:25   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post

Besides that, sometimes I feel it should have been softer, some times I feel it should be stiffer, depending on the road I am driving. So I really can;t blame honda for that, actually I need a different type of suspension with damping adjustment and with Height adjustment, both from within cabin.
Exactly, thats what I want as well, but the suspension is set up is on the softer side, I prefer a firmer ride.

Was enquiring with Viper about the damping adjustment and Height adjustment for a D2 coil over system - currently tight finances don't allow me to upgrade, may be when the lease ends with the company - I will take the plunge

D2 Racing Coilovers
Old 11th July 2008, 14:09   #187
Senior - BHPian

I saw them too, but they don;t fit my requirement.
With these you can just adjust damping factor from the cabin. You still can;t adjust the height on press of a button. You need to get down and open your hood and pick up few spanners...
Old 11th July 2008, 17:53   #188
Senior - BHPian

Just get the suspension system off the new C class

Kidding aside, I think installing an electronically adjustable suspension setup in our FD1 Civics are a waste of money - it'll cost way too much compared to the base price of the car.
Old 11th July 2008, 23:51   #189
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
Hey didn't want to keep this thread silent for so long

@swageo - How is your ride now, did you get the beast to drive like you wanted
No, still I don't like my car. Apart from all issue I have reported in this thread, gear shifting stands as a big concern. Shifting down from 2nd to 1st when car is at 10km is a real pain. Its very hard and often noisy too. During my last visit to the showroom, I did a test drive with dealers car and found the same/similar issue with that too.

I am wondering how come you guys are not having this issue.

Indivic, I thought you had bought your car from Capital honda ! Then why are you going to Sundaram Honda ?
Old 12th July 2008, 09:06   #190
Senior - BHPian

I have seen this post stuck with title saying ...12000 km. Can you not please update it by sending a message to the moderators. Would also request you to post a chart for your FE that would be helpful to others considering a Civic.
Old 14th July 2008, 16:23   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
No, still I don't like my car. Apart from all issue I have reported in this thread, gear shifting stands as a big concern. Shifting down from 2nd to 1st when car is at 10km is a real pain. Its very hard and often noisy too. During my last visit to the showroom, I did a test drive with dealers car and found the same/similar issue with that too.

I am wondering how come you guys are not having this issue.

Indivic, I thought you had bought your car from Capital honda ! Then why are you going to Sundaram Honda ?
Well, I did have this initially, but if I do warm up in the morning/night (wait for the temp indicator to add one more notch from the default value) before pushing off, I don't have this problem. Having said that, I guess the gears also take time to bed in so as you keep racking up more mileage they should become smoother.

No, I took the car from Sundaram Honda since my car is on company lease and they were the preferred dealer of Leaseplan. A pity ! So I go to Sundaram for normal service and once was at Capital Honda to replace the front quarter glass which I broke and Sundaram kept dragging their feet for 3 months , no less !
Old 20th August 2008, 23:44   #192
BHPian

Stiff downshifting

Hi all. I went through this thread completely and agree to many many things discussed here... "tak" sound, breaking effect etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
No, still I don't like my car. Apart from all issue I have reported in this thread, gear shifting stands as a big concern. Shifting down from 2nd to 1st when car is at 10km is a real pain.
Swageo: Same problem here. absolutely agree to what you have been saying in this thread. I have some suggestions.. I have tried this to minimize the downshifting gear issue.

I change my gears this way..
1st to 2nd: 23km/h ..... 14 or 15 in traffic to avoid jerks
2nd to 3rd: 40
3rd to 4th: 65
5th: 90+

Now, about downshifting, lets say you running at 25km/hr and have a speedbreaker in front of you and you start breaking. DONT shift the gear immediately to 1 when u come below 10km/h. Let the RPM come down as well. If you allow the RPM to come down i have found that the downshifting is like butter.

My MT Civic has just done abt 1300+ KM and done its 1st servicing. This stiff downshifting in 2 and 1 improved a bit after the servicing. Earlier it was just there all the time. Now, after the servicing it happens only for first 1 or 2 km after starting the car. After that its fine. I had reported this issue during the servicing. At the end of day the report said it was perfect.

All:
Since the GC is low, how do u manage during water flooding in this season. Friends from bangalore... any comments. YOu all know what happens when we leave office in the evening. A friend of mine told me that while passing to flooded street, make sure to rev the car to higher RPM to avoid water getting in the exhaust. But since we have to go slow as well, only way is to keep clutch half pressed. Though this is not a good practice, it needs to be done to pass the flooding area.
Any comments if there are better ideas ? I know half clutch is BAD and hence the question.
Old 21st August 2008, 00:38   #193
BHPian

What do you say about reverse gear ?

I have also noticed in my civic that the reverse gear really goes very low on RPM. As a result you need to raise to at least 1K RPM to be able to release your clutch without causing an uncomfortable vibration in the car.

If I just release the clutch on reverse gear, there is too much vibration in the car. But the same doesnt happen in 1st gear and the car slowly starts to inch forward.

Also I noticed that, when you start the car, the RPM hovers around 1K to 1.2K for few seconds and then falls to 900. If I start the reverse during this 1K period, the reverse is much smooth and I can do it just by controlling the clutch. However, the problem is when I am doing parallel parking. Having to raise the RPM to be able to reverse smoothly really feels tough. I noticed that on my friend's car (santro) he could handle the reverse only by clutch.

Do you guys have similar observations ?
Old 22nd August 2008, 14:49   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by araje View Post
I have also noticed in my civic that the reverse gear really goes very low on RPM. As a result you need to raise to at least 1K RPM to be able to release your clutch without causing an uncomfortable vibration in the car.

Do you guys have similar observations ?
Yup, this happens in mine as well, but when parking I am more or less watching all my mirrors to be careful not to beach it on a low kerb. RPM is probably the last thing I bother about.
Old 29th August 2008, 20:55   #195
BANNED

My car Headlight got broke & I've been told by Honda that it will cost 14k to replace, So I need your opinion should I buy from Honda or Install other 3rd party headlight ?

Last edited by unknown : 29th August 2008 at 20:57.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks