Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2007, 12:38   #31
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
Congratulations Unknown on your new car...

The steering is on a slightly heavier side compared to most other power steering found in B & C segment cars, but once you get used to it, it gives very good connect with the road and the car. (unlike City PS).
So i've judge it right it's feels little bit heavier as compared to other B & C segments .
Thanks

@ thefreak
Thanks

@ jash
Congratulations to you aswell cheers:
Thanks .
Old 21st October 2007, 17:43   #32
BANNED

Guys Congrats freak for his Black civic he's just bought it today cheers:
Old 21st October 2007, 18:08   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Torque is addicting but then you have just have a very narrow RPM band 1900-3500 for play
Boss.. 1900 - 3500 is NOT a narrow RPM band..Most cars have a 500 to 1000 RPM powerband only.

Guess, you didnt like the OPtra..PERIOD.

Good writeup about the CIVIC.

Happy Driving.
Old 22nd October 2007, 10:08   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
Guys Congrats freak for his Black civic he's just bought it today cheers:
Thanks Jay!

Guys got off by Civic 1.8 V MT. Thanks to one and all on team-bhp for the wonderful advice!

As promised I resolved my confusion on S or V in the showroom, but instead of tossing the coin it was asking wifey to decide . She says V so V it was.

Now for the shocks!

Took the delivery went over every bit of the car as per the instructions in team-bhp. Everything perfect. Two hour inspection. Forgot one thing, and suffered, have they given me two keys? No sir! Only one with the remote. Called up the showroom guys from home. The showroom guys were of the opinion that they put the key in the car but I could not find it. Went back to the showroom. Finally it is two days of peace. If the key is not located in the showroom by today evening or in my home by the same time they are going to change the locks of the car (at their cost). So not so good and good service by Honda rolled into one.
Old 22nd October 2007, 10:17   #35
Senior - BHPian

Oops, At least they agreed to change all the locks. And good that you didn't opt for an additional duplicate key instead!

Congrats on your new car... do post your experience.

For me asking my wife comes much earlier in the decision tree ...
In my case - I chose the car, she chose the color.
Old 22nd October 2007, 11:39   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Oops, At least they agreed to change all the locks. And good that you didn't opt for an additional duplicate key instead!

Congrats on your new car... do post your experience.

For me asking my wife comes much earlier in the decision tree ...
In my case - I chose the car, she chose the color.
Sir sir! That is what is the case with one and all who have walked down the alley!

In my case too the choice was limited to car and transmission option! Color and version on wife!

Will post the first experience of the car by next weekend - a 500km report
Old 22nd October 2007, 15:44   #37
BANNED

guys, just bought a white civic 1.8v manual on 19th october. awesome car to drive. but didn't get any discount, but i forced them to give me the side step garnish for the front doors and a car cover or free. the side step garnish costs a whooping Rs.5600.

as per some reviews, another complaint that the car is little sluggish in the lower revs. i didnt feel that at all, it had a great acceleration.
the car has solid build quality, the doors are as solid as octavia's.
the sound insulation is just awesome, could hardly hear any traffic noise. even when a passed a tractor, i could hardly hear any sound.
i found the torque delivery to be really good, no vibrations or jerks at lower speed turns at high gears.
the quality of interiors is top notch and the rear legroom, woah! is pretty good.
finally, the car looks great in white and the sweet engine doesn't need any comments.
what is the correct air pressure for the stock tyres?

Last edited by ajmat : 22nd October 2007 at 18:04.
Old 22nd October 2007, 16:15   #38
Senior - BHPian

30 PSI all around

You are right the torque curve is very flat from 2000 RPM to all the way till 6700 RPM, after which it tends to drop before hitting the rev limiter at 7100 RPM.
You would love to push this car at higher RPMs... it's lovely
Old 22nd October 2007, 16:20   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchits View Post
as per some reviews, another complaint that the car is little sluggish in the lower revs. i didnt feel that at all, it had a great acceleration.
the car has solid build quality, the doors are as solid as octavia's.
the sound insulation is just awesome, could hardly hear any traffic noise. even when a passed a tractor, i could hardly hear any sound.
i found the torque delivery to be really good, no vibrations or jerks at lower speed turns at high gears.
the quality of interiors is top notch and the rear legroom, woah! is pretty good.
finally, the car looks great in white and the sweet engine doesn't need any comments.
what is the correct air pressure for the stock tyres?
Congrats mate! Yep as ST said the tyre pressure is 30 all around.

I have an issue with teh car though. Till you look at the odo you dont know as to what speed you are at!!! I thought I was doing 70ish when I was doing close to 95ish!! Good thing they have that prominent a speedo else I dont know what speeds I would dirve it at.

Also running in the car is so damn tough! It is almost impossible not to floor the accelerator. I have to fight back all the enthusiasm!
Old 22nd October 2007, 17:37   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also running in the car is so damn tough! It is almost impossible not to floor the accelerator. I have to fight back all the enthusiasm!
He he he, Just to ease it a little, I guess once in a while is fine
Old 22nd October 2007, 18:22   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The steering is on a slightly heavier side compared to most other power steering found in B & C segment cars, but once you get used to it, it gives very good connect with the road and the car. (unlike City PS).
One of the Honda service station persons told me that the Civic has hydraulic PS and not the EPS. If that is true, can we attribute this to hydraulic PS?
Old 22nd October 2007, 20:12   #42
Senior - BHPian

Running in the car is another controversial topic in this forum. :-) The Honda guys told me not to worry about it at all and go ahead and drive it as I wish !!!

Yes, better watch out your speed. I've done 150+ without knowing it. If your window is up then you'll not feel a thing.

The dealer would have the tyre pressure way above the 30 PSI mark. It was about 38 or something. Generally to give a better ride I think !!!

and finally Congratulations and welcome to the Civic club.
Old 22nd October 2007, 21:17   #43

Hi Guys...

First and foremost, thanks for starting the Civic thread again...I was almost depressed for the last few days (could not check Team-BHP) and was wondering where else could I read about my love, the Civic!! But, now I am all happy and can sleep well!

Second, congrats to all the new family members...I am sure you all will be a really happy lot!

I've done 6,000 on my 1.8 MT S and have loved each and every km of those 6,000 (ok, I'll be truthful...wifey got to drive about 300 or so of it, so can't claim my joys on those!). Those were the days when I wasn't in the car and she drove alone....when I am around, no way she'll drive.

There's just one thing which puts me off a bit...the automatic climate control. Does a single setting really work well for you guys? I usually keep it at 26 C, but there are days when the AC simply chills at 26 and you need to turn it up a couple of degrees. So, I do need to keep on changing the setting a bit, which gets irksome at times...

Wondering how the others feel about this?

(Also, curious to know if any of you've ever had a flat tyre on your Civic yet...I haven't yet...but would like to know how tough is it to change the tyre!). Also, need to look at the manual one of these days to see how to change a flat!
Old 22nd October 2007, 23:29   #44
Senior - BHPian

Oh, I've had a torn tyre to say the least. A really big pothole took care of that. Well the tyre is heavy.. that was the only problem and I had consumed a full breakfast. :-) Other than that changing tyres is not a big issue.

I've done almost 9k and that was the only time I had to change tyres.

Nope a single setting never works on the ACC. Bangalore has climate swings. So 25 degrees sometimes is too cold & sometimes a bit warm.... :-) Sounds crazy but that's how it is. Basically its the amount of heat radiation or the lack of it thats the reason.
Old 23rd October 2007, 20:10   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There's just one thing which puts me off a bit...the automatic climate control. Does a single setting really work well for you guys? I usually keep it at 26 C, but there are days when the AC simply chills at 26 and you need to turn it up a couple of degrees. So, I do need to keep on changing the setting a bit, which gets irksome at times...
That's because of the sun and the humidity.
If it is sunny then you would get lot of heat radiated from the front.
If it is humidity you would still feel uncomfortable at 26deg.
So you would end up changing the temp on the Climate control.

I have V kool on the car, and this problem reduced after that. Now it's more or less on 26 deg +/- 1 deg.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks