Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2008, 08:52   #136
BHPian

Ha.. finally installed a new entertainment unit in my car. Got the Boss 745BA / RDS745BA from US and got it installed for National’s. I had tried most of the installers in the city for my family cars so though I will go to National’s for getting my cars entertainment unit installed.
Almost a week back I got the head unit installed and it’s up to my expectation.

Honda City Vtec-20000 km report - updated to 61500km-11998505921.jpg
BLUETOOTH®-ENABLED, MP3-COMPATIBLE, IN-DASH CD RECEIVER WITH FRONT PANEL USB AND AUX INPUTS

Along with this I also got some super cool CD's
"Bleach"
"Divine Intervention"
"Reign in Blood"
"Diabolus in Musica"
"God Hates Us All"

Last edited by vinayvtec : 2nd November 2008 at 08:56.
Old 2nd November 2008, 12:49   #137
BHPian

Vinay, do live in RR nagar or somewhere near? I've seen your VTEC few times near my house, hence asked.
Old 3rd November 2008, 17:08   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper123 View Post
Vinay, do live in RR nagar or somewhere near? I've seen your VTEC few times near my house, hence asked.

you got it right.. I leave in both RR nagar of Bangalore. I take my car out only few times.
Old 11th November 2008, 12:53   #139
BHPian

A small review of my beautiful lady, on November 25th we would be completing eight months together. Sometimes when I look at car, a question suddenly come in mind “oh, do I really have it with me?” When Ajit handed over the car to me it had done 55243 Kms and after coming to me (as of today) it has just completed 57400 Kms. From 25th October till today I have driven 500 Kms if not it would have not even completed so much.

After I got this ride I have just changed the exhaust pipe and the muffler, recently updated the audio system. Most of the people might be shocked how come nothing else has been done? But the fact is I had promised my mom I will not be spending money on this car as its already done up ( She will go crazy if she comes to know that I am spending money on the car).

On my b’day spoke to her and convinced that I would be spending a small part of cash on the car next year and she has agreed to it. I know this car is very well known in this forum and even when I meet some of the BHPian’s who knows about this car there feedback is awesome and the way Ajit had taken care of it.

Yesterday I had been to Shabeer’s place as the muffler was rubbing to the bumper in low RPM, while returning I though I will go through Raj uncles place but the door was locked so just went near Jai mahal park and spotted a BHPian who is my friend. Just was speaking to him and the way he was explaining about my car to his friend, made me reanalyze how much people in the forum had liked this car.

He took me for a spin in his car and it was quick (fast), just waiting for a good start to flash at my car.
Old 11th November 2008, 21:52   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayvtec View Post
... spotted a BHPian who is my friend. Just was speaking to him and the way he was explaining about my car to his friend, made me reanalyze how much people in the forum had liked this car.

He took me for a spin in his car and it was quick (fast), just waiting for a good start to flash at my car.
Good to see the car is in good hands. Still lookin' good.
Old 12th November 2008, 09:03   #141
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Good to see the car is in good hands. Still lookin' good.

As I said earlier, I was picky on who got this car
Old 14th January 2009, 01:27   #142
BHPian

Good new, got the idling issue fixed on my car.
Old 14th March 2009, 17:08   #143
BHPian

I had not used my car for more than a month. I was supposed to take it out on 2nd March for taking my nephew for a drive, but when I used the remote for opening the car lock it did not open, tried opening the car using the key and tried checking whether the other light on the car comes on, but it was not coming on. Made sure it was issue with the battery and called up the battery guy, he came home with a spare battery and took my car’s battery and told he will get it charged. He got the charged battery next day and installed it and took the spare battery that was in the car. Car was working normally after the battery was recharged. I just used for 2 hrs and parked the car back.

I was planning to take the car out on 10th evening, was able to open the lock with the remote and even the lights were working fine, but when I turned on the ignition the engine check light came on and the time was reset, after the check light went off tried turning on the engine but there was only a click sound that was coming and the car failed to start. As the time was reset I was sure it was some issue with the battery, called the batter guy and he was at my place in 10 minutes and checked the battery and one of the cell in the battery had gone bad.

He was trying to push the Exide battery, he told it comes with 5 years warranty and he told if I take the car to outside Bangalore and if anything happens to the battery any Exide dealer will be able to replace the battery. Told him I just need the same kind of Amaron battery, still he was trying to push the Exide, told him if he Is not able to sell me a Amaron, then I have other options. He then told he will get the Amaron, got a new sealed box and opened it and filled the warranty card and also gave the bill installed the battery and car started smoothly. I got the Amaron battery with a 48 months warranty.
Old 14th March 2009, 18:13   #144
Team-BHP Support

I changed the original battery in Jan 2006 - 4 years down the line. The amaron does not seem to have lasted as long. Did you check the battery warranty terms?
Old 14th March 2009, 18:21   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I changed the original battery in Jan 2006 - 4 years down the line. The amaron does not seem to have lasted as long. Did you check the battery warranty terms?

Yes, I did check on the warranty.

The battery was replaced on Jan 26th, 2006. I got a discount of Rs.600 on the new battery as it was within 4 years.
Old 17th March 2009, 10:16   #146
BHPian

On 26th my car will be celebrating its first year bash with me, when I am travelling I keep a close watch on the Honda cars and most of the car’s are now getting serviced by Magnum Honda (by the service sticker on rare number plate). I have not yet got my car serviced after it came to my position as I won’t use it much. But this time when I give it for service, I need to have a complete check done and also need to get the staring arms replaced as its gone week. Please can you guys let me know how is Magnum Honda doing when it comes to servicing? I don’t mind giving to Whitefield Honda as its maintained from the day one, but if I get a good service from Magnum Honda, then thinking of switching.
Old 20th September 2009, 19:41   #147
BHPian

My babe is getting gorgeous

It’s been very longtime, I had got anything done on the car. I was busy taking care of my lovely dogs which passed away some months back and I was just recovering from that and suddenly my lovely buddy broke up with me and by the time I recovered from all this issues half the year had passed off, finally counseled myself “its life I need to face things that come in my way, then only I can explore new things”

As people say Time heals all wounds, things started getting better. Whenever I used to go to meet my buddy she used to look at the car and admire the way it was maintained, even my family admires the beauty. But the small dents which were on the car at the time of purchase and the scratches were not looking good on the car. Since the car is black and the glow is really good, people never used to note there was a dent till the time they came close to it.

In June while having conversation with Karthik (Speedfreak), he told he is getting skirting and suspension work done on his OHC. After a week he got the car to 18th cross CCD the looks of the car was mind-blowing, the merging of the Kit on the body was brilliant… I have seen many other OHC but the finishing on the Karthik’s OHC was really neat. His car suspension.. trust me even @ 100 or140 Kms/hrs you can challenge any curve and his OHC will just take it all without any issue. Karthik introduced me to Yousaf who did the skirting and suspension work, Met the man who had done that amazing job on his car and told him he can expect my car for skirting’s and the body work by August, by then my mom had traced out the money spent for the medication on the Boxers and she told I would not be spending anything on the car… till next year. But spoke to her and convinced, showed her Karthik’s car and she liked the looks n gave a go signal.

But before the car was left for the skirting, Wanted to know about Yousaf and his work, I visited Yousaf place in HSR twice once when the CRV green OHC was getting the front lips done and the 2nd time was when Halley was getting suspension work on his OHC. Check with some good friend of mine came to know he was with RAC for 10 years and now he on his own, people might think for just a skirting job this guy is checking all this.. I respect my car and I did not want to give to some amature and then blame for the work. But Karthik (speedfreak) had told me not to worry about the work that’s going on the car and made sure we are not compromising on the quality of the work @ any cost

I had decided of getting the body kit from Thailand and even had spoken to the guys over there, but those are with very low ground clearance but look stunning on the car. Showed some snaps to Yousaf and told him what I needed on my car, he was able to understand what I needed very quick, since my car suspension was already done I saved some bucks on that.. When I had spoken to Raj uncle he had told me to take off the spacers and lower the car by 1.5” so that it will look very good on road.
Old 22nd September 2009, 08:08   #148
Senior - BHPian

Dude your car looks freakin hot now!!!Nice job done there.Also how much did that body kit costs ya and also that grill.
Old 23rd September 2009, 00:11   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownsatan View Post
Dude your car looks freakin hot now!!!Nice job done there.Also how much did that body kit costs ya and also that grill.
Thanks Dude, by the way where did you get to see the car?

I don’t like to make any comment on the pricing dude, but trust me I got the best price. The grill is really cool, but I am not happy with the mesh... will be going for an imported shortly, also will be uploading the snaps shortly.(editing them for bring the file size down)

Like v1p3r advice (long time back) I have take off the spacers now and car looks really good when its down to earth. Also tested the car, it’s not rubbing to the speed breakers in the city.
Old 23rd September 2009, 01:22   #150
BHPian

The Day One Snaps of babe getting gorgeous
Attached Thumbnails
Honda City Vtec-20000 km report - updated to 61500km-pic1.jpg  

Honda City Vtec-20000 km report - updated to 61500km-pic2.jpg  

Honda City Vtec-20000 km report - updated to 61500km-pic3.jpg  

Honda City Vtec-20000 km report - updated to 61500km-pic4.jpg  

Honda City Vtec-20000 km report - updated to 61500km-pic5.jpg  

Honda City Vtec-20000 km report - updated to 61500km-pic6.jpg  

Honda City Vtec-20000 km report - updated to 61500km-pic7.jpg  

Most Viewed