Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2009, 17:11   #166
JRD
BHPian

i agree with everyone here. You need 15inch alloys now. In the mean time do get the wheel arches washed again and put some tyre shine on the rubber. It will make the car look much slicker. Rest of the car looks fantastic.
Old 1st October 2009, 21:16   #167
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayvtec View Post
Yes, Ajit was driving on stock alloys. I will be striking a deal for the alloys in some months.

It was time for renewing the insurance, got her insured for 5.5 L. Finally I have completed 5000 Kms since I bought her.
When you dispose the alloys, remember each one costs Rs 15k brand new
Old 1st October 2009, 21:28   #168
Senior - BHPian

If you want to sell those alloys, I'm in line.
Old 1st October 2009, 22:44   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
And they are fantastic light weight alloys. Not poser crap heavier than steel wheels like most of the stuff in stores these days.
Old 2nd October 2009, 01:18   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
If you want to sell those alloys, I'm in line.
There are many other already in waiting list

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Even if I am changing the Alloys there is no idea of disposing the stock once at any cost. I have still some space left in my room to keep some of the spares, just need to see that my mom won’t spot them

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
i agree with everyone here. You need 15inch alloys now. In the mean time do get the wheel arches washed again and put some tyre shine on the rubber. It will make the car look much slicker. Rest of the car looks fantastic.
I am afraid to use the tyre polish as washing will be a pain. I will try Sonex tyre care and see the outcome.

She will be back to apartment parking and the next upgrade will be in engine bay, need to get some hose re-arranged and other stuffs.. Will update you guys once the work is on.

Had taken the car to Raj few months back and he knew about this car before he looked into it, in fact he was telling me from where the Greddy came in and other things, later came to know that Keshav had spoken to Raj uncle about this car when Ajit had it. The first question that was asked to me about the car was howz the idling? He was able to explain me things at my level so that I can understand them. He asked me to get the car next day and he sorted out the idling issue (this was way back)

Last edited by vinayvtec : 2nd October 2009 at 01:28.
Old 14th October 2009, 14:11   #171
BHPian

It was a great Sunday, whether was cool and Sun was playing hide and seek with the moving clouds.. Had been for a photo shoot with one of my friend early in morning and had committed to watch Wake up Sid with BLB in evening, Had taken the car to Shell for filling the gas, while resetting the trip meter noticed that my babe would be completing 60,000 Kms by just driving few Kms. Picked up BLB at evening and passed GPO and my babe clocked 60,000 Kms. I am very happy that she is getting better day by day.. just paying god to shower some extra Vitamin M so that I can upgrade her to complete stage II setup.
Old 27th November 2009, 02:56   #172
BHPian

Got the fog lamps installed and also got new mesh for the grill.

These photos were taken on a regular camera at 3 AM on Domlur flyover
Honda City Vtec-20000 km report - updated to 61500km-dscn4087.jpg

Honda City Vtec-20000 km report - updated to 61500km-dscn4093.jpg

Honda City Vtec-20000 km report - updated to 61500km-dscn4111.jpg

Honda City Vtec-20000 km report - updated to 61500km-dscn4113.jpg

These photos were taken at 6 AM in Bangalore University Road near SAI, the vapor on car make it look like matt black

Honda City Vtec-20000 km report - updated to 61500km-sdc10593.jpg

Honda City Vtec-20000 km report - updated to 61500km-sdc10595.jpg

Honda City Vtec-20000 km report - updated to 61500km-sdc10596.jpg

I have thought of not bothering about the looks anymore and would be concentrating on the under hood upgrade, hope 2010 will bring some luck to me & some extra power to the car
Old 15th February 2010, 10:59   #173
BHPian

No updates ?
I hope you have not put the car covered up in your garage.
Would like to know how much it cost you for the bodykit and the paintjob
Old 5th May 2010, 05:05   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raviShankar_ View Post
No updates ?
I hope you have not put the car covered up in your garage.
Would like to know how much it cost you for the bodykit and the paintjob
No Buddy, I don't cover my car. I would suggest you to Speak to Yousaf directly as he would be the best person to tell you about the pricing for the bodykit and the painting for the same. His number is 9886545859.
Old 5th May 2010, 05:08   #175
BHPian

Had taken the car to WhiteField Honda for a regular check up last month, called up the service operation supervisor (SOS) & fixed appointment, he told no to come between 13:00 to 14:00 as its lunch break. I left home at 11:30 pickup a friend near Forum and took old airport road n reached WhiteField Honda at 12:30 the service supervisor collected the car and assigned a guy to take the inventory of the car

He gave me the check list and told we need to wait for 2 hrs as technicians have gone for Lunch break, 12:30 & break I agree for 2 hrs and went to customer lounge. They have good leather sofas to rest & TV with remote so that you can watch the channel you wish, they have a computer with internet (you cant access any of the mail sites and social networking sites) there was a snacks vending machine which was not functioning and the two split A/C’s but the cooling, trust me it was not at all working, my friend told he will take a nap by then and settled down exactly below A/C. I was smoked because of the heat and was standing out as there was cool breeze. The service operation supervisor saw me & asked me to sit in lounge, I explained him that the A/C was not working…. He told there is a power outage may due to that…

I asked him “power outage... don’t you guys have generator?” He said he will get it checked and there was no update on that till I left. There was a feed back forum for the customer lounge but no drop Box. They asked me to hand it over to security.

Hours ticked off but still no update on what’s happening, called up the SOS for the update he said technicians will be back by 2 PM and they will check my car and update me, waited till 2:00 PM by taking a walk inside the showroom checking out the V6 Accord n checking out the new Rapid Repair booth which was getting installed for body works.

The Technicians came back from break and the guy who took inventory of my car went missing , tried calling him he said he has gone for lunch and will be back by 3 PM. Waited n Waited finally went to Customer lounge and tried working on the computer, internet was slow as snail. Finally at 4 PM the guy who took the inventory of my car came & took the car to the service area he then told he is waiting for any one of the ramps to get cleared so that they can put my car in that ramp and check. At 4:30 my car went on ramp and the service mechanic started the check up. By 5:00 car was checked and a technical supervisor (TS) was assigned for the road test. While taking the road test supervisor told there is a leak in power steering rack which is not that bad but still can drive without any issue and needs an oil change and a 60,000 Kms service.

TS told the steering rack is not in stock and will be ordered if needed, the land order will take 2 weeks and the air order 3 days (with addition 5% charge of the product value). I agreed for the air order and asked them to generate the quotation, by then I was billed for the general checkup which was Rs.750 and the quotation for the Steering tack was 13,500 excluding the labor. Agreed and told him to get the order placed, while placing the order they told Air orders are accepted only by 3 PM. He told he will once check with body shop and will call me next day n update me on this (I knew this was just a golly)

By the time I left Whitefield Honda it was 6 PM and the traffic had started, took the ORR n got stuck at HSBC signal, by the time I reached HSR by black car has turned into brown in color.
Old 6th May 2010, 03:58   #176
BHPian

I dint receive any call next day, even I dint call them as I had another one expense on my way. My 6600 phone which was with me for 7 years quit working the 4 5 6 series of key stopped responding. Had a very old Nokia flip open at home which served as back up, called WhiteField Honda after a day and asked them for status. They informed they have ordered for 10 steering racks and should be available by 25th. They told to call on 25th and check if the part is available and then schedule the appointment. I dropped the idea of Air order as it was a matter of 2 weeks and agreed to wait.

Messaged the guy who took inventory of my car to check is the steering rack has arrived, that guy replied back saying he in on leave for two days and call the SOS. Called him and asked if the steering rack has arrived, this guy without checking started with color full stories, Sir this is a pretty old car and sourcing the part is an issue, asked him I think you guys made clear that parts are not a issue, but only will be sourced on order and what reasoning you are giving me now? I got pissed and disconnected the call, was about to call Honda One2One and report this issue, but very next minute the SOS called informed, steering racks have come and it’s in truck and not yet cleared the bonding. He told I can drop in any time and leave the car for getting it replaced.

Spoke to the service desk and scheduled appointment for May 29, since I was working in night shift, left office one hour early and reached home by 6 AM. Took dogs for walk n left home by 7:30 AM took the BTM route and reached HRS it was huge traffic jam at 8 in morning. I started early to avoid this but got caught. Reached WhiteField Honda by 8:45 n already 6 cars had come for service. Since there were only 2 guys taking the inventory of cars a technical supervisor took my car’s inventory and there was some noise from speedometer so told him we need to do a road test, He told me to wait for 20 minutes as the staff started coming we went for a test drive, he was a cool guy, I introduced myself and asked since how long he was with Honda and where was he from? He made note of the issues & told me to collect the car on 30th or on 3rd as they are off on May 1st and even on Sunday (but they normally work on Sunday).

Called the service technician on Friday 30th, April for getting the status update on the work, by then they had replaced the Power steering rack and they were checking on the AC knob (which was not getting engaged sometimes) & cooling. He told everything is working fine in AC unit just need to top up the gas. AC is getting engaged only after 1000 RPM and I know that’s because of the idling issue. Even the ECM scan showed all the stuffs are working fine. He told by Monday evening car should be ready for deliver.

Last edited by vinayvtec : 6th May 2010 at 04:08.
Old 7th May 2010, 02:45   #177
BHPian

Called Honda on Monday around 10:30 for checking the status on the service & the main reason to know the Bill amount, they informed service supervisor will call in next 5 minutes and update me & the Service supervisor called within 5 minutes, he told servicing and oil change would be done by evening and I can collect the car after 5:30 n regarding the bill amount he told, he will confirm it by afternoon. Told him I am not willing to pick up the car in evening as I need to drive it back to RR nagar and since it’s raining at evening from past 2 days I don’t want car to get dirty so soon after servicing and told I will pick it up Tuesday at 10 AM. Got call around 4:30 at evening and gave me the bill amount. Left side co-driver’s door handle had issues, when after opening the door the handle was not getting back to its original position and it was getting stuck. I had assumed it was the spring issue but there is a plastic hook kind of a thing which had broke, so asked them to replace even that.

I was scheduled to work on Monday night. I left office at 5 in morning and reached home by 6. I had plans of leaving home by 7:30 (to avoid traffic), took a bus to from there to Marathalli and from there to Whitefiled Honda. The Volvo from my place was available at 8 to ITPL so took that one, ranted through the traffic and reached Marathalli by 10, from there took another bus to Mahadevapura n reached Whitefiled Honda by 10:30. At reception entrance met Customer Service Manager and gave the Inventory check list to the receptionist, she asked me to wait in the customer lounge & told service tech would be contacting me in sometime.

The lounge had some changes. AC was working as I was able to feel the cooling and the snacks vending machine was moved out. They had appointed a lady who was offering coffee, tea and water. Waited for about 20 minutes and there was no update… I was feeling very sleepy as I had not slept. I went to reception to check for update and it was crowded, I went out and I hear a humming sound my car was somewhere around and in 2 minutes it entered the gate (as it was parked at the godown). Last time when Ajit had given the car for service they had broken the reverse sensor, so I was well prepared for checking car completely before taking delivery.

Car entered the gate and I noticed something wired near the number plate (It really pissed me off) the guy who got the car directly took it to washing area. I went behind the car to check what has happened, when I went close there was a big scratch, it was like as if someone had heated a metal and rubbed it on the bumper (I was very frustrated & was fuming) the service technician who has collected my car came and told once the tires are cleaned (there was mud stuck to it) lets go for a road test. I asked service tech how did this happen? He was like what? I showed him the scratch and said his. He had no clue, an inventory guy walks in and says this car was supposed to be delivered yesterday and what’s it doing here till now. I don’t know who the hell he was and why he was speaking like that.

Honda City Vtec-20000 km report - updated to 61500km-05042010032.jpg

I told the service tech I need to speak to the service manager right way, the inventory guy interfered when I was having conversation with service tech & said it might have happened when you left the car (his message hit me very bad) showed him the snaps which I took when I left the car for service and asked him to get the check list and see if the service tech had marked it on the check list. I told the inventory guy to call him manager, by then service tech had called his manager and showed the scratch. Service tech and Manager went a side and then manager came to me and apologized and told they will fix it. Service tech told me not to worry, he will fix it and told me to collect the car in evening, Explained him I need to go home and sleep and report back to work and I can pick it up only tomorrow.

Honda City Vtec-20000 km report - updated to 61500km-05042010033.jpg

Service tech immediately took the car to the rapid repair boot and called an expert from rapid repair to check how long it will take for getting that scratch fixed, the guy at the body rapid repair told it should be done in 2 hrs. That came shocking to me with lot of questions in mind. Asked the rapid repair guy are you sure you need only 2 hrs? And what if the finishing is not proper and will there be any difference in paint and glow on the car? His answer was simple, he told me there won’t be any change nor it will peel off or there won’t be any change in paint n glow. Also he assured if I am not happy with the job, I can leave the car n go and collect it next day and it will rework on it.

They took the car to rapid repair booth and started the work. I went back to customer lounge with lot of questions. I tried to take a nap but was not able to. We can have a clear view of work shop area from customer lounge, took some snaps from customer lounge. A security was staring at me from work shop area when I was taking snaps. Within 90 minutes they said car was ready, the wanted me to check if it’s proper. When I looked at the car it was like there was no scratch at all, there was no color difference and it was looking great. Checked the tools and other stuffs in car and took the car for test drive.

Honda City Vtec-20000 km report - updated to 61500km-05042010034.jpg
Honda City Vtec-20000 km report - updated to 61500km-05042010035.jpg

There are no complaints on the service work on the car, its performing really well and engine is sounding very smooth. I feel car much quicker, AC cooling is good and drive is real smooth. Dropped the service tech at Honda and on way back home I noticed the Subwoofer was not working, they had removed the deck for fixing the AC knob many be that time some connection has got disconnected, will get it checked this weekend. Also Wheel Alignment and balancing needs to be done.

Mods: Please update the 52000 Kms to 61500 Kms on the thread Title
Old 12th May 2010, 23:16   #178
BHPian

Took car out for a drive on Sunday, mom wanted to go to Rajajinagar and later we had plans of going to Mangalore Pearl for dinner, left home at around 4 and was heading towards Malleshwaram & it started raining, turned on the AC and turned the knob to the windshield but still the air was blowing straight to chest. Tried turning the knob to other direction still the same, the air was not getting diverted as & when the knob was rotated. But this was not the case when I had left the car for service at Honda. It was working fine only the leg and chest position was not working, rest all was working fine without any issue. I was pissed off as it was raining and vapors started forming on the windshield. Dropped the glass about 3” and started driving so that the vapors will not form.

Immediately I made up my mind and decided Honda guys were not good for anything else apart from the engine service (mechanical work). Called up my friend Niju, who had got his AC compressor replaced few months back with a best AC technician in the city, explained him the issue I facing n he immediately conference the call with the AC guy, he told to me to drop in any time from Monday to Saturday and they would look into this. I remembered Ajit had told me long time back about this Vasantnagar AC guy.

Called the Whitefiled Honda on Monday & reported the dissatisfaction on the AC service and told this was not accepted by a reputed service center, the lady who spoke to me confirmed I would be called by the service engineer and he would look into this issue. Clock ticked and ticked no call from Whitefiled Honda, by then I had called them 5 times. On Tuesday I again called Whitefiled Honda they apologized and told I would be getting call in 5 minutes but still I dint get any call. Finally it had hurt me spending such huge amount on service and if the work was not done completely…. Called Honda One2One Delhi and escalated the issue and explained them what happened. Within 30 minutes I got call from Whitefiled Honda apologizing for delay in calling it was a customer relations manager, he told I would be contacted by the service technician in 15 minutes and will be explained on this issue.

I was called back in 15 minutes as promised and before I explained the issue the service technician blindly told I need to change the Switch assembly which will cost about 8 grand, I asked him to create the quote and e-mail to me but there was no e-mail. He told since it’s already timed out for placing the order online for the day, he would be calling me on Wednesday 12th for placing the order and he would confirm me the price.

Customer relations manager called me back in an hour to check if I had received the call for the service tech, I explained him it was working when car was left for service and now your service technician is telling I need to change the whole unit, this guy tried explaining me it’s a sealed unit which comes and we can’t get the knob alone, I told him to get me the exact price by creating the quotation. He said its approximately 8 grand, I explained him whenever I used to ask for power steering rack you guys used to tell me 18 grand and when the quotation was generated it was 13.

I had decided before going to Honda, I need to get it checked outside with the best AC technician around and then take a call on whether to order the part. Since the Whitefiled Honda guys had told they would be calling me on Wednesday morning, I went to AC guy at Vasantnagar around 9:50 and asked him to check what has happened, Niju conference the call as I reached the AC guys place and explained him in Malayalam.

The AC technician was about 6 foot 4 inch, looked at the car and first thing what he asked me was, are you going to sell the car? I was like no, I am not, I got it with great difficulty and I am not willing to sell it and that’s the reason why I am getting all the small issues fixed to keep it best shape. He opened the center panel gently & the glove box and he asked his brother to bend down and see what has happened, the plastic hook which holds the AC vent cable was snapped, he showed it and told it’s not something major and he started to fix it. They took a thing string and fixed the positioning cable and checked whether everything was working fine.

The center AC consol is just mad with plastic part it has not got any electronic stiff apart from a coupler for the fan turn on knob, I was shocked to see that Honda guys are charging 8 grand for this whole unit of plastic. I am thank full for the Fast Cool team for fixing the issue and for Niju speaking to him in local language and explaining them. The best part of these guys is they are very clean and gentle in their work. I have seen few people wrestling while opening the consoles and they won’t even have patients to understand how to open a small switch.
Old 26th February 2011, 22:44   #179
BHPian

Re: Honda City Vtec-20000 km report - updated to 61500km

It’s been a while I update my thread nothing great upgrade happening on the car, she is running fine the way she is.

Jan first week an idiot slammed the parked car in Bangalore University, by the time I got to know what happened, the biker just changed his way. Though it was not a major issue it burnt my pocket for someone else mistake.

Honda City Vtec-20000 km report - updated to 61500km-01022011353.jpg

The damage that biker made

Immediately next day took the car to Yousaf and got it back on shape.

Honda City Vtec-20000 km report - updated to 61500km-01042011356.jpg

Honda City Vtec-20000 km report - updated to 61500km-01042011355.jpg

They removed the Bumper to fix the skirting

Honda City Vtec-20000 km report - updated to 61500km-01062011359.jpg

Merging the skirting back to shape

Honda City Vtec-20000 km report - updated to 61500km-01062011361.jpg

Honda City Vtec-20000 km report - updated to 61500km-01072011368.jpg

Honda City Vtec-20000 km report - updated to 61500km-01072011369.jpg

Finally she rolls out of the booth after getting back to shape

On Jan 31th when I returning from car wash, saw a shine black vRs at Koramangala Sony Word Signal, noticed the number it was ending with 00 and took a close look there were team-bhp stickers on the car, with no doubt I got to know it was my cars ex jockey, had a small chat with him at signal and headed towards Ashok Nagar, but the time I took the curve near passport office throttle was getting stuck and was not able to accelerate more than 3000 rpm, parked the car on the road side and tried accelerating n got to know that the throttle cable had snapped, thank god it dint happen it snap in middle of the road, call my mech and he was on stop in 20 minutes (since he stays in HSR) and replaced the throttle cable with an Indian brand which was available. Immediately call WhiteField Honda and checked for the original cable and blocked it for next morning quick service and got it replaced.

The Indian brand cable cost Rs.350

Honda Throttle cable cost Rs.650 & labor Rs.150

After driving down 26kms to White Field Honda on a Tuesday Traffic, I realized that I could have done at Magnum Honda which was just 5 Kms from my house
vinayvtec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2011, 17:59   #180
BHPian

Re: Honda City Vtec-20000 km report - updated to 61500km

After getting the Throttle cable replaced car was bleeding green at parking in cold start and when parked incline (right side up) after checking on the fluid was confirmed it was engine coolant, but was not sure why it was leaking intermediately spoke to some of the guys who called them self as experts & each one had their own explanations also left the car on ramp for one whole day to notice where the leak was from but by then it had stopped leaking Since I was checking on coolant level every time before I drove, it was annoying experience and after the car is moved from parking when the drops of coolant used to dry up it used to leave a green stain and family used to question what’s wrong with the car. Finally though not to experiment like mad scientist & called up Honda to check on Radiator, as usual the part was not in stock and asked them to get it air shipped and was ready to pay 10% more for air shipping. By then I had checked locally and the new Radiator was costing about 4 grand and Radiator servicing was about 2 grand, Honda quoted me 8 grand for radiator and 1.5 grand for Radiator oil and I was okay with that and gave go signal. Waited for 3 days no response from Honda followed up for about 15 days and then was carried over by Thar finally the day came where my uncle wanted Thar back as his car was sent for service. Called Honda to check whether the part was back in stock the answer was no and they started giving crazy reason like Japan earthquake, Immediately disconnected the call and called Honda one2one and blasted them about the kind of service they are giving, they asked for 24 Hrs and next day I get a call from WhiteField Honda saying Radiator had arrived , got the Radiator replaced and the total bill was about 11 grand, 8 for Radiator 1.5 for 5 Ltr Radiator Oil and 1 grand labor, the remaining was for clutch play adjustment and for checking on roof light.

I could have got the existing radiator service but that was taking 2 days and I was not ready to leave my car in any service center apart from Honda and even the quality of work cannot expect like Honda. The JC road Radiator for 4 grand, the question was will they fix it properly what If the cooling is not happening properly and if the fans are not turning on? I was not ready to take any emotional stress on this as I was already on some other stress.

After getting the radiator replaced at Honda they gave me the old one and the issue was the mesh kind of the material which gets molded on the plastic frame of radiator had disconnected, maybe I will get it fixed and retain it as there is no other issue with that. You know what the Honda parts are getting shipped from Chennai and the box has the address maybe that’s a warehouse where they store the parts for south supply even my steering rack was from same address.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks