Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2017, 01:19   #841
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
I have a peculiar problem in my Fiesta 1.6.

No matter on a gear or idle, my car doesn't go above 5500 rpm and the speed gets stuck too, I have to shift to a higher gear to speed up.

I took the car to FASS and they cleared the code and cleaned the throttle body but the issue was persistent. They are clueless on the issue. Can anybody help?

TIA

There are numerous causes, but I would bet you have one, possibly two broken valve springs. Pop the valve cover and do a thorough visual inspection.

Good luck,
Jeroen
Old 1st January 2018, 16:53   #842
Senior - BHPian

re: My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
I have a peculiar problem in my Fiesta 1.6.

No matter on a gear or idle, my car doesn't go above 5500 rpm and the speed gets stuck too, I have to shift to a higher gear to speed up.

I took the car to FASS and they cleared the code and cleaned the throttle body but the issue was persistent. They are clueless on the issue. Can anybody help?

TIA
Never faced this issue so far, though I rarely get a chance to revv beyond 5500 rpm! Do keep us posted with the developments, after getting it inspected on the lines suggested by other members.

Meanwhile, I got a couple of days off from work, so took off on an 850 kms round trip to Belum Caves and Gandikota Fort. Stayed overnight at a hotel in Proddattur.

The Red Injun performed flawlessly throughout the trip, and the wheel alignment/ balancing and rotation I carried out last month did help in keeping it rock solid even at top speed.

My newly-fitted Fastag also worked like a charm and I have started loving it.

The only minor issue was brake shimmer while braking from higher speeds. It used to shimmer earlier at speeds above 100. but after getting the disks lathed a year ago at Bangalore, things improved drastically, but there is still a shimmer while braking from higher speeds. I think I will ignore it for now, as I rarely get a chance to drive that fast. Moreover I don't trust new rotors from Ford, as those are the ones that started the shimmer right after replacement around 3 years ago.

The car has covered 7750 kms in the past year, the highest so far in a year! I will give it for annual service sometime this month. One item that will need attention is replacement of the left wheel bearing, It was not in stock a few months ago. But even at high speeds, there was nary a whine, but i will still get it replaced, as it felt the vibrations at the service center while manually spinning that wheel after the car was elevated.

Meanwhile, here are a few pictures taken from a desolate road leading to Gandikota Fort.

My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!-img_20171230_105534.jpg

My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!-img_20171230_105530.jpg

My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!-img_20171230_105527.jpg

My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!-img_20171230_105524.jpg

My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!-img_20171230_105512.jpg

Last edited by mobike008 : 2nd January 2018 at 09:52. Reason: Please avoid discussing high speeds. Thanks!
vnabhi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 10:04   #843
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
The Red Injun performed flawlessly throughout the trip, and the wheel alignment/ balancing and rotation I carried out last month did help in keeping it rock solid even at top speed.My newly-fitted Fastag also worked like a charm and I have started loving it.Meanwhile, here are a few pictures taken from a desolate road leading to Gandikota Fort.
Nice trip there Venu

What is the process of getting Fastag and what is it's validity?

Is that desolate road beyond the Canyons near the windmills?

Hope you visited that stretch as it gives fantastic views of the entire landscape from that point. Couple of pictures from our visit a few months ago
Attached Thumbnails
My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!-img_2158.jpg  

My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!-img_2163.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 10:23   #844
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Nice trip there Venu

What is the process of getting Fastag and what is it's validity?

Is that desolate road beyond the Canyons near the windmills?

Hope you visited that stretch as it gives fantastic views of the entire landscape from that point. Couple of pictures from our visit a few months ago
Thanks for the pictures and comments, Avi. It was your trip that inspired me. I really love such desolate places that has spectacular views!

The pictures i posted are from the stretch between Haritha Resorts and Jammulamadugu. I wanted to venture into the Windmills lane, but co-passengers dissuaded me as they were already tired and wanted to get back to Hyderabad before dark, as they had to visit an ENT clinic the same evening.

As regards Fastag, I applied through my Paytm account. It took around 3 weeks to reach me, as there were niggles with Paytm in September. But I believe it is faster now. It is valid forever. I don't remember how much I paid, but I think it was Rs 300. of which Rs 150 was for the tag. Details are on the Fastag thread.
Old 17th January 2018, 20:29   #845
BHPian

My 1.6 is nearing 10 years as well, on 30th March 2018 to be precise. I had a minor run in with a Beat. He braked too suddenly in traffic and I was a little bit distracted. Ended up with a dent on the bumper and a minor crack in the headlamp. His bumper was a bit dented too. Had to replace the headlamp and repainted the bumper and all is good now except the two headlamps are not aligned anymore. Need to fix that at next service or so. Other than that nothing much to update. Odo is at 1,18,400. Car continues to feel tight and peppy and no rattles. Recently completed a 1200 km round trip. Car felt good except for the stiffness on bad roads. Since most of my travel now is on not so good roads I sometimes think of getting a second car which handles bad roads better. That and the poor mileage . I am getting an average of 12.

Almost forgot. Stopped for a fruit juice somewhere today and I came back to see a group of people looking at the car. I thought something had gone wrong and maybe I got a flat or something but the answer made me truly happy. They were just admiring the car. I told them the age and the odo reading and they were dumbfounded. Really goes to say that if you maintain a car well and carefully there is no reason it shouldn't make you happy years down the line.

Last edited by rohitnp : 17th January 2018 at 20:35.
rohitnp is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st January 2018, 10:12   #846
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitnp View Post
My 1.6 is nearing 10 years as well, on 30th March 2018 to be precise.

Since most of my travel now is on not so good roads I sometimes think of getting a second car which handles bad roads better. That and the poor mileage . I am getting an average of 12.

Wow, looks like your car is a year younger than the Red Injun, but has munched almost double the miles! BTW, what colour is your car?

Nice to know that your accident was minor. Do get the headlamps aligned, instead of waiting till the next service.

If you're getting 12 kmpl, i don't think that can be called poor FE. Mine averages to around 11.5 in Hyderabad. And I get the same FE on my F10 WagonR! So I wonder if you are looking for a diesel, when you say you want a car with better FE?

The answer to why people were staring at your car is probably because they've got sick of the new compact sedans that have hideous designs. Seeing a neatly-designed car is like spotting an oasis in a scorching desert!
vnabhi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th January 2018, 17:41   #847
BHPian

He he.. what you say about the design is true. Classic car shapes don't come out anymore. About the FE, what I mean is that this being an older design and more powerful engine it can't keep up with lighter cars like the Baleno which gives an impressive 18-19 kmpl on highways. Given the amount of kilometers I clock it does make a big difference especially as fuel prices are going up up and away ! But my running is not high enough to warrant a diesel engine. I will get down to the headlamps. The engine is giving misfires recently at low rpms. Need to get it checked.

Here's a picture from a recent sunday solo drive of around 100 kms to some of my favourite temples.
My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!-img_0108.jpg
rohitnp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2018, 23:02   #848
BHPian

Average FE of 12? I only got it once when driving with utmost care. I usually get 9.5-10 in Goa with not so much traffic.
akshay380 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2018, 17:57   #849
BANNED

It is really nice to see that the Fiesta (Fiz) still commands a good following! My 1.6 S is still silken smooth in its tenth year and is around the 65000 km mark now. I spent Rs 40k six months ago for a full service, clutch replacement and a host of small jobs.
It is surprising to see that a sturdy car like the Fiesta doesn't have a great resale value. Used car dealers have them listed for a lakh or so.
May we be blessed to keep our Fizs in good shape till their fifteenth year.
fiestarry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2018, 23:25   #850
Senior - BHPian

I recently noticed the left headlamp weak on low beam. Then I was off for a week to Cambodia. On my return, I found both headlamps had conked off in low beam, leaving me with the option of using only the high beam or the parking lamps with fogs.

I mostly used the latter during my return from work around midnight for the past week. Meantime I looked for options to replace the low beam H7s.. Most users recommended Osram Nightbreakers. Per Amazon, they cost Rs 1500, but I was not sure if that was the price for a single bulb, or a set of two. When I posted a query, the seller responded saying only single bulb, though others said it is a set.

I felt Rs 1500 was too costly for a single bulb, so i visited my local accessories guy this evening. He fished out one spare Phillips H7 from my First Aid box, and put an Osram on the other one. It was quite a tedious process to replace both lamps, and it took nearly an hour. The front grill had to be opened for getting proper access to either lamp. The single Osram cost me Rs 700.

I will update this thread with the results. As for now, they look good.

Last edited by vnabhi : 19th February 2018 at 23:26.
vnabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2018, 13:50   #851
BHPian

It's 1500 for 2 bulbs. You need to make sure the listing says "duo box".
I recently bought NBU for the low beam on my Fiesta as well, as my left one had conked off. Unfortunately, it turns out the socket holder/adapter has burnt and melted off. I'm not able to read the wattage on the old bulb, but it would appear that the previous owner had put high power bulbs, and the heat caused the holder to melt. Now, Metro Ford said just the holder isn't available and the whole headlight assembly needs to be replaced for that one part.
SA himself suggested to check for the part outside.
Any Bangalore bhpians here, who know of a place to source the bulb socket in Bangalore?
Attached Thumbnails
My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!-img_20180227_123854.jpg  

Rohan24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2018, 14:05   #852
BHPian

Can anyone help me with some shop in Bangalore specifically in North Bangalore around KR Pura/Kalyan Nagar/Hebbal to get Arm Rest fitted for my Ford Classic?
Old 27th February 2018, 23:49   #853
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohan24 View Post
It's 1500 for 2 bulbs. You need to make sure the listing says "duo box".
Yes, Amazon does list is as 'Duo box'. But surprisingly the seller himself responded to my question on Amazon saying it is a single bulb!

Quote:
Metro Ford said just the holder isn't available and the whole headlight assembly needs to be replaced for that one part.
SA himself suggested to check for the part outside.
Any Bangalore bhpians here, who know of a place to source the bulb socket in Bangalore?
That's sad to know. Replacing the whole assembly is daylight robbery! Ford India keeps talking about cheap maintenance and child parts, so why not shoot out a mail to Ford MD?
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2018, 23:58   #854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post

That's sad to know. Replacing the whole assembly is daylight robbery! Ford India keeps talking about cheap maintenance and child parts, so why not shoot out a mail to Ford MD?
I got a pair of connectors from JC Road for 500. Seems quite steep but I was just happy that I don't need to replace the whole headlight.
Installed the connectors and still the left headlight isn't working, with a brand new bulb. There could be foul play, I'm not sure, as the guy who installed it started saying the bulb is kaput and he can get me a new one. I'll go to FASS tomorrow and show them.

On a side note, the guy was asking me to buy 90/100W bulbs. When I told him a relay will be needed for it, he said "No need for relay and all, I'll make a relay here and give."
Is it true that for headlights with separate high and low beam bulbs, relays are not available? Seemed like a load of baloney to me.
Old 28th February 2018, 01:03   #855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is it true that for headlights with separate high and low beam bulbs, relays are not available? Seemed like a load of baloney to me.
I'd still advise going for a relay. As for me, i'd stay away from higher wattage as they might affect the reflectors. I've read about Figo owners complaining.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks