Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2017, 15:26   #781
BHPian

re: My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I've put Amaron on the Fiesta as it was cheaper than Motorcraft, and it also had a 4 year warranty. The battery will be 5 years this June, and it is doing fine. I don't expect it to be changed for the next 6 months. But the only issue with non-Ford batteries is that the plastic cover on the positive terminal does not sit tight. Not an issue if you ask me. For a picture, please refer to post 647 of March 23rd last year on this thread.
Can you tell which model of AMARON you used for your fiesta?

Last edited by GTO : 12th June 2017 at 10:38. Reason: STRICTLY no SMS language please
Old 28th March 2017, 16:53   #782
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibin View Post
Can you tell which model of AMARON you used for your fiesta?
Don't remember the model as I bought it in June 2012. But it was the one for Ford Fiesta petrol with a 2 year guarantee and a 4 year warranty.

Last edited by GTO : 12th June 2017 at 10:45. Reason: Quoted post edited
Old 4th April 2017, 13:48   #783
BHPian

Quote:
Do you guys think my classic's battery issue due the reason that im not using it on a daily basis? If I switch it ON daily and raise for few mins will the issue solve for now?
Sorry about the delay. I have noticed that when not using the car regularly, the battery performance degrades. Like there is a longer crank time. There was a time when I left the car idle for couple of weeks while on the OEM Motorcraft. And thats when I felt the battery performance degrade and eventually I changed it.
The Amaron one I use is FLO, if I remember it right.
Old 5th April 2017, 17:56   #784
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
Sorry about the delay. I have noticed that when not using the car regularly, the battery performance degrades. Like there is a longer crank time. There was a time when I left the car idle for couple of weeks while on the OEM Motorcraft. And thats when I felt the battery performance degrade and eventually I changed it.
The Amaron one I use is FLO, if I remember it right.
+1 to your views on battery performance degrade owing to irregular use.

Now that you've mentioned the name, even mine is Amaron FLO.
Old 5th April 2017, 18:01   #785
BHPian

Quote:
+1 to your views on battery performance degrade owing to irregular use.

Now that you've mentioned the name, even mine is Amaron FLO.
Once again I'm planning to go with Motocraft as the dealer told that it will be easy for them to support for extened warranty claims and there are chances that dealers can reject the claims under warranty if we are not using the recommended battery by Ford.seems it's less expensive than Exides or Amarons, however the longevity is also lesser while comparing.
4000 is the rate and if you give back old battery they will give discount of 500 rs. Now some summer camp is going on and will get 1000 rs buy back on old battery. So effective price will be 3000 for new motocarft batteries.

Don't want to take a chance on extended warranty
Old 5th April 2017, 18:04   #786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Once again I'm planning to go with Motocraft as the dealer told that it will be easy for them to support for extened warranty claims and there are chances that dealers can reject the claims under warranty if we are not using the recommended battery by Ford.seems it's less expensive than Exides or Amarons, however the longevity is also lesser while comparing.
4000 is the rate and if you give back old battery they will give discount of 500 rs. Now some summer camp is going on and will get 1000 rs buy back on old battery. So effective price will be 3000 for new motocarft batteries.

Don't want to take a chance on extended warranty
If it is less expensive, then grab it. When I paid Rs 4600 for my Amaron, the one from Ford was around 5200, and the warranty period for the battery was only for 2 years.
Old 5th April 2017, 18:10   #787
BHPian

Quote:
If it is less expensive, then grab it. When I paid Rs 4600 for my Amaron, the one from Ford was around 5200, and the warranty period for the battery was only for 2 years.
Still a bit confused whether I shall change it not now cz though it showed issues with starting one day. Post that it's going good and everyday I'm getting started and get the idling done for sometime if not using and the batteries are just 2.5yrs old !!
Old 5th April 2017, 20:32   #788
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Still a bit confused whether I shall change it not now cz though it showed issues with starting one day. Post that it's going good and everyday I'm getting started and get the idling done for sometime if not using and the batteries are just 2.5yrs old !!
If you're using it only for city commute, you can avoid replacing it till it dies. In that case ,you can always call batterybhai or others to come to your rescue.

Starting and idling is not enough, please take it for a 10 km spin every Sunday.

By the way, with your kind of usage, I'm surprised you bought a diesel car. A petrol would have been a more apt option.
Old 5th April 2017, 20:50   #789
BHPian

Quote:
If you're using it only for city commute, you can avoid replacing it till it dies. In that case ,you can always call batterybhai or others to come to your rescue.

Starting and idling is not enough, please take it for a 10 km spin every Sunday.

By the way, with your kind of usage, I'm surprised you bought a diesel car. A petrol would have been a more apt option.
I majorly do long rides (mostly between Bangalore-Kottayam) with the car and in 2.5 years it has clocked 46,000 kms which I think is doing justice to my selection of Diesel car.
Do you still feel that was a wrong choice?
Bibin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2017, 21:07   #790
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I majorly do long rides (mostly between Bangalore-Kottayam) with the car and in 2.5 years it has clocked 46,000 kms which I think is doing justice to my selection of Diesel car.
Do you still feel that was a wrong choice?
Holy Molly, that is one heck of a usage! I was misled by your post that it was lying idle for weeks.

My Figo tdci has churned 57000 kms in 4.5 years, but that is far less than yours!
Old 5th April 2017, 21:20   #791
BHPian

Quote:
Holy Molly, that is one heck of a usage! I was misled by your post that it was lying idle for weeks.

My Figo tdci has churned 57000 kms in 4.5 years, but that is far less than yours!
Ha ha ha.

But yeah at some point of time it lies idle for a week or 2 continuously with just switching on the engine and pushing the pedals for few minutes without getting it out of the porch! which I think is the reason behind this nature of battery.

Quote:

I seriously dont like to drive in Bangalore city as there is no point in you alone following all rules and properly maintaining the safety of your own car, others (majorly autos and taxi guys) on the road should have some minimum sense so as to keep our car in good condition, after few incidents of getting minor hits and scratches from these senseless people I stopped taking it out in regular city traffic.
and I enjoy taking it out on the highways !!!

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 19th April 2017 at 06:54. Reason: back to back posts merged
Old 5th April 2017, 21:28   #792
Senior - BHPian

I share your aversion for driving in city traffic. But I've used my Fiesta for a month in Bangalore last November, and my Figo (now with my daughter in BLR) on many occasions. I've mostly driven on the route from Domlur to Whitefield. Though density of traffic is appalling at some points, I found bikers being more disciplined in Bangalore than in Hyderabad.

By the way, the stock battery that came with my Fiesta lasted for 5.3 years, but the one on the Figo lasted only for 3 years. I suspect Ford's battery quality has dropped in recent years. I've replaced the Figo's battery in Oct 2015 with Motorcraft, so let me see if this one dies too in 3 years!
vnabhi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 08:57   #793
BHPian

Quote:

With the summer camp offer I took my car for free checkup and asked them to check the battery specifically and they found that 2 cells were corroded, so I got the battery changed with a new Motocraft one itself from Kairali Ford. Got it for Rs.2982 which is inclusive of all taxes and zero labour charges which I think is a descent deal.
Old 12th April 2017, 11:16   #794
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
With the summer camp offer I took my car for free checkup and asked them to check the battery specifically and they found that 2 cells were corroded, so I got the battery changed with a new Motocraft one itself from Kairali Ford. Got it for Rs.2982 which is inclusive of all taxes and zero labour charges which I think is a descent deal.
That's a fantastic deal! How many years is the warranty? And what was the price without discount?
Old 13th April 2017, 11:58   #795
BHPian

Quote:
That's a fantastic deal! How many years is the warranty? And what was the price without discount?
They told the warranty is just for an year only

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks