Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2016, 11:21   #631
BHPian

re: My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!

Been following this thread for a while. Had a fiesta 1.4 2008 model and sold it off in 2012 when running increased and got a used manza qjet. Now have the manza and a 1.5 year old ritz. The ritz doesn't seem to cut it for me and I'm yearning for the fiesta. And that has increased since I saw the old car in pretty good condition. Still owned by the guy who i sold it to and he has low running. And still seems in pretty good shape. I'm thinking of selling the ritz and seeing if the guy can be persuaded to sell the fiesta back to me. Doesn't seem like a logical decision to sell a 1.5 year old car to get a nearly 8 year old car. Opinions? Supposing I do get the car, what would the stratergy be to make sure it's in good condition for some more years?
Old 14th March 2016, 15:00   #632
Senior - BHPian

I just remembered that it was 9 years ago when I took delivery of the Red Injun. How time flies!

The car still drives as good as day 1, and continues to excite whenever I am behind the wheel. It looks new too.

The odo today stands at 55178 kms. The usage has dropped after I availed VR in December, but is being used occasionally for airport runs, or to go to my old employer to complete some formalities. It was the Bangalore Tirupati run in Jan that added 1725 kms to it. However, I cannot help sneaking out around 3 to 4 times a week just for the heck of it. I hope to use it more often soon after I find a new job, as sitting idle has become boring, though it was initially nice.

This is one of the best products from Ford India. Sad to know that most people have bought the diesel version. Poor guys do not know what they've missed!
vnabhi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 20:34   #633
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I just remembered that it was 9 years ago when I took delivery of the Red Injun. How time flies!
Congrats on completing 9 years with the car! Wishing you many more years of happiness with it. Thanks to your thread and the PM, I ended up with a Titanium in Dec 2014. Have completed 13500kms in a year and 2 months. Loving every minute of owning the car!
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 21:18   #634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Congrats on completing 9 years with the car! Wishing you many more years of happiness with it. Thanks to your thread and the PM, I ended up with a Titanium in Dec 2014. Have completed 13500kms in a year and 2 months. Loving every minute of owning the car!
Thank you for your wishes. And congratulations to you! Have you started any ownership thread?

And 13500 kms in 15 months shows that you're putting it to good use. Wish you a long and happy ownership.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 21:59   #635
BANNED

My Fiesta is 07 years and 53k km old...sorry new !
The car sounds and performs like new. The scars of battle are proudly worn like a grizzled veteran rather than cloaked like a callow youth.
Headed for an oil and filters change. I think a change of plugs will be a good idea too.
Ford recommends the timing belt change only at 1,20,000 km or 10 years for the 1.6 petrol.
Should I do it now, given that the belt only costs Rs 633 . The tensioner may not need changing.
Also, should I go in for a new AC / alternator belt too?
What about hoses etc? Need I change them pre-emptively or only when they fail i.e the Indian way ?
Fizz owners may kindly guide me here.
Old 15th March 2016, 14:30   #636
Senior - BHPian

@fiestarry---no point changing your timing belt now, till you cross 10 years or 1.2 lac kms. However, do get the tensioner and AC belt etc checked and changed if needed. I've not changed any of those.

Do get the power steering hose checked and changed if needed. Mine was changed FOC by Ford, though the car was out of Extended Warranty, as a goodwill gesture.
Old 15th March 2016, 16:32   #637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is one of the best products from Ford India.
Venu Sir,

Happy retired life (even though you find it boring). Well said about the Fiesta. I fully agree with you. Even now when I sit behind the wheels (officially now my BIL owns it but hey I do take it around for spin) it brings a wide smile on my face. Like the car still recognizes its old master. Driving on the highways is super breeze.

Enjoy the Fiesta.
ghodlur is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 20:49   #638
BHPian

Sir,

Congrats on completing the milestone.

I just can't thank you enough. Your thread went a long way to convince us to get the Fiesta. And the Red Injun touching 9, makes me feel more confident about Toofun, who is not even 1. This thread is really an inspiration. And if I face any hiccups along the way, I know which person to look forward to for help.

Wishing you many more happy and safe miles with the beast.
Quote:

Do get the power steering hose checked and changed if needed. Mine was changed FOC by Ford, though the car was out of Extended Warranty, as a goodwill gesture.
Is this a common problem of the Fizz? Recently, another owner (Fiesta 1.6S/Non-BHPian) reported the same.

Also, did you check out the 'Test Mode' on your car?

Keep revvin'
Neel

P.S: Some pictures would be nice!
Old 15th March 2016, 20:56   #639
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
Sir,

Congrats on completing the milestone.

Is this a common problem of the Fizz? Recently, another owner (Fiesta 1.6S/Non-BHPian) reported the same.

Also, did you check out the 'Test Mode' on your car?
Thanks for your wishes. And yes, the power steering hose was improperly designed in the petrol Fiesta. Not sure if it was rectified in the Classic. If you scroll onto to earlier pages on this thread, i've mentioned about it. There's also a separate thread on the topic of Ford recalling petrol Fiestas to fix the issue.

I haven't yet tested the 'Test mode'. I don't know if it will reset the trip meter to zero when I do that. Also, I can hear many click click sounds in the video posted. Are those occurring when the trip meter is pressed?
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 21:26   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your wishes. And yes, the power steering hose was improperly designed in the petrol Fiesta. Not sure if it was rectified in the Classic. If you scroll onto to earlier pages on this thread, i've mentioned about it. There's also a separate thread on the topic of Ford recalling petrol Fiestas to fix the issue.
Thanks for the info Sir.
Quote:
I haven't yet tested the 'Test mode'. I don't know if it will reset the trip meter to zero when I do that. Also, I can hear many click click sounds in the video posted. Are those occurring when the trip meter is pressed?
There is absolutely no sound while operating it. It's just the noise of clicking the button manually each time to move on to the next mode, manually, that interrupts the video.

The first time I used the 'Test Mode', I myself accidentally reset the trip meter. But if you are careful, you can surely avoid that. Just make sure that you keep the button pressed until you see then odo display goes away and you enter the test mode. Gauge sweep, termed as 'GAGE', is what I get when I first enter the 'Test Mode', followed by LED and others. You can keep the display in the test mode and turn on the engine and drive the car. To turn it off, you just have to press the trip reset button again for a couple of seconds. Before trying this, if you are not confident enough, do note down your trip meter reading, if that is important to you.

I think the 'Test Mode' is the same on the Fiesta and the Classic, there are some slight visual differences between the instrument consoles though.

The 'Test Mode' is present in many Ford cars, globally. BHPian techiecal was the first one who made me aware about this gadget.

Do keep us posted.

Neel
petrolhead_neel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2016, 12:02   #641
Senior - BHPian

Ok guys, here are the pictures I promised. Sorry for the delay, and please excuse the clarity. Baring a few scars and dings, the car still shines as if it is a new one.

My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!-wp_20160317_006.jpg

My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!-wp_20160317_005.jpg

My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!-wp_20160317_004.jpg

My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!-wp_20160317_003.jpg

My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!-wp_20160317_001.jpg
vnabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2016, 14:00   #642
BHPian

Quote:
Ok guys, here are the pictures I promised. Sorry for the delay, and please excuse the clarity. Baring a few scars and dings, the car still shines as if it is a new one.
Absolutely a pleasure to see your car shining like it must have 9 years ago!
toothless is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2016, 16:38   #643
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toothless View Post
Absolutely a pleasure to see your car shining like it must have 9 years ago!
Thank you. I've been meticulous in getting it cleaned. And a year back i'd got it buffed and polished by a professional agency.

By experience, darker colours are difficult to maintain, but when you do, they outshine other cars of lighter texture.
Old 22nd March 2016, 16:49   #644
BANNED

If I can get my Fiesta S to shine like yours, I would have done a good job. I recently got the mechanical work done and the lipstick work is due.
Your care will ensure decades of Fizz in your life !
fiestarry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2016, 17:22   #645
BHPian

Sir, thanks for continuing to be an inspiration and setting the nark for us fellow Fiesta owners to follow, mere mortals we are.

She looks lovely! Can't believe that she is 9 years old! How frequently do you wash her/detail her? Also, any tips on protecting the beige parts of the interior?

The spoiler on your car looks to be absolutely same as the one on our car. But the Ford guys told me that there are differences between the spoiler of the Fiesta and the Classic. Is there a brake light on yours?

Also, when is she due for her next service? Any replacements lined up?

Sorry for so many queries, being a Fiesta owner, I couldn't resist asking. Wishing you lots of more miles and smiles with the Fizz!

Neel

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks