Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2009, 12:44   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Raj-I have all those on my mind. The first shocker was the cladding. The entire set costs Rs 39,000=00 with the dealer.Outside it is not available I believe.You may be able to say.And the point is that the SLE for some 9 L is packed with the claddings and more features like ABS.
Of course ICE is what I am on the lookout for and bull bars I shall get fitted sure.
even if the claddings are available outside, i would not recommend that.
secondly, even when fitted at the dealer, you wont get the finish of a factory fitted one. so i strongly recommend you the SLE, also you get the very useful ABS in the SLE variant.

i wanted to ask you 1 thing: the LX comes with black bumpers. so will your scorpio come with the all new bumper but black in colour or will it come with the older bumper?

Last edited by raj_5004 : 29th March 2009 at 12:58.
Old 29th March 2009, 12:54   #17
Senior - BHPian

congrats on the scorpio, drive safe.

buy a gear lock, an engine imobilizer, an ignition cut switch or fuel supply cut off switch!

its election time in india and SUVs are lot in demand, thieves are doing brisk business, specially the news ones where the owner is still in the celebration mode of the new purchase!
Old 29th March 2009, 14:00   #18
BHPian

New Facelifted Scorpio

Hi Anjan,

Congratulations on your new purchase. I am also on the way to complete the same. Find attached the pricelist I got from my dealer at Hyderabad. He is giving me a Rs. 12500 discount (Corporate discount Rs. 7500 and incidental charges waived worth Rs. 5000). I am going for Diamond White VLX MT BS4 version. Hope this helps.

The only pain is that they are not sure of the BS4 and will take more time. I am also interested to get the delivery by 15th April. Let's see what's there in luck for me.
Attached Files
File Type: xls SCORPIO REFRESH.xls (636.5 KB, 1704 views)
Old 29th March 2009, 15:41   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
even if the claddings are available outside, i would not recommend that.
secondly, even when fitted at the dealer, you wont get the finish of a factory fitted one. so i strongly recommend you the SLE, also you get the very useful ABS in the SLE variant.

i wanted to ask you 1 thing: the LX comes with black bumpers. so will your scorpio come with the all new bumper but black in colour or will it come with the older bumper?
He will get the new bumpers in blackish/grey. Agree with not getting the claddings. Its almost useless in anycase. Agree with the security fitments - get them all if you can - but get the gear lock right away. See Xenos Technologies Ltd. if you want to know where to get them.
Old 29th March 2009, 18:08   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks gemithomas (lets see who's first here. I have your best wishes), kb100,adheesh (I'll keep your suggestion on my mind),HappyWheels,RedLiner (congrats to you too hope you get it soon-do post pictures and keep the suggestions coming),flyingspur, anupmathur (A Scorpioist),itwasntme(they quoted the painted cladding-grlle price), Parm, sudipta (thanks for the excel sheet.Maharashtra Road Taxes are @ 7 % so works out a bit cheaper. Its good that your dealer gave a hefty discount ) and Raj (thanks for your suggestions keep them pouring. The bumpers are from the new facelift job with those new fog light fitment slots ).

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 29th March 2009 at 18:10.
Old 29th March 2009, 18:22   #21
Senior - BHPian

anjan, congrats on your new SUV mate, your riding changed from dzire to scorpio, anyways i would suggest though its 1 lac more on your budget, its always better to opt for company fitted side clads with SLE model which would also give you ABS in it, just a suggestion. Keep updating.CHEERS!!
Old 29th March 2009, 22:51   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
anjan, congrats on your new SUV mate, your riding changed from dzire to scorpio, anyways i would suggest though its 1 lac more on your budget, its always better to opt for company fitted side clads with SLE model which would also give you ABS in it, just a suggestion. Keep updating.CHEERS!!
Thanks vijay -the SLE is not within my budget this time. Wanted the MHawk and just scraped in. Your suggestion and also Raj's for the SLE is quite OK but since I am not taking any loan thats what my budget stretches upto ! Will keep you posted here on the developments.
Old 29th March 2009, 23:19   #23
BHPian

Anjan,

Congrats on the new M & M Scorpio. Sure you must be excited and counting the days for Delivery.

So it comes with out the claddings huh. I kind of like that looks as well. If you look up Scorpio owners pic thread, I saw one or 2 Scorpio LX versions with no claddings.

Congrats again buddy!
Cheers,
Jai.
Old 29th March 2009, 23:30   #24
BHPian

even the m2di scorpio has the new bumpers & new grill but comes without the cladding and scoop.
Old 30th March 2009, 19:08   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Jai (nevertouchme), yes really excited about it.Music system is my first priority. Then will come down to other essentials.The dealer also said that they take 3 days to fit the claddings.
Old 30th March 2009, 20:05   #26
Senior - BHPian

if the claddings are fitted at the dealer, take care that they are press fitted properly. else water may seep through the gaps & the accumulated water may rust the entire panel.
Old 30th March 2009, 20:09   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Anjan, can you please tell us "why" exactly are you insistent on the claddings? It costs a lot so would love to hear your purpose of fitting them.
Old 30th March 2009, 20:18   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Anjan, can you please tell us "why" exactly are you insistent on the claddings? It costs a lot so would love to hear your purpose of fitting them.
maybe for the 'tough SUV' look which i feel is right. claddings do improve the scorpio's looks to quite an extent. but as i said, getting them fitted at the dealer is not a good idea. firstly, they will hand-drill numerous holes in the body, then paint the black cladding to anjan's colour choice (which will again not have the finish of the factory fitted one) and finally screw it to the body.

anjan, point to note here is that, once you get the claddings fitted, you cannot remove them if they give you trouble. if you remove them, it will expose lots of holes in the body.
Old 30th March 2009, 20:20   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
maybe for the 'tough SUV' look which i feel is right. claddings do improve the scorpio's looks to quite an extent. but as i said, getting them fitted at the dealer is not a good idea. firstly, they will hand-drill numerous holes in the body, then paint the black cladding to anjan's colour choice (which will again not have the finish of the factory fitted one) and finally screw it to the body.

anjan, point to note here is that, once you get the claddings fitted, you cannot remove them if they give you trouble. if you remove them, it will expose lots of holes in the body.
I agree with this, now that I know that they will be drilling holes. I would like to avoid that. I would also invest that 30k I save on claddings on good quality sun film, alloys, and a nice music system. Think hard Anjan, if its just cosmetic, avoid it like a rash on your neck this summer.
Old 30th March 2009, 22:44   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

RedLiner and Raj- thats exactly what I am contemplating.The SUV can be minus the claddings. Fitting it was only an option like Raj says for the tough SUV looks.But as OE its fine with the M&M warranty for body rust.
I am told that they drill 200 or more holes after which they try to get the claddings affixed. And the water/moisture seepage problem will always be a factor to watch out for.
So presently, I can safely bid adieu to the idea of fitting these.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks