Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2009, 17:55   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipta View Post
Hi All,

Can someone please guide me on the brand of tyres that comes as an OEM with the new Scorpio?

My friend's Scorpio (2years old) has JK Elanzo as OEM. What are they providing in the recent times?
I was appalled to see the OE JK Elanzo fitted on some Scorpios at the showroom. They said Bridgestone and MRF are also available.
I have told them to get me anything but JK as I heard a lot of compalints about the JK tyres.
Old 7th April 2009, 19:21   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
I was appalled to see the OE JK Elanzo fitted on some Scorpios at the showroom. They said Bridgestone and MRF are also available.
I have told them to get me anything but JK as I heard a lot of compalints about the JK tyres.
i got bridgestones in mine.
Old 7th April 2009, 19:58   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anjan, you better follow up on this. They'll tell you at the last minute that your car came with JKs and they cannot change the tyres as the serial numbers of the tyres are noted at the factory for each vehicle.
Old 7th April 2009, 20:35   #64
BHPian

Do we have any control on the tyres that comes with the vehicle? I mean can we ask them to give us a particular brand? If yes, at what point should we mention that and get a commitment from the dealer?
Old 7th April 2009, 21:30   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipta View Post
Do we have any control on the tyres that comes with the vehicle? I mean can we ask them to give us a particular brand? If yes, at what point should we mention that and get a commitment from the dealer?
Maybe you can choose the vehicle from the 'lot' that arrives at the dealer's yard. But the chances are that the whole lot will come with the same brand of tyres.
My case was bad. The 4WD is made to order and mine arrived with JK tyres. However, I had already decided to fit Pirelli Scorpion STRs and had taken those tyres with me on the delivery day.

As an afterthought, how about telling the dealer now itself that you'll cancel if the tyres are JK?!

Last edited by anupmathur : 7th April 2009 at 21:36.
Old 7th April 2009, 22:45   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks anup,raj and sudipta for the feedback. Its better as you say anup if we tell the dealer that it should be a tyre of our choice or else its cancellation. My dealer has accepted that it shall be according to my choice but the agreement is oral.
sudipta definitely we can choose our tyre. Maruti and Hyundai are known to oblige but they get huge lots of cars and there's a wider choice.Scorpio buyers are less and only a few SUV's come at a time.
Old 8th April 2009, 17:08   #67
BHPian

Anjan,
The other part that you might have to look for is the odo reading, your Scorpio will have 700+ kms on the odo ;-), make sure its not more than that, they drive it from Nashik.

-Pramod
Old 8th April 2009, 18:38   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Anjan,
The other part that you might have to look for is the odo reading, your Scorpio will have 700+ kms on the odo ;-), make sure its not more than that, they drive it from Nashik.

-Pramod
Is it so pramod? I thought they transport these by truck.Thanks for the information, I 'll surely check it.
Old 8th April 2009, 18:50   #69
Senior - BHPian

Scorpios for Delhi are sent by truck.
Mine had 43 kms on the odo, at delivery.
Old 8th April 2009, 19:25   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

True anup because this dealer told me that they receive four of these every week by truck. So I had that kinda idea. But also have to be careful if we go by what pramods says.
Old 9th April 2009, 12:29   #71
BHPian

At least this was true six month back, I checked almost all the Scorpio there in the stock yard[9 Scoprio] and most of them had 700-750 and few of them 800. Then for Maharashtra state Scorpio where driven to the destination, if this has changed then well and good, nothing harm is just going to the stock yard of Unnati motors, have a look at the Scorpios there and figure out.

-Pramod
Old 9th April 2009, 12:56   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
At least this was true six month back, I checked almost all the Scorpio there in the stock yard[9 Scoprio] and most of them had 700-750 and few of them 800. Then for Maharashtra state Scorpio where driven to the destination, if this has changed then well and good, nothing harm is just going to the stock yard of Unnati motors, have a look at the Scorpios there and figure out.

-Pramod

Suprising to see cars driven between cities (instead of transporting in truck) and giving delivery with 700+ kms. I dont know if any manufacturer is doing that at any location.

BHPians at hilly areas, is it is true for your place as well ?
Old 9th April 2009, 19:07   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Suprising to see cars driven between cities (instead of transporting in truck) and giving delivery with 700+ kms. I dont know if any manufacturer is doing that at any location.
BHPians at hilly areas, is it is true for your place as well ?
What pramods says is quite true.We still see Mahindra Boleros and Bolero Campers,Maxx's, Savaris,Majors being driven by road to their destinations. These are still sighted on National Highways.
The Xylos and the Scorpios may have been lately spared from that uncalled for endurance test.
Do the company appointed drivers who ferry them stick to the precautions that go with the running in period?
Old 9th April 2009, 19:20   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do the company appointed drivers who ferry them stick to the precautions that go with the running in period?
I'd have no reason to believe they do!
Aren't we like that only?!!
Old 9th April 2009, 19:30   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Desirable Accessories ?
Would like to have your suggestions for fitting desirable and practical accessories.The LX comes with almost no accessories.However the dealer who is not giving me any discountwhatsoever, has agreed to provide rubber matting costing Rs 1100=00.
The other accessories on my wish list are:
(1) fog lamps -the revamped Scorpio has triangular shaped fog lamps. Though the dealer has not yet received spare fog lamps. These cost about Rs 2200 for a pair.
(2) steering cover- leather which is quite soft to handle and gives a chic interior feeling.
(3) wheel caps- the dealer has original Mahindra wheelcaps.The aftermarket accessory shops sell the set of four for Rs 500-600. Is it advisable to go for the ones supplied by the dealer that cost maybe Rs 1000 plus? If they are of a better quality I will definitely go for them.
(4) sunfilm- researched the market.These are very essential in our climatic conditions.V kool is too costly @ Rs 12000 or so. Find the premium Garware costing Rs 1800 for the Scorpio to be OK.
(5) A good ICE for which there is a thread here on teambhp, on which I am getting some very good suggestions.
(6) seat covers- apart from the matting these are extremely essential. Will get a good aftermarket one fitted.
(7) front windscreen sunfilm- is it desirable and VFM?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks