Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2009, 17:53   #211
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

allow a few scratches to remain - think of them like it is warding off "the evil eye" or for "Dhrishti's" sake.
there are plenty of envious critturs around as I ve found out to my cost! might as well leave the scratches and thus show them that someone has already had a "go" at the vehicle. sad but true of our situation in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabahmad View Post
Correct, I was in nagpur last weekend and Temp are really high but after some light showers and dust stroms in evening brings temp down. Might be in NGP again on 28 or 29.

Scratch's hurts. Well show us the touch up job. You & Red_liner are making me another potential buyer of scorp in near future.
Waiting for more reviews.
Old 21st May 2009, 19:21   #212
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
(1) very true, especially the wheel covers. i have managed to scrape my CRDe's wheel caps quite a lot of times.
(2) i have experienced this, though dint trample it! get a reverse sensor fitted ASAP!
(3) did you like that sound?
(4) after some more kms on the odo, you will confidently push it harder.
(5) i feel its sort of a different machine with the AC off. its revs faster & accelerates better.

waiting!
(1) Raj thats a potential scratch zone- have been too careful but don't know for how long?
(2) Thats a good idea!
(3) The engine grunt and growl is refined,sophisticated,state of the art,thrilling and, and very very CRDe. I feel I am driving a beast when I hear the grunt and growl ! I really miss it with the AC on and the glasses rolled up.
(4) sure Raj, thats inevitable.
(5) There's a very perceptible change in the performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
anjan - ENJOY!
its a great vehicle - and im glad you waited and got the 2.2.
I was dead keen last year but there was no news at the time so I settled for the 2.6 (no regrets) but the 2.2 is the mean new beast which I am sure you will have great fun with.
cheers
Thanks shankar, only to get this refreshed mHawk, I cancelled my nearly matured, Swift ZDi booking. The Refreshed m hawk came along at an opportune moment for me!
Do keep us abreast of your moments with the 2.6CRDe beast!

Quote:
Correct, I was in nagpur last weekend and Temp are really high but after some light showers and dust stroms in evening brings temp down. Might be in NGP again on 28 or 29.

Scratch's hurts. Well show us the touch up job. You & Red_liner are making me another potential buyer of scorp in near future.
Shabahmad thanks for appreciating the beast that it is. If you really decide to, do buy one- I am sure you will never regret your decision. Will put up the scratch touch up job picture very soon!

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 21st May 2009 at 19:27.
Old 22nd May 2009, 12:04   #213
BHPian

A question here ..

My uncle have a 2004 Scorpio Slx .. and I had chances to drive it .What i felt was the thigh support that the seats in Scorpio offers is very much inadequate. The same I felt with back support also ..Somehow I felt the design of the seats is not as good as other brands .

Coming to the new scorpio , is there any difference in this ? Does the seat give amble support ??

cheeeers
Rejoy
Old 22nd May 2009, 15:37   #214
Distinguished - BHPian

Ofcourse. Yu-var ungles scorpio ees yan olde von. New vun ees bettar. Very amble supporting.

Sorry could not resist poking the mallu tickle bone. Yes the seat support is generations ahead in the new one.
Old 22nd May 2009, 15:59   #215
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

yes the new one's are much better.
being a tall person I still have no complaints
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Yes the seat support is generations ahead in the new one.
Old 22nd May 2009, 16:10   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
A question here ..

My uncle have a 2004 Scorpio Slx .. and I had chances to drive it .What i felt was the thigh support that the seats in Scorpio offers is very much inadequate. The same I felt with back support also ..Somehow I felt the design of the seats is not as good as other brands .

Coming to the new scorpio , is there any difference in this ? Does the seat give amble support ??

cheeeers
Rejoy
the older ones had seats supplied by LEAR. they were not that great in comfort. the newer ones are good.
Old 22nd May 2009, 17:50   #217
BHPian

@ red-liner ... ahmmmmmmmmm !! ..
But yea its true mother tongue influence of mallus is very famous .. !! ..

That was one of the things which I felt lacking in Scorpios when compared with Innova ( that being the only vehicle which India has in that price range - not an SUV though ).

Also I feel that the dash , the design of the A/C vents doesnt look classy .. !( personal view ) Somehow the appeal that the exterior of the Scorpio brings to your eyes is not very much carried into its interiors ...

These are some areas which I feel MM should work on...! When they announced the launch of the new Scorpio , I wished that they work on these areas and then provide the
Indian customers a better vehicle ..

cheeeeeers
Old 22nd May 2009, 20:55   #218
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@ red-liner ... ahmmmmmmmmm !! ..
But yea its true mother tongue influence of mallus is very famous .. !! ..

That was one of the things which I felt lacking in Scorpios when compared with Innova ( that being the only vehicle which India has in that price range - not an SUV though ).

Also I feel that the dash , the design of the A/C vents doesnt look classy .. !( personal view ) Somehow the appeal that the exterior of the Scorpio brings to your eyes is not very much carried into its interiors ...

These are some areas which I feel MM should work on...! When they announced the launch of the new Scorpio , I wished that they work on these areas and then provide the
Indian customers a better vehicle ..

cheeeeeers
Aha! Then you should read this little tid-bit and let me know what you think over there: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1287792

A lot of the Scorpio owners hate me for writing this. For example, Raj has never even visited that poor thread and spoken.

And sorry about the Mallu thing man...one thing I have got to say is that you folks know how to take things on the back. Older Mallu folks however are quite annoying (like my neighbors who are bugging me about the parking situation at my apartment at 7 am!).
Old 22nd May 2009, 23:10   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
A lot of the Scorpio owners hate me for writing this. For example, Raj has never even visited that poor thread and spoken.

And sorry about the Mallu thing man...one thing I have got to say is that you folks know how to take things on the back. Older Mallu folks however are quite annoying (like my neighbors who are bugging me about the parking situation at my apartment at 7 am!).
who told you i hate you for that buddy?!!!
do you think i would get pissed off if you write something negative about the scorpio? if yes, then you got me all wrong buddy! yes, i do debate a lot when it comes to this vehicle, but i do respect everybody's opinion & i would NEVER hold any personal grudges against you for such silly things. and its YOUR vehicle, after all! havent you seen me criticizing mahindra? have a look at my ownership thread, especially the last pages. but yea, i am not so harsh like you!

and about me not visiting that thread, somehow i missed that thread. that thread was not subscribed in my list, maybe thats the reason.

and by the way, even i am a malayalee.......

ena rascala, mind it....

Last edited by raj_5004 : 22nd May 2009 at 23:14.
Old 22nd May 2009, 23:48   #220
BHPian

@ red- liner -- yes i definitely agree with u bro .. its so stunning a vehicle with those alloys in place ( i hate the OEM alloys though ) .. i think the folks with Slx and Vlx would sure be hating their alloys .- though i have heard that they serve their purpose .. !!

But interiors as u said i feel that they are not giving the best to the indian buyer...!
as i mentioned in a post my eagerness to know why they not offering side cladding in the Lx version .(greedy MM ) . !! For a vehicle which is in roads for nearly 6/7 years ..y cant they provide a better designed dash ..!!
Defintely hats off to them for improving the suspension ..the all new lighter 2.2 MHawk engine .... Now its time for them to make their product flawless ...They should defintely need to consider the dash design .. the 2nd and 3rd row seats .. !!..
Wish I had a chance to be with MM ...use my mech fundass that i have almost forgotten to improve a great product of theirs ..

well speaking about WFM and products .. TATAs make attempts ( vista the latest example ) ..

I am sure these would be the most talked about subjects in T bhp .. I am just yelling out my wish to these MM folks around to give their customers the best of SUVs in india ..

about the mallu thing .. ( the one annoying thing that u mentioned ) .. well i wouldnt generalize things ..I would say it varys from person to person and basically owe to a person's attitude ..:-)good and bad are their everywhere...I pray to mallu gods to give them good thoughts .. :-)

@raj .. namaskkaram ..:-)
cheeeeeeeeers !! ..
Old 23rd May 2009, 13:53   #221
Distinguished - BHPian

The Scorpio dash is quite cheap looking and very, very plasticky. Wanna ask M&M as to whether they buy the plastic dashes or the plastics (recycled ?????? ) from the same place from where Tata buys these, for their ACE and Magic?
Fully agree with the view that M&M need to rack their R&D and come out with something better commensurate with the brand equity and slotting of the Scorpio as a premium Indian-made SUV.
Old 23rd May 2009, 14:40   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@raj .. namaskkaram ..:-)
cheeeeeeeeers !! ..
namaskaram cheta...

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
The Scorpio dash is quite cheap looking and very, very plasticky. Wanna ask M&M as to whether they buy the plastic dashes or the plastics (recycled ?????? ) from the same place from where Tata buys these, for their ACE and Magic?
Fully agree with the view that M&M need to rack their R&D and come out with something better commensurate with the brand equity and slotting of the Scorpio as a premium Indian-made SUV.
mahindra has lost it after the first iteration of the scorpio. their styling department has gone berserk, taking the xylo into account too. even i agree that they should have changed the dash design EXTENSIVELY when they launched the scorpio refresh. the dash is not so bad, but its not good either! i like the steering wheel a lot & there are lot of cubby holes here & there. but apart from this, nothing much to speak about. the design is bland, plastics quality is average & the dash is flat!

i like the red-on-black interiors with carbon-fibre finish even more than my beige interiors.
Old 23rd May 2009, 19:54   #223
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
namaskaram cheta...

mahindra has lost it after the first iteration of the scorpio. their styling department has gone berserk, taking the xylo into account too. even i agree that they should have changed the dash design EXTENSIVELY when they launched the scorpio refresh. the dash is not so bad, but its not good either! i like the steering wheel a lot & there are lot of cubby holes here & there. but apart from this, nothing much to speak about. the design is bland, plastics quality is average & the dash is flat!

i like the red-on-black interiors with carbon-fibre finish even more than my beige interiors.
Thats Raj, the Scorpio critic too. Thanks for sharing your views Raj.
Old 24th May 2009, 11:05   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Thats Raj, the Scorpio critic too. Thanks for sharing your views Raj.
+1, I dont think anyone here likes the dash of Scorpio. It just doesnt gives justice for a 11 L car (VLX variant).

Even the gear lever on the Automatic is a big joke. The ones in Santro or i10 has better gear lever.

Mahindra seriously needs to think of interiors for scorpio.
Old 24th May 2009, 13:43   #225
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Here are the ORVM's for viewing.
The first picture shows the injured right side ORVM.
Name:  DSC04005.JPG
Views: 1613
Size:  132.8 KB
This one is the left ORVM which has only a small scratch or two
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc04008.jpg
An American pop group "Hootie and the Blowfish" had an album "Cracked Rear View" (meant a sad bygone past) released in the early 1990's with a lovely song "Let Her Cry".
My right ORVM is a "Scratched Side View", but who's gonna cry?

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 24th May 2009 at 13:44.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks