Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2009, 12:30   #196
BHPian

@Raj
yes the immobilizer was present in the scorpio earlier also but it was based on the nippon security system. Its universally known as keyless entry/security system, the name engine immobilizer is generic to RFID keys. Even now in SLE and VLX variant its present but as you know in addition to that even RFID keys are present

@anjan
you need not worry about the code of the RFID key because every key is unique with different codes by default unlike earlier where the nippon security system in every scorpio had same default code.

In the refresh version only SLE and VLX owners need to change the code for only the nippon security system/remote lock-unlock.
Old 17th May 2009, 22:30   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Raj and Nishant . The dealers are not much aware of the immobiliser's technicalities- thats what appeared to me during the nearly 11 phone calls I made to the company helpline and the dealer. Their ignorance is a bliss for them and a breach of security for we the owners.
Old 18th May 2009, 09:48   #198
BHPian

Anjan from where did you got that duster which help you clean the Scorpio in 10-15 minutes, if you got it from Nagpur, do let me know I need it badly ;-(

-Pramod
Old 18th May 2009, 20:32   #199
Senior - BHPian

where the duster pic?

anjan, still waiting for your japusu duster pics without its cover, when are you showing it mate?? waiting waiting.
Old 18th May 2009, 20:50   #200
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Anjan from where did you got that duster which help you clean the Scorpio in 10-15 minutes, if you got it from Nagpur, do let me know I need it badly ;-(

-Pramod
Pramods the Mahindra dealer Unnati Motors sells these.I got mine from jaika Motors, Civil Lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
anjan, still waiting for your japusu duster pics without its cover, when are you showing it mate?? waiting waiting.
Very sorry Vijay, could not post pictures will do so very soon in a day or two.
Old 19th May 2009, 09:50   #201
BHPian

I will try the Jaika motor, was at Unnati last Saturday did not see any, thanks for the info.
-Pramod
Old 19th May 2009, 10:08   #202
Senior - BHPian

try it online, its available on ebay and they also have their website, do a quick search on google, you will find it.

Anjan, how much you paid for this duster ?
Old 19th May 2009, 22:02   #203
Distinguished - BHPian

Thats the duster for viewing.
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-sonycamv-580.jpg

Name:  sonycamv 579.jpg
Views: 2128
Size:  130.9 KB

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-sonycamv-581.jpg
Old 20th May 2009, 10:36   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Can you clean the duster with water ? I hope it doesnt impact the usefulness of the same. Their website says that it can be washable.

Last edited by tanwaramit : 20th May 2009 at 10:42.
Old 20th May 2009, 12:45   #205
BHPian

Jopasu is a Pune Based product company. I think it is also home grown company.

Anjan: What is the cost of the duster?
Old 20th May 2009, 19:49   #206
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabahmad View Post
Jopasu is a Pune Based product company. I think it is also home grown company.

Anjan: What is the cost of the duster?
As quoted in an earlier post its Rs 475=00 only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Can you clean the duster with water ? I hope it doesnt impact the usefulness of the same. Their website says that it can be washable.
Its washable with a detergent umpteen times, but only recommended by the makers when the duster stops absorbing dust.
Thought it would have better should I have opened a thread on the duster.Or else I fear my thread "My New Refreshed Scorpio" may fade into oblivion and go the way the pop song from Queen "Another One Bites the Dust" made someone bite the dust.And the duster making me bite the dust- no way. I am posting another review of the brute SUV.
Old 20th May 2009, 21:26   #207
Distinguished - BHPian

Continuing the review of my brute SUV, I relish every moment behind the wheel. While driving it, I am perched high up on my mighty seat, looking down at the tiny “other cars and two wheelers” giving me the feeling of being an alpha male. Only a crude encounter with truck or a Tata 407/609/907 or whatever, can deflate my balloon, if ever, that inflates very fast again, when the other beast disappears. Its much like my well kept pet dog, meeting a stray, while I am taking it for a walk, getting its confidence shaken for a while but regaining it back soon after a pat from me.
The turning radius is quite unbelievable for a monstrous sized SUV and would shame many smaller cars that I have driven. But the bulges on the Scorpio are many and you’ve got to care for the footboard, OVRM’s and even the OE wheel caps that bulge on the lower ends. While reversing a two wheeler parked behind your SUV may be missed and it may get the lesson of its life, if trampled upon. And the Scorpio owner may also end up paying insurance claims to the two wheeler owner. Reversing the SUV isn’t cool at all and I have got to look at everything behind me as they exist, before getting in and engaging the reverse gear. Nothing to do here with the 4 headrests, but it’s the sheer height of the SUV makes things tough for me. I am seriously thinking of adding some reversing aids to facilitate my rear moves.
And a thumbs up for the showers that came down here where I live and the lesser temperatures. I experimented and put off the AC, rolling down the driver’s side window glass. The m Hawk grunt and growl is more and more audible to the driver with the glass rolled down. And some gentler turns and twists on the road with the SUV, that I could never imagine during the past one month that I could negotiate in the fifth gear, were all done @50 kmph in the 5th gear. There is an atleast 5 to 10 % increase in the mHawk engine output available to the driver with the AC switched off. I am now getting used to driving without the AC on and testing my Scorpio’s limits, but of course not causing any nuisance to other traffic users. One also feels better connected with the road and its pulse, with the driver’s side window glass rolled down.
Speaking of better connection, I was disconnected with the AC on a few days back and while entering a gate scratched the driver's side OVRM badly. It did'nt break but breaking it would have made poorer by 1400 bucks. Now thats neither broken nor replaced but wounded and affixed there to remind me of that gory incident. I have retouched it with my artistic black touches but "sachaayi chhup nahi sakti banawat ke wasoolo se, ki khushboo aa nahi sakti kagaz ke phoolon se" would be the befitting couplet here. I will post a picture of the retouched OVRM for viewing here soon. More reviews later!
Old 21st May 2009, 09:33   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But the bulges on the Scorpio are many and you’ve got to care for the footboard, OVRM’s and even the OE wheel caps that bulge on the lower ends.
very true, especially the wheel covers. i have managed to scrape my CRDe's wheel caps quite a lot of times.

Quote:
While reversing a two wheeler parked behind your SUV may be missed and it may get the lesson of its life, if trampled upon.
i have experienced this, though dint trample it! get a reverse sensor fitted ASAP!

Quote:
The m Hawk grunt and growl is more and more audible to the driver with the glass rolled down.
did you like that sound?

Quote:
And some gentler turns and twists on the road with the SUV, that I could never imagine during the past one month that I could negotiate in the fifth gear, were all done @50 kmph in the 5th gear.
after some more kms on the odo, you will confidently push it harder.

Quote:
There is an atleast 5 to 10 % increase in the mHawk engine output available to the driver with the AC switched off. I am now getting used to driving without the AC on and testing my Scorpio’s limits, but of course not causing any nuisance to other traffic users. One also feels better connected with the road and its pulse, with the driver’s side window glass rolled down.
i feel its sort of a different machine with the AC off. its revs faster & accelerates better.

Quote:
Speaking of better connection, I was disconnected with the AC on a few days back and while entering a gate scratched the driver's side OVRM badly. It did'nt break but breaking it would have made poorer by 1400 bucks.

Quote:
More reviews later!
waiting!
Old 21st May 2009, 10:38   #209
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

anjan - ENJOY!
its a great vehicle - and im glad you waited and got the 2.2.
I was dead keen last year but there was no news at the time so I settled for the 2.6 (no regrets) but the 2.2 is the mean new beast which I am sure you will have great fun with.
cheers
Old 21st May 2009, 10:50   #210
BHPian

Quote:
And a thumbs up for the showers that came down here where I live and the lesser temperatures.
Correct, I was in nagpur last weekend and Temp are really high but after some light showers and dust stroms in evening brings temp down. Might be in NGP again on 28 or 29.

Quote:
while entering a gate scratched the driver's side OVRM badly. It did'nt break but breaking it would have made poorer by 1400 bucks. Now thats neither broken nor replaced but wounded and affixed there to remind me of that gory incident. I have retouched it with my artistic black touches but "sachaayi chhup nahi sakti banawat ke wasoolo se, ki khushboo aa nahi sakti kagaz ke phoolon se" would be the befitting couplet here. I will post a picture of the retouched OVRM for viewing here soon.
Scratch's hurts. Well show us the touch up job. You & Red_liner are making me another potential buyer of scorp in near future.
Waiting for more reviews.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks