Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2009, 12:30   #121
BHPian

Hi All,

Got the delivery on Friday afternoon. I have opened a new thread on the same.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...e-scorpio.html

Thanks to all of you for your valuable inputs. The White Lady is home and my wife started her driving on this new beast. She is enjoying her first on traffic drive and hope hope she picke it up fast.

Thanks to all once again.

Sudipta.
Old 20th April 2009, 12:38   #122
Senior - BHPian

very good review with some cool pics anjan. Didnt knew the base version without cladding would look that good.Plan for alloys ASAP, cause thats what is missing in this beast.Waiting to see its ICE and other inputs.Keep updating and drive safe.CHEERS!!
Old 20th April 2009, 14:30   #123
BHPian

@anjan. sir i think you should consider fitting the non-body colored side cladding. it will add much character to your ride just like Mr.behram dhabhar's scorpio if i am not mistaking.
Old 20th April 2009, 20:37   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Raj for your views and explanations. Yes, the lesser rear legroom is due to the 2+2 rear benches. Maybe the horn button will soften with use. I tried cleaning the beast this morning with better results.
Thanks tanwaramit the picture postings will go on thanks for liking the review and the pictures.sudipta hearty congratulations -read your new thread too with pictures. Do tell us more.vijay thanks , I am going for the original M&M wheel caps and not alloys now. I may get the wheel caps in a day or two.Also the ICE research and choice is going on. Maybe by this weekend it will be ICED!
nawabnabeel debated a lot about the claddings and could conclude that the dealer fitted claddings are not as chic as the factory fitted ones.So said bye bye to claddings-maybe the next Scorpio I buy will be a SLE/VLX.
Old 20th April 2009, 21:33   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

edited and posted again above Mods request you to delete this post!!

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 20th April 2009 at 21:38.
Old 20th April 2009, 21:37   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

[quote=raj_5004;1267689]
these days the sensors do the working & you will be warned through check lights on the instument console, thats it!

Most present day cars have such sensors and LED's as warning lamps which are OK, but I meant fitment of meters as OE which are more objective and show the exact oil pressure in the engine and the ammeter showing the charging/discharging of the battery.
Old 21st April 2009, 12:51   #127
BHPian

Just for info .. ..
Well Scorpio had a version known as Scorpio Dx which had black / grey side claddings instead of the white ones in GLX/SLE and SLX when the engine was a 2.6 Litre Crde ..!!

Now I am just wondering why have they taken it off ...now only Scorpio LX is there .. and that too without claddings .. definitely Scoropio looks complete only with the claddings ( personally ) ... A customer who is spending over 8 Lakhs ..cant the MM guys provide that basic stuff of cladding .. and from the manufacturing point of view , its just getting a grey cladding purchased ( and they always had one in their DX ).
Of course let it be a grey one so that the guys who spend 9 / 10 lakhs would feel a difference in their SLE and SLX.. ( external looks ) ...

Confused what would be MM s thought behind it ..

I
Old 21st April 2009, 13:43   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
Just for info .. ..

Confused what would be MM s thought behind it ..

I
Duh...to make more money?
Old 21st April 2009, 21:41   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Duh...to make more money?
The M&M marketing guys are becoming smarter.Money and Money is what M&M aim at, if we look at such marketing tactics.
Old 22nd April 2009, 11:27   #130
BHPian

how much did you have to pay for the no. 4040?
Old 22nd April 2009, 15:27   #131
Senior - BHPian

Anjan, I guess the title of the thread should be changed now.
Old 22nd April 2009, 19:33   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawabnabeel View Post
how much did you have to pay for the no. 4040?
thats a best kept secret nawabnabeel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Anjan, I guess the title of the thread should be changed now.
Yes right you are amit-Mods please help by changing the thread title aptly to My New Refreshed Scorpio LX
Incidentally, today I was blessed by the dealer who supplied me with the four M&M original wheelcovers, at my home.I was away with the Scorp and after returning, fitted these within four minutes-one minute each!
Will post pictures with the wheel covers fitted now!
Old 23rd April 2009, 20:28   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

I found this suggestion for Scorpios by a teambhpian in another thread:
"Another useful feature thats good to have on a SUV is the pneumatic assisted bonnet. The hooked rod for holding the bonnet definitely doesnt gel with all the gizmoz inside the car."
I opened the bonnet on a couple of occasions. The bonnet needs real gym toned muscles to get opened.I only thought that the bonnet of my 1955 Landmaster could be the heaviest ever for any Indian car. The Scorpio's bonnet beats it hollow. Hydraulic or pneumatic assist is quite necessary.
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-sonycamv-312.jpg
Old 23rd April 2009, 20:53   #134
Senior - BHPian

Actually looks really nice in this colour. are you planning body colour paint for bumpers? If you are then get it done sooner than later so tha color matching will not be an issue.

Also you can put good wheels caps that will make it look like alloys.
Old 23rd April 2009, 21:22   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Actually looks really nice in this colour. are you planning body colour paint for bumpers? If you are then get it done sooner than later so tha color matching will not be an issue.
Also you can put good wheels caps that will make it look like alloys.
Firstly thanks MPower for changing the thread title.I really like the colour.Planned to paint the bumpers, door handles and grille with the body colour but the dealer said it will take at least 2 days. Was in a hurry to ride the truck.So that was shelved.Am in two minds now. Find that the rear door entry is aiding scratches on the black bumpers, with the shoes on.So am really in double mind -what if the body colour gets scratched and exposes the original bumpers in black? But the front grille,rear number plate light cover and door handles need to be painted-will do that job soon.
I got the original M&M wheel covers yesterday and the SUV looks chic with these on. Will post pictures soon.These cost Rs 3250=00, as opposed to non branded Rs 500=00 to Rs 1250=00.
Remember a Parsi gentleman who lost the four wheelcovers of his 1997 Merc E 220 (W124)in the late 1990's in south Mumbai and lost a cool Rs 25,000=00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks