Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2009, 21:40   #136
BHPian

wow man congrats the new scorpio lx looks cool maybe even better than the top end with cladding and body colored bumpers
all you need is a good set of alloys and cool will become killer looks
Old 23rd April 2009, 22:41   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
wow man congrats the new scorpio lx looks cool maybe even better than the top end with cladding and body colored bumpers
all you need is a good set of alloys and cool will become killer looks
Thanks dockap.I was making a wishlist with alloys on it and maybe sometime soon! ICEing it tops my list. Seat covers(ing), mat(ing) and sunfilming (Garware forget the kind but its the top most quality) have been done-will post more pictures.
Old 24th April 2009, 22:53   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

These days I always prefer taking out the Scorpio over my other cars and two wheelers for any kind of outing be it for work or leisure.When asked about my new-found liking the reply is :
(1) not that the Brute SUV is just one week old and still has the factory fresh aroma within its interiors.
(2) but the fact is that the brute SUV is very easy to handle in any kind of traffic and I feel that I am astride a truck which is a fortress on wheels.The AC, suspensions and power steering are good enough to make it my top favourite.
(3) And I don't bully cars on the road, but they simply try to keep safe distances from me.
Old 25th April 2009, 08:57   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
These days I always prefer taking out the Scorpio over my other cars and two wheelers for any kind of outing be it for work or leisure.When asked about my new-found liking the reply is :

(3) And I don't bully cars on the road, but they simply try to keep safe distances from me.
good point. scorpio drivers have earned themselves a bad reputation somewhere else in this forum!
Old 25th April 2009, 20:12   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Raj. The brute SUV was ICE'd, just today. I got the Blaupunkt Kingston MP47 HU, BGx 402 4" coaxial 75W for the front (it fits smugly on the two lower corners of the dash from the inside) and THc 693 Triaxial 6"X 9" 280W component speakers with wooden box enclosures on the rear.The overall output is quite cool.Will post pictures soon.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 25th April 2009 at 20:15.
Old 25th April 2009, 20:46   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats! time to tub thump eh?
Old 26th April 2009, 02:15   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
(1) not that the Brute SUV is just one week old and still has the factory fresh aroma within its interiors.
(2) but the fact is that the brute SUV is very easy to handle in any kind of traffic and I feel that I am astride a truck which is a fortress on wheels.The AC, suspensions and power steering are good enough to make it my top favourite.
Hehe I think its mainly the factor No. 1. I also own a Scorpio LX but somehow always prefer mine or Wife's Accent for City driving. Though I love my Scorpio but nothing can beat the refinement of a Petrol Engine. No offense though, I am also an owner of a thoroughly loved and cared for Scorpio.

Last edited by WanderNomad : 26th April 2009 at 02:17.
Old 26th April 2009, 02:50   #143
Senior - BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper english in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 29th April 2009 at 11:03.
Old 26th April 2009, 14:18   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

WanderNomad and Hillram thanks.
Pictures of the ICE'd Scorpio with new wheel covers:
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-sonycamv-128.jpg
The Blaupunkt Kingston MP47 HU on the move. Yours Truly at the wheel.

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-sonycamv-135.jpg
with remote
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-sonycamv-138.jpg

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-sonycamv-140.jpg
The company wheelcovers on!

Name:  sonycamv 159.jpg
Views: 3784
Size:  130.2 KB
The rear Blaupunkt speakers THc 693 Triaxial 6"X 9" 280W component speakers with wooden box enclosures on the rear
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-sonycamv-160.jpg
BGx 402 4" coaxial 75W for the front (it fits smugly on the two lower corners of the dash from the inside)
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-sonycamv-161.jpg
Head Unit again on the move
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-sonycamv-162.jpg
The Mahindra logo from a Mahindra Genuine Parts shop was fixed on the horn button by me. The shiny logo looks chic. Wonder why the company cannot give such a shiny logo and end up with some cheap logo engravings on the steering? Or here too they save some money?

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 26th April 2009 at 14:27.
Old 26th April 2009, 15:07   #145
Senior - BHPian

Anjan, IMO, that steering wheel cover is completely incongruous! Do consider removing it!
Old 26th April 2009, 15:15   #146
BHPian

ya i agree the scorpio has a nice meaty steering you dont need any cover for it
also the wheel covers look neat any day better than the sorry company alloys from m&m
which look like bullock cart wheels
Old 26th April 2009, 15:20   #147
Senior - BHPian

anjan good ice setup, but your steering cover doesnt go with its interiors may be you have matched up with your seat covers so do share those pics too, keep updating and have a safe ride.
Old 26th April 2009, 18:14   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Anjan, IMO, that steering wheel cover is completely incongruous! Do consider removing it!
Thanks anup the steering cover will go sure because got many feedabacks about the odd looking one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
ya i agree the scorpio has a nice meaty steering you dont need any cover for it
also the wheel covers look neat any day better than the sorry company alloys from m&m
which look like bullock cart wheels
dockap the steering cover will changeth!I fully agree about the wheel caps. The SLE and VLX versions have some odd looking alloys from the galaxy of well designed ones.The curves on the OE alloys look out of place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
anjan good ice setup, but your steering cover doesnt go with its interiors may be you have matched up with your seat covers so do share those pics too, keep updating and have a safe ride.
vijay the steering cover is truly odd there. The seat covers are from Hallmark and light tan brown in colour.They look quite sober.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 26th April 2009 at 18:21.
Old 28th April 2009, 20:20   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Today had to go to lot and lots of places in the city and hence took out my good old Maruti 800. The tiny car is still rockin the roads.My experience after using the Scorpio for so many days (12 days precisely) was quite a turn off. All the while with the Scorpio, I had smaller cars and other tiny mechanical entities on the road running around for cover with some aggressive exceptions on wheels of course. Behind the wheels of the Maruti found only two wheelers getting out of my way. Even most 3 wheelers don't care for Marutis these days.But the humble Maruti can be parked anywhere and can go anywhere within the city or outside. I do not have to worry about it getting scratched, dented or even getting stolen. These days bikes are safer to steal and fetch more handsome prices for thieves.Stealing the 800 is the last thing most thieves have on his or HER mind unless they are terrorists and want a car to explode car bombs.
The Scorpio has its own mighty road presence and is in a different league altogether.The company service engineer from M &M's Authorised Dealer was at my place yesterday. He was explaining the operations and usage part of the SUV with day to day checks and precautions to be taken.These details could not be explained earlier during the delivery as it was handed over to me hurriedly-I was in a hurry that day. After that he got filled in by me many questionnaires for feedback by the dealer and the company. Thats a good change and Mahindra cares for its customers, it shows. The only suggestion I offered was that "Rubber footmats for the SUV must be instantly provided as a freebie by the company/dealer, as the good quality carpets over which the drivers and other pre-delivery users like mechanics and so on squat their footwear upon, allows a good amount of dirt and even pebbles to accumalate over the fabric."

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 28th April 2009 at 20:28.
Old 29th April 2009, 22:56   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

The M&M dealer now says that the Scorpio LX does not come with an immobiliser. Before the sale they said that all Scorpios are fitted with immobilisers. Any ideas as to how to check whether the SUV has an immobiliser with the help of its keys?I am sure no encoding was done during or before the delivery.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks