Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2009, 23:24   #46
BHPian

From which dealer are you getting your Scorpio in Nagpur? I am not in country right now, but can you confirm regarding 4x4 model and there availability.

Thanks,
Pramod
Old 2nd April 2009, 12:38   #47
Senior - BHPian

so anjan, as per now you are going with lx model without fitting claddings from dealers, i know if you compare sturddiness of scorpio nothing else to say, with its built quality you surely feel safer around. Can company provide you cladding factory fitted on order, cause getting it done with dealer is not a good choice, else let it be without claddings with your model. Why delivery time till 15th April.
Old 2nd April 2009, 19:25   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

quote (PRAMODS From which dealer are you getting your Scorpio in Nagpur? I am not in country right now, but can you confirm regarding 4x4 model and there availability.) unquote

Thanks,
Pramod
Thanks pramod for your interest. Its Unnati. The old Provincial is not very responsive to customer needs these days!I am not interested in the 4X4 model but was only interested in factory fitted claddings and ABS brakes in the LX model.
quote (VIJAYTHACKER so anjan, as per now you are going with lx model without fitting claddings from dealers, i know if you compare sturddiness of scorpio nothing else to say, with its built quality you surely feel safer around. Can company provide you cladding factory fitted on order, cause getting it done with dealer is not a good choice, else let it be without claddings with your model. Why delivery time till 15th April.) unquote
Yes vijay dear its the LX without the cladding. I was also interested in the ABS and claddings but they do not provide these with the LX from the factory, even on order.M&M has got to improve upon here like many others who do not offer safety features on their lower end models.
As you rightly say the Scorpio is quite a sturdy SUV.
Old 2nd April 2009, 23:29   #49
BHPian

Hi All,

I am surprised to see the high handedness of the Mahindra dealer at Hyderabad. I am sure that is because he has a monopoly market here. I asked for a revised quote with some extra free accessories and he simply stopped interacting with me. Even after calling him yesterday evening, he still is not responding. We must have another dealer from Mahindra soon at Hyderabad. I am not sure if I will end up buying a Scorpio now.

Any suggestions??
Old 3rd April 2009, 07:58   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipta View Post
Any suggestions??
Is the recent success with the Xylo getting into their heads?
Do send an email to M&M, if possible.
Old 3rd April 2009, 09:24   #51
BHPian

Not sure, wether it is the Xylo or the single dealership at Hyderabad.

Any contact of Mahindra where I can send an email???
Old 3rd April 2009, 11:58   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Actually Caramelo apart from the DZire's looks the one fact that came to my mind was the solid build of the Scorpio. A week back in our city, a Honda City collided with a Scorpio head-on. The new Honda City's engine bay was completely destroyed, whereas the Scorpio had only some dents on its front. Had the impact been a bit extra, the passenger compartment of the City would have been attacked. So after spending so much for a car if safety takes a backseat then its a thumbs down! Those airbags and ABS' of these cars only add to our repair bills after the car is destroyed, only if we as its occupants survive to see it all.
yeah . my friend also says that mahindra vehicles are solid with great body structure. they also make SUV s of military spec for the army. so they have the experience and know how of making tough SUV. good thinking on you part i must say.
Old 3rd April 2009, 12:44   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

I am surprised to see the high handedness of the Mahindra dealer at Hyderabad. I am sure that is because he has a monopoly market here. I asked for a revised quote with some extra free accessories and he simply stopped interacting with me. Even after calling him yesterday evening, he still is not responding. We must have another dealer from Mahindra soon at Hyderabad. I am not sure if I will end up buying a Scorpio now.

Any suggestions??
There are two dealer ships in hyderabad (both under single management). One is AML which is in Panjagutta and the other is AMPL which is in RP road secundrabad. Please meet Mr. Mahesh Dave who is CEO of AMPL operations. Else write to area office. Scorpio is the best vehicle in its class for its price. Dont let one executive lead you to depriving yourself from owning this fantastic SUV
Old 3rd April 2009, 19:14   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
There are two dealer ships in hyderabad (both under single management). One is AML which is in Panjagutta and the other is AMPL which is in RP road secundrabad. Please meet Mr. Mahesh Dave who is CEO of AMPL operations. Else write to area office. Scorpio is the best vehicle in its class for its price. Dont let one executive lead you to depriving yourself from owning this fantastic SUV
Thats rightfully said by vinod.sudipta do not get cowed down by the dealer's high handedness. Meet the GM at the dealership and tell him that you are a genuine customer who is being treated as such.Automotive Manufacturers have numerous dealerships of various automobile companies and one small executive should not make you take back your good decision.
visit: :: Welcome to Mahindra Scorpio Refresh ::

This is one dealer whom you have contacted:
AML Motors
Plot #13, Nagarjuna Co-Opp. Hsg. Soc.
Hyderabad
E-mail:rajiv@automotiveml.com
Mobile: 9849384144

The other one is of the same AML chain:
Automotive Manufacturers
8571,Rashtrapati Road
Secunderabad
E-mail:rajiv@automotiveml.com
Mobile: 9849384144

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 3rd April 2009 at 19:15.
Old 3rd April 2009, 20:46   #55
BHPian

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for your advice and suggestion. I actually got the executive come back to me with a quote. Please find the same below and let me know if I got a good deal or not.

PARTICULARS NEW Scorpio VLX 8 seater (BS4) Diamond White

Ex-Showroom 927910
Insurance 38640
Life Tax @ 12% 115380
Incedental charges 5000
Permanent. Reg. 2500

Net on Road 1089430

TERMS & CONDITIONS:
* Delivery of Vehicle will be with in 2-3 weeks from the date of receipt of your firm purchase order.
* Dealer will not be responsible for any delay in the delivery of Vehicle due to any unforeseen circumstances.
* Payment Terms: Please arrange the DD in favor of M/S AUTOMOTIVE MANUFACTURERS PVT. LTD. A/C AML MOTORS payable at HYDERABAD
* Dealer will provide External Paint Protection, Carpet Floor Mat, Scuff Plates and Gold sun full front Bull Bar as complimentary with the vehicle.

Once again, keep the suggestions pouring in.

Thanks,
Sudipta
Old 4th April 2009, 07:06   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
* Delivery of Vehicle will be with in 2-3 weeks from the date of receipt of your firm purchase order.
* Dealer will not be responsible for any delay in the delivery of Vehicle due to any unforeseen circumstances.
Two contradicting statements! Isn't it always "unforeseen circumstances"!!!
Old 4th April 2009, 08:20   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Since Scorpios were intended to come with claddings, thin sheet metal is used on the lower part of the door.
So they are easily prone to dents without claddings and must be driven carefully in crowded areas to avoid dents is what I've heard. Could someone confirm please.
Claddings are mainly for cosmetic purposes and to prevent minor dents and scratches to the body when going off road. Nothing to do with a thinner sheet of metal etc. Yes the cladding makes the scorpio look more appealing, but thats it
Old 4th April 2009, 10:54   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Claddings are mainly for cosmetic purposes and to prevent minor dents and scratches to the body when going off road. Nothing to do with a thinner sheet of metal etc. Yes the cladding makes the scorpio look more appealing, but thats it
very true but also as anjan said mahindra needs to improve on this that if customer wants those features on order they should compliment that from factory.
Old 7th April 2009, 13:20   #59
BHPian

Hi All,

Can someone please guide me on the brand of tyres that comes as an OEM with the new Scorpio?

My friend's Scorpio (2years old) has JK Elanzo as OEM. What are they providing in the recent times?
Old 7th April 2009, 16:25   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Both JK and BridgeStone. Insist on BridgeStones!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks