Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2009, 22:54   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

A Scorpio without the claddings (background) not that bad looking!
Posted in another thread by badboysclad
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-mm4.jpg

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 30th March 2009 at 23:05.
Old 31st March 2009, 00:22   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Anjan,

Rather than go with the cladding, you can go for the two tone paint. You get a nicer look without having to potentially cause rust issues in the car and it will be a lot cheaper.
Old 31st March 2009, 01:12   #33
Senior - BHPian

Since Scorpios were intended to come with claddings, thin sheet metal is used on the lower part of the door.
So they are easily prone to dents without claddings and must be driven carefully in crowded areas to avoid dents is what I've heard. Could someone confirm please.
Old 31st March 2009, 02:04   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Since Scorpios were intended to come with claddings, thin sheet metal is used on the lower part of the door.
So they are easily prone to dents without claddings and must be driven carefully in crowded areas to avoid dents is what I've heard. Could someone confirm please.
I think this is BS since the doors and front and rear fenders are made from one piece of metal. It will be costlier for them to stamp two pieces together to make the door and fenders just to make the lower end thinner !!
Old 31st March 2009, 02:23   #35
BHPian

thank god you didn't go for the dzire. i know its practical and has features and its diesel and it has a boot. but it looks hideous!!!!! let me say it again. h i d i o u s!!! lolz

now congratulations on the Scorpio. get some alloys! wheels without the wheel caps is embarresment i think. it looks like a person wearing suit and below wearing slippers lolz

anyways great decision. waiting for the pics
Old 31st March 2009, 07:17   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Shankar Balan has loads of pictures of his 'naked' LX in his threads:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...pressions.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ce-update.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...km-report.html
Old 31st March 2009, 10:58   #37
Senior - BHPian

@ anjan : i too recommend the cladding. Apart from looks, it has saved my scorp's metal body from numerous nasty scratches.
Old 31st March 2009, 15:55   #38
BHPian

Congrats on your new drive. Glad to know Mahindra is giving mAHwk engine on all the Scorpios now. Just curious - how much is the LX on road?
Old 31st March 2009, 16:00   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Ex Showroom: 7.1 Lakhs
Add Insurance: 25,000
Add Road Tax: 1,00,000
On road: 8.35 Lakhs or thereabouts.
Old 31st March 2009, 16:27   #40
BHPian

Just visited IndiaGarage to have a look at new Scorpio. Lx is 8.8L OTR here in Blore and Sle is 9.92L. Sle makes more sense as it comes with cladding, ABS and better Interiors but the price difference is quite substantial.
Old 31st March 2009, 16:44   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Just visited IndiaGarage to have a look at new Scorpio. Lx is 8.8L OTR here in Blore and Sle is 9.92L. Sle makes more sense as it comes with cladding, ABS and better Interiors but the price difference is quite substantial.
Stop reading right off their pricing sheet and disallow a lot of the extra unnecessary expenses. Then it will come down to the levels I have put above your post.
Old 31st March 2009, 17:02   #42
BHPian

ok..looked at the quote once again and found that dealer has quoted for Std fitment - 16195/- and handling charges - 6000/-. Need to figure out what these are for..
Old 31st March 2009, 17:16   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
ok..looked at the quote once again and found that dealer has quoted for Std fitment - 16195/- and handling charges - 6000/-. Need to figure out what these are for..
Handling charges = Bribe for registration etc. Look on he would have quoted for registration as well. Dealer insurance is about 5 k more than applying for it directly. Lastly they inflate the road tax by a couple of percentage points. And ofcourse this standard fitment thing.

Minus all these things and pay it yourself, and you save quite a pocket.
Old 31st March 2009, 19:42   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks 4X4 addict (would'nt like to change the company paint scheme for the new SUV), for_cars1 (no the door sheet metal is uniform and is made by Mahindra Ugine Steel Ltd- a sister concern), Caramelo ,itwasntme (lovely suggestion- saw the thread by Shankar Balan and am still reading it through and through),badboyscad (the company fitted cladding would be much better than the one made by the dealer with manually drilled holes . Hence I am a bit reluctant).
rockyb its Rs 7.90 L on road here at Nagpur and the dealer aint not giving me any discounts, saying its a new model and the company policy is such.Though he has agreed to give the rubber mat costing Rs 1.1K for free, to protect the carpeting.
Old 1st April 2009, 19:38   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
thank god you didn't go for the dzire. i know its practical and has features and its diesel and it has a boot. but it looks hideous!!!!! let me say it again. h i d i o u s!!! lolz

now congratulations on the Scorpio. get some alloys! wheels without the wheel caps is embarresment i think. it looks like a person wearing suit and below wearing slippers lolz

anyways great decision. waiting for the pics
Actually Caramelo apart from the DZire's looks the one fact that came to my mind was the solid build of the Scorpio. A week back in our city, a Honda City collided with a Scorpio head-on. The new Honda City's engine bay was completely destroyed, whereas the Scorpio had only some dents on its front. Had the impact been a bit extra, the passenger compartment of the City would have been attacked. So after spending so much for a car if safety takes a backseat then its a thumbs down! Those airbags and ABS' of these cars only add to our repair bills after the car is destroyed, only if we as its occupants survive to see it all.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks