Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2013, 18:17   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: shibujp's Swift Diesel Long term report - 1,30,000 kms update

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Funniest part is the filter never existed in my car. When I saw it here in Team-BHP, I asked my SA so he added in my car.

AFAIK, the replacement is 20K kms or 40K kms.

Anurag.
The cabin filter never came with the car. So there is no standard replacement schedule for it.

However, when a damp smell starts coming from the A/C vents, it has to be replaced.

The interval will vary from car to car depending the conditions it is driven thru and the frequency of using the fresh air mode.
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2014, 02:02   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
The cabin filter never came with the car. So there is no standard replacement schedule for it.

The interval will vary from car to car depending the conditions it is driven thru and the frequency of using the fresh air mode.
For Toyota Etios, the replacement interval for AC filter is 30,000 kms. So, it should be somewhere around that range if you want to replace it proactively.
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2014, 22:25   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePunter View Post
~ Posting on behalf of a friend (an avid reader of tbhp)

Appreciate response to the points asked!!
---
Vehicle – SWIFT VDi
ODO – 1,10,000 km

Planning to do a suspension overhaul due to the deterioration in ride quality and excessive noise from the front side of the car on bumpy roads.
MASS had earlier recommended a suspension and "steering box" overhaul during the previous periodic service. The SA, at that time was unable to give the specifics of what all components of the suspension needs to be changed or was he referring to a full suspension set up change. The same goes with the steering part – didn't quite explain what he meant by the steering box (He suggested this work, pointing to a particular rattling noise when the car rides on bad roads – I fact he also went ahead suggesting a replacement for this unit costing around 25k).

Has someone here gone through the same issue and what exactly was done as a remedy?
For suspension related work, what are the components that are typically replaced in such cases considering the ODO reading ?
I have been covering a very bad stretch of 2km on a daily basis for the past 20k kms and the issue became terribly worse after this.
For the "steering box" is there no option to overhaul it – I do not face any other issue with the steering, it's still precise and gives no other issues whatsoever.
---

Wishing a very happy new year to all ..! :-) )
Not sure about what need to be done on the dash for this. The main parts on the suspension and my usual replacement interval are :

1. Front shocks - 1 lakh
2. Balance rod - referred to as support comp - 20 - 30k
3. Anti roll bar bush kit - 20k
4. Strut bush, sits on top of the struts - 20k
5. Steering box overhaul (not replacement) - 10k/20k : heavily dependent on the kind of roads you travel on. There are times when I used to do this every 10k and other times when it held good for 30k. You usual feel an shaky or rattly steering column in this situation. They usually overhauled the box by replacing bushes and tightening things up but the Swift steering box is sensitive to bad roads and does tend to get impacted if you don't take it easy on bad stretches.

Here are some of my previous posts with pics of replaced suspension components.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2274054

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2799531

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3060614

Drive on,
Shibu.

Last edited by shibujp : 12th January 2014 at 22:53.
shibujp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2014, 14:58   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

I think changing the bushes for suspension & steering should take care of this. I had my bushes replaced for the last 2 services (yearly) and details could be found there, towards the end of the thread. Could you check it out please? You could search for "SwiftnFurious' Swift VDi ABS...."
Thanks much swiftnfurious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Not sure about what need to be done on the dash for this. The main parts on the suspension and my usual replacement interval are :

1. Front shocks - 1 lakh
2. Balance rod - referred to as support comp - 20 - 30k
3. Anti roll bar bush kit - 20k
4. Strut bush, sits on top of the struts - 20k
5. Steering box overhaul (not replacement) - 10k/20k : heavily dependent on the kind of roads you travel on. There are times when I used to do this every 10k and other times when it held good for 30k. You usual feel an shaky or rattly steering column in this situation. They usually overhauled the box by replacing bushes and tightening things up but the Swift steering box is sensitive to bad roads and does tend to get impacted if you don't take it easy on bad stretches.

Here are some of my previous posts with pics of replaced suspension components.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2274054

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2799531

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3060614

Drive on,
Shibu.
Thanks much Shibu.

Also, one query – When the struts and bushes were replaced were you going for MGP or going for aftermarket ( I noted that you had gone for RANE for the brake pads). Have heard the MGP bush replacements are not up to the mark and won’t serve as long as the ones which came along with the car. Have personally seen the strut mount bush going bad in 10-15 k kms with the ride on predominantly decent roads. Is this a reasonable odo reading for replacing this bush?
Old 13th January 2014, 21:49   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePunter View Post
Thanks much swiftnfurious.

Thanks much Shibu.

Also, one query – When the struts and bushes were replaced were you going for MGP or going for aftermarket ( I noted that you had gone for RANE for the brake pads). Have heard the MGP bush replacements are not up to the mark and won’t serve as long as the ones which came along with the car. Have personally seen the strut mount bush going bad in 10-15 k kms with the ride on predominantly decent roads. Is this a reasonable odo reading for replacing this bush?
The RANE pads were supplied as MGP itself. I use MGP for struts and bushes. And yes, MGP replacements can be low quality. My clutch replacement happened at 140k. The first unit was bad but since it was from the service center they replaced it free of cost.

I generally use MGP for replacements. I have been trying out Bosch brake pads for the last 10k kms. They are half the price of MGPs at 725 rupees and performance is good as well. Bosch also supplies Swift Diesel oil and fuel filters. The oil filters are half the price of the MGP but I have not tried them yet. There are reports that they create problems with the oil pressure. I do use the fuel filters though as they are OEM for Maruti as well.

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2014, 22:36   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
I have been trying out Bosch brake pads for the last 10k kms. They are half the price of MGPs at 725 rupees and performance is good as well. Bosch also supplies Swift Diesel oil and fuel filters. The oil filters are half the price of the MGP but I have not tried them yet. There are reports that they create problems with the oil pressure. I do use the fuel filters though as they are OEM for Maruti as well.

Drive on,
Shibu.
I used both Bosch brake pads and oil filters. They cost approximately half of MGP spares. I faced no problems. But strangely enough my local service center who used to stock Bosch filters stopped stocking them citing the same reason as you stated "oil pressure problem" but the 4 times I used them faced no problem.
Old 13th January 2014, 23:12   #187
BHPian

Is there any O2 sensor in the exhaust side of the turbo in a BSIII swift diesel?

I know that the BS-IV Swift D has a O2 sensor so just wanted to confirm even if the BSIII also has one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks