Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2009, 02:01   #16
BHPian

Hey ph03n!x... Congratulations on your purchase buddy! That's one hell of car & nice choice of color too.

Regarding the alloys... Check out the black ones with silver lip. They will look awesome (IMO).

Would love to check your ride whenever we bump into each other the next time.

Cheers!
Goutham
Old 19th June 2009, 15:14   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_rider View Post
Hey ph03n!x... Congratulations on your purchase buddy! That's one hell of car & nice choice of color too.

Regarding the alloys... Check out the black ones with silver lip. They will look awesome (IMO).

Would love to check your ride whenever we bump into each other the next time.

Cheers!
Goutham
Thanks Goutham, am sure there is something cooking in the Chennai meets thread

I don't want much of a bling in the alloys, just a nonchalant look... I get caught at the wrong places often otherwise
Old 19th June 2009, 15:53   #18
Senior - BHPian

Aha, another Phoenix! Should have copyrighted the name ...lol!
Lovely car, congrats!
Old 19th June 2009, 17:02   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hey . Congrats dude.. Wish you a safe and happy driving..
Old 19th June 2009, 17:07   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Phoenix.
Great choice of colour.!

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 19th June 2009 at 17:08.
Old 19th June 2009, 17:38   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Aha, another Phoenix! Should have copyrighted the name ...lol!
Lovely car, congrats!
lol... my handle is ph03n!x from ages (not only here)... but then, we can be birds from the same flock
Old 21st June 2009, 02:53   #22
Senior - BHPian

Long day, whew!! Headed to KUN to get my number plates fixed. The plates are yucks- the front and back plates are of similar (if not the same) size!

Thanks to our own nitrous for intro'ing me to fellow BHPian Deepak of Tyrestore in Greams road.

I headed there after getting the number plates, got the right alloy and tire & size for my requrirements, the Yokohama 195/55/R15 S.Drive. The experience was impeccable, 5* class. The ride does feel stiffer (which is the whole point of the 15" / S.drive combo!), though I do not feel much of a difference in the steering.

Deepak's father requires a special mention here- if Deepak is enthu about cars, you know where it comes from when you talk to Uncle-ji. Deepak, if you are reading this, please bring Uncle-ji for a Chennai meet sometime

The car has clocked 250 KMs. I am up-shifting / down-shifting as per Hyundai's breaking in guidance - 2nd at 20KMPH, 3rd at 35, 4th at 50 and 5th at 60, and being careful not to lug the engine. At times there comes a rattle from the dash, which stops if I hold the wooden finish of the console- have to get this checked.

The car is a HOOT to drive, traffic or no. Overtaking is a breeze. I wonder why we have so many Swift xDi's on road- and I know its for the price primarily. Had Hyundai positioned the Getz CRDi, it would have been ubiquitous by now!

I will post the delivery pics, as well as click some of the wheels, but for now this is as close as it comes to how the alloy looks like:
Letz Getz Started (Hyundai Getz CRDi)- UPDATE: 40000, new alloys, tires!!! (page 30)-dynamicimage.php.jpg
Old 21st June 2009, 10:28   #23
BHPian

Good choice of car and the alloys look good too. I too have decided on GETZ Crdi after considering many other cars. I have time till October before I purchase due to Vitamin M factor. Please keep updating your experiences in this thread, as it will be very helpful to me (in fact I'm following all the GETZ Crdi threads now).
Old 21st June 2009, 11:32   #24
BHPian

@phoenix - congrats on the great buy! I drove shyamscrdi's getz recently and found the engine far more refined then my verna's, which can be tough to handle in traffic. It is also far more responsive at lower speeds. I think that 5lakhs odd for the getz is an amazing price, considering that there arent any offerings on the car apart from the great engine. The previous pricing was rather high.
You said you went in for the 195/55/r15s. Can you give me a good description of the differences you feel in terms of handling/suspension/steering weight? Why did you go for yokos instead of michelin?

@aks_karthik - why did you book at dsc? They were always known for this kind of crap. I took my TD there but went to HMP to get the car. THey are far more professional and have everything done at an efficient pace.

Yet to be a part of any tbhp meet in chennai. Can someone give me the link to the latest chennai meet discussion thread?
Old 21st June 2009, 11:50   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
The car has clocked 250 KMs. I am up-shifting / down-shifting as per Hyundai's breaking in guidance - 2nd at 20KMPH, 3rd at 35, 4th at 50 and 5th at 60, and being careful not to lug the engine. At times there comes a rattle from the dash, which stops if I hold the wooden finish of the console- have to get this checked.
Phoenix
You are lugging the engine.
Try to keep the revvs below 2500rpm in all gears and an odd blast here and there would be fine.
Old 21st June 2009, 12:45   #26
Senior - BHPian

[quote=pras.oct25;1355946
@aks_karthik - why did you book at dsc? They were always known for this kind of crap. I took my TD there but went to HMP to get the car. THey are far more professional and have everything done at an efficient pace.

Yet to be a part of any tbhp meet in chennai. Can someone give me the link to the latest chennai meet discussion thread?[/quote]

That's called FATE :(
If it went good, i would drive a Passion Red GetZ Crdi instead of FIAT Linea.
Still i have a plan to get a GetZ Crdi.Waiting for the approval from my HomeMinister.

For Chennai Meet,I'll let you know once we plan for a meet in future.
Old 21st June 2009, 13:34   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
That's called FATE :(
If it went good, i would drive a Passion Red GetZ Crdi instead of FIAT Linea.
Still i have a plan to get a GetZ Crdi.Waiting for the approval from my HomeMinister.

For Chennai Meet,I'll let you know once we plan for a meet in future.
Personally Ive never been a big fan of the hyundai red. It is extremely bright and not very pleasant.
Yeah that would be great buddy. Let me know.
Old 21st June 2009, 14:35   #28
Senior - BHPian

Well, I looked at my alloys after posting the pics, and it has more spokes than that!! So it is not the exact same model...

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Good choice of car and the alloys look good too. I too have decided on GETZ Crdi after considering many other cars. I have time till October before I purchase due to Vitamin M factor. Please keep updating your experiences in this thread, as it will be very helpful to me (in fact I'm following all the GETZ Crdi threads now).
I am not sure if the discounted price will be made permanent, or last till October. Will definitely post all experiences here...
Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
...You said you went in for the 195/55/r15s. Can you give me a good description of the differences you feel in terms of handling/suspension/steering weight? Why did you go for yokos instead of michelin?

Yet to be a part of any tbhp meet in chennai. Can someone give me the link to the latest chennai meet discussion thread?
I really didnt push the car all that much in stock, and neither am I pushing it now!! Will give a final on the handling when I do a highway run to Bangalore next weekend. But from whatever I have run in (in stock and now) in the roads here, and the IT Expressway, the ride has become stiffer- road feel is more audible in the cabin, and it does not feel "soft" like the stock tire. I dont feel any difference in the steering.

Yokos do not come in 195/55, and I did not want to go for 205/50 (the other choice in Michelin was 195/50... Yoko S.Drives are known to be noisy, but their purpose is to hug on to the road- and they do a good job of it. And with the windows rolled up and music playing...

Here is a link to the meet thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...et-thread.html
PM petrol_head your number, and he will make sure you are in.

btw, I think its ShyamsCRDi who posted that you got a leather steering cover for his car... Where was that made? I'd love to have one in dark / black leather...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Phoenix
You are lugging the engine.
Try to keep the revvs below 2500rpm in all gears and an odd blast here and there would be fine.
Wow! I thought Hyundai was sensible to give me the right upshift speeds, and the engine didnt sound like its lugging to me!! Sure will do bro, thanks! And ya, occasional surges take me to 100-120 now and then

Last edited by ph03n!x : 21st June 2009 at 14:37.
Old 21st June 2009, 17:29   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Wow! I thought Hyundai was sensible to give me the right upshift speeds, and the engine didnt sound like its lugging to me!! Sure will do bro, thanks! And ya, occasional surges take me to 100-120 now and then
Its lugging when your dash starts rattling.
100-120kph is no big deal for this car. In 5th gear it does 100 @ 2000rpm and 120 @ 2500rpm.
Old 21st June 2009, 17:44   #30
BHPian

congrats pho3n!x. nice colour choice. i wanted to make use of the offer and buy one for me, but dad's finances did not allow me to do so. if u like the debadged look at the back do it, it will add to the looks.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks