Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2009, 14:59   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_head View Post
Sorry.... the track jaunt is inevitable
You wanna make me burn those month old Yoko's out, eh?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
I got a quote of 4k + tax at HMP for removing the dent and repainting the bumper of my verna when I was rear ended in bangalore in jan by a M800 guy.
O MY! How bad was the damage?! I would know my fate tomorrow...
Old 7th August 2009, 16:05   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
You wanna make me burn those month old Yoko's out, eh?!!
Oh its one month old already eh? I was looking at something more on the lines of a week or two. Mine was on track when it had done 60 kms. 45 of that was on the way to the track
Old 7th August 2009, 17:29   #138
BHPian

Quote:
O MY! How bad was the damage?! I would know my fate tomorrow...
Well he was behind me at the signal and wanted to take a U turn by turning around behind me, in a gap that would have been fit for about 2 bikes to stand side by side. So he rammed the right hand side of the bumper to the effect that the entire right side had gone in completely. When I got back to chennai I drove straight to HMP after crossing porur. He said 4k for fixing it and 8k for replacing it. Instead I opted for him to hit the dent back out with a wooden bar and made him put some thinner over it to remove the marks.
Now you can see a bit of chipped paint, and the bumper doesnt look too bad.
Old 7th August 2009, 18:42   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_head View Post
Oh its one month old already eh? I was looking at something more on the lines of a week or two. Mine was on track when it had done 60 kms. 45 of that was on the way to the track
You are the limits dude

But still, am not buring rubber yet- except of the highways!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
Well he was behind me at the signal and wanted to take a U turn by turning around behind me, in a gap that would have been fit for about 2 bikes to stand side by side. So he rammed the right hand side of the bumper to the effect that the entire right side had gone in completely. When I got back to chennai I drove straight to HMP after crossing porur. He said 4k for fixing it and 8k for replacing it. Instead I opted for him to hit the dent back out with a wooden bar and made him put some thinner over it to remove the marks.
Now you can see a bit of chipped paint, and the bumper doesnt look too bad.
Ouch! 4k for de-denting it itself?!! That sounds like burglary :(

The dent in my car's bumper is barely visible- unless I draw attention, you wont even know. For the sound it made when the Innova banged, and for what it seems to be now, I am relieved- but let me update this thread what happens tomorrow...
Old 7th August 2009, 23:55   #140
Senior - BHPian

Engine Oil?

All rocket owners- what engine oils do you pamper your beast with? I'm planning to change the engine oil at 5000 (couple of weeks or so), and would like to know

1. What is the engine oil Hyundai Service Centers use?
2. What other oils have you tried, and which one seems to be the better one?
Old 8th August 2009, 08:09   #141
Senior - BHPian

Bumpers in Getz are strong mate. Twice crazy bikers have banged my getz rear bumper. I hear a loud thud and when i go out and see, minor scratches.

Even i have hit a zen at around 20KMPH and front bumper is intact. Zen rear bumper was out of shape completely. As you pointed out - when ever we think some one is going to bang us from rear, donot apply brakes for moment so that car will move forward and no major damages.

Some of the hyundai centres in bangy use Servo engine oil which is approved by hyundai. I heard shell helix is also available but trident bangalore has not yet started selling it.
But why do you want to change the oil at 5K KM?
Old 8th August 2009, 13:44   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Bumpers in Getz are strong mate. Twice crazy bikers have banged my getz rear bumper. I hear a loud thud and when i go out and see, minor scratches.

Even i have hit a zen at around 20KMPH and front bumper is intact. Zen rear bumper was out of shape completely. As you pointed out - when ever we think some one is going to bang us from rear, donot apply brakes for moment so that car will move forward and no major damages.

Some of the hyundai centres in bangy use Servo engine oil which is approved by hyundai. I heard shell helix is also available but trident bangalore has not yet started selling it.
But why do you want to change the oil at 5K KM?
Yup- the bumpers are pretty good! I noticed a minor crack kinda of- but guess a touch will take care.

I had preplanned 5k as my oil change interval as long as i'm on minerals. I was thinking about Mobile 1 mineral oils, rather than servo. Has anyone tried it? Therez a thread by Jaggu talking about his experience with Servo and Mobile 1...
Old 25th August 2009, 02:08   #143
Senior - BHPian

Fouling rear-wheel!

I had been to a drive to Cuddalore over the weekend, and the car was filled with 5 adults- none too hefty, all in 60-70 Kilos weight. The onward journey was a bliss, and the car proved its worth with amazing throttle response, overtaking ease and handling.

The return journey started on the same note, but there was a flap-flap sound within about 30 KM of starting- on checking it, I found that the rear-right tire is fouling, and tiny shreds have come been cut, which are hitting the body.

Removed the shreds off only to realize that the wheel is fouling if the car is driven at about 60 over a moderate bump/ caved roads. This is happening only on the rear-right wheel, all others are fine.

I am worried what it could be, and planning to take it to Hyundai soon- for those who haven't followed this thread, am running 195/55 R15 Yoko S.Drives. What is eating my head it that it was fine on the way there, and started happening only on the way back. I am sure coz the scraping sound of the wheel on the body is unmissable (and heart breaking ).

Any pointers?
Old 25th August 2009, 09:06   #144
Senior - BHPian

Phoenix.
Whats the width/offset of your alloys ?

Theoretically, it shouldn't touch as i'm using 185/65-14 which is taller and also circumferentially bigger than 195/55-15.
Old 25th August 2009, 12:39   #145
BHPian

I am using something even bigger than kps and as wide as yours. None of such things happen. I suggest you get the check up done at the tyre shop first and then go to the service station.

P.S. mine are running on stock rims.
Old 25th August 2009, 13:37   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Phoenix.
Whats the width/offset of your alloys ?

Theoretically, it shouldn't touch as i'm using 185/65-14 which is taller and also circumferentially bigger than 195/55-15.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyamSCrdi View Post
I am using something even bigger than kps and as wide as yours. None of such things happen. I suggest you get the check up done at the tyre shop first and then go to the service station.

P.S. mine are running on stock rims.
The the new tire (195/55 R15) is 12.4 mm taller (dia) than the stock (175/65 R14). And IIRC, the width is 6J- not sure about the offset though (cant remember).

What is eating my head is that-

1. Nothing happened on the way to Cuddalore- same 5 occupants
2. The fouling happens only one specific wheel- the rear-left one (had it been an up-size issue, shouldn't all the wheels foul?)

I know of rockets running with 205/50 R15 (Joben's) without a problem. Will talk to Tyre Stores over the week, and get it checked...

Last edited by ph03n!x : 25th August 2009 at 13:41.
Old 25th August 2009, 15:06   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The the new tire (195/55 R15) is 12.4 mm taller (dia) than the stock (175/65 R14). And IIRC, the width is 6J- not sure about the offset though (cant remember).

What is eating my head is that-

1. Nothing happened on the way to Cuddalore- same 5 occupants
2. The fouling happens only one specific wheel- the rear-left one (had it been an up-size issue, shouldn't all the wheels foul?)

I know of rockets running with 205/50 R15 (Joben's) without a problem. Will talk to Tyre Stores over the week, and get it checked...
The tire height shouldn't be an issue. My tires 185/65-14 are 14 + mm(dia) taller than stock tires.
Its either the offset or the suspension which is the culprit here.
Quote:

No its not necessary that both the tires should touch.
205/50-15 is smaller in terms of height and circumference.
Old 25th August 2009, 17:22   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Its either the offset or the suspension which is the culprit here.
Let me hope its the offset- fingers crossed!
Old 2nd September 2009, 18:57   #149
Senior - BHPian

UPDATE:

Had been to Hyundai on Monday (31st Aug). The wheel arch's inside top was bent towards the tire. This was set right and touched up. Tried the car at a considerably bad/ steep slope within the service center with 6 people (6!!) onboard, and it doesn't foul anymore.

Fingers crossed as of now- my next highway roundtrip should tell...
Old 2nd September 2009, 23:17   #150
BHPian

Good to hear that it wasn't anything with the tires or any other component. But, how did this happen in the first place?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks