Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2009, 11:26   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
The 4WD ... will accommodate only the larger hub caps due to the fact that the front wheel have the electric hub locks covered by the extended hub caps. If you remove your front wheel you will see what I mean. The rear of the 2WD and 4WD are the same and both can accommodate the smaller hub caps, but for aesthetic reasons the rear of the 4WD is kept in sync with the front using the extended hub caps.
Hmm... that clarifies things. Thank you. So since a long time, even without 4WD, mHawk Scorpios have been decorated with phallic hubs for no reason at all.
Old 16th December 2009, 13:48   #167
BHPian

Doc, when did you get the extended warranty booklet? My dealer says it takes 1 month to come in - is that true?
Old 16th December 2009, 14:10   #168
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Hmm... that clarifies things. Thank you. So since a long time, even without 4WD, mHawk Scorpios have been decorated with phallic hubs for no reason at all.
It is the same with Tata as well. They have those ugly phallic hub caps sticking out to cover the hub locks. Wheras Ford, Toyota etc have neatly integrated the hub locks into the hubs without them having to stick out and bang a rock !!
Old 16th December 2009, 22:23   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzegeek View Post
Doc, when did you get the extended warranty booklet? My dealer says it takes 1 month to come in - is that true?
Yes - it's been 2 months now, and neither my RC card nor my EW documents have come in yet. Truth is, I haven't bothered to follow up either! The dealer'll send it in on his own. After all, I'm supposed to know Mr. Anand Mahindra himself!
Old 16th December 2009, 22:50   #170
Senior - BHPian

Typically the RC card comes in about 20-40 days. Yours being DL-12 (which is a new authority) I guess it should happen faster because of less crowding. Do follow up, because my RC card was lying at the dealers (the great Vivek Automobiles) for 2 weeks, they never bothered to call.
Old 17th December 2009, 10:32   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes - it's been 2 months now, and neither my RC card nor my EW documents have come in yet.
That's strange! Doesn't it happen immediately in Delhi? Gurgaon has always taken 3 weeks since its a manual process but I was under the impression that Delhi is immediate (at least it used to be when we bought our Ikon in 2001 & with the smart card, I'd assumed the process would be quicker).

As Architect says, do check with the dealer, it must be lying there in a velvet lined box in an iron safe - they're taking no chances since you know Anand Mahindra
Old 12th January 2010, 23:12   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Doesn't it happen immediately in Delhi?
...do check with the dealer, it must be lying there in a velvet lined box in an iron safe - they're taking no chances since you know Anand Mahindra
The RC card and the EW document are finally with me today. And oh yes! it was lying in a velvet lined box in a safe (sort of). I got a call from Koncept last Saturday informing me that the documents were ready - so I landed up at the dealer's showroom this afternoon. The Sales exec who did the selling for my car told the guy who handles the RC documents: Sir-ka kaam phataphat kar do, warna Sir toh moochhein utaar lenge...

Well, the guys there still have their moustaches intact.

Interestingly, the RC cards have not come to the dealer in serial order. Even for cars sold in September '09, some of the cards have not arrived from the RTO (mine is registered October 15). The usual time to receive the RC card is around 3 months, I was told.

The extended warranty document is a simple printout of a teammahindra webpage, and not a booklet as it used to be earlier. Nowadays the EW data apparently is stored online and any dealer anywhere in the country can access and refer to it online. Even if one does not carry the EW document, it would still be honoured simply by the dealer checkeing the data online.
Old 13th January 2010, 09:15   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Adzegeek,

The EW booklet takes close to 3-4 weeks. It should reach you without any concerns.
Old 13th January 2010, 09:45   #174
BHPian

Quote:
The extended warranty document is a simple printout of a teammahindra webpage, and not a booklet as it used to be earlier. Nowadays the EW data apparently is stored online and any dealer anywhere in the country can access and refer to it online. Even if one does not carry the EW document, it would still be honoured simply by the dealer checkeing the data online.
Doc, are all terms/conditions listed on this web page printout clearly or will it be something we will have to fight for with A.S.S. everytime?

@GetSurya, its been 5 weeks for me, still waiting for this to come.
Old 13th January 2010, 17:54   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
The EW booklet takes close to 3-4 weeks.
There is no booklet any more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adzegeek View Post
Doc, are all terms/conditions listed on this web page printout clearly or will it be something we will have to fight for with A.S.S. everytime?
No the terms and conditions are not printed on the single webpage they give you a printout of, but you can ask them for a printout of the T&C also - it's there on the M&M site. I didn't have the time to take a printout but it's also there at http://www.mahindrascorpio.com/scorp...d_warranty.asp.

Oops - that page doesn't open now. The contents are similar to the EW for the Logan - check here: :: Welcome to MahindraRenault.com ::.
Old 14th January 2010, 01:59   #176
BHPian

guys just something i'd like to share: the extended warranty covers a host of areas and carrying out even minimum mods to your car can affect the warranty, so please get them confirmed through the authorized service center or you could be left hanging. heck we did not install a remote to the central locking of our dx scorpio or we could have lost the entire electrical warranty. now i am not complaining coz i have a renewed alternator and ac blower free of charge. also steering linkages were renewed at the 3 year term under warranty.
the funny thing however was that i paid for all these jobs and then (during the next service) while going through the extended warranty booklet at the service centre discovered that all the parts i had been billed for (in the previous service) were covered under warranty. out came the machine gun and in came a 11,000 or so rupee credit note.
Old 14th January 2010, 07:29   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is no booklet any more.
Hey thats news, I got mine probably 6 months back.

Offroadie is correct, M&M does not even allow minor mods.

I was given a big NO for IFTEX D diesel additive!! I am not complaining.

Last edited by getsurya : 14th January 2010 at 07:30.
Old 14th January 2010, 10:40   #178
Senior - BHPian

hey surya, do you mean that system D additive is a no-no for the mHawk?
Old 14th January 2010, 10:45   #179
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
I was given a big NO for IFTEX D diesel additive!! I am not complaining.
But M&M (or is it only Koncept, the dealer?) does recommend a more expensive diesel additive - this one...

Hawk-On-Fours® (H-4®) with a tail - Scorpio mHawk 4WD EDIT: Sold!-abcd00061k120.jpg

Hawk-On-Fours® (H-4®) with a tail - Scorpio mHawk 4WD EDIT: Sold!-abcd00071k120.jpg

Anyone used it? Any reports of how good or bad it is?
Old 14th January 2010, 20:18   #180
Senior - BHPian

Raj & SS traveller, mHawk manual says No to any diesel additives. I have even called up the M&M contact at Hyd and checked with him. He too said NOT TO ADD any diesel additives as they tend to increase the "cone hole diameters on injectors"(verbatim quote).

I trust him as he always gave me correct information.

Regarding WURTH, should check back with him-for sure!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks