Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2011, 21:12   #286
KGK

Re: BMW 320d : The Expression of Joy

Same here, I maintain a trail of all/any work carried out on both my cars. The front office guys at Infinity Service - Worli are not upto speed the first time I visited them a few months back and was not given the papers for the first service that was carried out. I now get full details of all the work carried out after interacting with the workshop manager though my car is under the BSI package.

Have crossed 20,000 kms on my 320d CE since Feb 2010 and still on the run-flats with Ride-on. Ride is a bit hard, but havent driven a car with non run-flats so not sure if it is going to make a big difference.

The 320i CE now comes only in the CE trim so it gets the same treatment as the 320d CE.
Old 16th June 2011, 20:45   #287
BHPian

This is a very good thread. I have just brought myself a Laura tsi & though this thread I see myself as a potential 320d buyer.
Old 16th June 2011, 21:14   #288
Senior - BHPian

Not surprised. Of late, the 320d - Laura TSi combination has become quite popular on Team-BHP
Old 19th July 2011, 23:58   #289
BANNED

Great thread I must say. Even though I'm too late; "Congratulations on the car". The BSI package is really great. I wish other manufacturers come up with similar plans.
Old 25th July 2011, 14:49   #290
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by indra_slk View Post
Speaking about the Music system, the audio quality is very bad. If you listen to it at medium volume its ok but any higher and the bass becomes terrible.
What brand is the music system on the BMW. I read somewhere that it's a Harman Kardon.
Old 5th September 2011, 18:12   #291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
What brand is the music system on the BMW. I read somewhere that it's a Harman Kardon.
My apologies for the delayed reply. My music system says "BMW Professional" and it's most definitely not a Harman Kardon. Good sound though, enough for my requirements. Other CE owners have rated it as average. To each his own.

The vehicle is around the 22,000 km mark now. I am bored of having the same conversation with Infinity service every time the car is sent in. Why they refuse to give me documentation of the work done, and act so high handed about it, completely baffles me. Borderline enrages, in fact, but I'd rather just get my papers than lose my cool. Sometimes, the really trivial issues become such a big deal when dealing with BMW.

...speaking of which, the horn has failed for the third time. Not failed entirely, but the left horn has persistently failed or lost it's tone. And it is very much, VERY MUCH, getting on my nerves.

All said and done, it's still an immensely rewarding experience to drive this beauty. I just need the niggles ironed out, and it will become a truly A++ experience.
Old 5th September 2011, 18:15   #292
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry- WHY are they refusing to give you documentation of the services? What about "full service history" when you are selling the car?

Is THAT a "paid service" too?
Old 6th September 2011, 15:26   #293
Senior - BHPian

God knows, Anoop. I think BSI should be about being hassle-free, and not something that repeatedly creates trivial issues like there. Making it paperwork-free is one thing, but excuse me, are you trying to tell me that I should have no documentation whatsoever of the service history of my car? I really didn't get the logic. All cars under BSI, apparently, just have a summary of the job done which is sent to BMW. It might be their internal document but if they are expecting that I don't maintain any records of my services...

Anyway, horn is fixed for the fourth time now, and I am hopeful that it won't misbehave again. Some creaking suspension noise was observed and reported, I haven't been able to check whether that was rectified.

The car could really do with some exterior and interior detailing now. Waiting for the rains to subside.
Old 7th September 2011, 10:22   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingSpur View Post
Why they refuse to give me documentation of the work done, and act so high handed about it, completely baffles me.

So do you have the documentation of the services done so far or not ?

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th September 2011 at 19:13. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 7th September 2011, 13:44   #295
Senior - BHPian

If anyone has a 3 year maintenance package and then continues to use BMW after sales service, how will he/she determine the periodic maintenance / part replacements etc were done or not. This is very much required for the next paid ones and ensure that there is no conflict.

If you shift from one dealer to another, how will the other service shop know of the work that had been carried out on the car.

Guess, you need to play hard. Don't let them forget that this is paid service or rather very much pre-paid. (BSI is not free).

Remember its the mechanics and advisors who work on the car not the management that refuses to give you detailed report. The service from the mechanics and advisers from the shop floor wont be impacted in any way.

: Chevy India also has its maintenance packages. Does it behave the same.
Old 7th September 2011, 17:22   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
So do you have the documentation of the services done so far or not ?
Yes, but I have to fight for it every time. I shouldn't have to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
If anyone has a 3 year maintenance package.....work that had been carried out on the car.
They will see it on the central repository of data that BMW maintains on it's systems. But that is for their reference, what about me?
Old 7th September 2011, 18:23   #297
BHPian

FlyingSpur, Just write to your dealer with a copy to BMW. You will have your answer now and always.

Copies of Service Jobs carried out should be available to you. I have mine. Complete 5 years record (nearly). Also, they can provide you a system generated copy of Service History.
Old 11th November 2011, 18:10   #298
KGK

They don't have a problem sharing the service history and get it every time my car gets serviced by the Infinity guys, although had to fight for it initially. Under the BSI package any invoice is billed to BMW India hence they don't share the invoice with the car owner.

Off late have found that the service quality at Infinity Worli is not upto mark. Was experiencing front suspension noise a couple of months back for which they kept the car for 3 days and then changed the front struts, fail to understand why it should take so long to analyse and rectify. Was also experiencing some noise from the front dash board panel, which they did rectify but the panel was not plugged properly in place (It was coming off from the corner of start and stop button). Just lost my cool and blasted the workshop manager for the ignorance.

Have replaced my horn (FIAM -Italy) thrice so far, think they are not designed for Indian conditions. But don't care as along as it is covered under the warranty.

Have been experiencing some tyre noise since about 24,000 kms, brought that to their attention and was told that it is common to get such noise for cars which have clocked "a lot of distance". Can't understand how BMW can hire such jockers!!!! Understand from some international forums that Bridgestone RFTs have this issue post 10-15 k miles and not sure if other BMW owners on this forum are experiencing the same?
Old 30th March 2012, 16:09   #299
Senior - BHPian

After an inexplicably long break from posting, I think I really owe this thread an update. Since the last time, the car has been to the service station thrice. Once for a service and change of brakes (all round), and the second immediately after to get rid of some warning light that came on a day after service. The third, I'll get to in a moment.

I don't exactly remember when the car went in, it must have been at around 30,000 km. The brakes all around were changed, and a few other routine things done. By routine, I also mean the left horn which routinely fails and has been replaced for the seventh time now. The new brakes have added some stopping power to the pedal, which in itself isn't too good in feel. The pedal still feels spongy and lacks a certain bite that's very confidence inspiring. Still, I haven't had any complaints with the way this thing sheds speed, and it has had to in various conditions in the city and on the highway. Happy times are still rolling. The entire scene resulted in something close to 50k, but since I have BSI, I'm not complaining. I think I may have vasooled it already.

The car is at about 34,000 km now. Being used everyday, thrown into gaps and dodging bikers during the week, and exploring the varying terrain around the city on weekends. In fact, it performed extremely well during the recent Pawna trip documented elsewhere on this forum. Not once did it ground on any of the bad patches. For all the stories GTO fed me about the roads to Pawna being awesome there were quite a few situations which can best be termed as off-roading for a 3-series. But not once did it ground. Big, big relief.

On the FE front, the car has consistently been returning 8.5-9 kmpl in the city with full AC. On the expressway, if I choose to, I can effortlessly achieve 15 kmpl. Wait, that's a lie. It's a HUGE effort to refrain from stretching the legs of this car. That said, it's a great cruiser too.

The tires will be up for a change soon. I'm happy with the Conti CPC2 I'm running currently. The perfect characteristics, except for maybe a little more road noise than I would like. Any suggestions?

The front bumper really needs a repaint now. And then the whole car needs an exterior and interior detailing. Trying to get that done in the next week. Two years up, and overall, things are good.

To describe my third trip to the service station, I will need some pictures which I'm in process of transferring. They will follow soon. No, really. Pucca.

BMW 320d : The Expression of Joy-img_1033.jpg
FlyingSpur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th March 2012, 16:42   #300
Team-BHP Support

So did you get a new shiny Skoda logo for the front?

The way you were driving on the way up to Pawana, I wasn't even brave enough to do it in my Figo. That 320d was keeping with the Scorpio to an extent over non existent roads!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks