Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2010, 10:54   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuderiatoro View Post
Congratulations! Excellent report Chetan. You have kept your word and even after taking delivery in the evening you expressed your impressions with great detail with pictures appreciate that. I have booked a TDI Highline Red with Downtown.

A couple of questions:
Even accessories have a waiting time or is this just that they ran out of stock today?
Are all accessories purchased/serviced by the dealer (except the floor mat)
Is there any warranty on the accessories?

Have a great weekend.
Thanks! Since I graduated just yesterday, I know that my fellow BHPians will be eagerly waiting for the report! This made me take the extra pleasure!!

With so much orders pouring in, Dealer could have easily planned accessories and kept it in stock. But NO! They went out of stock. It will take them some time to get used to the Polo effect!!

Since I am not buying any electrical items, it does not really matter. But as a matter of fact, I will be buying every thing from the dealership except for items 5 & 6. Will post the prices in a weeks time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Chethan, Congratulations! She looks super HOT! Love the simple, classy, elegant but sporty lines!

Nice write up and observations - can't wait for even more pics

Do get the high security number plates; they'll complement your polo perfectly!
Thanks Anekho!! By the way, what are these high security number plates? How do I get them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
First of all, congratulations and wishing you many miles of happiness.

The price though, caught me by surprise. I hope you don't mind my saying so, but I really think that this car is overpriced. That too by a large margin. Almost makes the i20 CrDi seem like a bargain in comparison, the less said about the Punto Emo. Pack the better.
Thank you very much Amattya!!

I respect your opinion. As I had explained earlier, decision to buy Polo was taken in concurrence between 3 individuals. I can assure you that non of us compromised in the bargain. Coming to the price, I was of the opinion that Polo is overpriced by a lakh for the features it offered. But now, after feeling it in flesh and blood, I can confidently say that I have got my money's worth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Congratulations on the buy!

Great to see you piling miles already!!!

Waiting for more pics.

PS: Anytime I am feeling gloomy, I just look at OTR prices for you Bangalore folk! It instantly cheers me up!
Thanks!! I wish I could buy my car in Delhi!! But please do not tell me how much money I would have saved!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshkishore View Post
Chetan Bhai, Congrats on the car. Great Color too! But you would need to spend lot of time to keep her shining that way. Take good care of her buddy!
Thanks Suresh! I can tell you that I am good at that! For proof, check this thread!
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ip-review.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
Congrats Chethan, on your black beauty!!polo looks good in any colour, something very few cars can boast of!!

Personally,i was waiting to see this thread spring back to life!!
Thanks carfreak! Will try and do my best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
congratulations on the first black polo in bangy!! happy mile crunching!!
Thanks raamki.
Old 5th June 2010, 11:04   #17
BHPian

Congrats Chethan on possessing one of the best looking hatch back in India.
Appreciate if you could put up some more pics of your car.

Drive Safe.
Old 5th June 2010, 11:04   #18
BHPian

Great looking car Chethan, waiting for more pics and review.
Old 5th June 2010, 11:28   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats, Chetan!

Chetan

Congrats! The car looks really cool. I had seen a black highline being readied for delivery when I visited my dealer for some accessories for my Polo and I must say you pictures although good, do not do justice to the classy looks of the car in real life. The Pearl effect has to be seen in the daytime when it is sunny to be fully appreciated. It looks royal.

Enjoy your car. It must be tough to part with her right after you got it when you for the weekend trip. But I am sure you will have lots of fun when you come back!
Old 5th June 2010, 14:11   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Thanks Anekho!! By the way, what are these high security number plates? How do I get them?
Check out this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...tes-india.html

Costs about 1000rs if I'm not mistaken.

And here is a snap of it on GTO's Benz:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/132219.jpg

Cheers!
Old 5th June 2010, 14:13   #21
Senior - BHPian

Oh my, A black polo, Damn neat mate! CONGRATULATIONS.

I saw a back polo the other day and was flat to see it, black tints, silver number plate, just petfect!

Wish you all the best and miles of happiness.

take care and drive safe.

Gaurav
Old 5th June 2010, 14:30   #22
BHPian

Always thought polo was a little dull looking for my tastes felt, Punto was better till i saw polo in black, first for me; it actually looks Very nice !!! congrats and please do drop in for meets that we usually have over weekends with family of course!!

PS. We can also see it in flesh and admire her with a small drive :lol what say
Old 5th June 2010, 14:56   #23
BHPian

congrats .beige interior and black exterior match well..

kindly take a closeup shot of the pearl-effect paint
under sunlight and post.
Old 5th June 2010, 15:07   #24
Senior - BHPian

8.25 + OTR ???? Phew. thats quite a lot of money for a hatchback! congrats the color looks great. have a safe drive.
Old 5th June 2010, 15:12   #25
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Chetan.
I was also there at the time of delivery and the black Polo looks even better in real.
Old 5th June 2010, 19:24   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post

I saw a back polo the other day and was flat to see it, black tints, silver number plate, just petfect!

Gaurav
Agreed... CBG... Black is smashing.. It is actually a Killer!! Congrats CBG..
Old 5th June 2010, 21:31   #27
Senior - BHPian

Congrats chetan on your polo TDi!

The TDI motor is really fun to work with and it sails past 4500 rpm with immense smoothness.
Old 5th June 2010, 22:53   #28
BHPian

Congrats chetan for the oil burner Polo, a first on the forum I believe. Certainly the OTR is quite high and the competition seems quite humble in comparo.
Great snaps. The car as always looks great. Mind sharing any stats regarding fuel efficiency.
Happy mile crunching.
Old 6th June 2010, 00:08   #29
Senior - BHPian

Alexpaul, Carfanatic007, Geeksrik, Poloman - Thanks a lot! I had a couple of meetings to attend today. After that, went around the city a bit. I am getting used to the car all the more! I am planning to go to Ranganathittu tomorrow morning. I will take a lot of snaps and post them tomorrow night - positively - Will not keep you guys waiting any longer.

Poloman - Would you like to join me? I will start by 9 am and plan to return by 6 pm. This place is near Mysore. Let me know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Chetan

Congrats! The car looks really cool. I had seen a black highline being readied for delivery when I visited my dealer for some accessories for my Polo and I must say you pictures although good, do not do justice to the classy looks of the car in real life. The Pearl effect has to be seen in the daytime when it is sunny to be fully appreciated. It looks royal.

Enjoy your car. It must be tough to part with her right after you got it when you for the weekend trip. But I am sure you will have lots of fun when you come back!
Thanks Monsoon!
I had planned to go out with family in my car this weekend. But something else came up and had to stay back. Usual problems with being self employed! Will go out on a long drive tomorrow with family. Definitely can not stay away from the car on the second day itself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Check out this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...tes-india.html

Costs about 1000rs if I'm not mistaken.

And here is a snap of it on GTO's Benz:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/132219.jpg

Cheers!
Thanks for the information. I am definately interested. Any idea if the size of the board can be varied?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post

Gaurav
Thanks Gaurav! Nice to hear from you. Chrome beadings will give a great contrast. I will post some pics once it is done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
Always thought polo was a little dull looking for my tastes felt, Punto was better till i saw polo in black, first for me; it actually looks Very nice !!! congrats and please do drop in for meets that we usually have over weekends with family of course!!

PS. We can also see it in flesh and admire her with a small drive :lol what say
Thanks Raj! Punto also looks great. But polo looks good inside out. I still wish Fiat had not tied up with TATA!

Thanks for the invitation. Will definitely try to make it some time. Generally - what is the agenda of the meet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
congrats .beige interior and black exterior match well..

kindly take a closeup shot of the pearl-effect paint
under sunlight and post.
Thanks Daewood! The combination looks great! I will definitely post some pics tomorrow.

I was thinking that the car will heat up, if parked in sun since it is black in color. But today, it was parked in sun for almost 5 hrs. It was absolutely fine when I got inside!! Good insulation!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve82 View Post
Agreed... CBG... Black is smashing.. It is actually a Killer!! Congrats CBG..
Thanks Steve! I think it will look better with the Chrome inserts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Congrats chetan on your polo TDi!

The TDI motor is really fun to work with and it sails past 4500 rpm with immense smoothness.
Thanks Sid! Last couple of days I have been driving this car. I am surprised that with each drive, fun increases!! I have not crossed 3000 RPM till now. I am planning for a long one tomorrow. Will try to touch 4000 atleast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
Congrats chetan for the oil burner Polo, a first on the forum I believe. Certainly the OTR is quite high and the competition seems quite humble in comparo.
Great snaps. The car as always looks great. Mind sharing any stats regarding fuel efficiency.
Happy mile crunching.
Thanks Utopian! Will try to give you some details in 2 days.
Old 6th June 2010, 01:09   #30
BHPian

Congrats on the Polo...Chethan ! All Black looks smashing...and will look even better with the right film, I too recently got Llumar SR 35 done to my Punto. It's barely legal (atleast in my book .. )but surely adds to the overall appeal of the car !

- B4W

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks