Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2010, 11:14   #46
Senior - BHPian

Chetan I also need them. Will talk to Kishore. Any idea on the cost?
Old 7th June 2010, 11:41   #47
BHPian

@ chethan,
Congrats on getting hands on the polo,it was a long wait isnt it
great pics , looks very classy black adds to the elegance of this beauty!

And yes you were reading my mind , I love those chrome stripes on the front air dam , its just adds a lot to the looks of this hatch . One thing that I dint like was that VW didnt give it as a stock accessory even in the high line .
But appreciate your spirit and commitment on trying to get it as a paid one !!
Cheeers again
Old 7th June 2010, 12:21   #48
Senior - BHPian

Woah Chetan what a Colour choice buddy, AAAASUM!!

Had never seen a Polo in Black and boy does she look Gorgeous. Congrats on your latest Acquisition. Would love to see your ride in person. How about we plan up a meet along with the Poloman sometime this weekend ??
Old 7th June 2010, 19:03   #49
BHPian

hey Chetan congrats on your black beauty, you will have to pamper this lady an extra bit to keep that shine on her and i guess you would love to do that. Can you compare the clutch, brake and accelerator positions with respect to petrol polo? how about stiffness of clutch in both? is the bottle-holder performing its duty
Old 7th June 2010, 19:14   #50
BHPian

Congrats Chetan on owning the black stunner...she looks awesome... and iam sure she is going to turn a head or two when you drive around in Bangalore.But maintaining the shine on her is going to take a lot of hard work...

btw How is the VW warranty? Was there an AMC available for it? if it was, at what cost?
Old 7th June 2010, 19:45   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Chetan I also need them. Will talk to Kishore. Any idea on the cost?
Around 3.5K

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
@ chethan,
Congrats on getting hands on the polo,it was a long wait isnt it
great pics , looks very classy black adds to the elegance of this beauty!

But appreciate your spirit and commitment on trying to get it as a paid one !!
Cheeers again
Thanks! Those chrome strips are worth it. And as it is, after purchasing the car, we resign to the fact that nothing comes free!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Woah Chetan what a Colour choice buddy, AAAASUM!!

Had never seen a Polo in Black and boy does she look Gorgeous. Congrats on your latest Acquisition. Would love to see your ride in person. How about we plan up a meet along with the Poloman sometime this weekend ??
Thanks Vic0728! We can meet but not this week end, since I will be out of station.

Quote:
Originally Posted by formel_eins View Post
hey Chetan congrats on your black beauty, you will have to pamper this lady an extra bit to keep that shine on her and i guess you would love to do that. Can you compare the clutch, brake and accelerator positions with respect to petrol polo? how about stiffness of clutch in both? is the bottle-holder performing its duty
Thanks Formal_eins!

Clutch is quite soft in Diesel. Not a problem at all. But in Petrol it is a bit hard. Poloman will have to get used to it sooner then later!

Positions are the same though.

I also feel that the in cabin insulation is better in Diesel! I am comfortable driving it.
Old 7th June 2010, 20:37   #52
BHPian

Many Congratulations Chetan !!! The Polo looks impressive in Black color. Have a happy and safe driving.
Old 7th June 2010, 23:08   #53
BHPian

clutch of polo diesel is softer than polo petrol are you sure about this, my impression was that diesel clutches are harder compared to petrols
Old 7th June 2010, 23:16   #54
Senior - BHPian

oh my god! Thats one awesome looking car! Brilliant!
Old 8th June 2010, 00:01   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veels n Rhodes View Post
Many Congratulations Chetan !!! The Polo looks impressive in Black color. Have a happy and safe driving.
Thanks a million!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by formel_eins View Post
clutch of polo diesel is softer than polo petrol are you sure about this, my impression was that diesel clutches are harder compared to petrols
Yes. I was also under the same impression until I saw it for myself! Clutch pedal is high-set. This combined with the hardness, makes it a bit more difficult to operate in petrol Polo. Gaurav could be a better person to comment on this. One more thing I observed is that Gaurav is using 2 mats, one over the other. May be this makes it easier for him to reach.

Gaurav. Can you please comment?
Old 8th June 2010, 00:06   #56
Senior - BHPian

looks neat in black, though not a fan of the extending bumper lip.
Old 8th June 2010, 00:59   #57
Senior - BHPian

Polo 1.2L TDI 3 Pot Diesel Engine - Performance!

New Polo 1.2L TDI 3 pot Diesel engine - Performance.
  1. Turbo assist – Starts at 1900 RPM
  2. Turbo assist is gradual in nature and does not act like a “Switch”.
  3. Very good Drivibility.
  4. In-gear acceleration in 3rd and 4th gear is excellent.
  5. Engine is relaxed even at 140 KMPH!
  6. 80 KMPH in top gear – 2000 rpm!
  7. 120 KMPH in top gear – 3000 rpm
  8. 100 KMPH in 4th gear – 3200 rpm
  9. 140 KMPH in top gear – 3500 rpm! – And eager to do more!!
  10. Inside cabin insulation for both noise and heat - Very good.
  11. Out-right acceleration is just average – Mainly from 0 – 20 KMPH.
Now, let us consider the following 4 scenarios:
  1. B2B traffic: In a bumper to bumper traffic, we normally use 1st gear without throttle. Or at the most use 2nd gear with minimum throttle. At this speed, engine will be running without turbo assist. But still, the power delivery is adequate and will serve the purpose. Also, since the turbo assist is gradual, acceleration is very much predictable. This helps!
  2. Normal city traffic: In this scenario, key is to maintain the RPM above 2000. For this, we have to up-shift the gear at not less than 2300 RPM. Otherwise, the drop in RPM during gear shift will result in a low power zone and we will be forced to down-shift again. If we slow down due to traffic and the RPM drops much below 1800, it is best to down-shift before accelerating again. Once we get used to this, it is a cake walk!
  3. Overtaking a bus which is at a speed of 80-90 KMPH: Just shift (down-shift) to 4th gear and you will zoom past the Bus.
  4. Acceleration on a highway, after slowing down at a hump: Usually we slow down to less then 5 KMPH nearing the hump. After crossing, we try to accelerate fast. This is where we can feel the lag. Cars like Quails will move ahead of us. But after a very short distance, we will get even with the traffic.
Overall - Great car to own and drive as a common motorist. Enthusiasts will need more!!
Old 8th June 2010, 06:45   #58
BHPian

Congrats Chetan on owning the black stunner...she looks awesome... and iam sure she is going to turn a head or two when you drive around in Bangalore.But maintaining the shine on her is going to take a lot of hard work...

btw How is the VW warranty? Was there an AMC available for it? if it was, at what cost?
Old 8th June 2010, 09:56   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharathnair View Post

Thank you Sharath.

VW gives 2 years - Unlimited mileage warranty.
AMC for 5 years and Extended warranties are available. But Prices are yet to be announced. I will try to get the details and post it at the earliest.

Congratulations! Happy Cruising! It is a great looking car. And GM-Service is dependable.

Last edited by Chethan B G : 8th June 2010 at 10:01.
Old 8th June 2010, 10:06   #60
BHPian

Quote:
VW gives 2 years - Unlimited mileage warranty.
AMC for 5 years and Extended warranties are available. But Prices are yet to be announced. I will try to get the details and post it at the earliest.

Congratulations! Happy Cruising! It is a great looking car. And GM-Service is dependable.
Thanks Chethan, we are yet to get the delivery. It was a tough choice to make actually between Jetta,Laura,Altis AT and Cruze (Skoda horror stories helped ) Hoping that the GM service will be dependable... Going to be a first time GM owner...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks