Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2010, 13:10   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
I have been noticing this from day-1.

Other Polo TDI owners - Can you please share your experience?

Well, I have not experienced any such problem with my car till now. I have done about 700 kms. since delivery of the vehicle. The turbo assist does activate without any problem (or jerk) from the very first drive every morning. Would suggest that you check it up with the dealership.
Old 20th June 2010, 17:33   #152
BHPian

Chethan B G

Did you get 3D Kagu mats for your polo.
Old 20th June 2010, 23:44   #153
Senior - BHPian

Polo - Diesel 2300 Kms Review.

Polo has done 2300 Kms as on date. I had been to Savanadurga today, which is near Bangalore. On the way, enjoyed some spirited driving. Please find below my observations:
  • 3rd gear 100Kmph ----- 4600 RPM
  • 4th gear 140Kmph ----- 4600 RPM
  • 5th gear 160Kmph ----- 4200 RPM! - Still eager to go!!
  • Engine has become smoother - Noise has reduced. Engine is relaxed even at 160 KMPH! - No sign of stress.
  • 17.25 Kmpl - City:Highway 50:50 - Tank full to Tank full.
  • Sunfilms, Body paint protection, Mud flaps and floor mats are done.
  • 3D Kagu mats - will take another 1 and 1/2 months.
  • 1 ltr Capacity - Vacuum steel bottle fits the bottle holder perfectly. (But makes some noise until it settles down)
New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-p6200146.jpg

Excellent all-round visibility except for the rear.
New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-p6200147.jpg

Savana Durga is about 50 Kms from Bangalore.
New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-p6200144.jpg

Shadow of the Chrome inserts falls on the rear view mirror. This is very much annoying - at times.
New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-p6200148.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvmallya View Post
Well, I have not experienced any such problem with my car till now. I have done about 700 kms. since delivery of the vehicle. The turbo assist does activate without any problem (or jerk) from the very first drive every morning. Would suggest that you check it up with the dealership.
Thanks Uvmallya. Will get it checked at the dealership.
Old 21st June 2010, 01:27   #154
BHPian

Chethan,

You are doing an excellent job by posting so many pics which explain all the details, thanks
Old 21st June 2010, 02:33   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't like the look of that reflection.

I wonder if sun film will help?
Old 21st June 2010, 02:37   #156
Senior - BHPian

Liked the fact that the door opens nice and wide. The interiors look good.
The FE figures seem to be very good, this is a definite positive.

Is the driver's seat pushed back a lot? The rear legroom seems a tad low.
Old 21st June 2010, 08:25   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfanatic007 View Post
Chethan,

You are doing an excellent job by posting so many pics which explain all the details, thanks
It is my pleasure!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

I have already got a sun-film on the glass - Llumar Natural 35 SR. May be a darker one might help. I would recommend TL/CL users not to bother about Chrome inserts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Liked the fact that the door opens nice and wide. The interiors look good. The FE figures seem to be very good, this is a definite positive.

Is the driver's seat pushed back a lot? The rear legroom seems a tad low.
Thanks for the feedback.

I usually drive without back seat passengers. If my daughter accompanies us, she will sleep on the back seat!! But, my father who is 5'8" tall had sat behind the driver seat without any problem. Rear leg space is less. No doubt about that. But practically, I have not seen it creating a problem. I have had 25 different people sitting in the back seat at different times, in the last 15 days. That is mainly because the car is new - Every-one asks for a sample ride!!

The other thing I liked is that - This is a rev happy engine. Engine does not feel strained if pushed. Even at 160 Kmph, I felt that I could have cruised for ever, if the road permits.

Even on our best roads, until 130 Kmph, I feel confident of the control. After that - road imperfections tends to get exaggerated.
Old 21st June 2010, 09:51   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

Quote:
I have already got a sun-film on the glass - Llumar Natural 35 SR. May be a darker one might help. I would recommend TL/CL users not to bother about Chrome inserts.
The reflection is becos of the sunfilm If you lower the windows, the reflection will be gone.

Is there on my Fiesta too, and I raised the same doubt! Thanks Gilead@ for clearing it up.

To reduce, try not to put shine on the dashboard by using dashboard cleaner etc...a matte effect on the dashboard plastics/chrome will help in reducing the reflection.
Old 21st June 2010, 09:58   #159
Senior - BHPian

Sanjay, it is not because of sunfilm. the reflection is predominant in my Polo also which is not having sun film.
Old 21st June 2010, 10:07   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Sanjay, it is not because of sunfilm. the reflection is predominant in my Polo also which is not having sun film.
Sorry, i meant to say the window glass..the sunfilm on it only aggravates the problem..check out if you lower the window, is the reflection still there in the ORVM?
Old 21st June 2010, 10:10   #161
Senior - BHPian

I agree. Surely it is because of window glass. But no solution in sight.We have to live with it.
Old 21st June 2010, 10:48   #162
BHPian

I hate chrome linings on the a/c vents just becos of that single reason. LOL. Goes on the reinforce the saying "All that glitters is not gold"!
Old 21st June 2010, 10:51   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Poloman, If I am right, you have not put any shine on the dashboard. When I got my paint protection coating done, the fellow has put this shine also. He was mentioning that it will reduce reflection!! I can clearly make out the difference. Earlier, I could not see the reflection of the dash and also the head light knob. Only AC vent insert was visible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
To reduce, try not to put shine on the dashboard by using dashboard cleaner etc...a matte effect on the dashboard plastics/chrome will help in reducing the reflection.

Sorry, i meant to say the window glass..the sunfilm on it only aggravates the problem..check out if you lower the window, is the reflection still there in the ORVM?
Sanjay, this seems to be a common problem.

If you pull down the glass, you are eliminating the reflecting media - in between. Naturally, you will not get the reflection on the ORVM. Polo has pre-tinted glass. This may aggravate the problem.

But, you are right. Reflection was less before I got the Sunfilm. Darker Sunfilm may increase it further. Another thing, I feel the looks were better before I got the Sunfilm.

So, Poloman - You are better off without the Sunfilm.
Old 21st June 2010, 10:55   #164
BHPian

Quote:
If you pull down the glass, you are eliminating the reflecting media - in between. Naturally, you will not get the reflection on the ORVM.
The reflection in the ORVM is only an illusion..the real culprit is the window glass..the reflection is actually taking place there.
Old 21st June 2010, 11:01   #165
Senior - BHPian

Chetan, As a policy I don't put sun film on my cars. good to hear from you that the car looks better without sun film. I also think Polo has some form of tint since the interiors are much cooler even with out A/C.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks