Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2010, 17:37   #211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaro123 View Post
Hey chethan have you looked at Cross POLO available in Europe. Its exterior and interior is awesome. Thread is available Global forum.
It's road gripping - bug style front, looks awesome!! Nice concept. Can be a hit in India if launched.
Old 27th June 2010, 18:02   #212
BHPian

Nice pics Chetan. The center panel looks elegant and I like those lights on the door. All together a delightful ambiance at night.

I remember seeing prominent light near the 12v socket and around it. Is there a control for that light? Because your pics don't show that light glowing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
That is the number of days left for service. Service Interval is 15,000Kms or 1 year, whichever is earlier.
Really cool. We might have to wait and see how the car behaves after 10k. If it doesn't cry for service, nothing like that.

Quote:
Driver seat adjust is a waste IMHO. But shorter drivers need to comment on this.
Not only shorter drivers, but also drivers who are a bit tall and huge. That seat adjustment really helps them in getting in and getting out of the car conveniently. We can adjust the seat and steering in such a way that there is enough space for our thighs to get in without cramping the legs. The tall hatches like Swift or Ritz may not create that issue; Since polo has lower level of seating, I feel it is essential.
Seat and steering adjustment are boon for people like me.
Old 27th June 2010, 20:27   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Driver seat adjust is a waste IMHO. But shorter drivers need to comment on this.
Not really. The seats are really low in this car. I'm 5'10" and had to adjust the seat height to the max and that gave me a clear view of the road ahead.
Old 27th June 2010, 22:04   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Not really. The seats are really low in this car. I'm 5'10" and had to adjust the seat height to the max and that gave me a clear view of the road ahead.
But then, how was the back support and under thigh support?

During seat height adjustment, only the back portion of the seat is tilted up or down - Not the entire seat. When this happens, the angle between the bottom seat and the back rest changes. This causes a bit of inconvenience. So, I thought that it was use-less.

May-be, back rest also has to be adjusted to get back the same angle as before. then, it may be fine. But, will the under-thigh support be alright?

In my case, I like a low seated driving position. It gives me a sporty feel. So, I have lowered the seat to the maximum. At this position, Lumbar and under-thigh support is excellent. I do not have any problem.
Old 27th June 2010, 22:08   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinay-JS View Post
I remember seeing prominent light near the 12v socket and around it. Is there a control for that light? Because your pics don't show that light glowing.
Vinay, it must be the cigarette lighter. It is not part of the standard accessory as of now.

Or, do you mean any thing else?
Old 28th June 2010, 00:05   #216
BHPian

Yes Chetan. Now one doubt is cleared. But look at this pic by hpzone. There looks like some light is glowing beyond the cigarette lighter in the compartment where we can keep our mobiles or other stuffs. Is there a switch for that?
Attached Thumbnails
New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-untitled.jpg  

Old 28th June 2010, 00:34   #217

Amazing color choice.
I had to book another car as there is no dealership of VW in or near my city. Love the quality if VW. Enjoy the ride
Old 28th June 2010, 01:19   #218
BHPian

Regarding height adjustment of seat. When i first sat on the on displayed POLO, I was not able to see front of the POLO. It was pretty difficult for me to even consider that driving position. But when I took TD myself I was comfortable and it was comfortline which I took for TD, may be it was that height adjustment that came up for giving me all the comfort in driving. I think its the great option for having height adjustment seats.
Old 28th June 2010, 08:16   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinay-JS View Post
Yes Chetan. Now one doubt is cleared. But look at this pic by hpzone. There looks like some light is glowing beyond the cigarette lighter in the compartment where we can keep our mobiles or other stuffs. Is there a switch for that?
The light you are mentioning is lit in the storage area as you mentioned. This does not belong to the car. It must be from something that was stored. May be, a iPod or a DC/AC converter or any other thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaro123 View Post
Regarding height adjustment of seat. When i first sat on the on displayed POLO, I was not able to see front of the POLO. It was pretty difficult for me to even consider that driving position. But when I took TD myself I was comfortable and it was comfortline which I took for TD, may be it was that height adjustment that came up for giving me all the comfort in driving. I think its the great option for having height adjustment seats.
I agree Subaro123, It is definitely better to have it and not use it - rather than not to have it at all!

This feature works the same in all cars I have seen.
Old 28th June 2010, 09:53   #220
BHPian

Quote:
The light you are mentioning is lit in the storage area as you mentioned. This does not belong to the car. It must be from something that was stored. May be, a iPod or a DC/AC converter or any other thing.
hmmm...then probably hpzone must tell what that light is .

But somehow i liked that mild light. Hope VW had provided that.
Old 28th June 2010, 12:11   #221
Senior - BHPian

Spare Part PriceList

MODERATOR NOTE: Please note that posting scanned magazine articles without permission of the editor is a voilation of copyright laws and is not permitted on tbhp. Thanks

Last edited by Mpower : 28th June 2010 at 18:02.
Chethan B G is offline   Received Infraction
Old 28th June 2010, 12:23   #222
Senior - BHPian

Simply superb Chetan. Was eagerly looking forward for such a report. This will be an eye opener for all the people who were crying that Polo parts will be costlier. Some parts are even cheaper than a Tata indica.
Can you post this on the main Polo test drive thread.
Old 28th June 2010, 12:45   #223
BHPian

[quote=Chethan B G;1956669]

"Percentage of parts to car price" gives an interesting view point.

IMHO Fabia with reduced Spare part price and with new Polo engines, is something to watch out for. They have to improve the service though.

Great Job Chetan.!! Now i can drive my Polo Diesel without any horror stories ,considering spare prices arent exhorbitent.!
Nice post buddy!!
Old 28th June 2010, 13:21   #224
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for scanning the spare part survey Chetan. The spares of the Polo aren't really that expensive. It's at par with the rest of the competition.
Honda Jazz spare parts are priced catastrophically high!!
Old 28th June 2010, 13:24   #225
Senior - BHPian

What about UVA?? Are the people aware of the parts pricing when they buy UVA?
Polo tops the list only in Front bumper. Going froward they may even reduce the pricing further once they achieve volumes.

Last edited by poloman : 28th June 2010 at 13:27.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks