Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2014, 18:09   #1336
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
You will need those if you are someone who uses the peak power too very often, for my usage of very occasional highway sprints the brakes and suspension (OE ones are pretty darn stiff already) is holding on really really well. The whole power delivery makes you feel good, not just at red line. Better tyres (with proper tyre pressure) adds a lot to cornering behavior and braking dynamics along with ABS. Completely satisfied with its adequacy so far. Its another thing if you use it like a race car or take it to the track/drag strip, which I do not recommend as this one is more of a <8sec 0-100kph tourer with a 1.55 ton tank like build and a similarly accorded performance than a boy-racer.
Yes the whole idea of adding upgrades is to feel good. Every owner has his own individual priorities and choice when it comes to customizing one's car. That's the beauty of these upgrades! makes you feel you are driving a special car which you have customized as per your liking. . Looking at your list of mods I just felt your car could do with some upgrades to the brakes and suspension to take on those 3 litre German diesels
Santoshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2014, 18:49   #1337
Senior - BHPian

re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Yes the whole idea of adding upgrades is to feel good. Every owner has his own individual priorities and choice when it comes to customizing one's car. That's the beauty of these upgrades! makes you feel you are driving a special car which you have customized as per your liking. . Looking at your list of mods I just felt your car could do with some upgrades to the brakes and suspension to take on those 3 litre German diesels
Pls dont get me wrong, susp and brake upgrades only add to the over all experience for sure however I was just suggesting that for the power output and my usage pattern the OE brakes and Suspension seem safely adequate for the moment. Car holds well around corners and brakes feel sharp and consistent. Mind you I am using after market brake pads.....these could be better than OE I aint sure of that though.
Old 21st October 2014, 13:51   #1338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
3. Custom turbo down pipe and decat: approx 11k incl labor. Significant positive difference this one makes.
Thank you for the info.

Just few more doubts. Where did you get this done? And what is the change in sound?

EDIT: Oh and one more!

Does the Indian Cruze (150PS VM Motori engine) have a DPF?

Last edited by rangakishen : 21st October 2014 at 13:55.
Old 21st October 2014, 14:49   #1339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangakishen View Post
Thank you for the info.

Just few more doubts. Where did you get this done? And what is the change in sound?
I got it done through a friend of mine...pm me if you are interested, I will put you on to him. Very mild change in sound, almost inaudible.

EDIT: Oh and one more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangakishen View Post
Does the Indian Cruze (150PS VM Motori engine) have a DPF?
No, it doesnt.

Last edited by The Wolf : 21st October 2014 at 14:57.
The Wolf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2014, 22:20   #1340
BHPian

I have become a fan of Cruze after going through this thread. But, sad to see "White Annihilator" in the classifieds section.
JoseVijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2014, 00:41   #1341
Senior - BHPian

Wow, Avi.

Why are you selling the white annihilator ? Has the upgrade bug bit you again ?
Are you planning to switch to BMW/AUDI now ?
Old 21st November 2014, 07:57   #1342
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations, Avi!

I'm sure there is a new thread in the offering for us!
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2014, 13:52   #1343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Wow, Avi.

Why are you selling the white annihilator ? Has the upgrade bug bit you again ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Congratulations, Avi!

I'm sure there is a new thread in the offering for us!
I know the reason for selling away the WA. But it would be improper for me to share it. Let us wait for the WA's boss to share it with us all.
Old 22nd November 2014, 09:06   #1344
Team-BHP Support

In the Classified, the reason stated is Personal. What does that translate to? Please respect his decision/privacy. If something is to be disclosed, I believe it will be done by him, when he chooses to. Let us respect that.

Thanks
Sheel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2014, 14:09   #1345
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
I have become a fan of Cruze after going through this thread. But, sad to see "White Annihilator" in the classifieds section
Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Wow, Avi.Why are you selling the white annihilator ? Has the upgrade bug bit you again ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Congratulations, Avi!I'm sure there is a new thread in the offering for us!
Thanks for your kind words guys. Iam glad you enjoyed reading about my Cruze as much as I enjoyed sharing it with you all

It has been a joy till date and this thread was stagnant for a while because there is nothing much to write about it.

It still drives like a dream and has zero issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
I know the reason for selling away the WA. But it would be improper for me to share it. Let us wait for the WA's boss to share it with us all.
Woah! I dont recall sharing it with anyone here. Could you please highlight it?

Actually its no big secret but, would love to know what you know and from whom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
In the Classified, the reason stated is Personal. What does that translate to? Please respect his decision/privacy. If something is to be disclosed, I believe it will be done by him, when he chooses to. Let us respect that.Thanks
Thanks Sheel....As mentioned above its no big secret but, I wouldnt like to normally advertise everything that I do in my personal life unless its really important
Old 24th November 2014, 14:30   #1346
Senior - BHPian

One of the best ownership threads but equally sad to see you let go of the cruze . I hope for whatever personal reason it is, the cruze is paving way for something big .

Wishing you all the very best

Rakesh

Last edited by rakesh_r : 24th November 2014 at 14:32.
rakesh_r is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2014, 18:33   #1347
MDe
BHPian

I came back to this thread to get my regular dose of whats new on Cruze and WA but read this news. Your updates on WA will definitely be missed. But I hope to see updates in the same manner for your next buy. All the best!
Old 4th December 2014, 16:56   #1348
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
One of the best ownership threads but equally sad to see you let go of the cruze . I hope for whatever personal reason it is, the cruze is paving way for something big
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDe View Post
I came back to this thread to get my regular dose of whats new on Cruze and WA but read this news. Your updates on WA will definitely be missed. But I hope to see updates in the same manner for your next buy. All the best!
Thanks for your kind words. Iam glad you enjoyed reading my Cruze's updates

Actually, Iam moving out of the country. Hence, the decision to sell !!!

Earlier this week, I got a letter from Chevrolet and followed by a call from KUN. About some recall related to PVC bracket

Following day, I spoke to my favorite ASC guy and didnt bother asking him things in detail and he got the car picked up at 10am from home, got the work done and returned the car by 4:00pm

Zero Bill, ofcourse !!!

There is no words to describe the joy that i have experienced owning this flawless piece of machinery. Iam going to be indeed sad that this rocket will go to somebody else home very soon
mobike008 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th January 2015, 10:15   #1349
Distinguished - BHPian

Note : I have to regretfully share the news that my "White Annihilator" is SOLD

It's going into a family friend's home and hoping will be taken care of similar to how I took care of it

Buying & Owning a Chevrolet Cruze has been the best decision of my life and there were zero issues with it and was as reliable as any Japanese car out there and power and drivability was incomparable to any other car <25 lakhs

Thank you all for being part of this mindblowing ownership journey and sharing your love and comments

CLOSING THREAD !!!
mobike008 is offline   (14) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks