Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2011, 22:25   #316
BHPian

re: My preworshipped Honda Civic - Scorponok. Now with Vtec indicator

@dot,

Beautiful pictures. What stunning lush green lands with dreamy water falls and a great Godly chariot showing himself up to bless the scene!! Really majestic- he is. Is that a scratch on that rear bumper? Hope you might have removed it with all those magical potions. Expect to see more of him in the soon to release comparo.

Last edited by charthom : 21st August 2011 at 22:31.
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2011, 22:41   #317
Distinguished - BHPian

Wonderful breathtaking shots, Dot. Thank you for posting them. Lush countryside and the majestic Civic standing proud in the centre. Wow!

The small dent in the 5th pic stands out. Looks like some two-wheeler got too close at a red signal or something. Nothing which a touch-up job can't take care of.

Plus I love those accessory pics! Scorponok should stand out from the rest with that proud badge on him!
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2011, 22:58   #318
Senior - BHPian

hey Dot nice pics. May be could you get a Dot's BHP sticker.Anyways i noticed the back H logo is missing ,was it stolen.Also where did you get the transformer decal from ?
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2011, 23:39   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Thanks dude. I am indeed impressed that you could spot the air vent refresheners. I thought they were cool. Pretty sure that they will be available here soon.

BTW, I spotted a strangely familiar Civic in Wakad today evening. Any idea how?
I am getting old, but not that old yet i guess
Really did you spot Chicca? i doubt so.
I was driving the Golden Beauty all day so it was not me for sure.
Plus after out exterior photo shoot i accidentally took Chicca's key home with me. So though my parent's had Chicca parked at their place, the keys were with me

I too love the Scorpo's colour. When i use to browse the Honda website lusting after the Civic. I had practically made up my mind that this would be the colour. But when it came time to buying, my wife and i opted silver as we both were very comfortable with the colour, the Matiz being silver too.
I don't know if you remember, my mom was telling you about the colour when we met up yesterday. She too loved the bluish silver as we called it.

Dot ~ am glad that you have hit the road as soon as you got back. Gentlemen DOT is back in action, and HOW!

Hope to meet up with you tomorrow.

Hey Noops ~ Where are you? haven't seen you on the hooked and booked thread.

Last edited by mdsaab : 21st August 2011 at 23:40.
Old 22nd August 2011, 12:14   #320
Senior - BHPian

Welcome back Dotty! What a lovely drive it must have been to Kaas. Lovely pics too.
The stash looks, oh-so tempting. Where do you plan to put the "SCORPNOK", if not already done?

Lets catch up soon.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2011, 07:54   #321
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Is that a scratch on that rear bumper? Hope you might have removed it with all those magical potions. Expect to see more of him in the soon to release comparo.
I have realized that life is full of scratches. You get it, accept it, heal it and move on. I have definitely moved on. Now I need to go back and heal all of them soon.

Coming back to silver blue color, I am trying to create a color mix out of the scratch pens. From the stash picture, one can see that there a silver pen and an indigo pen. When Scorpo was part-painted in May, I remember the folks at garage made a mix mainly with silver with indigo with a hint of green. Will try to see a reasonable match can be made. I have already applied the gray filler+ primer mix pen on the front bumper, next to the left wheel well, where a pesky two-wheeler made a irritating scratch sometime back (immediately after the paint job exercise). The gray filler has settled well and look of the bumper has become better. Since the gray filler and primer has a color similar to Scorpo's blue, the effect is not too bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
I don't know if you remember, my mom was telling you about the colour when we met up yesterday. She too loved the bluish silver as we called it.
Of course I remember. Coming to the spotting, is it possible that there is one more silver 1117 Civic in our town?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Anyways i noticed the back H logo is missing ,was it stolen.Also where did you get the transformer decal from ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Scorponok should stand out from the rest with that proud badge on him!
Thanks. Yes, the logo was stolen during the hay days of stealing last Jan-Feb time frame. Initially I was thought that the sticker was cheesy, after noops' assurance, it has remained like that.

The decepticon mark is not a decal, it is an emblem. It was bought from Amazon along with all the audio parts. Since it is an emblem it will stand out like a OEM logo when pasted. That also means it can be stolen. Hmm..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Where do you plan to put the "SCORPNOK", if not already done?
Not decided yet. Looking forward for your ideas on this.

BTW,
1. ICE installation is ongoing. Hopefully it will be done today. Initially they had kept the amp below the passenger's seat. I didnt like that as it will block the rear AC vent completely. So it is being moved to the trunk and placed next to the ReQ. The sub box has come out really well. It looks rather deadly. Installer (Ramesh bhai) is not happy with it though. He has ordered a grill for the cone as he says that a flying luggage piece can damage the material during drives. Will post pics soon. He has also decided to keep the coax on front along with original tweeters and components at the rear. Since I love experiments, I didnt oppose. Lets see how it turns out, if it is not good then configuration can be changed later.

Right now Scorpo has only the driver's seat in it as the rest of the seats are cooling heels in Ramesh Bhai's shed.

2. Last weekend I met a special BHPian who was travelling cross country on his black Civic. Actually it was great of him to stop by during the trip. I will post the pictures on his travelogue when it is up, contrary to the initial ideas of posting them here.

Last edited by dot : 23rd August 2011 at 07:56.
dot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2011, 08:30   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
I have realized that life is full of scratches. You get it, accept it, heal it and move on. I have definitely moved on. Now I need to go back and heal all of them soon.

Coming back to silver blue color, I am trying to create a color mix out of the scratch pens. From the stash picture, one can see that there a silver pen and an indigo pen. When Scorpo was part-painted in May, I remember the folks at garage made a mix mainly with silver with indigo with a hint of green. Will try to see a reasonable match can be made. I have already applied the gray filler+ primer mix pen on the front bumper, next to the left wheel well, where a pesky two-wheeler made a irritating scratch sometime back (immediately after the paint job exercise). The gray filler has settled well and look of the bumper has become better. Since the gray filler and primer has a color similar to Scorpo's blue, the effect is not too bad.
Regarding scratch pens this is what I have. it worked on the UT of the City and not very effectively on black.

Clear scratch pen

My preworshipped Honda Civic - Scorponok. Now with Vtec indicator-dsc00984.jpg

My preworshipped Honda Civic - Scorponok. Now with Vtec indicator-dsc00985.jpg

If deemed sutuiable,please give a try.

Quote:
BTW,
1. ICE installation is ongoing. Hopefully it will be done today. Initially they had kept the amp below the passenger's seat. I didnt like that as it will block the rear AC vent completely. So it is being moved to the trunk and placed next to the ReQ. The sub box has come out really well. It looks rather deadly. Installer (Ramesh bhai) is not happy with it though. He has ordered a grill for the cone as he says that a flying luggage piece can damage the material during drives. Will post pics soon. He has also decided to keep the coax on front along with original tweeters and components at the rear. Since I love experiments, I didnt oppose. Lets see how it turns out, if it is not good then configuration can be changed later.
Great news. Look forward to the snaps and a criosp review from you.

Quote:
Right now Scorpo has only the driver's seat in it as the rest of the seats are cooling heels in Ramesh Bhai's shed.
No better way to drive solo.

Quote:
2. Last weekend I met a special BHPian who was travelling cross country on his black Civic. Actually it was great of him to stop by during the trip. I will post the pictures on his travelogue when it is up, contrary to the initial ideas of posting them here.
Great to hear!! Coax him to post the Travelogue soon.
charthom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2011, 13:23   #323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot
I didnt like that as it will block the rear AC vent completely. So it is being moved to the trunk and placed next to the ReQ. The sub box has come out really well. It looks rather deadly.
Rear AC vent? Did the older Civics have under-seat AC vents for rear passengers a la Laura (if I'm not mistaken)?! Wow! I wonder what made Honda drop them in the "facelifted" Civic.

And could you please post a picture of your 'woofer box? I'm quite in love with mine (which I used in my old 800 and is sitting idle now as I'm afraid of messing with precious Honda's electricals while under warranty).

Regards,
spadix
Old 23rd August 2011, 13:25   #324
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
Rear AC vent? Did the older Civics have under-seat AC vents for rear passengers a la Laura (if I'm not mistaken)?! Wow! I wonder what made Honda drop them in the "facelifted" Civic.
What? Honda dropped them in the facelift? I doubt it, maybe a mat or something is blocking your vents?
Old 23rd August 2011, 14:03   #325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
There are rear AC vents under seats in pre as well as post facelifted Civics. I have seen it in my car and a friend's new Civic.

Dot, amazing pics mate. The more I see this color, the more it grows on me. And the might ICE bug has bitten you as well, eh! Good to know that your ears will have an option to choose what kind of music they want to hear, the usual dhinchk dhinchk or the awesome i-vtec growl.

Please post the pics of your new ICE setup once it is done.
Old 23rd August 2011, 14:26   #326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355
There are rear AC vents under seats in pre as well as post facelifted Civics. I have seen it in my car and a friend's new Civic.
@Ace, @Akshay, thanks for pointing this out. It's always wonderful to learn something new about your own car. Incidentally, we learnt only after 5-and-something years (can you believe it!?) that Dad's Indigo LX (pre-DiCOR) has fog lamps! :stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355
the usual dhinchk dhinchk or the awesome i-vtec growl.
Come to think of it, it's definitely not the VTEC in action that causes that addictive snarl of the R18A at higher RPMs.

My wife - who historically hated revving engines too much - has also taken a liking for that snarl and guns the car liberally whenever the conditions permit it.

Regards,
spadix
Old 23rd August 2011, 15:08   #327
BHPian

So the ICE bug finally bit you it seems, good going post more details of equipment going inside.
Using Stock HU or aftermarket with dashkit?
Me too planning something similar for my rocket.

Hows the experience in driving the car seat and ICEless??
Old 24th August 2011, 03:54   #328
BHPian

@ DOT - Awesome thread. Don't get time to visit T-Bhp as much I'd like these days, but I sure am glad that I decided to do so today and stumbled upon your thread. Believe it or not - read the whole thread - from start to finish in a single sitting.

Your car is a beauty and reaffirms the faith that good pre-owned / worshiped cars can be found if someone displays patience and perseverance (like you did). Apart from the detail to be found on this thread, also loved the amount of knowledge once can gain about the Civic from this thread - and why it still commands the respect it does on the second hand market.

Thanks for sharing...
sirajbose is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2011, 11:44   #329
Senior - BHPian

Hey DOT....
Nice pics.. super.... the backgroud is amazing.
Wish you had given more time in composing the pictures while clicking.
Anyways, I have just edited one your pics ..
Forget the grainy clouds .... nice background though.

My preworshipped Honda Civic - Scorponok. Now with Vtec indicator-copy-19082011836.jpg

My Concorde ......

My preworshipped Honda Civic - Scorponok. Now with Vtec indicator-dscn4074.jpg
sushrutha is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2011, 14:52   #330
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirajbose View Post
Apart from the detail to be found on this thread, also loved the amount of knowledge once can gain about the Civic from this thread - and why it still commands the respect it does on the second hand market.

Thanks for sharing...
Thanks for dropping by. Appreciate your comments and good wishes. Hope that my experiences will come in handy for friends out here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Anyways, I have just edited one your pics ..
Forget the grainy clouds .... nice background though.
Hey, you have some skill on photoshopping. The twin pics looked awesome. Thanks for posting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
And the might ICE bug has bitten you as well, eh! Good to know that your ears will have an option to choose what kind of music they want to hear, the usual dhinchk dhinchk or the awesome i-vtec growl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
So the ICE bug finally bit you it seems, good going post more details of equipment going inside.
Using Stock HU or aftermarket with dashkit?
Me too planning something similar for my rocket.

Hows the experience in driving the car seat and ICEless??
Firstly the ICE installation is still ongoing. The ReQ is acting as a secondary HU as I am using its Aux-in for all purposes. The OEM HU is connected through ReQ to amp. Though everything is packed up, there are issues like alternator whine and bad bass. Even though speaker and power lines were laid separately, alternator whine come after the system was switched on. The whine was reduced by a large extent after ReQ and amp were given same ground. Still it is present. So further work is needed. The sub is sounding terrible, however without the sub the speakers are sounding very nice. So tune-up is needed. If the whine does not go, I might change the set-up.

http://www.termpro.com/articles/noise.html

I am so tied up these days that not finding time to post, leave alone pictures.

Last edited by dot : 25th August 2011 at 14:54.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks