Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2011, 23:32   #361
Senior - BHPian

re: My preworshipped Honda Civic - Scorponok. Now with Vtec indicator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Ok, some more dust brushed off.. The first one is a spatter of good looking vehicles.
There dot ! Doesn't Scorpo look much better with other vehicles meaning non Civic types ?!!
Nice snaps overall.
Have all the US toys found their place in Scorpo or do some still await installation ?
Old 22nd September 2011, 14:12   #362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
These were the times Scorponok met some other stalwart Civics of the forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
Here are some more pictures from our mini-meet -
Two mean Civics (and two mean men) standing together is a sight to behold.
Old 22nd September 2011, 15:40   #363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Wasnt there a TLog coming from you? (Sorry, that's like pot calling the kettle black! I have two pending already).
Pot & kettle indeed. What am I supposed to do at office if you guys dont put up your travelogues at all? I am running out of things to read you know

Quote:
So much to do and so little time.
Amazing pics saar! Now that I know who the ICE guru is, can I start asking questions about the ICE setup for my ride?
Do I have to be passing Pune to meet you too? Sorry, sarcasm stocks building up as the week is not ending yet
Old 22nd September 2011, 19:00   #364
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
There dot ! Doesn't Scorpo look much better with other vehicles meaning non Civic types ?!!
Yeah, close encounters with the strange kind.

Quote:
Have all the US toys found their place in Scorpo or do some still await installation ?
Well light bulbs and sound system has been installed. Detailing stuff being used as required. ELM device has been checked but need to get a good software. I used the touch up primer. It worked pretty well. Too bad that there are no pictures. The tyre pressure gauge is working fine. Lettering has not been touched as I am paranoid about losing them.

Thats all I got? Damn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
Two mean Civics (and two mean men) standing together is a sight to behold.
Thanks. Multiple Civics together is certainly a nice sight. Mean men...well no, unless we are Arnold or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Pot & kettle indeed. What am I supposed to do at office if you guys dont put up your travelogues at all? I am running out of things to read you know.
Thats a very good question. Now who you were saying your manager is?

Quote:
Amazing pics saar! Now that I know who the ICE guru is, can I start asking questions about the ICE setup for my ride?
Do I have to be passing Pune to meet you too? Sorry, sarcasm stocks building up as the week is not ending yet
With two bit of gain setting experience, I certainly cannot apply for the post of an ICE guru. However we could certainly meet and freak (out) on speaker shopping.
Old 22nd September 2011, 20:53   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, close encounters with the strange kind.

Well light bulbs and sound system has been installed. Detailing stuff being used as required. ELM device has been checked but need to get a good software. I used the touch up primer. It worked pretty well. Too bad that there are no pictures. The tyre pressure gauge is working fine. Lettering has not been touched as I am paranoid about losing them.

Thats all I got? Damn.
Hey Dot,
You calling me strange...? Stranger ?

Anyway - you are right about that lettering bit - you certainly will have them ripped out/off by some hooligan or gentleman who has been eyeing it ! So possibly a good decision to keep them indoors.

And damn ! I wanted one of those tyre gauges. But I wanted that Made in US, brass, analogue (dial) gauges - Accu Gauge - warrantied for life. Already have one (S60X) but wanted one with a flexible neck (swivel angle chuck - 160XGA or H60XA). And all the time I knew I had missed asking you for something !
Here are those lovely pieces of brass:
G.H. Meiser & Co. - World's Premier Maker of Precision Tire Gauges

I prefer them anyday over digital ones.
Hmmm...next time !

And that question - "Thats all I got?" is a perpetual one with me as well. Stays forever.
Guderian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2011, 23:06   #366
BHPian

@dot

thank you very much for your detailed review and answers to all my queries on pm.

Your civics ICE thread got me all charged up and inspired for ICE time for my Rocket,
Mostly will be getting it done on 16th of Oct thats when she completes 1year with My family also planing for front windshield sunfilm and IND plates and full polish and teflon and touch-up of minor scratches which are created due to great bikers and rickshawallas.

Components chosen are
Fronts-Morel or Hertz components
Rear-Morel or Herz coax
Amp- Pio or kenwood or RF 4channel
Wirring- Connection audison
and damping by noisekill on front doors

yet to decide on hi-lo convertor
any ideas if Re-Q is available in Pune or Mumbai ?
Old 22nd September 2011, 23:48   #367
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I wanted that Made in US, brass, analogue (dial) gauges -

I prefer them anyday over digital ones.
Hmmm...next time !
True, analog gauges are much nicer and last longer. The brass ones are really nice, I have seen them. Thanks for the link. Will post a pic of the analog gauge that I am using these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
Components chosen are
Fronts-Morel or Hertz components
Rear-Morel or Herz coax
Amp- Pio or kenwood or RF 4channel
Wirring- Connection audison
and damping by noisekill on front doors

Wow, some nice set of equipment there. If you opt for Morel and RF amp, then it is practically the same equipment that Scorpo carries. Since you are not going for a sub, maybe it is better to go for speakers that can take 50 or lower Hz frequency. Or an amp that has RCA pass through for later upgradation to a mono/2 channel amp + sub.

About ReQ, not sure if they are available off the shelf in India. You can get it from 20north dot com.

Last edited by dot : 22nd September 2011 at 23:49.
Old 23rd September 2011, 00:06   #368
BHPian

@dot i know i can purchase the ReQ from web but somehow i dont trust online buys and secondly postage and all is a hassle i think.

well for the sub i have a solution
In my 800 have a MTX 12" sub running on Pioneer Premier series amp.
Plan is that whenever i would like to use the sub i would simply remove sub from my 800 and connect it to civic by disconnecting the rear coaxs. and bridging the read output for sub and while tuning will be creating two marking on the rear channel one for the coax and one for sub

Ek Tir Main Do Shikar
Old 23rd September 2011, 01:06   #369
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It is available, but for some absurd price of 15k I think or even more.
Old 24th September 2011, 14:39   #370
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I wanted one of those tyre gauges. But I wanted that Made in US, brass, analogue (dial) gauges - Accu Gauge - warrantied for life.
Quote:
Will post a pic of the analog gauge that I am using these days.
As promised, posting the pic of the dial type tyre pressure gauge "The Slime". Interestingly, it works pretty well.

My preworshipped Honda Civic - Scorponok. Now with Vtec indicator-23092011004.jpg

My preworshipped Honda Civic - Scorponok. Now with Vtec indicator-23092011005.jpg

Another update. After the amp+ sub installation, FE doesn't seem to have been affected too much. This time Scorponok gave exactly 10, all set in the city.
dot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2011, 14:31   #371
Senior - BHPian

Wow, thats a nice lil instrument you've got there. Must be handy quite a few times, given the current state of roads and the effects on our tyres. Err, car tyres (not the one around my stomach!).

10kmpl is pretty decent for an engine that size. Wonder how Noops ride gets only 8-9. Let's get together quickly and test the car's in ideal conditions.
Old 26th September 2011, 14:51   #372
BHPian

Excellent pictures ! Two civics.. Looks like two F-22s resting after a friendly dog-fight

SOS! - Sir!! I need your help in tweaking the audio system (HPF, LPFs ..etc). I've low IQ on them. After the recent service, the whole setup has been re-set. So the components and sub are giving weird output.
Old 26th September 2011, 15:04   #373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats a very good question. Now who you were saying your manager is?
more important: the ICE demo is still pending.
As for the manager, he knows what I am upto but he also knows that if he asks me a question I am likelier to ask him a few uncomfortable ones. So the story goes on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
10kmpl is pretty decent for an engine that size. Wonder how Noops ride gets only 8-9. Let's get together quickly and test the car's in ideal conditions.
You guys got time this Sat/ Sun morning? We could investigate over a lazy breakfast. The Jazz redlining plans can also be implemented if we are in the right place. Speaking of which, I realise I am probably the odd one out who hasnt named my ride. Unless Swanand you have a name for the Laura already?
Old 26th September 2011, 15:49   #374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You guys got time this Sat/ Sun morning? We could investigate over a lazy breakfast. The Jazz redlining plans can also be implemented if we are in the right place. Speaking of which, I realise I am probably the odd one out who hasnt named my ride. Unless Swanand you have a name for the Laura already?
Sounds like a plan!
Yes, I do have a name for the Laura. Its called Garlic (the Marathi word for it).
No, have'nt found a name as yet. Not sure if I would name it either. Skoda has already messed up with the name, dont want to complicate things anymore.
Old 30th September 2011, 13:57   #375
BHPian

Quote:
@dot i know i can purchase the ReQ from web but somehow i dont trust online buys and secondly postage and all is a hassle i think.

well for the sub i have a solution
In my 800 have a MTX 12" sub running on Pioneer Premier series amp.
Plan is that whenever i would like to use the sub i would simply remove sub from my 800 and connect it to civic by disconnecting the rear coaxs. and bridging the read output for sub and while tuning will be creating two marking on the rear channel one for the coax and one for sub

Ek Tir Main Do Shikar
I would suggest not to go in for Kenwood amp. If you are going hertz way, get hertz amp. If not, try marshall amp which merges very well with hertz.

Why dont you just get a wire out for your existing sub? you can transfer it whenever you want from one car to another. No need of disconnecting only a matter of tuning which will be pretty fast once you get the knack of it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks