Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2011, 21:16   #331
Senior - BHPian

re: My preworshipped Honda Civic - Scorponok. Now with Vtec indicator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Hey DOT....
Nice pics.. super.... the backgroud is amazing.
Wish you had given more time in composing the pictures while clicking.
Anyways, I have just edited one your pics ..
Forget the grainy clouds .... nice background though.

My Concorde ......
Fantastic twin snaps sushrutha. Its good to see my Civic's elder siblings together. But, you know what, just one more snap of my Civic along with the Scorponok and Concorde in a single post would have made the Bluish Silver triplets look stunning.
Old 26th August 2011, 10:45   #332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
Fantastic twin snaps sushrutha. Its good to see my Civic's elder siblings together. But, you know what, just one more snap of my Civic along with the Scorponok and Concorde in a single post would have made the Bluish Silver triplets look stunning.
Thanks...
Well it will be nice to have a triplet Civic pics ...
Just post your snap... Let me see if I have the same ANGLE Snap with me and post it...
@dot ... you also please check...
OK .. to begin ...
Do you both have this angle(3/4th) snap ?
My preworshipped Honda Civic - Scorponok. Now with Vtec indicator-dsc_1317.jpg
sushrutha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2011, 13:29   #333
BHPian

@dot
whats ReQ? is the line to rca converter ?
if it so then why dont you try eliminating the converter and using such amp that has line level inputs?
will solve many of your problems.

Regards to bad bass it can be due to bad tune up or bad box design
can you put specs of the components you using in your ICE build?
jatinpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2011, 06:44   #334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks...
Well it will be nice to have a triplet Civic pics ...
Just post your snap... Let me see if I have the same ANGLE Snap with me and post it...
OK .. to begin ...
Thanks sushrutha. That's pretty quick response from you. I just said and you have already started the activity. Regarding a rear 3/4 angle snap of the Civic, I guess you have completely missed my thread which is just overloaded with pictures of my car. Just click in the link below and check out post #50. I think I have quite a few snaps in that particular angle. Choose your favorite and post it beneath your beautiful Concorde.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...e-owned-4.html

Awaiting dot's reply and the end result with childish fervour ..
Old 27th August 2011, 22:37   #335
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
T
OK .. to begin ...
Quote:

Awaiting dot's reply and the end result with childish fervour
Guys, I did check to see if I had a rear 3/4 shot. Had one close but not the exact angle. Why cant we try something from the front. That should really work!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
@dot
whats ReQ? is the line to rca converter ?

can you put specs of the components you using in your ICE build?
Ok, first thing, the ICE build is complete.

Yes, alternator whine is gone. This was achieved after tuning the gain properly (both front and rear). It also made sound tuning more challenging as we had to get good sound as well as no noise! But it was done. Took two hours in the morning at Ramesh bhai's (actually he name is Pervez) under the steady rain to do this. Once it was done, we duct-taped the amp sides to ensure that the tuning is not disturbed. By evening I had listened to all types of music that we normally play. Some more tuning was required. This time played around with the ReQ controls to optimize the set-up.

ReQ is a line our converter with a twist, it enhances bass. Here are some pictures of the gadget.

My preworshipped Honda Civic - Scorponok. Now with Vtec indicator-21082011871.jpg

My preworshipped Honda Civic - Scorponok. Now with Vtec indicator-21082011872.jpg

My preworshipped Honda Civic - Scorponok. Now with Vtec indicator-21082011869.jpg

My preworshipped Honda Civic - Scorponok. Now with Vtec indicator-21082011870.jpg

My preworshipped Honda Civic - Scorponok. Now with Vtec indicator-21082011866.jpg

My preworshipped Honda Civic - Scorponok. Now with Vtec indicator-21082011867.jpg

The last two pictures are the aux in station which can be attached to ReQ.

So the current set up is like this:
OEM HU - ReQ (with Aux-in) - 5 channel amp - Speakers + Sub

The amp is Rockford Fosgate Prime R600-5. The front speakers are Morel Maximo co-ax and OEM twitter. The rear speakers are Morel Maximo components. Plus Rockford Fosgate Prime R1S410 10' Subwoofer. The box was build at the installer.

I am using the aux-in of ReQ, so the HU is not being used at all. Here are some pictures during and after installation. Not too many were taken as I was juggling between work and the installation.

My preworshipped Honda Civic - Scorponok. Now with Vtec indicator-22082011876.jpg

My preworshipped Honda Civic - Scorponok. Now with Vtec indicator-22082011875.jpg

My preworshipped Honda Civic - Scorponok. Now with Vtec indicator-23082011878.jpg

My preworshipped Honda Civic - Scorponok. Now with Vtec indicator-27082011879.jpg

My preworshipped Honda Civic - Scorponok. Now with Vtec indicator-27082011880.jpg

My preworshipped Honda Civic - Scorponok. Now with Vtec indicator-27082011882.jpg

My preworshipped Honda Civic - Scorponok. Now with Vtec indicator-27082011885.jpg

The Morels sounds just right. Warm, not bright. It is like a step above the OEM speakers, which I liked. I dont like too much bright sound like JBLs. Initially the bass was wooly as reverberation was present. Then I used the sub sonic cross-over in ReQ to cut off 40Hz or less and bass became much better. Later some more gain control and crossover cut off slightly lower than 200 also helped matters. Now the sub is firing very nicely, generating right amount of crisp thumps. Overall, I am quite pleased with the result.

Last edited by dot : 27th August 2011 at 22:43.
dot is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th August 2011, 01:49   #336
Senior - BHPian

Nice to see the ICE finally going in ! Congratulations !

A few queries if you will ...

1. I'm still confused on how the HU is connected to the ReQ. The HU has 2 channel outs - for the front and rear speakers. Is the ReQ taking a 2 channel input and producing a 3 channel output (front, rear, sub)?

2. Had read elsewhere (maybe on this forum) that installing the amp upside down below the parcel tray is not an efficient layout, since the heat generated by the amp tends to flow up and back into it.

3. Curious to know why you installed co-ax + stock tweets in front and placed the components in the rear.

4. The ReQ Aux in feature is a cool one ! How does it sense the source? Does it default to the Aux-in? And revert to the HU if there is no Aux source?
shuvc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2011, 15:46   #337
BHPian

@dot

so if you using the direct aux in of the Re-Q then how you manage to play CD or radio ?
for that purpose Stock HU is used ? and if so how its connected?

and if you dont use HU completely then the source of music is
Ipod/cell/mp3 player ets--ReQ--Amp-- speakers

is this correct?
Old 28th August 2011, 18:28   #338
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post

1. I'm still confused on how the HU is connected to the ReQ. The HU has 2 channel outs - for the front and rear speakers. Is the ReQ taking a 2 channel input and producing a 3 channel output (front, rear, sub)?
Yes, thats right. ReQ is taking 2 channel input and producing 3 channel output.

Quote:
2. Had read elsewhere (maybe on this forum) that installing the amp upside down below the parcel tray is not an efficient layout, since the heat generated by the amp tends to flow up and back into it.
According to the amp manual, it is an acceptable placement.

Quote:
3. Curious to know why you installed co-ax + stock tweets in front and placed the components in the rear.
The thought of using the OEM twitters and co-ax on front appealed to me. Fellow BHPian and audiophile Subodh has components on both front and rear on his Vento, with sweet results. This was in the back of my mind too. On the hindsight it was perhaps a good decision as due to low gain settings, the treble of the system is inherently low.

Quote:
4. The ReQ Aux in feature is a cool one ! How does it sense the source? Does it default to the Aux-in? And revert to the HU if there is no Aux source?
Quote:
so if you using the direct aux in of the Re-Q then how you manage to play CD or radio ?
for that purpose Stock HU is used ? and if so how its connected?
If the Aux-in station is on, the feed from radio and CD is blocked. To listen to CD/radio from OEM HU, one has to switch off the Aux-in station.

Quote:
and if you dont use HU completely then the source of music is
Ipod/cell/mp3 player ets--ReQ--Amp-- speakers

is this correct?
Yes, thats right. I am using my Nokia phone to listen to music, just like the good old days of the Ikon.
dot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2011, 20:36   #339
Senior - BHPian

I am in Pune on yet another sudden Business Trip and the moment I landed on Thursday evening, I was determined to atleast spot Scorponok or Chicca or Golden Beauty this time. And you know what dot, I think I got lucky yesterday. Is that Scorponok that I saw right opposite to the College of Engineering (Pune Railway Station Road) at around 06:15 PM? The car I saw was just starting from the signal and climbing up the railway bridge towards Baner.

I guessed it could be you with the help of that Team BHP sticker on the rear bumper. I couldn't see the number plate as I just saw the car for a couple of seconds. Pretty bad that I couldn't come up and meet you in person as I was going in the opposite direction and sitting with one of my company's higher officials.
arvi86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2011, 22:28   #340
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And you know what dot, I think I got lucky yesterday. Is that Scorponok that I saw right opposite to the College of Engineering (Pune Railway Station Road) at around 06:15 PM? The car I saw was just starting from the signal and climbing up the railway bridge towards Baner.
Well, it was us! What a co-incidence. Wish we had met, how long are you in Pune this time?
Old 29th August 2011, 01:09   #341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
The thought of using the OEM twitters and co-ax on front appealed to me. Fellow BHPian and audiophile Subodh has components on both front and rear on his Vento, with sweet results. This was in the back of my mind too. On the hindsight it was perhaps a good decision as due to low gain settings, the treble of the system is inherently low.
Ok, but would it not have been better to install the Morel components (currently in the rear) in front and have the Morel co-ax + OE tweeters at the rear?
Old 29th August 2011, 06:37   #342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, it was us! What a co-incidence. Wish we had met, how long are you in Pune this time?
So, I was right when I thought it should definitely be you. Oh yeah, even I wish we had met. I have return tickets booked for today and tomorrow. Whenever I am done with the work, I have to leave immediately. Damn these business trips!
Old 2nd September 2011, 12:14   #343
Senior - BHPian

@dot, Arvi,
A recent snap. Frontal view.
Dot kindly excuse for hijacking your thread ;
My preworshipped Honda Civic - Scorponok. Now with Vtec indicator-dscn4131_1.jpg
My preworshipped Honda Civic - Scorponok. Now with Vtec indicator-dscn4154_1.jpg
sushrutha is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2011, 12:22   #344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@dot, Arvi,
The Concorde looks amazing and the projector headlights just adds that pinch of aggressiveness to the car. Let me go and search my library to check if I have a picture of my Civic in this angle.

dot, Good to see that the Scorponok has had an ICE upgrade. So, it should be all rock-n-roll inside the car now I guess.
arvi86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2011, 12:23   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the ICE build is complete.

Congrats on your ICE'd Scorponok. It must be sounding nice as I am sure. We need a detailed review once the system breaks in and settles down.

Quote:
@dot, Arvi,
Dot kindly excuse for hijacking your thread ;
Attachment 603115
Attachment 603116
Concorde is looking mean, sushrutha. The perfect devilish look in her eyes! Sweeeeet...............
Ace F355 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks