Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2020, 14:36   #1246
Team-BHP Support

Re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Team, the car was handed over to Lohia Kia from where I bought Seltos on 30th January.
That's a risk we run when we trade our cars / sell them to a dealer. We traded in my mum's Zen at Hyundai when we bought our i20 in 2013. Last year, the current owner tried to frantically get in touch with us for a new NOC. Turns out, the car changed hands several hands across states, with no change in ownership.

I don't expect our City (sold last month) to find a new owner / new RC issued any time soon either.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2020, 14:51   #1247
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post

What should I do this in the current scenario?....
Is the dealership listed as the buyer on the forms they gave you, or are buyer details blank (common practice)? Check with them if your car is sold, and if yes, they should have copies of the forms with buyer details filled out.

You can send copies of all the paperwork plus a letter explaining the details and timeline of the sale to your vehicle's registered RTO. Use 'Registered Post Acknowledgment Due' method at the post office.

This DOES NOT legally indemnify you (only a transfer of ownership can do that), but you'll at least have records of having completed your actions and having notified the relevant authorities (and received an acknowledgment).
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2020, 17:29   #1248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
You can ask the dealer for the new RC copy, it should be available with them. I had got the new RC with new owner`s name when I traded in my old vehicle a few years back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
That's a risk we run when we trade our cars / sell them to a dealer.
I don't expect our City (sold last month) to find a new owner / new RC issued any time soon either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Is the dealership listed as the buyer on the forms they gave you, or are buyer details blank (common practice)? Check with them if your car is sold, and if yes, they should have copies of the forms with buyer details filled out.
I don't know what to call it. I just again checked the Vahan portal before replying to this thread and surprised to found a different owner name!

So relieved! It has been officially transferred. I am keeping a PDF copy of new ownership details of the vehicle from Vahan website for reference. I hope that all should be fine and close this case.

PS - @Chetan - They gave all forms with dealership listed as a buyer.
bluevolt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 21:42   #1249
BHPian

Hello all, I have a 2012 Honda City V-AT, and the brake pads are due for a change. Honda SVC is quoting me 6000-7000 just for brake pads which is insane, so I'm looking at Brembos and EBC replacement brake pads, with the odometer just under 18000, I am hoping I won't be needing to change the discs, just skim them as per needed.

So, I'll either just go with my gut and choose one between Brembo or EBC and also, it is advisable to also change the brake fluid when we change the brake pads, right?

Any suggestions for reliable brand of brake fluid I can use?
Old 19th February 2023, 17:00   #1250
BHPian

Hi team, Newbie here as a member, been following TBHP as a viewer/reader since a long time.

Since this being one of the most active threads around the 3rd gen city, posting a query here. I did mention about buying a preowned city and after reading very good experiences about it all over I had made up my mind (although no such requirement for an additional car but the 3rd gen has been a dream since childhood). I engaged a team to look for a city that fits my criteria (2012/13, odo less than 50k, first owner, non accidental and detailed service history. After 3 weeks of search 4 options were shortlisted, after test driving them the one that I liked the most was the one that had 99k on its odo. The team recommended this is the one to consider.

Details -
Honda City VMT

First owner
Color - Carnelian Red Pearl
Pune passing
September 2012 model
Insurance till Sept 2023
Genuine 99k kms done
21 Periodic maintenance history (all with Authorized Service center)
16 general repair (all with Authorized Service center)
Front and back Bumper repainted
Right rear quarter panel (dent and paint, no replacement of part)
Clutch will last another 30k (dealer says its replaced, a friend who is into preowned cars business says it may not be replaced but will last 30k)
Discs will last another 12-15k
Earth 1 installed in 2020, will last another 12-15k
Good seat covers
No accidental claims
Front suspensions were replaced (not sure when, but they are not the ones that came with the vehicle)
dashboard will be painted black, gear lever leather will be changed alongwith new battery (all by dealer in the cost)
No errors on OBD scan

Being the top end model car has
Cruise control
Front fog lamps
Chrome handle bars
Alloy wheels
Dual airbags and abs
There’s no loan on the car

Dealer asking price 3.9,
My friend gave the go ahead too.

Since being my first purchase I wanted to ensure is there anything I should be looking for apart from what I shared above? Thinking of getting details for (General repair) records.

Apologies if I missed a rule while posting this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks