Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2018, 20:14   #1186
Senior - BHPian

re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeprevving View Post
Which engine oil was used by the service centre? Please do mention the brand and oil rating. Was it fully synthetic or semi synthetic oil?
I'm not sure of the brand and rating but it is fully synthetic with 10,000 kms replacement interval.

PS - 3000th post in 7 years and 6-month long journey with Team-BHP
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2018, 11:08   #1187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I'm not sure of the brand and rating but it is fully synthetic with 10,000 kms replacement interval.

PS - 3000th post in 7 years and 6-month long journey with Team-BHP
Honda Service Center uses Idemitsu branded oils and the fully-synthetic is a 0W30'grade.

0W30 grade oils, especially if synthetic, are great for cold starts (1st cranking of the day after a resting period of more than 6-8 hrs) and offer good lubrication at higher temperature summer driving cycles too.

One of the issues, what experts believe, with running a heavier weight oil is that your engine's bearing clearances are set by the factory to accept the thinner oil. With a thicker oil in the crankcase, you run the risk of bearing damage especially with the newer designed engines.

Another concern for newer engines would be how the systems sensors, actuators etc would work with the different oil viscosities. For example the VVT actuators may not work as well with the different oils. Trying won't hurt except to hinder performance and fuel economy.

I'd stick to manufacturer recommendations.
Old 27th August 2018, 22:02   #1188
Senior - BHPian

After 4 years and 8 months, the second battery conked off last weekend. This battery lasted a year longer than the stock battery which gave up after 3 years and 2 months of usage.

Got it replaced with same Amaron battery for Rs. 2600.

Looks like batteries are getting cheaper!
Old 27th August 2018, 22:26   #1189
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Got it replaced with same Amaron battery for Rs. 2600.

Looks like batteries are getting cheaper!
Wow. Thats really cheap. Can you please share the details of the battery, also how much you got for your old one?
Old 27th August 2018, 22:43   #1190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Wow. Thats really cheap. Can you please share the details of the battery, also how much you got for your old one?
It is an Amaron Black AAM-BL-0BL700RMF battery.

The price of the old battery was Rs. 800.
Old 31st August 2018, 20:34   #1191
BHPian

Since this is the most active- 3rd gen City thread, thought I'd post my query here.

My car's passenger side mirror got hit by another car; while the casing and glass is fine, the plastic holder which attached it to the body has cracked.

It is hanging slightly and folds normally, however, I'm sure even the slightest nudge (which is an everyday thing in Delhi) will cause it to fall.

Will I be able to replace just the holder at Honda ASS or should I go to an FNG? Even the electric adjustment works.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-whatsapp-image-20180831-19.20.34.jpeg  

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-whatsapp-image-20180831-19.30.24.jpeg  

Last edited by suhaas307 : 20th April 2019 at 11:26. Reason: Minor formatting and spacing
Old 31st August 2018, 21:55   #1192
BHPian

Any place would do just have to source plastic part, Honda ASS would be easier but some Honda ASS might insist on changing entire mirror assembly.
M00M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2018, 18:55   #1193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post

Will I be able to replace just the holder at Honda ASS or should I go to an FNG? Even the electric adjustment works.

Thanks
Though sourcing part should not be a problem, in case you do not find the part at FNG or Honda SVC charges something beyond what it should be; try boodmo to see if the part is available with them.
Old 14th September 2018, 21:45   #1194
Senior - BHPian

I started my City after a gap of close to a month. As I pressed the brake pedal, a khat-khat sound started coming. Though there was no issue with braking capacity, the sound was there every time I applied the brakes (The khat khat sound was accompanied with vibration on the brake pedal as well). I drove for a short distance around 2kms and parked my car back in its place.

Now I am concerned why this stuff happened and what could be the issue?

Since this is related to braking, I don't want to ignore it at all.

PS - The disc pads of my car was changed during the last service at 55k Kms. Current Odo reading is 60,800 Kms. The car is sparingly used since last two months.
Old 14th September 2018, 22:12   #1195
BANNED

The brake pad material gets stuck on the rotors .Apply brakes number of times from speed of 60kmph or so .The sound in question will go .Also to avoid recurring of same don't park car for long period even few days with hot rotors(when you parked the car) .
Trust_In_Thrust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2018, 00:54   #1196
mxh
BHPian

Quote:
khat khat sound was accompanied with vibration on the brake pedal as well
This sounds exactly like ABS system getting activated. Is the ABS light on per chance? BTW when did you last replace your brake fluid and what color is it?

Last edited by mxh : 15th September 2018 at 00:55.
mxh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2018, 11:46   #1197
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
This sounds exactly like ABS system getting activated. Is the ABS light on per chance? BTW when did you last replace your brake fluid and what color is it?
I have a City also and issue highlighted is exactly I faced so I cool down the brakes before parking for long period .
Trust_In_Thrust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2018, 19:57   #1198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
Is the ABS light on per chance? BTW when did you last replace your brake fluid and what color is it?
ABS light was not on. The brake fluid was replaced in March during 55k service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
I have a City also and issue highlighted is exactly I faced so I cool down the brakes before parking for long period .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
The brake pad material gets stuck on the rotors .Apply brakes number of times from speed of 60kmph or so .The sound in question will go .Also to avoid recurring of same don't park car for long period even few days with hot rotors(when you parked the car) .

I drove the car again today for a short market run ~ 1 km and did not face the sound issue like yesterday. I hope all is fine now.

Looks like this was caused due to the reason as listed above by you all.

Last edited by bluevolt : 15th September 2018 at 19:59.
Old 16th September 2018, 17:04   #1199
BHPian

Quote:
Though sourcing part should not be a problem, in case you do not find the part at FNG or Honda SVC charges something beyond what it should be; try boodmo to see if the part is available with them.

Couldn't find that specific part on boodmo. Will go to an FNG and then Honda, if required.
Thank you.
Old 27th September 2018, 12:16   #1200
BHPian

Had to change a tyre on my car. Realized halfway through the third gen city has the worst jack design in the world.

The tyre spanner has to be inserted in the socket of the jack (like any other car), however, because the socket is so low, the spanner cannot make a full circle. It's about 150 degrees before you have to take it out and reinsert from the other side.

For eg: The "jack handle" in this video would have made life easier.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks