Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2011, 19:53   #406
Senior - BHPian

re: My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 134,000+ kms crunched & counting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
No way I am spending 50 big ones on A4 3.2!!! My boss has one and it is immaculate in condition. I am eyeing on his car.
Speaking of the car I am eyeing at, I thought I should share a pic of the same.

It is a fully loaded bone stock Oct. 2008 Audi A4 3.2 FSI in silver color, done 17,xxx kms. One quick drive in the car and I was sold on the thing! Get to drive her often... Love the exhaust note as well as the classy black leather Audi Exclusive interior.
Attached Thumbnails
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-dsc_2217.jpg  

Ace F355 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2011, 11:11   #407
Senior - BHPian

So, the Shark has completed 55,500 kms as of today. Everything is working like charm.

I need to buy the original lug nuts for the spare alloys wheel, since 17" wheels have a different set of nuts, and my originals were given away with 15" alloys that I sold back in the day.

Meanwhile, I was in Chandigarh during past weekend. Met with BHPians Sumit, Abhishek, Chiragh Bir and Nikhil etc on Saturday. Also, went to a quick drive to Shimla on Sunday and came back by night. This car is a joy to drive on hilly roads, the winter is here and it has started getting foggy during dusk hours now.

While returning back to Delhi on Monday morning, I hit some dense fog in the morning. Much so that on some stretches of NH-1, I was barely doing 15-20 kph. It was dark and was near impossible to figure out the diversions on construction sites.

It took an awefully long 5+ hours to reach New Delhi. Here is a quick video I made at around 8 am when I could see a little in front of me. Enjoy!

One quick query: During cold start in the morning, the car is shivering a little. Well a little more to make me take a note of it! Internal RVM shudders like anything. I checked out the basic things such as mounts etc, but everything under the hood looks fine! My question is, is this shudder normal?
Ace F355 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2011, 12:46   #408
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So, the Shark has completed 55,500 kms as of today. Everything is working like charm.

I need to buy the original lug nuts for the spare alloys wheel, since 17" wheels have a different set of nuts, and my originals were given away with 15" alloys that I sold back in the day.

Meanwhile, I was in Chandigarh during past weekend. Met with BHPians Sumit, Abhishek, Chiragh Bir and Nikhil etc on Saturday. Also, went to a quick drive to Shimla on Sunday and came back by night. This car is a joy to drive on hilly roads, the winter is here and it has started getting foggy during dusk hours now.

While returning back to Delhi on Monday morning, I hit some dense fog in the morning. Much so that on some stretches of NH-1, I was barely doing 15-20 kph. It was dark and was near impossible to figure out the diversions on construction sites.

It took an awefully long 5+ hours to reach New Delhi. Here is a quick video I made at around 8 am when I could see a little in front of me. Enjoy!

One quick query: During cold start in the morning, the car is shivering a little. Well a little more to make me take a note of it! Internal RVM shudders like anything. I checked out the basic things such as mounts etc, but everything under the hood looks fine! My question is, is this shudder normal?
Hi Ace!

Great to know your Shark has crossed 55K!
5 hours is still record time to come from Shimla to Delhi, inspite of the fog!
In the Video, you do seem to be driving a little too fast for the fog - these highways are really unpredictable - pls drive safe.

In our Civic, we don't feel any shuddering / shivering at startup even in cold weather.The root cause could be:
1) either a weak battery, which is taking more time and effort to crank up the engine (we also had a weak battery changed recently)
2) or engine mounts having loosened / lost their flexibility due to hardening over time of the rubber
Just get these 2 checked and things should be fine!

Regards,
Behemoth

Last edited by Behemoth : 22nd November 2011 at 12:48.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2011, 15:43   #409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Hi Ace!

Great to know your Shark has crossed 55K!
5 hours is still record time to come from Shimla to Delhi, inspite of the fog!
In the Video, you do seem to be driving a little too fast for the fog - these highways are really unpredictable - pls drive safe.
Thanks Behemoth, and your points duly noted. As I said, I was driving very slowly in dense patches; 15-20 kph. Especially in the dark and where the road was under construction. The time I recorded this video, the fog wasn't that bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
In our Civic, we don't feel any shuddering / shivering at startup even in cold weather.The root cause could be:
1) either a weak battery, which is taking more time and effort to crank up the engine (we also had a weak battery changed recently)
2) or engine mounts having loosened / lost their flexibility due to hardening over time of the rubber
Just get these 2 checked and things should be fine!
I had changed my hydraulic mount in my Civic a few months back. So, the mount is in healthy shape. The battery also, seems to be normal since the crank up time is normal! Anyway, I will get it checked ASAP.
Old 22nd November 2011, 22:57   #410
BHPian

@AcE

It might be because the throttle body is dirty due to which the cold startup idling is not smooth.
Get the throttle body cleaned by getting it removed and not by the use of spray-cleaner and all its all rubbish.
Should not cost more than 350rs also while at it, just get the pluge cleaned DO NOT CHANGE them as they are Irridiums and Hondas interval for change is 1lak kms, and also if air filter is dirty get it replaced, dirty air filters can cause improper idle plus throttle body getting dirty quicker.

Have you changed over to K&N typhoon ?

And can you help me out to find some good lug nuts for my tiny ?
the ones which i have are rusted and am not getting some good ones which last.

Last edited by jatinpatel : 22nd November 2011 at 22:58.
Old 26th November 2011, 19:11   #411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
Have you changed over to K&N typhoon ?
Yep, long time back!

Quote:
And can you help me out to find some good lug nuts for my tiny ?
I prefer OEM lugnuts. Thats what I will buy for my Civic and will suggest you to go for Maruti Suzuki ones.
Old 26th November 2011, 23:04   #412
BHPian

I doubt if maruti makes lug nuts for alloys that will fit onto the Hub of the 800?

if you have any info on the same can you let me know ?
I am also trying my best to find some good lug nuts, but nothing till now.
Old 2nd December 2011, 09:59   #413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I doubt if maruti makes lug nuts for alloys that will fit onto the Hub of the 800?

if you have any info on the same can you let me know ?
I am also trying my best to find some good lug nuts, but nothing till now.
Another shot in the dark! Go out and check with importer of branded alloys in your neaby area. He might have something decent to offer, you never know. Good luck.
Old 2nd December 2011, 18:48   #414
Senior - BHPian

Just wanted to share another poster image that I have in my bedroom! I love this image... Hope you people also like it.

My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-my-sharks-collage.jpg
Ace F355 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2011, 20:53   #415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just wanted to share another poster image that I have in my bedroom! I love this image... Hope you people also like it.
That's a great collage poster Ace F355. Loved it to the core.

But I really want to vent my anger and frustration on you for having beaten me to it. I am currently in the process of creating a collage of my Civic and I thought of uploading it in the forum on the New Year eve. Just like your car, you were a wee bit faster than me.
Old 3rd December 2011, 09:09   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
That's a great collage poster Ace F355. Loved it to the core.

But I really want to vent my anger and frustration on you for having beaten me to it. I am currently in the process of creating a collage of my Civic and I thought of uploading it in the forum on the New Year eve. Just like your car, you were a wee bit faster than me.
Sorry about that! I will click some more pics and will try to make another one. The one in which I want one main image and and others being fitted to make it more interesting. Need to add one engine bay pic to this as well.

I wanted to capture the essence of my car in one image with all those great moments I have had with her, till now. Those stares on her curves, the things I bought for her beautification, those paddle to the metal mode runs, those silly grins after clocking some stupendous kilometers... everything! I can not really express what pleasure this car has given me. I cherish every single moment with her.

I love my car... period!
Old 3rd December 2011, 17:49   #417
BHPian

@ACE

just loved it absolutely loved it.
Had similar ideas for doing for my tiny will be doing it when i get free from my stupid and draining engg. exams.
Thinking to incorporate my all three cars Lancer civic and 800.
lets see how it goes waiting for my SLR cam to come

And The grin that we all get at the end of a tiring day that our cars give us is that they are ment to do after being loved soo much right ?
jatinpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2011, 20:31   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I love my car... period!
It's not only you, we love your car too buddy! In my opinion, it is one of the best looking Civics I have ever seen. Period!
Quote:
just loved it absolutely loved it.
Had similar ideas for doing for my tiny will be doing it when i get free from my stupid and draining engg. exams.
What a coincidence! All three of us thinking on the same lines and Ace F355 just goes ahead and does that. I am afraid others in the forum are going to brand us 'nuts'.
Quote:
And The grin that we all get at the end of a tiring day that our cars give us is that they are ment to do after being loved soo much right ?
Rightly said. For all the passion, love and care that we shower on the cars, the 'smile in the face' feeling at the end of the day is like a perfect return gift.
Old 5th December 2011, 23:52   #419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's not only you, we love your car too buddy! In my opinion, it is one of the best looking Civics I have ever seen. Period!
Thanks Arvi.

Quote:
The grin that we all get at the end of a tiring day that our cars give us is that they are ment to do after being loved soo much right ?
Quote:
For all the passion, love and care that we shower on the cars, the 'smile in the face' feeling at the end of the day is like a perfect return gift.
As they say; for a petrolhead, its the giggle that matters the most in a car!
Old 9th January 2012, 22:04   #420
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ace,

Happy New Year 2012.

How's your shark performing?

Were you by any chance in Rohini, Delhi on Saturday (7 january)? I spotted similar car here but didn't noticed the registration number except that it was Haryana registered.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks