Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2011, 00:37   #286
dot
Senior - BHPian

re: My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 134,000+ kms crunched & counting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
I think I am dreaming about things need to be done during the mid-life revival of my Shark
Not only Civic owners are classy but they are also good dreamers! A nice set of butch, angular and black colored alloys should look good on a Civic. Something like this.
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-pri_l1163.jpg
Old 29th July 2011, 10:11   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
Tell me about it sushrutha. What is cheap in HASS? Everything is so ridiculously expensive, like a set of foglamps for 21K, a boot spoiler for 24k, etc. You have to hand it over to Honda for such pricing, no one can ever beat them.

With the price that you have quoted for these fogs, you have got me thinking seriously about it.
I agree, fog lamps pricing is ridiculous. The exact one's here in J.C Road BLR you can get for around 5K+.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355
- Milano Red Paint Job (The same one in my Avatar)
- Alloy upgrade
Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Not only Civic owners are classy but they are also good dreamers! A nice set of butch, angular and black colored alloys should look good on a Civic. Something like this.
Attachment 584717
BOSS ... please stop tempting with all your ideas.
If I consider all your ideas, I'm sure I'm gonna get beaten to death if I start spending all the money on my Concorde.
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-mugencivicconcept2.jpg
Quote:
Good job, sushurutha! I liked the projectors fit, even though they look a bit tiny in the headlight assembly. Please post the light-throw pics and the fog light pics.
They are looking small because I have painted the Shrouds black.
Now I'm thinking of putting the chrome shrouds ;-)
Thanks & I will surely put the pics in sometime.
sushrutha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2011, 10:40   #288
Senior - BHPian

Is the lip spoiler Honda OE?
It looks nice, but is a bit different from the one put on our City.
how much does it cost approx?
Old 30th July 2011, 07:45   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Attachment 584717

Aha, the alloys you are suggesting are similar to Mugen RR Civic. And since I am already planning for the same color as on a Mugen RR, let me throw in a few more spokes for alloy wheels to show you what do I have in my mind!

My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-pd2.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
BOSS ... please stop tempting with all your ideas.
If I consider all your ideas, I'm sure I'm gonna get beaten to death if I start spending all the money on my Concorde.
Attachment 584750
... actually, it is not something so difficult to deal with! I am sure many people find it ridiculous to spend so much money on a car the way I do, but then all these people only sigh when I pass by or offer them a ride in my Shark!

The important point for me to consider is, things should not go overboard. One such mistake and it will take away all the beauty of everything else. Thats why I plan ahead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
They are looking small because I have painted the Shrouds black.
Now I'm thinking of putting the chrome shrouds ;-)
Thanks & I will surely put the pics in sometime.
Yes, black shrouds overshadow the projectors a bit! Precisely why I think chrome shrouds are a good idea, my FX-R projectors are noticable from a distance due to chrome shroud in smoked headlight assambly!
Ace F355 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2011, 20:17   #290
Senior - BHPian

I have been away from TBHP and my Shark for a while since I was travelling extensively during July. Got back to Delhi Vicinity this week only. My car was sitting idle all this time, sleeping quitely in my office basement parking. Put her back on road and went to Chandigarh straight away, had a blast during the drive.

Would like to share a few pics clicked during last couple of days. Please pardon the quality since most were clicked using my phone camera.

My good little monster, under shade at my home...
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-1.jpg

A sunset reflection on my Shark... blur pic but still posting it!
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-2.jpg

The beautiful sunset after heavy monsoon rains during the day...
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-3.jpg
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-p08725272.jpg

Encountered Karan's (Ecks) Bentley Continental Flying Spur on my way to Chandigarh! (only one occupant inside, was enjoying the car to the core whenever he got the chance! I gave him some company for a little while )
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-5.jpg

Visited today, Ferrari of New Delhi! Whattaaplace! On display - White 599 with red interiors + Sliver California with Chocolate brown interiors! That 599 was ultimate height of awesomeness! Spent a good 3 hours at the place talking cars and feeling the Italian babes! Sorely missed the 458 Italia though but caught one on road while getting back to my place (no pics since I was driving).
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-6.jpg

More pics coming soon since they are in my Camera's memory card. Will post them as soon as I visit my home next time. Stay tuned!

Last edited by Ace F355 : 6th August 2011 at 20:22.
Ace F355 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2011, 22:59   #291
Senior - BHPian

Another pic of my car, mailed to me by one of my knowns; she spotted our cars somewhere on Delhi-Rohtak road and clicked this pic!
Attached Thumbnails
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-1311423305097.jpg  

Ace F355 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2011, 00:17   #292
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Visited today, Ferrari of New Delhi! Whattaaplace! On display - White 599 with red interiors + Sliver California with Chocolate brown interiors! That 599 was ultimate height of awesomeness! Spent a good 3 hours at the place talking cars and feeling the Italian babes!
They not only let you inside but also let you touch and feel the cars for 3 hours?

Last time I went to a Mercedes showroom, the salesman saw me with my chappals & laptop bag (which looks like a school bag) slung on my back and he quickly locked the E-Class on display there!
Old 7th August 2011, 00:45   #293
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ace,

Logging into your thread after long time.

Very nice pics there, you got some very good photography skills as the pics are very nice even with mobile camera. BTW which mobile?

You seems too busy with you job I guess. That should be the reason for no further modifications to your grey shark?

I am too away from my Venus and will be back with her next week i.e. 12 august.

Anyways wishing you happy and safe driving.
Old 7th August 2011, 15:47   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
They not only let you inside but also let you touch and feel the cars for 3 hours?

Last time I went to a Mercedes showroom, the salesman saw me with my chappals & laptop bag (which looks like a school bag) slung on my back and he quickly locked the E-Class on display there!
Why not smartcat! Afterall, I am a prospective customer of theirs, albeit after about 20 years! No seriously, the salesperson were indeed nice. While I was busy in a conversation with their manager, a family walked into showroom. The dude brought his wife and kids on a scooter to have a look at Ferraris. They were attended nicely, although cars were not opened for them to have a peep inside. I have a feeling that these guys are serious about their Brand appreciation among masses but they do consider the visitor's personality for further actions!

I was given appropriate attention!

About the cars, Ferraris are always an object of lust. Yes, I have driven a 355 myself, yes I have been driven in a 430; but sitting in a brand new Ferrari has a very different feel. And that white 599, gawd I just can't take it out of my head!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Hi Ace,

Logging into your thread after long time.

Very nice pics there, you got some very good photography skills as the pics are very nice even with mobile camera. BTW which mobile?

You seems too busy with you job I guess. That should be the reason for no further modifications to your grey shark?

I am too away from my Venus and will be back with her next week i.e. 12 august.

Anyways wishing you happy and safe driving.
Thanks bluevolt. Yes I am occupied with my new job a bit now a days. But watch out for a few asthetic modifications soon! Slipping into your car after a while and cranking her up is such a beautiful feeling, isn't it!

oh and I am using SE Xperia X10 at the moment.
Old 7th August 2011, 23:21   #295
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics there.
Had seen your thread but on my android with a slow connection meant i could not see the pics you uploaded.
The Shark loves fantastic.
I love the upgrades, it's one mean machine.
the way the smoked tail lights blends with the exteriors is totally Rad!
and the Mugen badge definately goes well with the Sporty character of The Shark!
The feeling of firing up your ride after a long break it magical indeed.
Chicca was parked for 6 months while we were out of town.
The million watt smile i had when i first fired her up after that long break was much like the happy dent advert we all saw on TV (yeah that's the one)
Drive Safe!
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2011, 06:54   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Afterall, I am a prospective customer of theirs, albeit after about 20 years! And that white 599, gawd I just can't take it out of my head!
Ah, with those two statements of yours, we now know what is going to be your next car! Coming back to your current ride, the Shark looks awesome buddy. The smoked taillights and the Mugen touches gives the Shark an added exclusivity and sportiness that's hard to beat. Love your car buddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
The feeling of firing up your ride after a long break it magical indeed.
Chicca was parked for 6 months while we were out of town.
I am sure you are gonna feel that again very soon mdsaab. Thats is, after your new-found obsession with the Golden Beauty finally subsides and you get back to your Chicca.
arvi86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2011, 11:08   #297
BANNED

Hey brother, your car is coming out nice. Loose the chrome door handles if possible. Take care.
If possible blackout the rear badges.
Old 21st August 2011, 01:03   #298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
Ah, with those two statements of yours, we now know what is going to be your next car! Coming back to your current ride, the Shark looks awesome buddy. The smoked taillights and the Mugen touches gives the Shark an added exclusivity and sportiness that's hard to beat. Love your car buddy!
Thanks Arvi! Have been driving some cool rides in past two weeks! Audi A4 3.2 TFSI and F10 BMW 525d, I will post my experience with these ladies in a separate thread. In a nutshell, I need to work much harder in order to make that kind of money, I am sure someday I will drive one of those!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by taranonline View Post
Hey brother, your car is coming out nice. Loose the chrome door handles if possible. Take care.
If possible blackout the rear badges.
Hey Taran, Thanks buddy. Your 320d too, looks sharp with those cosmatic changes! And thank you for the suggestions, I doubt if I can loose chrome on door handles without buying another set of Civic 'S' trim handles. I had also bought black badges for my Shark, they are still with me but the quality is very poor, so didn't take out the originals!

Anyway, I am going to black out the front chrome grill, will add to the manace looks.

Some more pics I took over last couple of days! Monsoon season has been on full swing and it has been showering with enough grace a couple of times and I have been enjoying the long drives in rains to the core! Let me kick off with a couple of pics of the dirty Shark!

My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-dsc_1078.jpg
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-dsc_1081.jpg
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-dsc_1083.jpg
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-dsc_1087.jpg
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-dsc_1089.jpg
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-dsc_1091.jpg

My shiny baby, pics were taken during a lovely evening drive....
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-dsc_1110.jpg
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-dsc_1102.jpg
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-dsc_1103.jpg
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-dsc_1104.jpg
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-dsc_1106.jpg

A pic of Tacho Needle bouncing on Rev-Limiter in 3rd gear...
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-dsc_1107.jpg

Caution: Not for weak hearted Civic owners!
Pics in this thread can make anyone believe that I am a lucky dog racing my Civic on sweet looking straights and ribbons of asphalt, but hold your breath!!! My Shark has also driven through conditions like this...
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-dsc_1092.jpg

The other day I was crossing the same stretch, it was raining. I had no choice but to get in. There was a T-Fort jammed up and stuck on the same road, the condition was such! Thankfully Shark made it through but the results are expectedly bad, my front skirt is busted at the moment I am typing this! Will get the car washed and check if I can get it repaired somehow!

Also, sorry for the poor quality phone pics!

A general query for which Delhiites could help me out! The idea of getting my Shark re-painted in Milano Red is all over my mind. Please suggest which would be the best place to get it done! I want that perfect paint finish on my Shark. Can't wait for the day my lady will look similar to this............
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-26896_79285.jpg

Oh God, Mercy for the crowd that is going to give my shark a long stare!

Now, time for some questions:

1. I have recently noticed during late night long drives that the central dashboard (CD player and surroundings) gets pretty hot! During day time, it is normal but it is really warm during night as soon as I turn the lights on. Is it normal or am I smelling something fishy here? The temperatures are NOT normal by any means.

2. I have a feeling my car's clutch has got a bit hard recently. It used to be like stepping on a marsh mallow earlier, but not anymore! Same is with the slick gear shifts. Should I get the clutch checked and transmission oil replaced on next due service?

Wating for the replys eagerly and again, apologies for such a long post....

Last edited by Ace F355 : 21st August 2011 at 01:16.
Ace F355 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2011, 01:38   #299
Senior - BHPian

Those are some beautiful pics Rohit..

Quote:
Anyway, I am going to black out the front chrome grill, will add to the manace looks.
It already looks like a Mean Machine .

Quote:
A pic of Techo Needle bouncing on Rev-Limiter in 3rd gear...
Attachment 596778
Just curious to know if you have tried, whats the speed when the rev limiter comes in in 4th.. have tried 3rd a few times, but couldnt manage bouncing the needle of civic in 4th..

Quote:
Thankfully Shark made it through but the results are expectedly bad, my front skirt is busted at the moment I am typing this! Will get the car washed and check if I can get it repaired somehow!
It surely can until its completely ripped..

Quote:
A general query for which Delhiites could help me out! The idea of getting my Shark re-painted in Milano Red is all over my mind. Please suggest which would be the best place to get it done! I want that perfect paint finish on my Shark. Can't wait for the day my lady will look similar to this............
Attachment 596780
My heart beat has just gone over 200..cant find a better looking civic.. GIMMI RED..

No idea about the best place but I believe most people can suggest Pandit and Co or Autopsyche. The latter one is good at atleast body work...

Quote:
I have a feeling my car's clutch has got a bit hard recently. It used to be like a marsh mallow earlier, but not anymore! Same is with the slick gear shifts. Should I get the clutch checked and transmission oil replaced on next due service?
Buy some dot 4 clutch/brake oil and ask your local mechanic to bleed the clutch. You can do it as a DIY too, open the clutch oil reservior cap and take a 8 no Ring pana.. and open the nipple of clutch cylinder and let the oil bleed, start adding new oil as soon as the oil in reservoir starts going down. You need to make sure that there is oil in the reservoir at all times or the lines will suck air..

You may also get the clutch oil changed at ASC, shouldnt cost over 6-700..

When you are getting the oil changed, get hold of some rust cleaner (WD40 or rust lick) kinda solution and apply to the clutch connecting rod area in the transmission (behind the radiator). Its a bit hard to reach in civic.. Also apply the rust cleaner to the clutch pedal inside the cabin in foot well..

The above should show significant improvement and your clutch pedal should go as good as new.. You shouldnt need a clutch replacement this early as I believe that your daily run is short and in not too much bumper to bumper traffic.

Have done this in both cedia and civic in last 3-4 months and the difference was remarkable..

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 21st August 2011 at 01:42.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2011, 08:20   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Arvi! Have been driving some cool rides in past two weeks! Audi A4 3.2 TFSI and F10 BMW 525d, I will post my experience with these ladies in a separate thread.
Waiting for that thread Ace F355. I am glued to this thread and you are going to make me do the same all over again!

Quote:
Caution: Not for weak hearted Civic owners!
Pics in this thread can make anyone believe that I am a lucky dog racing my Civic on sweet looking straights and ribbons of asphalt, but hold your breath!!! My Shark has also driven through conditions like this...
OMG! Thats what I can say. How did you garner the guts to take your beautiful Shark through that road? I thought I drove in some of the worst possible roads (for the Civic) on my recent drive to Coorg, but compared to this picture, the roads that I took can be termed as expressways.

Quote:
Ace F355 - Why pray God to show mercy on Delhiites? Pray for us mate, the dear souls who are already awe-struck on just seeing the images in our monitor, let alone seeing it in the flesh and falling on our knees.

Forgot to mention, the Civic in Milano Red is one of my dream rides too! Maybe, after you, I will also go that way. But there is a lot of time for that I am sure.

Quote:
1. I have recently noticed during late night long drives that the central dashboard (CD player and surroundings) gets pretty hot! During day time, it is normal but it is really warm during night as soon as I turn the lights on. Is it normal or am I smelling something fishy here? The temperatures are NOT normal by any means.
It seems to be a peculiar problem Ace F355. I don't think it happens in my car or for that matter, in anyone else's car also. If the temperatures are NOT normal as you mentioned, take her for a check-up immediately.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks