Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2011, 21:58   #211
Team-BHP Support

re: My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 134,000+ kms crunched & counting!

Ace, do you know anybody who has modified the interiors of the Civic? And by interiors, I don't mean the music system. I think Civic's interiors would look good if it was all black - black leather dashboard, black leather door trims & black leather interiors!

Your car's butt looks quite clean with ivtec moniker gone. I always thought the stock Civic back-end was very fussy looking.
Old 21st May 2011, 22:39   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
@Ace, Thanks for putting up the Scorponok in a hallowed company of exceedingly beautiful Civics of the country.
You are welcome, dot. I quite like the color of your car. Being a light color, it shows Civic's body lines quite nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
And before the owner of this thread Ace walks in here and throws me out I better be going...
(Pssst - I challenged him to a duel outside this room, for having said something unpardonable about diesel engines (the salt of the earth), he hasn't shown up yet...snicker, snicker !)
... hold your fire, General! I apologize if I sent some wrong message across!

Quote:
Say - you feel like that only about D cars or other kinds of D vehicles too ?
Could you please step out into the alley - would like to have a quiet word with you ! Tractor huh ?
You see Guderian, the drivablity differences between petrol and diesel cars are almost non existent now a days! I am in no way denying the positive points of oil burners; for that matter, I find their massive torque really addictive. The only thing that goes wrong with diesel vehicles in my case is their engine noise! I like my cars to be silent and low on NVH, inside as well as outside! So, diesels irritate me a bit! But that is just my personal opinion.

At this point, you may give me another thrash by bringing hybrid cars into the picture as far as NVH levels in vehicles go, but hybrids lack the fun factor of gasoline cars!

And hey, tractors are quite fun to drive, aren't they! I surely have had enough fun with them in our fields.

Quote:
Hmm, firstly you are fortunate enough to acknowledge that you have a soul. As they say, first component of any healing is acceptance.

Secondly dont you think, our souls are magnanimous enough to accept more than one set of wheels, we dont need horcruxes for that, you soul-ger of Fortune.
Very well put, dot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Ace, do you know anybody who has modified the interiors of the Civic? And by interiors, I don't mean the music system. I think Civic's interiors would look good if it was all black - black leather dashboard, black leather door trims & black leather interiors!
Interesting point, smartcat! And I understand what you mean! I have seen all black dash in Civic Si and a friend's Civic Type R.

All black theme will certainly look sweet, but I haven't seen it in India as of today! Neither do I know of anyone who can do such modifications, because essential that will include tearing up all the beige plastic panels and paint them dull black, and black leather upholstery! Leather part is easy, but I am not sure about plastic bits!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Your car's butt looks quite clean with ivtec moniker gone. I always thought the stock Civic back-end was very fussy looking.
Thanks, Civic has just too many of these monograms in the back and they do make it quite fussy!
Old 8th June 2011, 09:10   #213
Senior - BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and use of abusive words/photographs in posts/avatars/signatures/topics is STRICTLY prohibited.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Man, this is as bad as it can get at this moment. First the engine mount went kaput, then the HID bulb in one of my headlights, and this morning the worse came along.

I came down to my car this morning, just to see that someone had scratched the car really badly with some sharp thing! It is scratched almost everywhere; bootlid, quarter panels, doors and the bonnet! I feel like beating the sh*t out of the person in case I find him, I swear!

Last edited by GTO : 10th June 2011 at 12:38. Reason: Do NOT USE Abusive language on this forum
Ace F355 is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 8th June 2011, 09:40   #214
dot
Senior - BHPian

I feel really upset to hear the vandalism. It is very easy for me to write a consolation, but it cannot reduce the suffering of the owner. It is not about money, it feels like rape. Hope you find the culprit and send him to the cops. And a good paint job after that.
Old 8th June 2011, 09:48   #215
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ace, Heartfelt condolences.
I can feel the pain of seeing the intentional damage caused for no rhyme or reason - except that the (unprintable) of a chap/kid who did it was truly perverted.
My earlier ride the Scorpio was a victim of the same (though a minor length but deep scratch with a car key on the driver's side door) one day in the office parking. This was on the third day after purchase. I almost assaulted the identified suspect - a 'Saheb's' driver ! But what can one do ? Had to leave him after shaking him by the scruff of his collar. But that left a salutory effect on the rest. Not once was the vehicle put through similar torture thereafter.
Maybe you need to raise a huge hue and cry in the colony/gov't quarters that you stay in...threaten to call the cops and find out who has done it etc...
So that there is a massive effect.

Good luck !

Last edited by GTO : 10th June 2011 at 12:34. Reason: Removing profanity from the quoted post which has been edited as well
Old 8th June 2011, 11:05   #216
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ace,

Felt very sad to hear this. Similar thing happened with my WagonR when some idiot scratched the bonnet with a blade.

Don't you keep your car covered overnight? If not then I suggest you to keep your car covered to help minimize the damage (though people even torn the car covers).
This one is for sure intentional work; I hope you can guess who that person could be.

Last edited by GTO : 10th June 2011 at 12:35. Reason: Removing profanity from the quoted post which has been edited as well
Old 8th June 2011, 11:13   #217
BANNED

Sorry to hear that. I can sort of relate with you on this though.
I just spotted your thread. Looks like a beautiful car otherwise . Hope you get her fixed up soon !

Last edited by GTO : 10th June 2011 at 12:35. Reason: Removing profanity from the quoted post which has been edited as well
Old 8th June 2011, 12:14   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They really look super. Damn, looks like I need to drive to B'lore to get all these goodies.
Here is the pic of the side step garnish.
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-photo0019.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Man, this is as bad as it can get at this moment.
Sorry to hear the incident.

Seems like this is the month(May-June) of Civic horror stories,
Many civic's engine mounts going for a toss , car's rear ended , scratch marks.... and behold, here is my addition too.
Got this gift today morning.
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-photo0025_1.jpg
In my entire driving years(17+ years), this is the first major scratch mark which I got by myself.
Was taking a tight left at a signal, a biker had crossed his lane and he was in my lane at the T Signal junction, I had to take a very tight left turn, and then a small rock which was put just below the pavement hit my car.
I had my heart in mouth when I heard the screaching sound of a rock scraping my door(rear left) n running board.
In no mood to even type this
Old 8th June 2011, 12:26   #219
Distinguished - BHPian

That sucks, Ace.

I remember when my sister's friend had bought a shiny black Accent (the car had just been launched in that colour) in Bangalore. The area they had just moved to was pretty much back of beyond in those days. It was parked outside their house on the road and some kids scratched the entire alphabet on the side of the car. I almost cried when my sis told me the tale.

I have scratches on the side on my Swift caused by some loafer with a key. And am sure you know about my logoless Vento.

Such people need to be tossed in jail for a couple of days. Respect for another's property is something that needs to be instilled into people in our country.
Old 8th June 2011, 15:11   #220
BHPian

Felt really bad - Thats sheer vandalism.
I agree with noop when will people learn to respect others property - or is it the big "J" (jealousy) ?

Feel free to apply some tight rights n lefts if you get hold of that person.
Anyway the mental agony won't feel respite regardless.
Old 8th June 2011, 15:44   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is scratched almost everywhere; bootlid, quarter panels, doors and the bonnet! I feel like beating the sh*t out of the person in case I find him, I swear!
Just your description of it makes me cringe, Ace. I don't even want to look at pictures, and I can't even begin to imagine your anger.

What's it with the NCR and general lack of humanity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
In my entire driving years(17+ years), this is the first major scratch mark which I got by myself.
Ouch, that looks bad! I hope you're able to get it back in shape with minimal cost/effort.

The only thing that I can probably say to console you is a story of an incident I was involved in a few years back.

I was talking to a group of friends about how I had never been in an accident on a two-wheeler. I then received this pearl of wisdom from a friend in that motorcycling group - "There are only two types of riders. Those who have fallen and those who will fall."

I had a fall just a few days later, one that left me with a sprained ligament (or tendon) in the right wrist which took a couple of years to totally heal.

A few months later I was telling another friend about how I'd never had a stitch or fracture in my entire life.

A few days later I had another nice fall which ended up in a fracture, some stitches and a dysfunctional nerve (leading to a left toe devoid of sensation now).

Given our driving conditions, 17 years is great going. Please don't feel bad about this incident (I know it's easy for me to say).

Regards,
spadix
spadix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2011, 15:55   #222
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
then the HID bulb in one of my headlights,
I have had bad experiences with aftermarket HID bulbs (even branded ones like Philips) in my previous car - they are extremely unreliable. Since then, I have sworn not to touch the stock headlights of my car ever!

Quote:
I almost assaulted the identified suspect - a 'Saheb's' driver !
Are you sure you didn't beat up/shake up an innocent guy? I always thought only kids do these kinds of shenanigans.
Old 9th June 2011, 10:08   #223
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post

Seems like this is the month(May-June) of Civic horror stories,
Many civic's engine mounts going for a toss , car's rear ended , scratch marks.... and behold, here is my addition too.
Got this gift today morning.
In no mood to even type this

Really feel bad to hear this. Hope it gets repaired soon. A quick paint job at your favorite paint shop, the one you talked about, should do the trick.

@Ace, any updates. Did you catch the culprit?
Old 9th June 2011, 10:18   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post

Ouch, that looks bad! I hope you're able to get it back in shape with minimal cost/effort.
Quote:
Really feel bad to hear this. Hope it gets repaired soon. A quick paint job at your favorite paint shop, the one you talked about, should do the trick.
Friends, giving it for repair tomorrow.
Thank god it's just a minimal cost + effort, dent removal in door(below the side door guard) + running board + paint both.
Enquired it in Sai colorium in Bangalore, where they know me very well

Believe it price quoted was 2500RS... Yes 2500Rs and it's just a day job itseems, leave car in Morning ,, take it by evening. I'll take it after a day, coz I'll let the paint dry.

And If i had taken it to Honda A.S.S. I'm sure they would have charged a bomb for it... rember last time I painted the door, they blatantly charged 16K for it...

@dot, the paint shop which I was talking prev is in my native(Chikmagalur), I'm getting this work done in Bangalore - Sai colorium
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...-colorium.html
sushrutha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2011, 21:47   #225
BHPian

@ACE

Was heart broken to hear about the scratches and as Dot said words cant express the pain nor can it calm anyone nor repair the damages but now its done you cant help it.

Only thing you can do is try finding the person and giving him to the Police as assulting him will give him all the rights to fight against you in a legal way.(presuming hes a educated chap with money in his pockets)

Hope to see Shark back in her former glory once again.

I really think this could be the case of jealousy by neighbors or some persons who are plain jealous of you and have a typical "CRAB MENTALITY"

Why dont you cover your shark and tie down the cover tightly so as to prevent such pathetic and unfuitfull things in the future?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks