Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2011, 15:13   #226
Senior - BHPian

re: My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 134,000+ kms crunched & counting!

Thank you all for your consolatory words, mates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and use of abusive words/photographs in posts/avatars/signatures/topics is STRICTLY prohibited.
Sorry Mods. Didn't mean to breach any forum rules, its just I couldn't control my anger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
I feel really upset to hear the vandalism. It is very easy for me to write a consolation, but it cannot reduce the suffering of the owner. It is not about money, it feels like rape. Hope you find the culprit and send him to the cops. And a good paint job after that.
Exactly my feelings. And even though I have taken up a new job with handsome salary, I have had enough expenses last month to cover up many things and moving to a new place. Paint job is going to set me back a little more than couple of grands. 5 panels need to be repainted of course. And the scars look like bloody eye soar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Hi Ace, Heartfelt condolences.
I can feel the pain of seeing the intentional damage caused for no rhyme or reason - except that the (unprintable) of a chap/kid who did it was truly perverted.
Quote:
@Ace, any updates. Did you catch the culprit?
I have moved to New Delhi couple of days ago, Guderian! I have come across another theory about this kind of shameful activity!

We all know car parking is a major problem in Metro cities. People can have a bungalow worth crores and yet no parking space! The area I have moved to, has facility for public as well as private parking. But even then, some people who have been living there for long time; think they have some superlative rights on the public parking spots. Therefore, even public parking is not public, if you know what I mean! The day my car was misbehaved with, it was standing in the same public parking. Something tells me from inside that someone from the neighborhood might have done it deliberately to show anger for taking up his car's place!

So far, no clue who has done this to my Shark!

Also, feeling sorry to hear about your Scorpio's story. Forget the property, so many people in our country do not give a damn about others precious life! About 1.2 billion people in India, and every damn problem in our country to have some direct or indirect relation to our huge population, it is hard to see just a glimpse of what sort of future we are heading into!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Hi Ace,

Felt very sad to hear this. Similar thing happened with my WagonR when some idiot scratched the bonnet with a blade.

Don't you keep your car covered overnight? If not then I suggest you to keep your car covered to help minimize the damage (though people even torn the car covers).
This one is for sure intentional work; I hope you can guess who that person could be.
No idea who might have done it, and I can't keep the car covered since there have been car cover tearing and stealing in the area too! And by the way, if someone is interested to know what area I am presently living in, I live in Saket, very close to Select Citywalk and PVR Anupam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneet_b View Post
Sorry to hear that. I can sort of relate with you on this though.
I just spotted your thread. Looks like a beautiful car otherwise . Hope you get her fixed up soon !
Thank you. I will try to make up a budget for her very soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Sorry to hear the incident.

Seems like this is the month(May-June) of Civic horror stories,
Many civic's engine mounts going for a toss , car's rear ended , scratch marks.... and behold, here is my addition too.
Got this gift today morning.
Attachment 556892
Completely understand your sentiments, sushrutha! Too many horror stories for Civic owners in recent days; am really sorry to hear about the scratch on your car! Take her to the body workshop and I am sure she will shine like before! 17 years, man that is a real achievement IMO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
That sucks, Ace.
I almost cried when my sis told me the tale. I have scratches on the side on my Swift caused by some loafer with a key. And am sure you know about my logoless Vento.

Such people need to be tossed in jail for a couple of days. Respect for another's property is something that needs to be instilled into people in our country.
Unfortunate stories, noopster! I didn't know your Vento had been a victim of infamous Logo stealing in Pune! dot's Civic doesn't have the rear H emblem either.

Let me tell you guys one difference that I have experienced during my stay in 4 countries around the globe!

Our society can never develop further until people start thinking about others! We are just too busy with our own needs. And even if our needs are met, it is sort of engraved into our brain not to think even remotely about other people!

Once the mandatory needs (roti, kapda, makan and some income source for maintaining a healthy lifestyle) of a person are met, IMO he should take some steps to make those people's life a little better who are not as fortunate as he is!

But what happens in India is, a person makes 1000 crores of illicit money though corruption; and yet, he thinks he should keep going just because his neighbor made 1500 crores! We are still a little too much self obsessed with ourselves and need a genuine miracle to be able to improve, even a little!

Hugely off-topic but couldn't control myself saying what I feel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Felt really bad - Thats sheer vandalism.
I agree with noop when will people learn to respect others property - or is it the big "J" (jealousy) ?

Feel free to apply some tight rights n lefts if you get hold of that person.
Anyway the mental agony won't feel respite regardless.
I don't think I will ever be able to find the bloody ******* who did this to my car, but I don't see any point in beating the dead snake! Need to have some courage to bear the scars on my Shark and get her back to shiny days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
Just your description of it makes me cringe, Ace. I don't even want to look at pictures, and I can't even begin to imagine your anger.

What's it with the NCR and general lack of humanity?
Very true, spadix! I belong to a small town and having spent most of my time in countryside, the attitude of Delhiites make me go many times! Sometime I feel, there are no human beings in NCR, they are just machines running around in human form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
I have had bad experiences with aftermarket HID bulbs (even branded ones like Philips) in my previous car - they are extremely unreliable. Since then, I have sworn not to touch the stock headlights of my car ever!
Naah, I do not mind the HID gone kaput (other than the fact that it is going to be expensive to replace)! Civic's stock headlights are pretty good, but are you sure you'd not like to have my Shark's headlights in your purple beauty? wink wink!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
@ACE

Was heart broken to hear about the scratches and as Dot said words cant express the pain nor can it calm anyone nor repair the damages but now its done you cant help it.

Only thing you can do is try finding the person and giving him to the Police as assulting him will give him all the rights to fight against you in a legal way.(presuming hes a educated chap with money in his pockets)

Hope to see Shark back in her former glory once again.

I really think this could be the case of jealousy by neighbors or some persons who are plain jealous of you and have a typical "CRAB MENTALITY"

Why dont you cover your shark and tie down the cover tightly so as to prevent such pathetic and unfuitfull things in the future?
Thanks for your consolation, Jatin! As I said, car cover is hardly of any help! And I don't think I will ever be able to come to know the culprit, I have asked almost everybody in the neighborhood and the security guards! I guess I need to make some financial arrangements for the paint job!
Ace F355 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2011, 15:26   #227
BHPian

@ACE

any jugad for covered parking can be done ?

and is the shark your primary and only vehicle?
Old 11th June 2011, 15:46   #228
Senior - BHPian

Rohit, sorry to hear about the vandalism on your Shark! For car lovers like us, such incidents often leave a permanent scar on one's emotion, and it is even more frustrating when you know you can't do anything about it. Colonies such as DDA colonies are filled with rowdies and envying neighbors. That's one reason why I moved to Noida, to a gated builder apartment with cover parking. It is a bit expensive than other accommodation, but it is complete peace of mind, especially if you love the car you owe. Now I am in Bangalore, and the first thing I considered when looking for an apartment is, if it has a decent parking (basement/covered parking). One gotta provide a secure shelter for the car that we so love to drive. So, I hope you get past the incident, and bring back the Shark in its glory and at the same time, look for a good place to park. Good luck!
Old 11th June 2011, 21:00   #229
Team-BHP Support

I like the car cover idea - I think it might just work. If they can't see the expensive looking car, I'm pretty sure the "car scratcher" wouldn't go to the extent of lifting up a cover just to scratch. They are opportunists who look for easy metal. You can use some ingenuity and even lock it down (you need a stretchable belt with metal piece on both the sides that can take a normal "Godrej lock").

Another option is to install one of those hyper sensitive impact alarms - the ones that scream when somebody touches/handles the body of the car with reasonable force. The problem with this is that your car might start screaming in the middle on the night whenever a bus goes by.
Old 11th June 2011, 21:09   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Another option is to install one of those hyper sensitive impact alarms - the ones that scream when somebody touches/handles the body of the car with reasonable force. The problem with this is that your car might start screaming in the middle on the night whenever a bus goes by.
That is not a good idea at all if a person lives in a society. Children will deliberately make an impact to the car for making fun. The owner would never know if their car is buzzing. I have seen this situation in various multistory societies in Gurgaon. Covering is definitely a good option but as Rohit said that is also not a good idea because they (mischievous people) may tear up that as well.

Last edited by bluevolt : 11th June 2011 at 21:13.
Old 11th June 2011, 22:47   #231
BHPian

@Rohit
this might sound bit wacky or weird or both,
but how why dont you set up a private guard for the Shark ? I mean it will work out to be cheaper then everytime repainting the scratched panels?
Old 11th June 2011, 23:42   #232
BHPian

sorry to hear about the ordeal your shark had to bear.
have been a silent follower of your thread and loved every upgrade that you have done to transform your civic into a looker.

hope it gets back to its former self quick.
Old 12th June 2011, 21:21   #233
Senior - BHPian

Okay, the engine mount has been replaced today! Cost, INR 4200 for the mount + INR 450 labour!

The mount is original honda part, just that the supplier is different! Thanks Gaurav_Chopra to guide me to the place I could buy it!

The Phillips D2S 4300K HID bulb was gone kaput too! I bought a new one for INR 3000.

Thinking of buying the carbon fiber kit for my Shark's interiors! Lets see!

Quote:
@ACE

any jugad for covered parking can be done ?

and is the shark your primary and only vehicle?
Well, for me! Yes the Civic is the only vehicle I have other than my Pulsar! About the jugaad for covered parking, I can leave my car in my office's basement parking but then, whats the use of the car if I can't have it at my will!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Rohit, sorry to hear about the vandalism on your Shark! For car lovers like us, such incidents often leave a permanent scar on one's emotion, and it is even more frustrating when you know you can't do anything about it. Colonies such as DDA colonies are filled with rowdies and envying neighbors. That's one reason why I moved to Noida, to a gated builder apartment with cover parking. It is a bit expensive than other accommodation, but it is complete peace of mind, especially if you love the car you owe. Now I am in Bangalore, and the first thing I considered when looking for an apartment is, if it has a decent parking (basement/covered parking). One gotta provide a secure shelter for the car that we so love to drive. So, I hope you get past the incident, and bring back the Shark in its glory and at the same time, look for a good place to park. Good luck!
Valid point, iTNerd! I have already started looking for another place. But I want to stay in South Delhi only, not in Gurgaon or Faridabad! The daily commute will become a pain!

Quote:
I like the car cover idea - I think it might just work. If they can't see the expensive looking car, I'm pretty sure the "car scratcher" wouldn't go to the extent of lifting up a cover just to scratch. They are opportunists who look for easy metal. You can use some ingenuity and even lock it down (you need a stretchable belt with metal piece on both the sides that can take a normal "Godrej lock").

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
That is not a good idea at all if a person lives in a society. Children will deliberately make an impact to the car for making fun. The owner would never know if their car is buzzing. I have seen this situation in various multistory societies in Gurgaon. Covering is definitely a good option but as Rohit said that is also not a good idea because they (mischievous people) may tear up that as well.
Bluevolt is right about hypersensitive alarms! I am quite fancying the car cover idea, I may not put the original Honda car cover but will buy another cheaper car cover and will use it!

Quote:
@Rohit
this might sound bit wacky or weird or both,
but how why dont you set up a private guard for the Shark ? I mean it will work out to be cheaper then everytime repainting the scratched panels?
hahaha... you are kidding, right? Private guard, hmmm..... may be when I will be able to afford'em!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superboy44 View Post
sorry to hear about the ordeal your shark had to bear.
have been a silent follower of your thread and loved every upgrade that you have done to transform your civic into a looker.

hope it gets back to its former self quick.
Good to hear from you, superboy44! I will get her back to good shape again, soon!
Old 12th June 2011, 21:36   #234
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
.. I have taken up a new job with handsome salary
Congratulations.

Quote:

Thinking of buying the carbon fiber kit for my Shark's interiors! Lets see!
Saw such a kit on @The Saint's Civic yesterday. They look really cool. Didnt have time to ask him how he procured it as he was too busy giving the ICE demo to a large crowd. Check out the photos on the last few pages in the Mumbai-Pune mega meet thread.

BTW, where do you get such things?
Old 12th June 2011, 23:33   #235
Senior - BHPian

I am glad the car is back in shape, well almost..

Quote:
The mount is original honda part, just that the supplier is different! Thanks Gaurav_Chopra to guide me to the place I could buy it!
Well, you are most welcome Rohit. It was a pleasure talking to you. I have been researching on Honda forums and found EVO mounting kit on many Hondas.

Quote:
I am quite fancying the car cover idea, I may not put the original Honda car cover but will buy another cheaper car cover and will use it!
Let me know if you need any, our neighbours have shop in azad market, they can procure a decent one for some 7-800. Genuine Honda should be over 3k.

Lastly, do enquire from Tata AIG, if the previous owners no claim will be transfered to your name. If not, its worth taking a claim.
Old 13th June 2011, 10:34   #236
Senior - BHPian

Nice to know that your problem has been resolved Ace.
Any plans for a ICE upgrade too in the future along with the CF kit?
Old 13th June 2011, 11:19   #237
Senior - BHPian

Ok My car went to workshop, it was just a day affair, but in the meantime things have slightly gone offside,
Day - 1, work well done, but pathetic colour match, Sai colorium accepted the mistake curteously, They said the'll repaint the door n running board lower portion once again.
Day -2 , Paint matched the original condition, but when removing the extra paint using thinner which was coated on the door(they painted it to get the correct colour match), my doors paint got slightly shrunk(small dot dot patches ) due to thinner.
Once again, they accepted the mistake, and told me to leave the car Monday(today), and the'll get it repainted once again.
Fingers crossed... hoping to get the car in good condition by today evening :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
do enquire from Tata AIG, if the previous owners no claim will be transfered to your name. If not, its worth taking a claim.
@Gaurav, NCB(No claim Bonus) cannot be transfered from one owner to the other owner. This holds good for all Insurance companies.
Only insurance can be transferred , but not NCB
In simple terms, one can just transfer the insurance's NCB from one vehicle(when he sells it off) to other(can be new or used) IFF both the vehicles are in his name.

Does anybody know how to remove FEVISTICK gum marks from the dashboard ? spilled some drops of gum on the Civic dashboard, almost near the speedometer.
Old 13th June 2011, 13:08   #238
Senior - BHPian

[quote="sushrutha"]
@Gaurav, NCB(No claim Bonus) cannot be transfered from one owner to the other owner. This holds good for all Insurance companies.
Only insurance can be transferred , but not NCB
In simple terms, one can just transfer the insurance's NCB from one vehicle(when he sells it off) to other(can be new or used) IFF both the vehicles are in his name.
[quote]

Thanks mate, that's exact to my knowledge on NCBs. Don't know how Tata AIG told Rohit that the previous owners NCB will also be transferred in his name. That's why I asked him to recheck.

Also, Rohit sourced his mounting from the spare mart link you posted. So, thanks again for sharing.

Edit: don't know why the format is coming wrong, I didnt quote my words.??? This reply is from my iPhone??

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 13th June 2011 at 13:16.
Old 13th June 2011, 13:22   #239
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Does anybody know how to remove FEVISTICK gum marks from the dashboard ? spilled some drops of gum on the Civic dashboard, almost near the speedometer.
Is it "Fevistick" or "Feviquick"? The reason I am asking is the stick cannot be spilled as drops. Slightly unsure here.

Near the speedometer means on the transparent plastic cover? or on the dash?

Anyways if it is Fevistick, you can use water. Even a regular "all purpose cleaner" spray with a cloth rub will be fine.

If it is Feviquick, do let me know where it has actually fallen.

Last edited by dot : 13th June 2011 at 13:34.
Old 13th June 2011, 14:41   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post

Thanks mate, that's exact to my knowledge on NCBs.
Also, Rohit sourced his mounting from the spare mart link you posted. So, thanks again for sharing.
Good to hear that many are benifitting from the spare mart Shop.
I'm also planning to get some parts from him very shortly.

Quote:
Is it "Fevistick" or "Feviquick"?
Kindly excuse me dot, it's Feviquick. I typed it as fevistick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dot
If it is Feviquick, do let me know where it has actually fallen.
Exactly at the spot where I have shown.( A Type-R civic for reference )
It's the soft part of the dashboard.
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-type_r.jpg

If I use thinner to remove the Feviquick gum residue, I'm sure that portion would shrink.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks