Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2011, 18:06   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: RRP Hyperdrive in a friend's Mitsu Cedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
RRP Cedia is putting out a whopping 280 at the wheels. ..Its been featured in the QM mag i believe.

Yes, Car India 2010 March edition reviewed two petrol turbo charged cars from RRP including a swift and a cedia. The cedia had 280 BHP with a garrett turbo (dont remember which one) and did 0-100 in some 6.5 seconds. It was the owner of the car who got RRP the turbo and RRP stated that its was quiet a big turbo for the cedia and hence lag was much more. They also stated that the car was running on stock suspension and hence it was difficult to exploit the power to the fullest. Also the alloys and even brakes if I am not wrong were stock.

According to me, it was a no brainer, the first thing I'd upgrade with more power is the brakes. Common, 280 bhp and one runs on stock suspension (soft and bigger springs) and stock brakes (atleast get a set of bigger brembos). Also, if a stock evo with best AWD runs stock at 300 bhp, getting a 280 of a FWD is again waste of effort. I agree with GTO, a more planted car at the corners with moderate power is much more realistic. I too believe anything over 250 bhp will be an overkill.

Along with this, that edition of Car India also listed various pete'd cars with different mods available. I desperately wanted that edition but I was already in April when I read it. Should get it though from a book shop in Cannought place, will try get it for my records.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 25th April 2011 at 18:23.
Old 25th April 2011, 22:33   #32
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys this is Anmol this side posting from Chiragh Bir's account. He told me about the response on this thread and I would like to Thank you all for taking such interest in the build.

I would like to share a few things in this post.
First things first. Why a Cedia instead of EVO or 370z. Well, Ill explain to you all...
The driving has to be done by my father and me. He has severe knee problems and hence it is difficult for him to get in and out of a car like EVO X and 370z. We went all the way from Chandigarh to Delhi to test drive both the vehicles before the booking. It wasn't too pleasant an experience. Mainly, because of the really really low seating position. Plus there were no height adjusters in the EVO X. Cedia doesnt have much of this issue...

Secondly, because I got admission in Mech Engineering in USA and hence ill be going there in mid - August to start my college. I will be coming back for 4-5 months approx. every year. A less expensive car was a better choice in this case. If I were staying in India, we would have surely gone in for the 370z, not the EVO X(370z is too much Love at first sight kinds )

The cedia will be running on GT-25 turbo set at 7 psi, with a boost tee to make it go upto 10 psi, nothing more than that. I personally dont want un-necessary excess power.

I would be going to Bangalore 5 days before the build finishes and participate in the built. I will post a detailed report of everything that has gone inside the car, whats been taken out and how each part made a difference in the performance and stability of the vehicle. There will be detailed pictures of the whole project. The car will reach the RRP facility tomorrow, i.e. Tuesday.

Mr. Sangeeth has been of great help in this whole project. Very very patient with me (considering the fact that i ask too much about everything). I had a bad expirence with Autopsyche in this build. There was no response from them despite a lot of number of calls and email with all the products that were required.

Im giving the car a green and white theme. Very very less though. Nothing on the exterior at all. Just plain simple white, with probably a touch of greens here and there..

On the inside however, I am using green neons and led's to lighten up the under-dash and under steering area. Thats about it.

Please feel free to ask anything about the build and feel more free to give your inputs about the build. This post on T-BHP has been of great help because I could further enchance my knowledge and ask RRP for a few extra things here and there, like the strut bars etc.
Old 25th April 2011, 22:40   #33
BHPian

Wow Chirag, what i was planning on doing to my Cedia around 3years from now, your friend is doing right away!!goes without saying that i am hooked to this thread!!

I totally agree with GTO-more power need not be fun always!like pirelli used to advertise-"Power is nothing without control!"i do not know how much bhp the cedia can handle-do not have that much of technical knowledge but be careful not to overdo it!!ultimately your friend should enjoy it!

@GTO if one were to transform the cedia from a 2wd to a 4wd, then will it be able to handle 300+ bhp?and will such a conversion be possible?any idea how much would be the max cedia can handle without losing the pleasure factor?

@Anmol congrats dude, wishing you all the very best in your cedia modification project!!one question-why did RRP say trubodrive was not good for the cedia?

Last edited by carfreak : 25th April 2011 at 22:45.
Old 25th April 2011, 23:16   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
@Anmol congrats dude, wishing you all the very best in your cedia modification project!!one question-why did RRP say trubodrive was not good for the cedia?
Hey
Thanks a lot

RRP said turbo-drive wasnt good because the stock con rods couldnt take the pressure.
Old 25th April 2011, 23:22   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiragh_bir View Post
Hey
Thanks a lot

RRP said turbo-drive wasnt good because the stock con rods couldnt take the pressure.
Oh alright but as per pranavt the stock internals can take upto 350bhp!!anyway if RRP prefers to do this modification then no issues!!
Old 26th April 2011, 09:45   #36
BHPian

Anmol, when will you be in blore? Drag Chirag along!

Carfreak, RRP have suggested the hyperdrive as they can later bump up the power without having to touch the internals. Most owners come back for more power after a while. Plus they stress more on reliability as there are chances of things going wrong in the wrong hands! Not to mention the extra $$!
Old 26th April 2011, 10:25   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiragh_bir View Post
Hey
Thanks a lot

you mean the stock internals cant take 7psi boost??
thats the minimum boost level most Indian turbo ed cars are running on and i have loads of friends running that sort of boost and for a while now.
hmmmmm.
Old 26th April 2011, 10:47   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild4lyfe View Post
you mean the stock internals cant take 7psi boost??
thats the minimum boost level most Indian turbo ed cars are running on and i have loads of friends running that sort of boost and for a while now.
hmmmmm.

+1 to that, my Swift is running of Stock internals, I am sure the Cedia has far stronger internals considering it's lineage. But once you have forged internals that is the end of your worries in case you decide to bump up power.

@chiragh_bir
Was your friend talking to Autopsyche about TC'ing the Cedia ? Thank his stars he did not give his car there for any engine related work. It would have been a disaster, as many have been before. Great decision, RRP is the best in the business, with all the infrastructure & expertise required for such as job.

Cheers
Old 26th April 2011, 11:51   #39
BHPian

at the end of the day its a business theyre running. each and everyone here has to realize that even if you are CHADDI BUDDYs with them.
i remember this one time when i had my clutch opened and this was a fresh clutch.the tuner tells me that my plates are completely worn out and when i checked i saw that the grinds were fresh.
i didnt say a word, got it replaced and never went back again.

Performance tuning has always been a gamble in India and will be for a long time to come but with guys like RRP i atleast see some hope.

Last edited by wildchild4lyfe : 26th April 2011 at 11:55.
Old 26th April 2011, 12:00   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
Oh alright but as per pranavt the stock internals can take upto 350bhp!!anyway if RRP prefers to do this modification then no issues!!
He dint say stock internals could take 350bhp. What he said was with the kind of internals going in the car it could easily be 350bhp then why just 7psi ?

Maybe the stock internals could take 6-7psi but since RRP dint wanted to risk anything
or as ricky_63 said forged internals is the end of worries in case you decide to bump up the power.

Last edited by Neil.Bhujbal : 26th April 2011 at 12:01.
Old 26th April 2011, 17:47   #41
BHPian

Yes what Pranav said was that the forged parts can take that kind of pressure.

& I agree with neil on the RRP wanting to play it safe with the build.

OK to all motorsports enthusiasts: Team red rooster has backed out from this years rally season due to lack of sponsors and that too being the Champs!! SAD!
Old 26th April 2011, 21:53   #42
Senior - BHPian

Hey all

Spoke to RRP about the bigger turbo GT28R. They said no because of major turbo lag. The car will be running at 14 psi. They are using polycarbon bushes for the rear. strut bars will be added too

Oh and car reached the RRP facility today at 5:30pm. Im attaching the pics of my new baby, straight from the factory to RRP.
Attached Thumbnails
RRP Hyperdrive in a friend's Mitsu Cedia-img01208201104261809.jpg  

RRP Hyperdrive in a friend's Mitsu Cedia-img012062011042618082.jpg  

RRP Hyperdrive in a friend's Mitsu Cedia-img01207201104261809.jpg  

Old 27th April 2011, 10:25   #43
BHPian

Youre in safe hands. noone knows cedias in India like those guys.
Old 27th April 2011, 10:33   #44
Senior - BHPian

Now this is sure going to be one VERY exciting build. I can well imagine the excitement of the owner, hope it turns out even better than anticipated.

The FIRST time I drove my TC'd Swift, I could not believe that I was driving the same engine in the car. The TC'ing makes the car another animal all together. All the best for the build.

Do post pictures of the process, if possible.

P.S. The stock tyres look undersized for the power that your car is going to put out, change is definately in order

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 27th April 2011 at 10:35.
Old 27th April 2011, 15:02   #45
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Anmol, its certainly gonna be a heck of a ride after the build.

I am already hearing F&F tunes .

You may want to swap those headlights for smoked projectors, get a set of fog lights, vortex generator, an evo 8 spoiler and of course better set of wheels (including tyres). Also, dont know if beige interiors will be as exciting as the rest of the car ??

Attaching a few pics, may be you want to sourse similar bumpers as well if not an evo 8 kit .

Name:  untitled.bmp
Views: 8458
Size:  510.2 KB

Name:  untitled 3.bmp
Views: 6579
Size:  727.8 KB

Name:  untitled5.bmp
Views: 26358
Size:  646.4 KB

Name:  untitled 4.bmp
Views: 28463
Size:  646.4 KB

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 27th April 2011 at 15:28.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks