Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2011, 19:09   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: RRP Hyperdrive in a friend's Mitsu Cedia

Considering that his dad will be using the car for now, it seems a little over the top don't you think ? The OE spoiler seems to cut it just about right IMHO. Better tyres sure, the rims I think are MOMO, but a BBS kind of pattern would do good in the looks department. The smoked headlamps like they had on earlier Cedias - YES

Cheers
Old 27th April 2011, 23:10   #47
Senior - BHPian

Sure Ricky, you are right, the bumpers and spoiler will look over if his dad is to drive the car regularly. I thought he will be driving the car occasionally. But the rest should make the car look much more meaner.

OT: saw your ex-lancer (red) the other day near Bangla Sahib Gurudwara. Its still a looker, recognised it as soon as I saw it. Must say you have a good taste.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 27th April 2011 at 23:11.
Old 28th April 2011, 02:30   #48
Senior - BHPian

Hey

I couldn't believe me eyes that all those cars were Cedias lol. No i want to keep it simple. Make it like a surprise
But whatever, the body kits are lovely. Any idea from where can i source them?

RRP is changing the tyres of the car. Most likely Michelin PP2, or yokohamas.
Defi gauges will be added. Turbo gauge, temperatures, tacho with shift(still double minded about it, too expensive).
Old 28th April 2011, 04:24   #49
BHPian

Hey Anmol,

I just bookmarked the thread and religiously following it. I can't wait to see how the end product feels to drive.

How do you find the pricing of spares from RRP. I do know dealers have big margins on performance mods. The tein suspension with EDFC in US costs about 1400$. I'm not sure about custom and freight charges. When i checked with RRP, i was qouted about 1.3 L. This was for civic. It may not make sense to you because you want to drive before you leave to the US, but sourcing spares from there according to the specs recommended by RRP will make it cheaper.You lose out on warranty though. There is 2 year warranty on suspension from RRP.

I would like you to tastefully set up the exterior and interior look. IMO, making it excessively flashy and lot of led lighting etc would make it looked like the mods done by teenagers. I'm sure you must have seen a lots of zens with chassis,bonnet and floor lighting. Since yours is a professional mod, it better be on the lines of evo X in terms of looks.
Old 28th April 2011, 09:37   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiragh_bir View Post
But whatever, the body kits are lovely. Any idea from where can i source them?
You should manage to source them online, US, Singapore, Dubai, Thailand websites. These are the places where cedia was sold the most. You will also find them on ebay.com. Had quiet a few links of these before my laptop crashed last year. Will try search for more over the weekend and send them across.

Quote:
RRP is changing the tyres of the car. Most likely Michelin PP2, or yokohamas.
You may want PS3 rather than PP2, because PP2 I believe have been discontinued and PS3 is what Michelin is selling now. For the Yokos, go for Advan Sport. they come as OE tyre in EVO in some parts of the world. Thought they do get too loud with time (went extra loud at 20k kms in friend's 5, they lasted 10k more though after that.

Also, I am guess you will get new set of wheels too.. 17?? You should manage fine atleast in and around chandigarh. The roads are too good to good to drive, especially at night. straight roads and round abouts... Dont ask me why I say that . 15" wheels wont give you lot of options with wider tyres.

Also, for the width, 215 should be no problem in cedia, 225 though will require spacers, as they will hit the arms atleast in the rear. Also, 205s or above will touch front skirting ends or fender lining at times, make sure you cut inside of the skiting (only front), that will make space for 215s or above. For the fender lining, ask RRP for a solution. 215 will definitely touch, but anything under that will be puny for the ride you are about to build.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 28th April 2011 at 09:38.
Old 28th April 2011, 10:22   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Sure Ricky, you are right, the bumpers and spoiler will look over if his dad is to drive the car regularly. I thought he will be driving the car occasionally. But the rest should make the car look much more meaner.

OT: saw your ex-lancer (red) the other day near Bangla Sahib Gurudwara. Its still a looker, recognised it as soon as I saw it. Must say you have a good taste.

An OE looking car with the kind of power it is to have, would make many a jaw drop

Oh my ex-Lancer, thanks, yes it is a looker. The guy who has it now has looked after it well. Sigh !! But for my back I'd never have sold it.

Cheers
Old 28th April 2011, 23:51   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would like you to tastefully set up the exterior and interior look. IMO, making it excessively flashy and lot of led lighting etc would make it looked like the mods done by teenagers. I'm sure you must have seen a lots of zens with chassis,bonnet and floor lighting. Since yours is a professional mod, it better be on the lines of evo X in terms of looks.
Hey,

I will not do it too much. I want to keep it simple from the outside. Will probably have a "Tuned by Red Rooster Performance" logo with the rooster sign. Lol

Anyways, i like greens, thats why some led's for the interiors only. under the dash type stuff..

I have a small question. I need a tacho with shift light, boost gauge, voltmeter gauge. What brand should i go in for?
RRP is suggesting Defi. But Defi is bloody bloody blodddyyyyy expensive.
Its approx costing me 1 lac for Tacho with shift, temp gauge, volt meter, boost and one more gauge of my choice. You think i can get it cheaper?

I really want the compomotive rims. Model no. CXT 1880
I am attaching the pic below.

Are they good?
Attached Thumbnails
RRP Hyperdrive in a friend's Mitsu Cedia-cxt1880_l.jpg  

Old 29th April 2011, 00:01   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I will not do it too much. I want to keep it simple from the outside. Will probably have a "Tuned by Red Rooster Performance" logo with the rooster sign.
I agree with ricky here "An OE looking car with the kind of power it is to have, would make many a jaw drop"

Quote:
I really want the compomotive rims. Model no. CXT 1880
Are they good?
They will look wicked, again these are similar to the BBS you get in an EVO. But I am skeptical if you will get this in 17" 4 hole 114 PCD.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 29th April 2011 at 00:03.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2011, 00:06   #54
Senior - BHPian

Hey

Sorry for this, but i really didnt understand what exactly would an OE car would mean.

And rrp uses compomotives for their rally cars. i have asked them to let me know if this or any other similar model would be available.

any help on the gauges part?
Old 29th April 2011, 00:17   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey
Sorry for this, but i really didnt understand what exactly would an OE car would mean.

OE meaning in stock form from outside (same as from factory), no modifications including bumpers, spoiler etc..So it wont be a give away that the car is that fast. Say good bye to most germans on a drag at red light.. lolzzz

Cant help with gauges, sorry, I am not that technical. But I am sure other experts can help.

However, I can certainly seen Defi gauges in many Lancers and Evos.

You can get these alloys though in 17" 4 hole 114 PCD. My cousin's got same Koing ones on his cedia.
RRP Hyperdrive in a friend's Mitsu Cedia-m18.jpg

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 29th April 2011 at 00:33.
Old 29th April 2011, 00:29   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
. Better tyres sure, the rims I think are MOMO, but a BBS kind of pattern would do good in the looks department.
The rims are the OZ alloys!!that is one aspect they have not changed with the 2011 cedia!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post

They will look wicked, again these are similar to the BBS you get in an EVO. But I am skeptical if you will get this in 17" 4 hole 114 PCD.
Cedia is having pcd of 100 or 114?
Old 29th April 2011, 00:31   #57
Senior - BHPian

in the 2011 cedia, they have removed the black leather upholstery, touchscreen navigation system and the decals on the sides.

and yes i would love to keep the car in stock look. surprise factor
Old 29th April 2011, 00:43   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
The rims are the OZ alloys!!that is one aspect they have not changed with the 2011 cedia!!
He can retain the original momos but first, if he is to upgrade to bigger brakes, they wont fit in 15"; and then 15" wont even provide too many tyre options (anything over 205 is difficult to find in 15")

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
Cedia is having pcd of 100 or 114?
I am pretty sure cedia is 114.3 PCD. Will reconfirm tomorrow though.
Old 29th April 2011, 10:09   #59
Senior - BHPian

@Chiragh / Anmol

Those alloys (pic posted by you) should look nice. Get them painted in Graphite Grey Metallic. Also the picture posted by Gaurav shows some nice alloys. I think you are building this car for street use, where Rally Spec Alloys are not essential. You can consider other less expensive options as well. I am using the same design of alloys in 15" size on my Swift they are Hijoin (Taiwanese) decent brand. Nowhere close to Compomotives though, but the price difference is H U G E just like the Defi vs AutoMeter gauges.

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 29th April 2011 at 10:14.
Old 29th April 2011, 11:14   #60
BHPian

How about these... posted in some other thread.

RRP Hyperdrive in a friend's Mitsu Cedia-cedia.jpg

RRP Hyperdrive in a friend's Mitsu Cedia-cedia1.jpg
brraj is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks