Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2011, 10:06   #151
BHPian

re: 3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
As I suspected, these are 3d mats from a different company, not from Formosa, who is the creator of 3D Kagu mats. Like @ninja said, even if they are not the original 3D Kagu mats, they seem to be quite good for the price!
Actually, I was not very sure why the symbol mentioned something else. But when he did pull this set from the lot it had KAGU written on it and he said he had only the sporty version for the VW Polo. Either way I am satisfied for now with the quality

Last edited by moralfibre : 31st March 2014 at 15:18. Reason: Old post. Fixing quote tag.
Old 24th October 2011, 15:30   #152
BHPian

I am not happy with the company supplied mats (4 nos, no hump mat) that I have got with my Chevy Cruze LTZ AT. Enquired with Poona Motors here in Pune and am told over phone that the 3D ones will cost 5k.
I am going to get an in-person look but 99% i would be going for these. The information on this thread has convinced me to get it...a small price to pay for a clean interior...considering I have a son who, my wife insists, can be fed wherever she wants! :-)

I will definitely post some pics soon.
Old 2nd November 2011, 13:38   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Just checked with a friend who also happens to be a dealer for 3D in Bangalore (did not know earlier). Rates for Black Kagu mats are : Swift Mat Set - Rs.4800/- and Universal Mat Set - Rs.2400/-
Planning to check out both soon and decide.
NPV, if you don't mind can you asked your friend (dealer) if these mats are available for 1st generation zen (mine is 2002)? I know I'm expecting too much for an old car but still thanks.
Old 13th November 2011, 14:00   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_X View Post
I got them for 4200/- for my ANHC.
Thats a real good price.

I have been quoted 5500/- for my Honda City (ANHC) by Car Point, Mumbai. Is it reasonable?
Old 13th November 2011, 14:06   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackparag View Post
Thats a real good price.

I have been quoted 5500/- for my Honda City (ANHC) by Car Point, Mumbai. Is it reasonable?
touch expensive but totally worth it man.
Old 13th November 2011, 20:34   #156
BHPian

Hi All,

My car (ANHC) is due for servicing next week and would like to know if I have to take out the 3D kagu Mats and put the OM rubber mats back before I leave the car with them? Is there any risk of the 3D mats getting misplaced or damaged incase they are left in car itself?

Appreciate your responses based on your experiences so that it would help me be prepared.

Cheers,
KTP
Old 25th November 2011, 19:00   #157
BHPian

Got my 3D MAXpider mats for 5200 /- from A.K.International Chennai. This is the one that has the velcro at the back for anti skid. They did not have the Kagu which is bit less expensive. The alternative was the Kazukuzi thing that was quoted at 3800/- but i decided to go for the 3D. I know its expensive but ...
Old 25th November 2011, 19:10   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
I think 2250 is a little to low for a genuine 3D Kagu custom-fit mat. The originals do not have a velcro on the bottom side. The shop might have palmed off a look-alike to you. However, if the quality feels good, might as well be worth it. Can you post some photos of these mats?

IMHO, if we can get quality mats irrespective of brand name for 2250, then so be it. If companies charge a high premium just for the brand, then we all are getting ripped off. Are there any other brands apart from Kagu that manufacture 3D mats?
sumeshmani is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2011, 10:47   #159
BHPian

Can some one clarify on the below points

1. Is the 3D kagu mats same for polo and the Vento?

2. After fitting the 3D mats is there a gap between the mat and the car under wall?. (The raised wall of the mat and raised wall of the car below the front seat)

Last edited by dsr_rpm : 20th December 2011 at 10:48.
Old 20th December 2011, 10:50   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsr_rpm View Post
Can some one clarify on the below points

1. Is the 3D kagu mats same for polo and the Vento?

2. After fitting the 3D mats is there a gap between the mat and the car under wall (below the front seat)?.

1. Yes they are the same for the Polo and the Vento.

2. Not sure what you mean. But the mats are snug fit.

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-51.jpg  

Last edited by volkman10 : 20th December 2011 at 10:53.
Old 27th December 2011, 11:28   #161
BHPian

Was just reading through the OVERDRIVE edition of this month, and found out that there are cheaper alternatives to the 3D KAGU mats.

Some brands like: 4D Styling, ATLAS Star, etc.etc.

I had always kept myself away from the MAXSpiders since IMO they were too expensive for the feet.

Now that there are other options, which I agree are imitations, I'll be going to JC Road to pick this one up over the New Year weekend. Call it a NY gift for the Fabia.

For the Fabia, MAXSpider quoted 4800. 4D Styling quotes 2500(kagu styling). ATLAS Star quotes 3200.
Old 27th December 2011, 17:37   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mempheS.D View Post
Was just reading through the OVERDRIVE edition of this month, and found out that there are cheaper alternatives to the 3D KAGU mats.

Will be great if you could upload the article/ advt. that refers to the above. Does it also mention addresses of dealers/ distributors in various cities?
Old 28th December 2011, 15:46   #163
BHPian

Hi

Where can I get these mats in South Delhi?
Old 15th January 2012, 10:34   #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by mempheS.D View Post

I had always kept myself away from the MAXSpiders since IMO they were too expensive for the feet.

Now that there are other options, which I agree are imitations, I'll be going to JC Road to pick this one up over the New Year weekend. Call it a NY gift for the Fabia.

For the Fabia, MAXSpider quoted 4800. 4D Styling quotes 2500(kagu styling). ATLAS Star quotes 3200.
Did you buy the mats? Which ones did you buy and where on JC road did you buy them? I am looking for some decent ones that will cover the black carpets of my new Swift. They are a dust magnet!
Old 16th January 2012, 14:07   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nri199 View Post
Did you buy the mats? Which ones did you buy and where on JC road did you buy them? I am looking for some decent ones that will cover the black carpets of my new Swift. They are a dust magnet!
I ended up picking up STAR mats which were not comparable in quality to the KAGUs for 2200 from DRIFT in Koramangala near the Maharaja hotel.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks