Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2012, 23:49   #211
BHPian

re: 3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats

After going through many posts here about 3D Kagu mats and personally inspecting other similar products like Starmats at the accessory shops, I finally bought 3D Kagu mats for my Cruze (black mats) and Polo (beige mats). They are just awesome. I got them for 5200 (Cruze) and 4500 (Polo). The guy at the shop initially quoted 5500 for Cruze and 5000 for Polo, but I negotiated with him and got discounts. The 3D Kagu fits really well on both the cars.
Old 25th March 2012, 07:43   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
True, plus the dead pedal area is not brilliant either.
It should have sharp angles to cover it properly but it just gradually goes do ground level near the clutch, which feels weird to be honest.
I swear. I thought the huge voids left by these mats will collect dust on a longer run and decided against them.

But, to be frank, I checked out a friend's Polo with 3D Kagu mats that were snuggly fitted with no big voids in the cabin. I guess it is the complicated design of Civic's floor area which is the culprit in our case.
arvi86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2012, 12:40   #213
Distinguished - BHPian

The whole idea is that they are modelled to the shape of the car: if not, then fail!
Old 25th March 2012, 19:50   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
The whole idea is that they are modelled to the shape of the car: if not, then fail!
. In Civic's case, especially around the driver's floor space, the 3-D Kagu mats doesn't fit properly and therefore aren't worth the price in my opinion.
arvi86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2012, 20:39   #215
BHPian

Ok so I searched this thread for Baleno but couldnt get any hits. So anyone know where I can the 3D Kagu or equivalent for my Baleno? If not Kagu then any other good recommendations?

Cheers.
Old 25th March 2012, 20:55   #216
Distinguished - BHPian

I think you should be searching the threads for dealers near you. They will know what models they can supply for
Old 26th March 2012, 12:00   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
I swear. I thought the huge voids left by these mats will collect dust on a longer run and decided against them.

But, to be frank, I checked out a friend's Polo with 3D Kagu mats that were snuggly fitted with no big voids in the cabin. I guess it is the complicated design of Civic's floor area which is the culprit in our case.
I checked the fitting in my friend's cruze and ordered for my civic. It was a special order so there is nothing much I can do about it.
Old 28th March 2012, 12:17   #218
BHPian

I had bought mine for the old Jetta some time back. The driver's side heel resting portion was peeling off - wrote to the company and was provide with a replacement under warranty yesterday.

One thing I noticed were that the earlier ones had a smooth bottom whereas the new replaced one has a velcro type bottom that prevent slipping.
Attached Thumbnails
3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-img2011122900043.jpg  

Old 28th March 2012, 13:22   #219
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
wrote to the company and was provide with a replacement under warranty yesterday.
What good service!

Where did you write to? Did you first go to the place where you bought them?
Old 30th March 2012, 15:30   #220
BHPian

Hi folks please advise on these mats i'm planning to get for my figo.
my local car decor shop guy showed these (KII brand. dont know)when I asked him for 3d mats.
quoted 2800 for 4 pieces(2 +2 front and back). the fitting looks ok but need your opinion on whether these are good or not.

Showing a few snaps I took after taking a display mat and fitting them in the floorwell.

3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-img_0058.jpg
3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-img_0061.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-img_0060.jpg  

racer_m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2012, 16:33   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_m View Post
Hi folks please advise on these mats i'm planning to get for my figo.
my local car decor shop guy showed these (KII brand. dont know)when I asked him for 3d mats.
quoted 2800 for 4 pieces(2 +2 front and back). the fitting looks ok but need your opinion on whether these are good or not.

Showing a few snaps I took after taking a display mat and fitting them in the floorwell.
I think these are universal mat of a similar material as Kagu 3D, thats why lesser price, my take would be to go for Figo designed ones, even though they might cost a bit more, after all you dont often change the floor mats.
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2012, 16:40   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
I think these are universal mat of a similar material as Kagu 3D, thats why lesser price, my take would be to go for Figo designed ones, even though they might cost a bit more, after all you dont often change the floor mats.
Thanks Motomaverick, I assume quality wise these are almost close to the kagu ones maybe a tad less. Good suggestion but the pricing for Figo specific mats run anywhere from 4500 to 5200! On the other hand these dont look too shabby or slip/run off(checked them on the floor thoroughly)

Was thinking I could save 2K and make use of it somewhere else. Will see the fitting of the figo specific one and take a call then.
Old 30th March 2012, 16:49   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Motomaverick, I assume quality wise these are almost close to the kagu ones maybe a tad less. Good suggestion but the pricing for Figo specific mats run anywhere from 4500 to 5200! On the other hand these dont look too shabby or slip/run off(checked them on the floor thoroughly)

Was thinking I could save 2K and make use of it somewhere else. Will see the fitting of the figo specific one and take a call then.
Yeah, you should try both and check, by the way which shop are you checking these, incidently my OEM ones are already fading.
Old 30th March 2012, 16:56   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Yeah, you should try both and check, by the way which shop are you checking these, incidently my OEM ones are already fading.
Getting from Favara car decor, near Kundalahalli gate, whitefield. he usually sells them for 3600 but giving me at a special price as I have done, ICE,alloys,odd jobs from him
Old 30th March 2012, 16:59   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Getting from Favara car decor, near Kundalahalli gate, whitefield. he usually sells them for 3600 but giving me at a special price as I have done, ICE,alloys,odd jobs from him
Favara, i have visited when i used work in whitefield side. Let us know what you bought along with pics ofcourse

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks