Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2012, 20:26   #181
BHPian

re: 3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
I am looking out for 3D mats for my Swift and have been quoted Rs.5000 for the Kagu brand and 3200Rs. for another brand called K2 (If I remember the name correctly). Has anyone bought this brand before? I am planning to go over the weekend and check them both out before making a decision
Hi Arvind, did you get the swift specific 3D mats? I am being quoted 4500 for 3D mats at Jeewajee Car decors, Annanagar.
Old 27th February 2012, 22:48   #182
BHPian

I just got my set of beige 3D Maxspider mats for my new Vento from Jerish here in TVM.

I was a bit skeptical when I first heard of these mats on this forum: I mean, just how good can a set of mats look, for God's sake - They're just mats under your feet. You don't spend your life looking at them.

But I must admit my opinions have been drastically changed for me.

These mats look fabulous, and the car doesn't even look as if it has any, which, as with makeup, is the ultimate aim.

I've only had them for a couple of hours, but I'm already in love with them.
Old 28th February 2012, 08:41   #183
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

good decision man
I ve found the fit and finish just perfect and inline with the overall fit and finish of my Yeti.
When you drive a good car, you might as well get the best quality trimmings too is what I would submit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
I just got my set of beige 3D Maxspider mats for my new Vento from Jerish here in TVM.

I was a bit skeptical when I first heard of these mats on this forum: I mean, just how good can a set of mats look, for God's sake - They're just mats under your feet. You don't spend your life looking at them.

These mats look fabulous, and the car doesn't even look as if it has any, which, as with makeup, is the ultimate aim.

Old 28th February 2012, 08:59   #184
BHPian

Quote:

Some pics if it's possible ?
Old 28th February 2012, 11:51   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser_1982 View Post
Hi Arvind, did you get the swift specific 3D mats? I am being quoted 4500 for 3D mats at Jeewajee Car decors, Annanagar.
Not yet, was stuck up last weekend with multiple things and also have to get my car's interiors cleaned before I install the mats. 4500 is 500Rs cheaper than the price quoted to me. I just wanted to have a look at the K2 maps before buying the Kagu ones just to see the difference between the two. Will let you know if am going to get it. You let me know too
Old 28th February 2012, 14:33   #186
BANNED

Here are a couple of pics of the front Kagu Spyders in the Yeti. These are specific to the Yeti and are originals from Hot Tracks. I have placed those 4 OEM textile mats on top of these in front and rear and they dont intrude at all.
One pic is of the rear dicky area mat which is of a similar heavy duty material with the spidery stuff on the under-side, but that is not Kagu but a custom cut one for the Yeti, from that Hot Tracks dealer. On top of this custom dicky mat I ve put the simple yoga mats so that it is soft for my dogs to lie on.
Attached Thumbnails
3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-20120228021.jpg  

3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-20120228022.jpg  

3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-20120228023.jpg  

shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2012, 18:41   #187
BHPian

Here are some real quick pics:
1) First with the OEM carpet (note that the car comes with cellophane layer stuck over the OE mat, to prevent it from getting dirty);

2) Then with the crappy "Kozuki" mats that I picked up from New Bharat Tyres as a temprary solution;

3) And finally with the beige 3D Kagu mats that I ordered from Jerry's and got fitted last night.

There is just no comparison between the "Kozuki's" and the original 3D mats.
Attached Thumbnails
3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-img_6714.jpg  

3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-img_6716.jpg  

3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-img_6718.jpg  

Old 28th February 2012, 19:22   #188
BHPian

car point mumbai is quoting 5300 for a fabia. any other place where i can buy this from? suggestions are welcome. please.
Old 29th February 2012, 07:34   #189
BANNED

Yes even I pulled off that cellophane wrap from my OEM footwell space (beneath the textile mats). There was even one such cellophane wrap on the dicky lock area which I pulled off.
And absolutely yes - the Kagu Mats are streets above any of the other ones in the market. Hence the price differential is justifiable in my opinion.
I note you have nice dark seats- are they leathers?
I wish I had had the option of Dark Onyx leather on the Yeti instead of this India specific "beige lunacy"

Quote:
Here are some real quick pics:
1) First with the OEM carpet (note that the car comes with cellophane layer stuck over the OE mat, to prevent it from getting dirty);

2) Then with the crappy "Kozuki" mats that I picked up from New Bharat Tyres as a temprary solution;

3) And finally with the beige 3D Kagu mats that I ordered from Jerry's and got fitted last night.

There is just no comparison between the "Kozuki's" and the original 3D mats.
Old 29th February 2012, 08:33   #190
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
shankar.balan : ... but a custom cut one for the Yeti, from that Hot Tracks dealer. On top of this custom dicky mat I ve put the simple yoga mats so that it is soft for my dogs to lie on.
@Shankar, is the mat in #2 the one from Hot-Tracks ? What should I ask for when at the shop ? Is this the one near IG / Hosmat ?

I would suggest getting a border lining sewn onto these, to prevent tear from the edges.

Last edited by condor : 29th February 2012 at 08:34.
Old 29th February 2012, 08:40   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
rear dicky area mat which is of a similar heavy duty material with the spidery stuff on the under-side
The book mat looks real nice. How much did it cost you?
Old 29th February 2012, 08:46   #192
BANNED

Yes I got all the 5 Kagus and this heavy duty boot liner there at Hot Tracks near Hosmat. This mat is quite strong and actually doesnt have any easily frayed bits along the edges. Hence the border lining may not be required. Additionally, sewing the border lining may harm the surface and cause it to tear more easily than otherwise. It is a really sturdy heavy duty mat with that furry spidery stuff beneath it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Shankar, is the mat in #2 the one from Hot-Tracks ? What should I ask for when at the shop ? Is this the one near IG / Hosmat ?

I would suggest getting a border lining sewn onto these, to prevent tear from the edges.

The Boot Mat cost Rs 3500/-. Expensive no doubt but solid stuff for that price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenomad View Post
The book mat looks real nice. How much did it cost you?
Old 29th February 2012, 23:01   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I note you have nice dark seats- are they leathers?
I wish I had had the option of Dark Onyx leather on the Yeti instead of this India specific "beige lunacy"
These are the premium "Leatherite (?)" [sic] seat covers provided as OEM accessories from VW.

The reasons I have them over the "Livon" OEM uphoslstery are that

1) the colour matches the grey door and dash trim perfectly, and the car looks pretty good in beige and grey (I think) and

2) I have a two year old girl who will make short work of the seats as she grows up, no matter how careful I am. Much easier to replace seat covers than OE upholstery.

I don't think I will go the leather way any time soon, mostly because my theater of operations is in TVM (very hot and humid); I do not think it will be kind to leather in the long run, at least not enough to justify the cost.
Old 1st March 2012, 00:16   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smally View Post
car point mumbai is quoting 5300 for a fabia. any other place where i can buy this from? suggestions are welcome. please.
Smally as far as I know, CarPoint is the only dealer in Mumbai for Kagu 3D mats. If Rs. 5300 is quoted over the phone, than there are chances that if you go over the shop he may further reduce by another Rs. 500. Without bill you save another 12.5% VAT, sorry mods
I too have Kagu 3D mats in my Vento and they are very well worth the price.
Old 1st March 2012, 10:32   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Smally as far as I know, CarPoint is the only dealer in Mumbai for Kagu 3D mats. If Rs. 5300 is quoted over the phone, than there are chances that if you go over the shop he may further reduce by another Rs. 500. Without bill you save another 12.5% VAT, sorry mods
I too have Kagu 3D mats in my Vento and they are very well worth the price.
thanks el lobo, i remember reading in some post that these mats are available with other dealers at slightly lesser prices. i guess it was in a shop in milan subway. can't really remember! i am dreading the drive into town . i stay in the eastern suburbs man!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks