Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2012, 13:57   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: PICS : Carbon fibre (vinyl sticker) bonnet for the Ford Figo and Wagon R

Quote:
Originally Posted by 599gto View Post
Thank you for the information, Bhandari Auto is vvery much in the vicinity, can you please let me know the price per sq.ft.
He charges 1250/- per sq mtr. Give either of the owners (Rajesh, Sachin) my reference, and he might give you a discount .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Can you post a pic of the roof ? Was this the 3d textured vinyl?
Yes, this is 3d textured vinyl. Shall post a pic in a couple of days. The car is in Pune, and I am in Bangalore.

Quote:
Guys why not get it from ebay? I found this to be reasonably priced than what Pancham got.
I had ordered a sheet from ebay. But once it reached, I found out that it was just CF textured. It wasnt 3d. So, make sure you know what you are buying.
That said, prices on ebay are cheaper than the stores.

Quote:
Can you tell me how much sqft of this I need to order for covering the mirrors, and the B pillars?
You shouldnt need more than 3 sq feet for those parts. Better to measure the pillars. For the ORVM's, make sure you get it done from a known guy. Due to the curvy nature of the ORVM cowl, it gets difficult while sticking the vinyl.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2012, 14:05   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
He charges 1250/- per sq mtr. Give either of the owners (Rajesh, Sachin) my reference, and he might give you a discount .
That comes upto less than Rs. 125/- per sq.ft. Thank you!
Old 29th November 2012, 14:12   #123
BHPian

Quote:
I had ordered a sheet from ebay. But once it reached, I found out that it was just CF textured. It wasnt 3d. So, make sure you know what you are buying.
That said, prices on ebay are cheaper than the stores.
This guy's webpage says its 3d and can be felt. Perhaps I'll order 2 sets and then on that basis get the work done from the nearby sticker shop.

Quote:
You shouldnt need more than 3 sq feet for those parts. Better to measure the pillars. For the ORVM's, make sure you get it done from a known guy. Due to the curvy nature of the ORVM cowl, it gets difficult while sticking the vinyl.
I guess the ORVM can be done by using hot air blower. Will get the car parts done at the shop once I get the time. Will try my hand at it with some of my gadgets too
Parthasarathig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2012, 17:52   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Nice work Pancham, you are going full steam with CF conversion. I am also planning on the B pillars but I will need to remove the factory installed black vinyl first. How much sheet was required for the job, did not do the Window borders?
Why do you need to remove the factory fitted vinyl. Is there any possibility that you can put the CF vinyl on top of it? How much sheet required? Well I used up quite a lot because I misjudged the amount that was required. So ideally 2 sq ft should if not more. Mind you, you will be have a lot of leftovers. However, if you are an expert you can do with less than that I guess.

Quote:
I recently got my wife's Swift's roof CF vinyled.
This was done by Bhandari Auto on JM Road. If that isnt in your vicinity, they also have another shop on the bypass (under the Baner flyover) called Carax. Check wih them.

Looks sweet!
Why not blacken the roof too? Shall look pretty neat, IMO.
No roof wrapping for the time being. Its a car in which my mom travels as well. So have to keep a low key However I had thought of doing the door handles but I guess it would be over done. What do you think?
Quote:
Can you post a pic of the roof ? Was this the 3d textured vinyl?

Guys why not get it from ebay? I found this to be reasonably priced than what Pancham got.

@Pancham, does the glue damage the paint in anyway? im thinking of adding to my cars ORVMs for a fresh new look Can you tell me how much sqft of this I need to order for covering the mirrors, and the B pillars?
Nope the glue shall not damage the paint. ORVMS is a great idea provided the colour of the car matches with the CF.

As mentioned 1 sq ft is enough for the mirrors I guess depending on the size.

KEEP IN MIND: Always keep extra vinyl as most of us are not experts and we may end up wasting a little bit. So always good to keep some extra.
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2012, 11:09   #125
BHPian

Re: DIY Instructions + pics + Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
DIY Instructions + pics + Video:
Thanks a ton audioholic, that was mighty informative.
And it looks a fairly simple job as well .

Okay I have one question, I was about to order some Cf vinyl from ebay .
Has anyone tried the stuff this guy is selling ?? It seems to be a 3D vinyl where the textures can actually be felt . Do you think 2sp.ft would be enough for the back of a laptop screen ? (15 inch)

http://www.ebay.in/itm/3D-Carbon-Fib...#ht_782wt_1139
Old 30th November 2012, 12:08   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

My dell latitude having 15.4inch widescreen needs around 1.5ftX1ft for liberal application. So I think two square feet is good enough.
Old 30th November 2012, 13:06   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic
. Do you think 2sp.ft would be enough for the back of a laptop screen ? (15 inch)

[/url]
I ordered 2 pieces last night. Waiting for the delivery now. Will have to dig up my old hair dryer Tbhp never stops surprising me with DIY stuff.

You can wait for a few days and il confirm if its 3d texture or just smooth.
Audioholic thanks for the vid.

Last edited by Parthasarathig : 30th November 2012 at 13:08.
Old 30th November 2012, 19:34   #128
BHPian

Went to Bhandari Auto on JM road today, the carbon fibre vinyl was nothing like the one that 3M sells, however looked good enough, so thought of getting the VW roundels on my Polo wrapped, however the installer couldnt manage it properly, so got it removed, they did not charge me for anything.
The 3M apte road guys said they cant do it as well.
Went to 3M baner-pashan, excellent facility, got both the VW roundels, chrome strips on the grill, side view mirrors, door handles all wrapped in CF vinyl, also the headlamp eyelids. The rear roundel is not perfect, but i can give it the guys, it was really difficult, everything else turned out real good looking.
PICS:
PICS : Carbon fibre (vinyl sticker) bonnet for the Ford Figo and Wagon R-img00802201211301426.jpg

PICS : Carbon fibre (vinyl sticker) bonnet for the Ford Figo and Wagon R-img00803201211301426.jpg

PICS : Carbon fibre (vinyl sticker) bonnet for the Ford Figo and Wagon R-img00804201211301426.jpg

PICS : Carbon fibre (vinyl sticker) bonnet for the Ford Figo and Wagon R-img00805201211301523.jpg

PICS : Carbon fibre (vinyl sticker) bonnet for the Ford Figo and Wagon R-img00806201211301525.jpg

PICS : Carbon fibre (vinyl sticker) bonnet for the Ford Figo and Wagon R-img00807201211301526.jpg

PICS : Carbon fibre (vinyl sticker) bonnet for the Ford Figo and Wagon R-img00808201211301526.jpg

PICS : Carbon fibre (vinyl sticker) bonnet for the Ford Figo and Wagon R-img00809201211301529.jpg

PICS : Carbon fibre (vinyl sticker) bonnet for the Ford Figo and Wagon R-img00810201211301529.jpg

PICS : Carbon fibre (vinyl sticker) bonnet for the Ford Figo and Wagon R-img00811201211301554.jpg
599gto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2012, 18:20   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 599gto View Post
Went to Bhandari Auto on JM road today, the carbon fibre vinyl was nothing like the one that 3M sells, however looked good enough, so thought of getting the VW roundels on my Polo wrapped, however the installer couldnt manage it properly, so got it removed, they did not charge me for anything.
The 3M apte road guys said they cant do it as well.
Went to 3M baner-pashan, excellent facility, got both the VW roundels, chrome strips on the grill, side view mirrors, door handles all wrapped in CF vinyl, also the headlamp eyelids. The rear roundel is not perfect, but i can give it the guys, it was really difficult, everything else turned out real good looking.
PICS:
Attachment 1020414

Attachment 1020415

Attachment 1020416

Attachment 1020417

Attachment 1020418

Attachment 1020419

Attachment 1020420

Attachment 1020421

Attachment 1020422

Attachment 1020423
Can you share the costs.

P.S: This is just my opinion but I feel blackened VW logos dont really look good. In fact it looks like someone has nicked it if you know what I mean.
Old 1st December 2012, 19:40   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 599gto
Went to 3M baner-pashan, excellent facility, got both the VW roundels, chrome strips on the grill, side view mirrors, door handles all wrapped in CF vinyl, also the headlamp eyelids.
Well executed wrap job mate. *Thumbs Up*

Were the logos wrapped with a single piece of vinyl?
Old 1st December 2012, 21:21   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Can you share the costs.

P.S: This is just my opinion but I feel blackened VW logos dont really look good. In fact it looks like someone has nicked it if you know what I mean.
The CF vinyl is for Rs.352/- per sqft. installation is free, paid around 1500 Rs in total.
yeah i know, who ever saw those logos has said the exact same thing. looking for a suitable colour, will get them replaced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed kills View Post
Well executed wrap job mate. *Thumbs Up*

Were the logos wrapped with a single piece of vinyl?
Yes its all very neatly done, yes a single square piece was neatly stuck, heated and then extras were chopped off!
Old 2nd December 2012, 17:18   #132
BHPian

Quote:
I ordered 2 pieces last night. Waiting for the delivery now. Will have to dig up my old hair dryer Tbhp never stops surprising me with DIY stuff.

You can wait for a few days and il confirm if its 3d texture or just smooth.
Audioholic thanks for the vid.
That will be great...Eagerly waiting for your DIY pics...

On a similar note, once im done doing it on the laptop, im also thinking of doing it on my playbook. Carbon Fiber on a tablet would surely look wicked
Enigmatic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2012, 20:38   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
That will be great...Eagerly waiting for your DIY pics...

On a similar note, once im done doing it on the laptop, im also thinking of doing it on my playbook. Carbon Fiber on a tablet would surely look wicked
Its yet to be delivered, friend. Got all the tools

Im thinking cf-ing the laptop, external harddrive and router for starters. Would a cf backplate look good on a white phone? And of course there's the car

Looking forward to the pics of the cf-ed playbook.
Old 2nd December 2012, 21:43   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Its yet to be delivered, friend. Got all the tools

Im thinking cf-ing the laptop, external harddrive and router for starters. Would a cf backplate look good on a white phone? And of course there's the car

Looking forward to the pics of the cf-ed playbook.
Wow Cf-ing all the accessories attached to a laptop is a great idea !! Will look killer..

A CF black panel on a white phone, well it could work. Although a normal black back panel might look odd on a white phone, however one which has a CF back panel might look good. Why not give that a try as well while you are at it

Im sure people are soon gonna start CF-ing their house's, tv's, restrooms , dogs maybe
Enigmatic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2012, 23:09   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
Wow Cf-ing all the accessories attached to a laptop is a great idea !! Will look killer..

A CF black panel on a white phone, well it could work. Although a normal black back panel might look odd on a white phone, however one which has a CF back panel might look good. Why not give that a try as well while you are at it
That would be overkill. I can try cf-ing the orange monster's RVMs. But I'd need to get a proper hair dryer for that. This one is too small and doesn't blow much air.

About the phone, it would be for a galaxy note. So maybe it should look kinda "hatke". If it doesn't suit well can always put it on something else.

Just checked. The ebay store has shipped my item Now the wait for the delivery begins.

That was a nice idea about the tvs too. Would look good on especially slim tvs. Look good on the iPad as well

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks