Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2006, 20:11   #76
Senior - BHPian

Well, Fiesta tail lamps look kinda same-same and boring, since we are going to do some metal work, we might as well get somehting really different and outstanding rather than stuff like Fiesta tail lamps.
Old 18th April 2006, 21:16   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hari_rama
did u mean this?dont u think that the region between lamps looks very plain?

SRK, that I feel is a good design. To negate the plain looks of the region between the lamps, try a nickel strip (something like that on a Opel Vectra)... may be with the words [S U Z U K I B A L E N 0] etched on those...

again, I agree not many people will think the Vectra's rear looks great either... just check it out.
Old 19th April 2006, 11:03   #78
SRK
Senior - BHPian

A Possibility!

Guys I think this may replace the existing baleno:-
Suzuki AERIO
Looks a mix of the aveo and honda city,may be a possibility why Suzuki isnt interested in improving the looks of Baleno.
I think they need to launch it,will be a competition with the new City and Aveo.So what you all think???

Links:-http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/27538.jpg
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/27539.jpg

Thumbnails:-

Last edited by SRK : 19th April 2006 at 11:09.
Old 19th April 2006, 11:34   #79
BHPian

SRK, your guess might be right, Arieo might replace Baleno.

The other possibility though is Swift-Sedan might replace Baleno...because a lot of common components shared between swift-hatchback and swift-sedan can be very economical for maruti-suzuki.

http://hvtm.totalcar.hu/image.php3?i...an%202005%20(2)

Last edited by venkatrx : 19th April 2006 at 11:35.
Old 20th April 2006, 00:47   #80
elf
BANNED

Don't flog a dead horse...

I think the Baleno's design is fundamentally flawed, & the new Aerio looks like a bad tack up job.

There's too much mish-mash happening on the Baleno - IMHO the back's not bad looking (probably the best on the entire car in terms of design aesthetic).

It's the front with the small grille, "kaajal" lined headlamps, bulgy-eye front indicator / marker lamps & the entire front lower bumper treatment (including those silly slots for the fogs) is what makes me want to hit one every time I see it!

Compound that with the semi flared wheel arches, poor wheel-plate design, skinny small tyres & the knock-kneed stance that arises due to it, & you have a real killer in the looks department.

Want my suggestion? Instead of killing yourselves trying to make the Baleno's butt look better, stick on a set of wide alloys & thick tyres - 205/55 R15 should do the trick. Methinks a set of good 5/7 spoke mags should make all happy.

And in answer to your next question, No! Don't go in for the factory alloys - the turbine style design is all wrong for this car.

I've seen a few of them around & they really rock.

Also, if you really want to body-mod, change the front headlamps to a twin-eyed set & you'll have a car that'll be a head turner!

No offence in case any of my opinions rubbed you Baleno owners / lovers the wrong way.

Ciao!
Old 20th April 2006, 09:16   #81
Senior - BHPian

Whoa!!! Mr Elf seems to have a very different take on the Baleno's looks!!!
Old 20th April 2006, 09:25   #82
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Well looks are very subjective , so i dont think it should bother anyone .. There is no point in arguing on this front ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf
Want my suggestion? Instead of killing yourselves trying to make the Baleno's butt look better, stick on a set of wide alloys & thick tyres - 205/55 R15 should do the trick. Methinks a set of good 5/7 spoke mags should make all happy.
Take my word for it , with 15'' on a stock baleno it will be all show no go .. It will slow the car down like no mans business .. Bye bye engine performance ..
Old 20th April 2006, 10:14   #83
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Well looks are very subjective , so i dont think it should bother anyone .. There is no point in arguing on this front ..

Take my word for it , with 15'' on a stock baleno it will be all show no go .. It will slow the car down like no mans business .. Bye bye engine performance ..
Mclaren does that mean if we want to go for bigger tyres 1st we need to have some performance mods???
Old 20th April 2006, 14:29   #84
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK
Mclaren does that mean if we want to go for bigger tyres 1st we need to have some performance mods???
Yes , very much .. Running too big tyres on a stock car will do nothing but slowing the car down by a huge margin .. But the grip around corners will be much better .. Either u do engine mods or still better strike a balance on the rim/tyre size ..
Old 20th April 2006, 21:06   #85
BHPian

Maybe it can be modified like this one. This one is actually dodge stratus sedan. maybe a similar look wld improve the rear of baleno.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/27668.jpg

Last edited by malgudi : 20th April 2006 at 21:12.
Old 24th April 2006, 16:20   #86
Team-BHP Support

Today I saw a heavily modded purple Baleno in Mangalore, I only saw it for a second since I was in the bus. It had heavy skirting in the front and side, ever rear was modified. But I barely got a glance, therefore can't really describe it.
Old 24th April 2006, 16:23   #87
BHPian

Samurai,

Next time around, keep ur camera ready........and that could be the result of Project IRL

Dude, BTW did it look good at the back or ugly ?
Old 9th May 2006, 21:09   #88
BHPian

Some one had promised redesigned tail lamp for baleno........still waiting :(
Old 10th May 2006, 07:21   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf

u hit the nail on the head there elf.The front and teh rear of teh baleno have huge bulges when u look at it from the front and rear 3 quarter view...With the stoopid stock tyres just the bulge can be seen and the skinny tires r hidden inside the bulge...once a 195 or a 205 section fill in those bulges...there absolutely nothing to complain about the looks.The car looks complete..

I mean this aint lookin tht baad...

Last edited by balenopower : 10th May 2006 at 07:27.
Old 10th May 2006, 10:11   #90
Senior - BHPian

Yeah a good wheels'n'tyres set sorts out the looks nicely, very cost and time effective solution.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks