Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2011, 16:49   #136
BHPian

Re: Scangauge E : Advanced Trip Computers, Digital Gauges

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90BHP View Post
Thanks dude, Will surely check these threads and update.

I guess I need to learn how to search also, I tried to search for this but to no avail
Old 11th October 2011, 13:00   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushruth View Post
Hi,
I'm replying to your post/thread on SG e through mails, coz due to some stupid IT practices in my office, I'm not able to post in any of the threads.

I have used SG II till very recently, sold it just a week back to a Cochin guy (through T-bhp).
All I can say, is you can marginally increase the FE based on the output of the SG and adapting the same in your driving skills.
My FE went up by around 1KMPL after I started using SG. TPS (Throttle Position ) is one of the great feature in SG II along with LPH.
I hardly used it for 2 months, got the skills to increase the mileage, then the Novelty factor wore off quite soon.
Good thing was I imporved my driving skills in getting max FE.
SG e has KMPL display, which SG II didn't have (only LHK or MPG). X-gauge is also boon for adding your own custom gauges.
@7400 Rs, SG E is not worth, try getting from US directly (if any of your friends are coming down) as it retails to 99$.
Search OBD & scangauge thread in T-BHP, there are many more OBD tools for half the price.

Buy the SG.. if you really want to increase your mileage MARGINALLY.. forget buying it if you already know the hyper miling techniques. Else it would be just a novelty gadget, but displays some gauges (Volts, engine temp, RPM, intake temp)
You can post the same in the thread too.. if you feel like sharing this mail

Regards
Sushruth
Hi,

At the outset, let me thank you for the detailed PM and with your permission am posting it here as your post as this will help others too. I can't give a thanks courtsey as there's no option right now, anyways I owe you one

The reason behind buying this device is to closely monitor the real time FE in my car as its returning only 12-14Kpl in mixed conditions. I guess, I need to redefine my driving style in line with this car to get the possible best FE. I used to get better figures on other cars I've driven but on this its become a pain.

Yes am planning to buy it from Amazon.com and get it delivered by someone who can carry for me. This is my usual practice when I buy something from Amazon, it will be delivered at the carrier's door step. I know the duties and shipping costs will be almost double of the device cost which I can't afford to have.

Good to know that this can help you to improve the driving styles as its monitoring the different activities in real time and we can adopt the best driving style by seeing it.

Anyways am in the lookout for someone who can carry this for me from US. Any takers
Old 11th October 2011, 13:30   #138
Senior - BHPian

I recently bought a used scanguage II to monitor the coolant water temperature, it is pretty good. I am assuming that you drive a chevy beat petrol.

some of the sensors don't work like the TPS & IGN, like how it worked for sushruth. it is dependent on the sensors that you have on the car.

I am yet to play around with X guage. I would suggest the same, please go for SG-II instead of SG E
Old 11th October 2011, 13:39   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
I recently bought a used scanguage II to monitor the coolant water temperature, it is pretty good. I am assuming that you drive a chevy beat petrol.

some of the sensors don't work like the TPS & IGN, like how it worked for sushruth. it is dependent on the sensors that you have on the car.

I am yet to play around with X guage. I would suggest the same, please go for SG-II instead of SG E
Yes, its a petrol Beat, I know its all depends on the car's ECU capabilities.

You got a PM.
Old 11th October 2011, 14:45   #140
BHPian

@Sajjt:
Is there any functional difference between the various data captured by scangauge when compared with ELM327 OBD reader?
ELM327 is available in USB and Bluetooth versions and seems to be much cheaper than the scangauge device - may be it is because of cheap quality Chinese stuff.
ELM327 Bluetooth - $15.5 onwards.
Auto Car V1.4 ELM327 OBDII OBD2 Bluetooth Diagnostic | eBay
Scan Gauge-20101204_img_009753.jpg

ELM327 USB - $12.5 onwards.
V1.4 ELM327 OBDII OBD2 CAN-BUS Diagnostic Scanner Scan USB For Car/Auto Vehicle | eBay
Scan Gauge-215.jpg

Can be used with a laptop or Mobile phone/PDA.
Just found this screenshot showing instant FE and average FE in Torque android app.
Scan Gauge-2urqolw.jpg
There are Symbian apps also available like OBDScope, but not as funky as Torque.
I am not sure if instant FE is supported by Beat ECU. Any ways international Beat is having this feature - you can see this in the instrument console LCD if seen from an angle.

BTW the ELM327 ordered by me from ebay seems to be lost. I lost the hope now.
Just thinking of ordering one more from dealextreme .
salbin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2011, 19:44   #141
Team-BHP Support

Re: Scan Gauge

Do take a look at this related thread as well :

Affordable ODB Display & Diagnostic Tools (eg. GReddy Informeter, ELM 327, etc)

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2011, 22:52   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
@Sajjt:
Is there any functional difference between the various data captured by scangauge when compared with ELM327 OBD reader?
ELM327 is available in USB and Bluetooth versions and seems to be much cheaper than the scangauge device - may be it is because of cheap quality Chinese stuff.
ELM327 Bluetooth - $15.5 onwards.
Auto Car V1.4 ELM327 OBDII OBD2 Bluetooth Diagnostic | eBay
Attachment 825426

ELM327 USB - $12.5 onwards.
V1.4 ELM327 OBDII OBD2 CAN-BUS Diagnostic Scanner Scan USB For Car/Auto Vehicle | eBay
Attachment 825427

Can be used with a laptop or Mobile phone/PDA.
Just found this screenshot showing instant FE and average FE in Torque android app.
Attachment 825437
There are Symbian apps also available like OBDScope, but not as funky as Torque.
I am not sure if instant FE is supported by Beat ECU. Any ways international Beat is having this feature - you can see this in the instrument console LCD if seen from an angle.

BTW the ELM327 ordered by me from ebay seems to be lost. I lost the hope now.
Just thinking of ordering one more from dealextreme .
Yes ELM327 is far cheaper than SE-E, and difference : technically I don't know but the reviews about Scangauge E is very much promising. Real time gauges are very much accurate as per reviews. Coming back to ELM, all I could get was the instable working of the BT Dongle.

Anyways, this time you made my mind, will order one from DX and check it out before going for a $100 device. My droid will be happy to get it. So pls wait for me this time

DX model cost only less than 1100/-
OBDII Bluetooth Car Diagnostic Cable - Black + Blue + Orange (DC 12V) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

Never had a customs retaining issue, except once got a 300/- bill for a LED bulb. Even the DRLs got free of duty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Do take a look at this related thread as well :

Affordable ODB Display & Diagnostic Tools (eg. GReddy Informeter, ELM 327, etc)

cya
R
Rehaan, thanks for the update, am on my way to that.
Old 12th October 2011, 14:05   #143
BHPian

Ordered for ELM327 OBD II Bluetooth dongle from DX today, waiting for the delivery.

OBDII Bluetooth Car Diagnostic Cable - Black + Blue + Orange (DC 12V) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme
sajjt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2011, 15:33   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Ordered for ELM327 OBD II Bluetooth dongle from DX today, waiting for the delivery.
You are very fast in decision making!!
Now I will wait for your review before getting one.
Expecting a detailed review.
Old 12th October 2011, 15:55   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

wow! congratulations. will meet up next week.
Old 12th October 2011, 15:56   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Ha ha, I hate waiting and am too fast in making wrong moves

Don't expect any miracles, am no expert in this, let it come first.
Old 12th October 2011, 16:29   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
wow! congratulations. will meet up next week.
Oh thanks

Still need a demo of SE II

BTW, am yet to get your cell no.
Old 12th October 2011, 20:41   #148
BHPian

Hi sajjt, Congrats and waiting for your review. Do write a detailed review about working, installation and accuracy. Btw what is your order status, my DRL ordered or 1st October is still "order pending" status.
Old 12th October 2011, 22:13   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_ambat View Post
Hi sajjt, Congrats and waiting for your review. Do write a detailed review about working, installation and accuracy. Btw what is your order status, my DRL ordered or 1st October is still "order pending" status.
, Reviews? Sorry to disappoint you all, not at all a good narrator, haven't even put up an ownership thread or ICEing just because of it.

I've given the order today afternoon only and its showing "Order Received" in the status.

May be the item is temporarily out of stock and they must be in touch with the supplier. You need to have enough patience when ordering it from DX as they are depending on the normal postal service to minimise the shipping charges But they are very co operative, you can even ask their executive over a chat session. Once it took more than 2.5 months to reach here safely, but only once. Normal duration is 2-3 weeks from the date of order.

Last edited by sajjt : 12th October 2011 at 22:16.
Old 12th October 2011, 23:35   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Its the same one which stopped working on my car right. We checked when we had met up I thought you already ordered one.

Quote:
, Reviews? Sorry to disappoint you all, not at all a good narrator, haven't even put up an ownership thread or ICEing just because of it.

I've given the order today afternoon only and its showing "Order Received" in the status.

May be the item is temporarily out of stock and they must be in touch with the supplier. You need to have enough patience when ordering it from DX as they are depending on the normal postal service to minimise the shipping charges But they are very co operative, you can even ask their executive over a chat session. Once it took more than 2.5 months to reach here safely, but only once. Normal duration is 2-3 weeks from the date of order.
Yup. It took 27 days(Including Non working days) for me to get the same thing.
Worked like a charm so long as it worked. But it stopped working when i plugged it out when the car was running

The readings were accurate. The throttle position / The Speedo reading were all pretty good. But, the Instantaneous FE figures varied over a very large range . The speedo reading has 2 options in the Torque app : The one from the GPS and the one from the Scanner. I also monitored the Boost PSI reading and even that was pretty accurate. I drive a diesel car, so the boost psi used to be in negative at idle and used to become 0 around 1.8 rpm and move in the positive direction from there on. All the best with yours. Cheers.
Kimified is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks