Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2013, 10:39   #16
Senior - BHPian

The intercooler came in this morning. Found this barely used one for sale in Dubai and my dad brought it while coming down. It's in practically new condition.

Race Dynamics' Baleno Build-up: ITBs/Turbocharged - Re-dynoed @ 256 WHP!-image4121797208.jpg

2.5" inlet/outlet
Race Dynamics' Baleno Build-up: ITBs/Turbocharged - Re-dynoed @ 256 WHP!-image3868688742.jpg

The engine bay is also being cleaned to remove all the dirt and grime collected over the years. Quite time consuming, but the end result should be well worth it.
Race Dynamics' Baleno Build-up: ITBs/Turbocharged - Re-dynoed @ 256 WHP!-image571604752.jpg

Last edited by binz : 2nd March 2013 at 10:50.
binz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2013, 11:45   #17
BHPian

Re: Building a G16b - Turbocharged + ITBs

*Droool

How much of boost would you be planning to run it on? Can't wait to see what the end product looks like
Old 2nd March 2013, 13:56   #18
Senior - BHPian

Boost would be 1 bar at the bare minimum. It's not a very straight forward build and it's not something that's been done before so there's really no benchmark - will just have to see how things progress.
Old 2nd March 2013, 14:01   #19
Senior - BHPian

Awesome build looks very promising indeed. I have a few questions

1. What Engine Management are you going to use ??
2. What suspension will you run ??
3. What about brakes.
4. What about pistons ?? I saw pictures of forged rods
Old 2nd March 2013, 15:06   #20
BHPian

I can only imagine what crazy mind came up with the whole idea. Looks quite neat. Eagerly waiting for more pics and details.
Old 2nd March 2013, 15:31   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Awesome build looks very promising indeed. I have a few questions

1. What Engine Management are you going to use ??
2. What suspension will you run ??
3. What about brakes.
4. What about pistons ?? I saw pictures of forged rods

I will get to the electronics a bit later, it is as special as the mechanicals on this engine and deserves its own post. The ecu will be the Racedynamics RD 0901 Standalone.

I have two spare sets of stock suspension which i have gathered over time. One set will be stiffened with lowered springs. The next set will be kept for a koni + peddars setup if I can find a set for sale. For hill climbs and drags the car will run J Anand tarmac suspension. Aside from this I have my existing set of gas struts and springs.

Again with braking, the stock setup is sufficient for street. Will upgrade the pads to black diamonds.

Pistons are standard Suzuki g16b pistons - .5 oversize. Weak link on this build is the rods and they have been taken care of.

MLS head gasket has been ordered and will reach mid next week. Its oem suzuki but at 150$ is on the higher side. Let me know if anyone needs the part number - will post it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmunster View Post
I can only imagine what crazy mind came up with the whole idea. Looks quite neat. Eagerly waiting for more pics and details.
Its the same crazy mind that pulled this off -

Last edited by binz : 2nd March 2013 at 15:33.
Old 2nd March 2013, 16:36   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
I will get to the electronics a bit later, it is as special as the mechanicals on this engine and deserves its own post. The ecu will be the Racedynamics RD 0901 Standalone.
Special electronics ?? Are we talking about Traction control ?? Wheel Speed Sensors ??

I am looking forward to this. ITB + Turbo will have crazy amount of power and putting the same Power down will also be a issue. The suzuki pistons will have standard compression or lower compression ??
Old 2nd March 2013, 17:37   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Special electronics ?? Are we talking about Traction control ?? Wheel Speed Sensors ??

I am looking forward to this. ITB + Turbo will have crazy amount of power and putting the same Power down will also be a issue. The suzuki pistons will have standard compression or lower compression ??
Will post everything in good time buddy. The post is in the assembly line and the mods can vouch for it!
Old 3rd March 2013, 01:36   #24
Senior - BHPian

That video is ridiculous :-)
Old 4th March 2013, 20:08   #25
Senior - BHPian

All the plumbing is back - Tig welded and polished. Engine will come in first thing In the morning. Here's an approximate layout of how things will go in:

Race Dynamics' Baleno Build-up: ITBs/Turbocharged - Re-dynoed @ 256 WHP!-image2200370733.jpg

Close up of the plenum:

Race Dynamics' Baleno Build-up: ITBs/Turbocharged - Re-dynoed @ 256 WHP!-image663139956.jpg
binz is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th March 2013, 01:43   #26
BHPian

Way to go Binoy. You have all that it takes to build a real fun car. I cant wait to see it fully done up. The thought gone into this project is quite radical and the result should be really interesting.
fieroid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2013, 22:25   #27
Senior - BHPian

Finally after an antagonising wait the block is back. The stock 75mm bore has been bored out to a accommodate the 75.5mm Suzuki Vitara cast pistons. This delay means that the baleno will not be taking part at the upcoming drag. While we could put things together and run the engine in on the way to Pune - it's really not worth it. This car has been taking part and will take part in as many official events as possible. Im really disappointed that I won't be able to drive it this weekend. One the brighter side nothing has to be rushed and this will be worth the wait!

Pictures of the bore and piston, not going overboard with the pictures.

Race Dynamics' Baleno Build-up: ITBs/Turbocharged - Re-dynoed @ 256 WHP!-image425075966.jpg

Race Dynamics' Baleno Build-up: ITBs/Turbocharged - Re-dynoed @ 256 WHP!-image1358000070.jpg

Last edited by binz : 5th March 2013 at 22:47.
binz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2013, 22:58   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racedynamics View Post
Itbs are 43mm
Hi Binz, nice build &

Can I ask what bike the ITBs are from ?

N00b question here, how is bypass air for idling handled in an ITB setup ?

Thanks in advance & the very best of luck for the build
Old 6th March 2013, 00:19   #29
Senior - BHPian

Hmm, will need to look up the part numbers and see what it has been taken from. It didn't matter much so we didn't bother checking; now that you've asked I will look it up. They are 43mm keihins if I remember right.

Most itb setups aren't used on daily drivers which means they never have any form of idle control apart from adjusting the air screw. The ones that are daily drivers though should some form of idle air control. On my car, we are adapting the stock iacv to work with the itbs which will be controlled by the standalone.

Last edited by binz : 6th March 2013 at 00:33.
binz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2013, 22:21   #30
BHPian

There is always a calm before a storm.

i am waiting for this monster to be unveiled

The build up seems to be great and i am sure its in for a fantastic outcome.
nidhin0816 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks